*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QPR, 2nd season now.

Ok, will do.

Clubs are still buying and selling etc.. I didn't get the usual message saying the transfer window is now closed either..

0cdbc3400adfcb64f8fb089fb51bffb8.png

Ok, the window just closed on the 3rd of September, is this normal now? did I miss something? why the 3rd?

Is'nt the 31st a bank holiday which falls on the Saturday so the window would get extended to the next working day which would be the Tuesday as Monday would have been delegated as the bank Holiday.

Maybe I'm wrong.

First post, although I'm sure I had an account on here before...but hey ho.

I don't want to bitch and moan as the game is what it is and people seem to be enjoying it...but it seems pretty unplayable for me. I've loaded up FM12 to check this morning and I've been running a large database with 40+ leagues, the game speed is fairly slow as you'd expect with that amount of data but I've played it windowed, browsing the Internet, YouTube at the same time (dual monitors) all year and everything runs fine and it's certainly been playable.

Using the recommended settings on FM 13 now (which is just 12 leagues with a large database) and during processing, after pressing continue, my processor is going at 100% and I'm really not liking how much of a strain it sounds like the game is putting on my PC. It was the same during the beta but I guess I hoped it'd be different in the full game so didn't cancel my pre-order.

I'm not in the market for a new PC right now and I don't think that's really an acceptable level of performance so I'm going to bow out and probably try and trade it in on Friday towards Halo 4 :(

Oh, almost forgot..for any one who is interested, PC is about 3 years old with Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 8GB RAM and a pretty bog standard 512mb ATI Radeon HD 4500 series graphics card.

• Administrators
It's mean i need second key? If yes, then you have part of guilt on this. There is no information about "only Beta".

f048aba76dd5.jpg

You need to contact Steam about your transaction with the other user. Thanks.

Really wish I had not read this thread. I was looking forward to a nice long save tonight but I can't when I know there that there are issues of that magnitude :(

yeah,that one is just unexplainable. although I've played through a full season on extended highlights and didn't have such an occurence so possibly it is extremly rare.

Really wish I had not read this thread. I was looking forward to a nice long save tonight but I can't when I know there that there are issues of that magnitude :(

While that is a ridiculous bug i wouldn't put off playing the game because of it.

I've played a total of 6 seasons in the beta and retail versions combined and i haven't seen anything like that, and i use extended highlights. It will have such a small chance of happening that you will likely never see it in your save.

That's not to say that SI shouldn't look into it of course!

Well the kid went to bed and I managed to have an hour and a half with the release version.

I have to say I am not to impressed at the moment.

Still way to many goals,it may be my tactic but I have yet to have a 0-0 or a 1-0,I am doing very well in the league and I am sitting in 5th in the BSS but I have scored some 30 goals and have 24 against in 12 games!

My last few games finished 4-2,3-2,5-1(cup game) and 2-2.

Is anyone else also seeing a lot of penalties,I was trying to find a way to see how many penalties my team have conceded but I could not find this option but it must be around 7 or 8 in 12 games.

Also showing the end of the match as a highlight has to be 1 of the worst additions in recent years,it seems when it starts with 2 minutes of injury time to go and maybe I am looking for the win,I have to then watch thinking my team will make a chance at goal but all they do is pass it around the opposing teams box for the 2 minutes without making a chance,just a frustrating addition.

[video=youtube;_LTZsYDRXNc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LTZsYDRXNc

yeah,that one is just unexplainable. although I've played through a full season on extended highlights and didn't have such an occurence so possibly it is extremly rare.

..yeah, but this one, costs me Champions League Place, i just finished on 5th place behind 2 points Aston Villa (4th) and Newcastle (3th) !

Well the kid went to bed and I managed to have an hour and a half with the release version.

Still way to many goals,it may be my tactic but I have yet to have a 0-0 or a 1-0,I am doing very well in the league and I am sitting in 5th in the BSS but I have scored some 30 goals and have 24 against in 12 games!

Is anyone else also seeing a lot of penalties,I was trying to find a way to see how many penalties my team have conceded but I could not find this option but it must be around 7 or 8 in 12 games.

Also showing the end of the match as a highlight has to be 1 of the worst additions in recent years,it seems when it starts with 2 minutes of injury time to go and maybe I am looking for the win,I have to then watch thinking my team will make a chance at goal but all they do is pass it around the opposing teams box for the 2 minutes without making a chance,just a frustrating addition.

I seem to remember the last point as being something that has been prevalent in many of the games over the years

Presumably, if your the new manager that has taken over your favourite team and they are considered a top league team,then the players are generally not impressed with you? I see that on the feedback from the assman that some of the players are finding it hard to motivate themselves for me. This has always been the case over the last few iterations. Therefore, does this/should this effect the way your players play thus affecting your tactics.

My understanding is that it probably will impact on your tactics for awhile until the team are happy with you.

As for the scoring aspect all my games re full game have been 1-0/2-1/0-0 no high scoring games yet. Also the opposition defence seems a lot better?

Something i noticed in the Demo, way too much passing around the penalty area, almost like the players don't know what to do.

I don't know if anyone else is having a potential "backroom advice" problem. In the beta version coaches etc gave training advices almost weekly. Now in the release version I resumed my save game and I've played for around a month and not a single training advice has come. Basically only the next/previous opponent media advice are showing.

Playing as Telford in the BBP and in my second season.

Hi there my positions set up seems to have gone a bit weird...

29da4j.png

If I click 'position' they go in the right order but if I do that when I select a squad the players don't go to the top in selection order? Hope I'm making sense. Only a slight problem to be honest, not something I can't live with but just seems a bit annoying.

Cant seem to find the team talk feedback page and squad gelling screen that was in FM12 nor the assistant pre-match warm up report I used to use this in FM12 to set some of my team talks ie if a player was cocky in the warm ups you could set the talk to suit. However cant seem to find this screen before the game as its not in the preview of the match in hand. Has it been taken out SI and also the other screen with

Feedback for FM 2013.

Release or pre-release of BETA and Pre-ordering

A lot of games have moved to a Beta release for pre-ordering the game. I think in FM's case the number of Match Engine bugs meant that rather than the Beta testing being some kind of PR exercise as is often the case, and perhaps some of the Senior PR guys in SI saw it as that, it turned into actual beta testing of a product that wasn't in a fit state to be sold.

I felt that the Beta dropped too late for all of the required match engine fixes, and would recommend that in the future if they are going to give Beta access for pre-ordering, give us a month to test with regular bi-weekly patches.

I also felt that if the Beta testers had access to a central bug repositiory with numbers, so once a bug was reported as a "Known" it was given a number and then in the Beta patch notes we could see - the following bug numbers have been reported as fixed: 10156, 10458 etc etc. This would then allow more through reporting/testing.

As a PR Exercise I think it failed drastically, for the first day I'm sure the pre-orders will have gone up as people playing early were saying wow this is awesome, but after a 24 period it started to sink in how dauntingly bugged the engine was, and I'm sure I am not alone where my facebook went from "Wow guys, Preorder FM its the best Ever" to "Err actually dont, ME is wost ever (yes I'm including CM3, Watchdog INC!)"

Physical Release of Game - Go Live

I think that this has been a massive huge problem for FM in the past, some of the problems have been their doing, others have been because of circumstances beyond their control (Cyberattacks ftw), but from what I have seen, very few seem to be having problems with the installing on go live. So kudos for that one guys.

Anything else

I dont mind about the whole Dark Skin Saga, no worries but there are a few things which I am disappointed with:

Licenses - I watched every Video Blog, and it wasnt until the last video blog that licensing came up, I noticed Premiership missing and I was instantly filled with dread. Sure enough the fixture list is not allowed to be the same and that is a massive problem for me. I used to love having a save where I could reload a few times and see what the predicitve results would be versus the actual results on the day. Ofcourse sometimes they go out of sync and thats no biggy, but to me part of football realism is it mirroring real life, unfortunatly due to licensing that can no longer be the case, but to me its a big hole in the product that I wish would of been identified clearly before I purchased. For me its like buying a fighting game but it come without the ability to punch due to licensing.

Pricing model - Recommended Retail Price listed as 39.99 on Steam, pre-order at the amazing 29.99. I am happy if I see that the standard price for this game then is 39.99, and that I dont see it being sold for 4.99 at christmas. The discount for pre-purchasing at below recommended retail price should be exactly that and if Steam dont sell the game at 39.99 as advertised then I think I've been mis-sold and mislead.

After 14 years I'm still a fan of the series, and I dont think that will change, and I have faith that by christmas I'll have a bugfree game that will be awesome fun to play. I wont be impressed though if someone can buy the bugfree game at christmas for a fraction of the cost that I have, where I have put my faith in the company supporting financially and they have done nothing and get a better deal.

I don't know if anyone else is having a potential "backroom advice" problem. In the beta version coaches etc gave training advices almost weekly. Now in the release version I resumed my save game and I've played for around a month and not a single training advice has come. Basically only the next/previous opponent media advice are showing.

Playing as Telford in the BBP and in my second season.

Just an idea you might have to reset when you want backroom advice. Could be that it has set itself to none? Just a thought.

My feedback:

It is a real shame that you have not given a "Classic view" option for matches. This is a total deal breaker for me and after half an hour on the beta I uninstalled it and cancelled my pre-order.

Not to be melodramatic, I know nobody else will care and SI certainly don't care about losing one customer, but I am feeling such a sense of loss at something which has been part of my life for so very long. I just never thought I'd stop playing FM.

I'm sorry to read that. When the pitch isn't in maximised mode, isn't that similar enough to the Classic View in past versions? Can you please clarify exactly what's been specifically lost in the match screen revamp that you'd like to see return.

Ok I've just finished my first full season, was a mix of Beta and full release. Generally happy with the game, a few minor quibbles but when isn't there? I do have one major issue though (major for me anyway)...

I'm playing as Oxford City in the Blue Square North. I finished 3rd (predicted 20th) and won the playoff meaning I'm promoted to the Blue Square Prem. Happy Days thinks I. Finances are 50k in debt and I've been getting about 300 attendances in a stadium of 3000 capacity. Imagine my surprise when the board tell me they are dishing out £8 million for a new 7000 stadium and my budgets have been blown apart by the huge loan they took out.

Why oh why would they do that? I'm in poor financial position and am coming nowhere near selling out my stadium.

My other slightly more than minor gripe is the amount of 30 yard screamers that are being scored. BSN is hardly a hotbed of talent yet I've scored quite a few that wouldn't have looked out of place on Match of the Day.

SI never confirms when a patch will be released

Well, within 1-2 weeks SI will, as usual, internally deploy the patch strategy for FM13 and it would be nice to share it with us.

1) we already know there will be a patch within the first week of February.

2) we already know there will be a patch ( the latest one ) around the end of March

3 ) we already know there will be a patch few days before Xmas

The strategy is clear, I was just wondering if the FM13 strategy patch will differ or not from the usual script :)

I'm so disappointed after playing this game a while. I was really looking forward to playing it when it came out but the match engine is shambolic. I just played a game where I lost 5 nil and they were all crosses. :(

The game itself I think is really good but unfortunately without a decent match engine it's all pointless. The defense as a whole is bemusing, defenders don't react to anything, the don't even try and mark attackers, they don't even try and block crosses and they seem to let players sprint past them as they jog back.

Hopefully it's sorted quickly and I can actually play it but it's a major let down at the moment. :(

I'm so disappointed after playing this game a while. I was really looking forward to playing it when it came out but the match engine is shambolic. I just played a game where I lost 5 nil and they were all crosses. :(

The game itself I think is really good but unfortunately without a decent match engine it's all pointless. The defense as a whole is bemusing, defenders don't react to anything, the don't even try and mark attackers, they don't even try and block crosses and they seem to let players sprint past them as they jog back.

Hopefully it's sorted quickly and I can actually play it but it's a major let down at the moment. :(

I have none of those issues? The oppposition defence seems better than ever, regrettably and my games are all low scoring. Goals from crosses are minimum? Maybe, if you have discovered a bug you could report that with the pkm from your matches to highlight what you think is wrong? My defence could be better but not getting those issues you are getting re no reaction from defenders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tlETodeB8QY

Could someone please explain to me what in the flying eff just happened to me...

I am playing as Celtic, first match of the season against Slovan Liberec (CL) and as their winger is standing on the wing all my players just decide to walk to the sidelines to get some smores giving Slovan a 4on1 chance on goal...

Needless to say after uploading this I ragequitted because seriously SI, this shouldn't be happening...

Could someone please explain to me what in the flying eff just happened to me...

I am playing as Celtic, first match of the season against Slovan Liberec (CL) and as their winger is standing on the wing all my players just decide to walk to the sidelines to get some smores giving Slovan a 4on1 chance on goal...

Needless to say after uploading this I ragequitted because seriously SI, this shouldn't be happening...

Huh, another one, guess that's a new bug in the retail release.

It's been said a thousand times there won't be a default dark skin for FM13. Wait for a few days, there will be some good dark skins to download for sure.

Look at skins forum, there at least 3 skins for FM 2013, FMC, carbon and stelko. I'am using stelko skin.

Well, within 1-2 weeks SI will, as usual, internally deploy the patch strategy for FM13 and it would be nice to share it with us.

1) we already know there will be a patch within the first week of February.

2) we already know there will be a patch ( the latest one ) around the end of March

3 ) we already know there will be a patch few days before Xmas

The strategy is clear, I was just wondering if the FM13 strategy patch will differ or not from the usual script :)

PaulC has already stated that he's hoping for another Match Engine patch later this month

Just to let you know the training bug is still there, sorted out all my coaches so that the star ratings for my training are as high as possible then a few days later all back to default

We're aware of this. Pinpointing what is causing this to reproduce has not been easy, but we'll continue trying until we've identified the cause of this issue.

Before closing the game, I just conceded a wonderful own goal. The GK just let the slowest through pass go past him and my DC banged the ball into the net when there is no pressure at all. It was very funny.

I'll just wait for the updates :)

GKs are crazy in ME in my opinion.

In addition, I think loaning has some work to do. I started with a low league team and there was this guy with very nice attributes, valued 2 something million Euro loaned from a Bulgarian team. Now I got promoted and I can't even loan half good guys than him because everybody rejects. IRL, apparently it is not THAT hard.

I've had a lot of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 matches, nowehere near the crazy high scores people seem to be getting on a regular basis.

therefore never a 0 to 0!! TOO MANY GOALS really too many goals in my opinion is a big mistake of the graphics engine none of the people I know and play fm 2013 has never had a 0 to 0! ABSURD!!

• SI Staff

Huh, another one, guess that's a new bug in the retail release.

We are aware if this. I made a balls up in ME1310 and we'll be rolling a fix out for this issue as soon as we can verify its resolved and build up the new code. My apologies. Fortunately its a relatively rare occurance.......

therefore never a 0 to 0!! TOO MANY GOALS really too many goals in my opinion is a big mistake of the graphics engine none of the people I know and play fm 2013 has never had a 0 to 0! ABSURD!!

I've seen plenty of 0-0's for both my team and AI teams in the 6 seasons i've played so far, not a huge amount but FM12 was the same in that respect.

Is there a reason I can't make subs, change strategy or instructions during a game? or is this a bug? It was working fine in my first match but now for some reason it isn't letting me change anything

Did you create a new shout inside the match? We're looking at an issue where if you create a new shout, your tactics will become disabled until the end of the half.

We are aware if this. I made a balls up in ME1310 and we'll be rolling a fix out for this issue as soon as we can verify its resolved and build up the new code. My apologies. Fortunately its a relatively rare occurance.......

Ah cool, nice to know it's known and being fixed then :D

Just to let you know the training bug is still there, sorted out all my coaches so that the star ratings for my training are as high as possible then a few days later all back to default

How can you play FM if you have to set the coaching training assignments every match ?

If that is confirmed it's a show stopper.

Archived