*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by the way it's not even funny the transformation that has happened over night and it seems my other niggles have been fixed so anything else done now is just a bonus. I'm so gutted i have to go to work and then shopping with the missus before i can fully enjoy my vastly superior to the league team playing as a vastly superior team that have now remembered how to play football and that horrid time of being told i don't know how to play by folk who were not experiencing problems. For me it is a vindication that there were issues with the ME that contributed to weird results.

Great game at last.

Days processing is absolutely awful, hope this is improved in the next update.

I didn't take part in the transfer deadline day yet it still only go's forward an hour, can't imagine what it would be like if I actually took part in it.

Days processing is absolutely awful, hope this is improved in the next update.

I didn't take part in the transfer deadline day yet it still only go's forward an hour, can't imagine what it would be like if I actually took part in it.

When asked if you want to take part in it, does it not mean take part in an interview and comment on it. I don't think it means that you will skip the whole thing.

how i set up a pre season camp??? i just arranged a tour to JAMAICA for my Real Madrid squad... so the camp is in Jamaica???

I think it's set up by default at the beginning. As you gain reputation you will have the option to choose it by yourself. I didn't have that expirience but I think I read it somewhere.

The worst FM yet. Last year's after an update that suddenly crippled every player and made sure that even the fittest players wouldn't dare play 2 matches in 1 week was pretty bad. But this takes the biscuit.

The mind-numbingly, tediously boring "highlight" at kick off. Why do we need to see an utterly irrelevant "passage of play" for about 30 seconds? Same again at the end before the final whistle. It's incredibly infuriating then because you'll inevitably be drawing or losing after absolutely dominating a match and you'll think you've got a chance, but nah, that's just FM taking the mickey out of you.

Why do you need to play counter attack to create CCC's? It's increasingly obvious that FM's ME can't comprehend possession based play and CCC's because it can only exploit space because it's clearly outdated.

Cross to the far post = goal. Ridiculous. Not nearly as ridiculous as the seemingly weekly long ball/cross from about 80 yards which will fly into the net. Every few games that happens. Even Abu Hamza wouldn't be that inept at catching a bloody football.

Strikers can't score in this game, it seems. Only AML's or AMR's who're the recipients of a far post cross from the other winger. We never saw Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, van Persie et al score for fun last season did we? One thing's for sure, we won't be seeing it in this FM.

Biggest complaint is with the complete lack of action. Going a full half with like 1 highlight is just unacceptable. More so when you're playing against 10 men and the commentary is flashing "AND THEY'RE PILING THE PRESSURE ON!!!!!!!". The only pressure that's rising is my blood pressure at the dross on display. Previous FM's would've seen lots of actions. There were games where you'd be all over an opponent for the full match and you may not have broken through but you were still dominant and that was evident. The past few weeks of playing this FM has only proven that that isn't the case any more. Bad move.

Whoever decides the SPL players' ratings ought to resign from their role immediately. Dundee United overpowered once more. Jon Daly the Irish Lionel Messi bizarrely. Jon Daly is ridiculously overrated with 16 finishing and 15 CREATIVITY?!?! 14 passing too LOL. 15 first touch. 12 technique HAHAHAHA. Jon Daly, world class trequartista folks. Oh wait, he's absolutely crap and is just a stereotypical target man but obviously was kind enough to take a picture in Lidl's with the SPL researcher which earned him mega brownie points. Sickening, shameful, cringeoworthy, urgh, I can taste it in my mouth and it's vile. All the while, Thomas Muller has once again been totally disrespected with a measly 14 finishing and no other technical attributes of note, but that's fine, because you can always patronise him and bump up his mental stats and basically say "you're crap mate, but you try really hard. Good for you xx". Speaking of SPL ratings, Samaras' rating is an utter joke compared to that man Jon Daly once again. A striker so unbelievably good he gets put at centre back because he's rather tall and cumbersome. Honestly, is the SPL researcher a Dundee United fan and completely biased or just completely incompetent? It's actually laughable. Anyone who watches the SPL go look at Jon Daly's attributes. Put a nappy on beforehand though because you will have an accident.

I look forward to updates/patches. Although, maybe not, with SI's previous of updates and their impact. Or lack of. Regressing. If ever a word was apt it was that.

Can't wait for FM14 already. NOT.

Jon Daly: Football Manager 2012

d2SAX.png

Jon Daly: Football Manager 2013:

4Zbq4.png

Apparently he's gotten stronger and faster pace wise in the past year. His positioning and off the ball have gone up by 2 and influence 3!?!?!?!His creativity has went up by 2. I'm gobsmacked by that. He now concentrates more. He's far more composed. He anticipates better and the most galling of all - his aggression has came significantly down. How convenient that the poster boy who would've been a risk of red cards regularly has suddenly hit the prozac and can continue on to rival Lionel Messi for the Ballon d'Or and the title of the greatest footballer of all time.

Honestly, SPL watchers, go look at Samaras and Hooper's attributes then Daly's. Both far, far greater players than Daly is on the bloody Playstation yet he so massively outshines both of them and many others. I just don't get it, SI.

7pxQ1.jpg

you know.... the effort you put into this post... you could have loaded up the editor and changed all your little gripes several times over and started a new game by now...

it really irks me that people moan at data issues... SI don't do the data.. researchers do , as you mention yourselves. SI provide the editor so anyone who disagrees with anything can change it.. and let's face it... if you had a room of 5 people and asked them about a single player, all would have their own opinion on what stats he should have, nevermind millions of people to please.

One thing I have immediately noticed which I hoped would be fixed.

In the beta, one of my first team (starts literally every game he is fit) was unhappy because: General Happiness - Wants to gain first team experience from going on loan.

I had hoped this would be fixed with the release, why would a first team player want first team experience going on loan? Yet the problem remains.

When asked if you want to take part in it, does it not mean take part in an interview and comment on it. I don't think it means that you will skip the whole thing.

I'm sure the message was a basic do you want to take part in deadline line with either accept or decline. Plus I didn't have the yellow bar across the top what you get if you do take part.

I could not try full version because I'm at work.

What's about updated match engine?

Is it better than 2012?

It is if you ask me. It's not perfect of course, but it's much better and more realistic.

The code for my boxed version is taking forever to update to the full game.

Just spending ages and ages saying creating local game cache files...

Preparing FM 2013 files for install...

Progress bar sitting at zero and has been for about 10 mins.

... another one, more stupid this one

[video=youtube;8SKEe9k-GVE]

I have not been able to play the release version yet,maybe later on today but I have to say this does not inspire confidence,totally shocking.

Also I read this entire thread and for everyone that felt the need to jump on people asking about a dark skin,Miles had said that they would wait and see how the players took to the new skin and if SI felt there was a need to make a dark skin they would make one.

He never once said there would never be a dark skin,just that it was not there now as they felt this 1 skin would suit everyone,I think we can agree that is not the case and many users,myself included would like a dark skin from SI.

I know I can get one that is player made but I would much prefer a skin that SI supports.

One thing I have immediately noticed which I hoped would be fixed.

In the beta, one of my first team (starts literally every game he is fit) was unhappy because: General Happiness - Wants to gain first team experience from going on loan.

I had hoped this would be fixed with the release, why would a first team player want first team experience going on loan? Yet the problem remains.

his squad status? doesn't like being considered a backup which i assume he is listed as or something similar..

I can't honestly see the difference in the ME with the beta to be honest.

They might have fixed the GK being stupid issue but the defending and closing down is still inexistant. Ridiculous to see some world class defenders run away from an easy interception

Another bit of feedback - unfortunately I cannot record this because it always says "Clip must be between 10 and 60 seconds long" - even though it was 15 seconds.

Anyway, I just had a goal disallowed for a push on the keeper. The keeper then placed the ball for a free kick and just stood there for ages, after a couple of seconds my striker just literally walked up to the ball and knocked it in the net and the goal stood!

FAO those who keep asking for a dark skin

Please visit the Skinning Hideout for some user-made skins - including Steklo X3, which has been released already...

Thanks but I would much rather have a skin that SI supports.

I will wait for Miles to respond as he did say he wanted people to try the new skin and then if there was a need for a dark skin then SI would then look at making 1.

Was going to go out and buy the game today(always buy boxed copy) but this kind of thing is putting me off.

357hopu.jpg

That's the 4th such result in 13 games, as in previous FM's its just too often.

They had 1 ccc(disputed penalty) and had scored the least amount of goals in the league up to this point.

This was also happening in a Man Utd Demo save i played previously.

Its like the AI cannot compete, so has to resort to this sort of thing. :(

Was going to go out and buy the game today(always buy boxed copy) but this kind of thing is putting me off.

357hopu.jpg

That's the 4th such result in 13 games, as in previous FM's its just too often.

They had 1 ccc(disputed penalty) and had scored the least amount of goals in the league up to this point.

This was also happening in a Man Utd Demo save i played previously.

Its like the AI cannot compete, so has to resort to this sort of thing. :(

I gotta admit, I really am not enjoying this version of FM. My main gripe is all the 'flashy' and 'interactive' screens... I find them all really annoying and unnecessary.

Been a hardcore fan since the old Champ Man games, this is the first time I've really been put off. Shame, really...

I'm hoping I can fix this by installing an alternative skin, otherwise my 'last played' count for FM 13 will just grow and grow.

I don't understand how some people are saying it runs quick and others saying it runs slow. For me it runs super slow compared to fm12. For the people saying it runs quick how many leagues you playing and what's your pc specs?

I don't understand how some people are saying it runs quick and others saying it runs slow. For me it runs super slow compared to fm12. For the people saying it runs quick how many leagues you playing and what's your pc specs?

It's not as simple as game size or PC specs, it seems there is something about SOME people's systems that can cause slowdown, which is why they're having trouble identifying your particular problem.

Do i need to start a new game ? It seems that old save game from beta is working, but will i see all updates in current save game ?

Game play updates will all be applied but data base changes won't, you'll need to start a new save for them to show.

Thanks kriss that's the first honest answer I have had on the subject. So is it 64 bit windows or processor, that would be my guess.

Not even that simple, but do be assured they will get to the root of it, trouble is they don't give news out till they have some which is frustrating for those waiting.

Some general feedback from Beta to Retail:

Match engine is better, but my strikers still seem to be struggling to score after a couple of games post-update. I'll keep an eye on this.

Having read the update log for the retail launch, there are no real changes to the beta appearance/content, just bug fixes, which is a shame. That being said, some of the media stuff does seem to have been fixed that I raised during beta, so grats for that.

My main gripe from 2012 into 2013 is when you apply for a job whilst already managing a club - why does the media ALWAYS get hold of this, or why are the board always aware that you've applied? This just isn't realistic! - How many times have we seen managers get tapped up by other clubs, or apply for stuff on the quiet?

Please, please, please fix this in a patch as it drives me insane. You can't apply to a higher rep club without ending up with the old Apologise/Resign choice after a couple of job applications.

There has to be a chance that it goes public, agreed, but not every time guys!

Thoughts?

D

Hmm, I had a weird bug. I started a game, made som offers, sackings, etc but never simmed a day. I saved and continued the game today.

The game didn't register the actions I did yesterday. The players I offered out was transfer-listed but they didn't generate any offers and was not noted in the news. The staff I sacked was still there despite the news saying I sacked them. The players I offered contratcs never recieved any. The staff I signed was not offered contracts. However if I go and sign them now I get two menu items, contract - offer contract and approach to sign, instead of just the latter as I get when signing "others".

Generating Match Report... WHY?!

Why was this completely irritating feature added? Takes an age to load when you click on a result. A big part of my FM experience was clicking on various games to view match ratings/stats/etc now for some reason SI have decided to make it a pain in the a**.

Could you please fix this?

thanks in advance!

Why was this completely irritating feature added? Takes an age to load when you click on a result. A big part of my FM experience was clicking on various games to view match ratings/stats/etc now for some reason SI have decided to make it a pain in the a**.

thanks in advance!

I dont like it either but they have said they are looking at a fix.

thanks in advance!

This is not a feature we've added, but has been caused by some of the under the hood changes made to the Match screen this version. All I can say for the time being is that we are aware that this is an inconvenience to some, and would have addressed this by now if it was a simple thing to change, but unfortunately it's not.

Another bit of feedback - unfortunately I cannot record this because it always says "Clip must be between 10 and 60 seconds long" - even though it was 15 seconds.

Anyway, I just had a goal disallowed for a push on the keeper. The keeper then placed the ball for a free kick and just stood there for ages, after a couple of seconds my striker just literally walked up to the ball and knocked it in the net and the goal stood!

Can you please post the issue you are having with recording clips to http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface?

This is not a feature we've added, but has been caused by some of the under the hood changes made to the Match screen this version. All I can say for the time being is that we are aware that this is an inconvenience to some, and would have addressed this by now if it was a simple thing to change, but unfortunately it's not.

Thanks a lot Bardi for the quick response.

Have a nice&easy day :)

My main gripe from 2012 into 2013 is when you apply for a job whilst already managing a club - why does the media ALWAYS get hold of this, or why are the board always aware that you've applied? This just isn't realistic! - How many times have we seen managers get tapped up by other clubs, or apply for stuff on the quiet?

While I wouldn't disagree with your main point, I found this funny. By definition, if we have heard lots in real life then the media does get hold of it! It's the ones we never hear about that prove your point, but we just don't know how often we don't hear!

That said, if you choose not to go public for it, it should only be rumours in the press, which you can deny. There should also be false rumours that you are interested in other jobs when you are not. Any of these rumours, unless confirmed, should not unduly affect your board though.

The widgets in the match for formations, match stats, player rating etc. Are still not staying in the place that they are moved to. Once they are minimized they jump back to their original places. So more often than not they are behind another widget.

Could you please post this to http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface? This is something that has been tested quite extensively, but there's so many permutations to which are open, where they're located etc. that it's not the most straightforward to nail.

While I wouldn't disagree with your main point, I found this funny. By definition, if we have heard lots in real life then the media does get hold of it! It's the ones we never hear about that prove your point, but we just don't know how often we don't hear!

That said, if you choose not to go public for it, it should only be rumours in the press, which you can deny. There should also be false rumours that you are interested in other jobs when you are not. Any of these rumours, unless confirmed, should not unduly affect your board though.

I did think that as I was writing it to be honest, but you get my point - some managers have moved at the very last minute without the press ever picking up on it. I think your ideas about rumours is a great one as well - SI folk - any feedback on this?

D

Archived