*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

I to selecting the same way I did on FM 2012, just that the game is much slower in fm 2013, the passage of days, I have spoken on this very topic of bugs demo, many people are having the same problem!

My pc 5 stars indicates the speed of the computer, and the game getting equal ta fm in 2012 but ta visibly slower.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boto playable throughout south america ... mexico, and boto germany, italy, spain, england leagues playable.

Moreover boto see only totals 24 paiíses other alloys, and large database, all of South America and North.

In 2012 I had fm alloys extras, my editor made ​​2 updates working among date together, and it was much faster, not to mention that in my pc worse, with 3 gb of ram 2:00 ghz processor woes catch fast as the current here with fm 2013 (the pc is 2:40 ghz 8 gb ram)

I to selecting the same way I did on FM 2012, just that the game is much slower in fm 2013, the passage of days, I have spoken on this very topic of bugs demo, many people are having the same problem!

My pc 5 stars indicates the speed of the computer, and the game getting equal ta fm in 2012 but ta visibly slower.

I know exactly what your saying mate processing its awful. I got to the 31st of August last night and didn't take part in deadline yet that day took me a massive 25 minutes for that one day! Not only is it deadline day but processing in general is pretty bad. Surely somethings wrong here, my laptop is by no means special but I know people who have 2 year older laptops than me and processors of like 1.8ghz and theirs runs quicker than mine. I could of smashed my laptop last night with the processing time of days it was doing my head in that much. Also I'm using like 20k less players loaded than what I did on FM12 but it took me twice as long to do the days I did last night as what it would of done on FM12.

I saw many people with better computers than mine complaining about the speed of passgaem days too, this is a problem of the game.

I seique the last day of transfers of europe takes longer ok, more say in general every day going so slow. I put vacation did tests sent all the information to the forum, and Neil said they are observing, watching it, many people sent information, hopefully much improved! why I love fm, 99 cm from the game, however slow, loses the grace that has some way to fix it better!

It's bad enough I was winning 2-0, then conceded two penalties after conceding penalties in my last two games, but then this...

[video=youtube;5_vvxTmKxJE]

This one is a known bug, I think the players go to dispute with the linesman even though play is still active. Can lead to some problems for sure

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I'm really disappointed with the new match engine. We were promised big improvements but it's way worse than FM12. Specifically, players appear to be skating around on an ice rink at times; they run towards the ball then run away from it again. When the ball is passed towards them, they often drift away from the path on which they were running or stop completely. I thought this might have been a work in progress on the beta version but it seems embedded in my match experience. Maybe as my team gets used to my tactics it'll improve but the best description I can use is it's like when a newbie plays Fifa on the PS3 for the first time - players not really seeming to be in control of where they're supposed to be headed. Anyone else out there found it gets better?

• SI Staff

This update fixed the rather embarrassing match AI bug reported in this thread today :-)

( for anyone interested the defending team think its a free kick and position for it while play goes on! )

It's really annoying when you have a corner and it gets headed clear and your guy at the edge of the area chases after it for ages then just headers it into the air and they counter attack. It also happens when they head it clear back to the corner taker who just heads it out for a goal kick/throw in instead of either letting it go out of play and giving us possession again or controlling it properly.

That, and goal kick's being won by their centre back's in the air and it leads to an easy attack for them. Two of my biggest complaints so far as far as the match engine goes.

God bless you SI people who are assigned "message board duty." You aren't paid enough. And SI does a fantastic job making a wonderful product.

Forest vs. trees and what not.

People who fork out their hard earned cash are perfectly entitled to complain at a product they feel isn't up to scratch or in this case, a series that has regressed.

I just want to say thanks to the Sigames team and Sega for making a wonderful game, I don't nit pick about the things that annoy me I just enjoy the game for what it is, if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't of had hours and hours of fun so thank you, I also appreciate you quickly fixing the bug today, thank you.

People who fork out their hard earned cash are perfectly entitled to complain at a product they feel isn't up to scratch or in this case, a series that has regressed.

And were you able to complain to the director when The Godfather 3 was crapper than one and two... No... We are privelledged to have a developer here who cares about the customer experience. Just bear that in mind please with the tone of the ranting everyone.

One thing in general I feel annoys me which was the same in FM12 as well was the 3 tactics you have. In the first season you spend ages getting the teams knowledge on them to full capacity and then when it comes to the next season the team has not changed that much, ie loads of new signings and kept the majority of the same squad yet the tactics knowledge decreased loads and so pre season you work hard again on getting the knowledge back up again

And were you able to complain to the director when The Godfather 3 was crapper than one and two... No... We are privelledged to have a developer here who cares about the customer experience. Just bear that in mind please with the tone of the ranting everyone.

Utterly ludicrous analogy.

What has The Godfather got to do with FM, Skip?

1st up, I've played every version of this since CM97/98. And logged over 700 hours on FM 12 and loved them all. Impressions of FM13 so far, I have to be honest, are very disappointing.

It's very user unfriendly. In the past we've had Miles quoting usability studies in relation to major interface changes. I'd love to hear the logic of replacing the tabs from the last couple of versions with tiny buttons which are further away from any relevant information. Peversely the banners on which those buttons sit seem to have expanded to create swathes of redundant space. The profile screens for players and competions are horrible to look at and far too full of information. And in the competition screens the info can't even be altered. Do I need to see past winners every time I look at a league table?

The changes to the match screen are also a backward step. The loss of the ability to watch a match in split view and have highlights in full screen is a major disappointement. Especially as in tv view the widgest still sit over the pitch when a highlight plays. The shrinking of the clock and tucking it in a corner also seems very illogical. I like to play matches at high speed looking at match stats and glancing up at the time. In games so far I've had to pause and take a few seconds to locate the closk to see where I'm up to.

Plenty here have posted about the ME and my pre season so far has been a patter of dominating games only to lose to goals from corners/long throws or crosses drifiting over my keepers head. The fact that the tactics and player roles are unchanged since the inception of the creator is also a disappointment. For me a modern 4-2-3-1 comprises two midfielders who are halfway between DM and M and 3 who are halfway between M and AM. The two wide players of the 3 neither fit into AM C or AMR/L IMHO and should be somewhere in between as they should also be in a Barca style 4-1-2-3. Think of the evolution of football tactics in the last few years alone yet in FM you can still only place your players in the same places you could 15 years ago.

Above all these things however, is there is simply nothing new here for the dedicated FM player (still SI's core demograhpic surely?). Yes there's FMC and Versus but there isn't a single substantial new feature in the career mode which adds anything to the experience. Just changes for changes' sake. You've developed a spin off game that delegates a lot of tasks. You can choose to delegate many tasks. And if, for example, you want to be hands on and put together your own training schedules? Nope, it's been stripped down beyond any point or recognition anyway.

A stated at the top, I'm a long time player of this series and this is the 1st time I feel let down by it. I may well have a long look at the new features list and have serious thoughts about whether I buy next year. And that's sad.

Have to say I agree with this - First time I've paid full retail for FM (usually wait until the sales) and feel like I might as well be playing FM2012 with a nice skin and a few database updates :(

Tried some matches with full version.

Very disappointed about updated ME.

Déjà vu: all teams are playing in the same way," tic, toc, tac " (horizontal passes)

Boring, boring....

Please give me a real trough pass.....

This is not football, its' "CALCETTO"!!!

Utterly ludicrous analogy.
What has The Godfather got to do with FM, Skip?

The sentiment still stands.... my fruitloops. A customer focused developer that's trying to put things right (and does - past experience has shown) doesn't need the ranting being shown in this thread to be fair.

The sentiment still stands.... my fruitloops. A customer focused developer that's trying to put things right (and does - past experience has shown) doesn't need the ranting being shown in this thread to be fair.

Who's ranting? People are just disappointed because when they pay good money for a game, they expect it to be superior to it's predecessor. It shouldn't be a case of the game being released, then fixed a few months down the line with a patch. The game should be good to go from it's date of release.

This update fixed the rather embarrassing match AI bug reported in this thread today :-)

( for anyone interested the defending team think its a free kick and position for it while play goes on! )

Nice job Paul.

But i have a question, is the video below what you fixed or is that something different?

Sorry about the poor quality, i couldn't find the option to upload at a higher quality.

[video=youtube;MexFQxhQS6k]

A quick question/suggestion:

Why am I not able to get my squad ability/potential to be shown by my scouts opinion rather than assistant manager?

Also - Why am I not able to specify who adds opposition instructions before matches?

In both cases, I'm reliant on my Ass/Man having good 'Judging ability/potential' and 'Tactical' Stats (or player knowledge).

Seems a bit backwards - if I hire decent scouts, why are they not reviewing my squad ability rather some guy who couldn't spot a wonderkid if he was sat on him.

Am I seeing this right or am I missing something obvious/misunderstanding how this works?

D

Who's ranting? People are just disappointed because when they pay good money for a game, they expect it to be superior to it's predecessor. It shouldn't be a case of the game being released, then fixed a few months down the line with a patch. The game should be good to go from it's date of release.

Seriously,do not worry.

This game wil get better and better...

It's only needs to be patched.

I'll return on it on March-April 2014.

Any news on why when setting the assistant manager to handle match preparation, I still have to do it? In FM 2012 Match prep was greyed out when you set your assistant to handle it.

I don't get this, specifically, but I have noticed that whichever of my staff ends up setting this, they only ever change the top drop down option 'Tight marking' option? - they never, ever, ever change the other three drop downs.

Bug?

I'm sorry to read that. When the pitch isn't in maximised mode, isn't that similar enough to the Classic View in past versions? Can you please clarify exactly what's been specifically lost in the match screen revamp that you'd like to see return.

I would like a simple, basic match details screen which lists the score, goal scorers etc which switches to Classic Pitch view for highlights. As discussed in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319528-View-mode-TV-View-Classic-view-where-is-it?p=8228623#post8228623

This happens from time to time in real life. If it happened every game in FM it would be a problem, but it doesn't. Probs about comparable.

What is your point caller?

It's nonsensical to try and downplay that video in any way. For starters, it was a fairly easy pass to either his right back or centre back for the goalkeeper. He passed to neither. Subotic could have blocked the shot, but didn't and finally the keeper could easily have gotten back to that and saved it.

Yes, it happens once in a blue moon, so does a goalkeeper scoring a goal but I've never saw that in FM.

This happens from time to time in real life. If it happened every game in FM it would be a problem, but it doesn't. Probs about comparable.

What is your point caller?

The keeper can't make a simple 20 yard pass? Even taking that out of the equation, he could have EASILY saved that and chose just to dive ridiculously early for dramatic effect. Also, who actually says "What is your point caller" anymore? How old are you, like 50?

Surely the whole point of a feedback thread is to get feedback, positive AND negative/constructive?

Quite why people are saying 'Don't complain about 'X'' is beyond me - That's surely why SI have set up this thread in the first place so they know what has worked/not worked.

I will (and have) posted positive feedback about aspects of the game, but if a consumer's opinion is that the game is poor, for whatever reason, they have the right to express that opinion, albeit in a constructive way.

Anyone reading this thread looking for sunshine and rainbows needs to consider its purpose.

Archived