*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

Sorry to write this but its feed back right

love the interface all the new options etc i think there excellent

I am sorry the match engine i cant Believe what i am watching bambi on ice comes to mind

Going back to 12 tomorrow hope after Christmas there has been an improvement

Not happy at all

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The further removed your tactics are from the logic underpinning the ME, the weirder things you will see. Some are bugs. Many are tactics related.

The only way I can tell is by analysing your tactical set up. If you detail what you are doing, I can tell you what it will result in in the ME.

No matter how bad tactics, Premier League players (or any players that know the rules of the game) doesn't stop to play football. The mistakes that we have seen are almost worse than not knowing in which direction you play or thinking that you can use your hands.. I'm sure that a lot of "errors" are due to tactics, but when his "it's your tactics-defence" becomes like the one you're showing now it's only getting people more frustrated as this is obvious stuff. I'm used to the rant about bugs here and there, but this year I feel like most of it actually is relevant and I think SI also has acknowledged most of the stuff that gets repeated. I'm sure that it will be better after a few patches, but this "it's your tactics" stuff is just very misplaced now..

That said, except for the ME , having to generate match reports to quickly access a game and the much higher CPU-usage, I think there has been a lot of improvements.

Why are they called shouts then? They should come under a new panel called 'style of play' so people can use them more effectively when creating their tactics. Without using shouts iv never had a successful full on (un slidered) TC tactic.

Development history. I agree that the TC needs some TLC.

No matter how bad tactics, Premier League players (or any players that know the rules of the game) doesn't stop to play football. The mistakes that we have seen are almost worse than not knowing in which direction you play or thinking that you can use your hands.. I'm sure that a lot of "errors" are due to tactics, but when his "it's your tactics-defence" becomes like the one you're showing now it's only getting people more frustrated as this is obvious stuff. I'm used to the rant about bugs here and there, but this year I feel like most of it actually is relevant and I think SI also has acknowledged most of the stuff that gets repeated. I'm sure that it will be better after a few patches, but this "it's your tactics" stuff is just very misplaced now..

I don't agree. At all. If you restrict players from moving between the lines, channel all passes to one player, or, in classic, generating huge mentality splits (equivalent of telling your attack you are going all out to win and the defence you are trying to shut up shop), then you should see bloody awful football.

Damn it I almost feel guilty for really enjoying it this year after reading all the pontifications from the annual knockers :D FMC is a brilliant addition for someone in my current circumstances and as I've actually bothered to keep up with the history of the ME and it's development I've no real concerns about it. It's taken those backward steps so that it can now be taken many steps further forward than any previous version.

If you're really an FM lover you'll help with that process rather than typing walls of text that you think demonstrate your expertise, Cloughie himself said that football generates more hot air than Vesuvius, methinks FM surpasses both :)

He would know. Now you've joined him. :D

Have started a new game as Arsenal. First game was West Ham away and despite dominating the game I lost 3-1. Highlights include

Woj refusing to use his hands on multiple occasions, instead preferring to kick it off of his line.

Carroll playing like Messi, scoring both his goals by going on mazy dribbles.

And my personal favourite, Ba having an open goal but deciding that the best course of action would be to turn around and pass it backwards.

Good start.

BUG? because it pissed me off!! playing a network game with my mate and im about to play him. i put it on extended highlights and there is 1!!! just 1 highlight in the whole game and my mate scores through it. how am i ment to judge anything in the game? make the right decisions? see what is happening on the pitch? when there is no highlights whatsoever....

BUG? because it pissed me off!! playing a network game with my mate and im about to play him. i put it on extended highlights and there is 1!!! just 1 highlight in the whole game and my mate scores through it. how am i ment to judge anything in the game? make the right decisions? see what is happening on the pitch? when there is no highlights whatsoever....
You need to change what the game shows you, and what it replays for you. You can have the game show you anything from the whole game, to nothing at all (only commentary in words at the bottom of the screen). You can have the replays show you goals, goal action, highlights, or nothing at all. The settings button for this just to the right of the play/pause button during the game.

If you save the match and upload the pkm to our FTP (post it in the match bugs forum) we can check that out for you.

Every year you get so much over reaction to a new release, and its never positive. i remember back in fm 09 when the cd kys were printed badly, that was a major problem. now-days people seem to bicker about the slightest little thing, such as the skin giving you headaches ( turn your monitors gamma or brightness down) or the match engine not playing the same as the last match you saw on sky sports. I think some people have to realize this is a game, yes its a simulation but it will never be perfect, and games have limitations. If you can't play the game then yes you have a genuine gripe, but if not I cant see the problem, everyone here knows FM is never at its best at release. I've played half a season so far on extended highlights and i've not seen any game breaking bugs. i've seen a couple of ridiculous things happen but this has to be expected. SI can't beta test on thousands of different setups and account for every eventuality in the code, and the match engine is never perfect 1st time around. The majority of people here know this. Personally i think the the look of the match engine is the best i've played, it looks the most alive and energetic by a long way. the ball and players move much more realistically than before and the variety of play is much broader. personally i give SI a massive thumbs up and looks forward to it becoming even better over the next year. If you dont like it, go play it's nearest rival, then i think you'll appreciate FM alot more!

long term network players here since cm days, have really struggled tonight to get the game to play how we like... used to just click continue and get a 30 second timer, now we have to click when we want to stop the game... i couldnt view my news... game ddnt automatically stop when had to do squad numbers, choose captain, pitch size, news was flahsng up i had 78 messages but coudlnt access them, have not even played a match yet and the game feels a complete mess. ui all the over the place.. have never complained about a new release ever... everything feels skewithed

Is it my imagination or is it easier to sell players?

On FM12 I really had to work hard to shift players, but so far on FM13 I've had bids for every player I've put up for sale, even the big wages dead wood that I couldn't give away on FM12...

Worst game ever!

me and about 6 friends bought the game for the multiplayer aspect so we can battle against each other.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY IT.

1/2 times one of us doesn't get to play his team because of random crash, delay time is hilarious and everything is flawed.

Every year you get so much over reaction to a new release, and its never positive. i remember back in fm 09 when the cd kys were printed badly, that was a major problem. now-days people seem to bicker about the slightest little thing, such as the skin giving you headaches ( turn your monitors gamma or brightness down) or the match engine not playing the same as the last match you saw on sky sports. I think some people have to realize this is a game, yes its a simulation but it will never be perfect, and games have limitations. If you can't play the game then yes you have a genuine gripe, but if not I cant see the problem, everyone here knows FM is never at its best at release. I've played half a season so far on extended highlights and i've not seen any game breaking bugs. i've seen a couple of ridiculous things happen but this has to be expected. SI can't beta test on thousands of different setups and account for every eventuality in the code, and the match engine is never perfect 1st time around. The majority of people here know this. Personally i think the the look of the match engine is the best i've played, it looks the most alive and energetic by a long way. the ball and players move much more realistically than before and the variety of play is much broader. personally i give SI a massive thumbs up and looks forward to it becoming even better over the next year. If you dont like it, go play it's nearest rival, then i think you'll appreciate FM alot more!

I can honestly say that this is the least enjoyable FM I have ever played. The BETA was better.

I appreciate the demand of Sega to rush out titles prior to xmas for the annual sales drive but why on earth have they released this product. We as a group buy it for the online network game. The online game is unplayable with all transfers bar free transfers getting cancelled for all players. its a total game stopper and now obviously with the efforts to get the game out today the si team are off the weekend as this "priority" fix that has been highlighted in another thread is earmarked for next week. A total shambles and feel a bit conned. Preordered months ago and the product all beit looks lovely and polished is flawed to feck. Most bugged release i can remember. Nice one Sega

I have to 2nd this!! very bugged, like inept people off the street have been employed to fix this game!!

I appreciate the demand of Sega to rush out titles prior to xmas for the annual sales drive but why on earth have they released this product. We as a group buy it for the online network game. The online game is unplayable with all transfers bar free transfers getting cancelled for all players. its a total game stopper and now obviously with the efforts to get the game out today the si team are off the weekend as this "priority" fix that has been highlighted in another thread is earmarked for next week. A total shambles and feel a bit conned. Preordered months ago and the product all beit looks lovely and polished is flawed to feck. Most bugged release i can remember. Nice one Sega

Yup,it's like they quickly rushed to wrap things up to catch the deadline giving greater detail to the appearance and not the general workabilty.Perfunctory stuff...Waiting for the update is all "we" can do

Worst version of the game I have ever played.

The defending, which was a joke on FM12, is even worse! How have you managed to make the defending worse?

My players are shattered after around 10 minutes. Please, try to remember that these are professional athletes.

Instead of changing the UI - which, for the record, is truly horrific - how about fixing the core aspects of the game? You had a year to do so, but failed.

Charging for BETA access was quite cheeky because it meant that we were then tied in - even if we hated the game. I will never buy another version of this 'game'. Shocking arrogance from those at the very top.

Oh, and just to compound matters, I can't even use the up arrow to move up the mail list, until I click on another piece of mail. Which genius thought that would be a good idea?

Ok so i've played 40 hours of beta and full game, so now for my opinions.

I'm really enjoying this match engine! I was skeptical seeing all the criticism, but my Manchester United team have been playing reasonably intelligent football, and i'm enjoying a lot of the defensive movements and passing I see! Match talks are a little harder to perfect, which is nice. However, as usual, the other teams don't seem to be able to think as tactically as i'd like, but everything can't be perfect!

I think a lot of the issues people are having with the ME are actually more to do with tactics. Not saying they're doing it wrong, but I feel this version has changed a lot, meaning the tactics need to change. I think there was a great explanation of this a few pages back. Still I think the games shaping up well!

P.S. is the problem with adding leagues fixed from last years version? I've been avoiding it until I know for sure

Few Bugs that havent been fixed (one of which has been around since FM11).

1. Wingers still beat the fullbacks and then for no apparent reason, make a beeline for goal, even when they have open players inside to cross to for an eays tap in. They never ever cut the ball back to the edge of the box either. And they will almost always shoot even when the angle is ridiculous and nobody except Luis Suarez would try and score from there.

2. First Touch now appears to be split into two categories : Those with First Touch 18+ , who will kill a ball and instantly do something with it , and those with less than 18, who the ball now bounces off in a random direction regardless of how hard or soft the pass is.

3. Way too many fouls for players attacking the ball from crosses. 5 matches into a league season for me (Stoke) , 7 goals disallowed for me so far, and 3 from other teams. If the ball goes near the keeper, its accepted that he wont flap at it and must have been fouled to let the striker get on the end of the cross.

3D engine is working nicely though. A lot of potential once the first 3 or 4 patches are out of the way.

Honestly i think this year ME has a much potential once SI fix all the bug..actually at this moment after minor patch, this year ME look far better than FM12.

Well if they fix the defending aspect of the game,which if you ask me hits rock bottom in terms of intelligence(and that is obvious from the ridiculous scorelines) then i don't see why not.But honestly if not,i think i'm gonna skip the next version...

Still seeing this same animation for EVERY injury. Especially ridiculous when someone gets sent off for throwing an elbow and breaking your player's cheekbone and all your player can do is writhe on the ground in agony clutching his precious shins!!

I see a linesman problem.

If you have a midfielder take a longshot that either deflects of a defender or comes back of the bar the lineman do his ruling not based on when the shot was made, but when the ball deflects of the defender or hits the bar.

IE: midfielder takes the shot while the striker is NOT in an offside position, ball hits the bar and at that time the striker has moved into a offside position. Goal disallowed for offside.

Same thing when deflected off a defender.

Can I just say, I'm sure I'm not alone in doing this, but I've actually read every single post in this thread (bit sad I know) and come to the conclusion that while the game does have some issues and bugs, many of those who have given it time and at least a few hours have really started to enjoy it. Remember FM is ultimately about beating the AI, one has to find the way to do this, not come on here and cry when they lose their first match. There are some really nice improvements, especially with the speed of the network game (but that is flawed badly at this point due to transfer issues). Give it time, play a few seasons, then come back, dont get people raging on here after 10 mins of playing the game.... Seriously, look back through the posts, there is a definite correlation between those who have played for at least a few hours and the enjoyment and appreciation of the game...

Charging for BETA access was quite cheeky because it meant that we were then tied in - even if we hated the game. I will never buy another version of this 'game'. Shocking arrogance from those at the very top.

You weren't charged for Beta, you paid for the game and got access to the Beta free, which gave you the opportunity to try it out and cancel with a full refund right up until full release day if you so wished.

At least get your facts right before spouting.

As far as i'm concerned the ME for FM12 was polished. I can 100% say that I'd love FM13 if it had FM12's ME, but because it doesn't, I absolutely hate it.

It just seems like the match almost passes you by, you can make all the tactical tweaks and formation changes you like, but it'll do nothing to influence the outcome of the match. On FM12 if i went 2-0 down, I was always confident I'd be able to pull a goal back by making a slight tweak here or there. In FM13, if i'm 2-0 down, that's game over. Although obviously if i'm 2-0 up, then the opposition can definitely come back and win 3-2.

You weren't charged for Beta, you paid for the game and got access to the Beta free, which gave you the opportunity to try it out and cancel with a full refund right up until full release day if you so wished.

At least get your facts right before spouting.

Answer this: could I have received beta access without paying for the game?

Why not? Do SI believe that only paying customers are worthy of beta access?

Dunno how and why Sega & SI expect me to pay $80USD for this game in New Zealand via Steam :/ Its not happening. Guess im skipping this year.

It's $80USD in Australia as well. To be honest if they made it $180USD I'd still buy it. I play hundreds of hours of the game every year. Even at this price it's still the cheapest game around. How many other games can you get several hundred hours of fun from?? :)

It's $80USD in Australia as well. To be honest if they made it $180USD I'd still buy it. I play hundreds of hours of the game every year. Even at this price it's still the cheapest game around. How many other games can you get several hundred hours of fun from?? :)

Im from Melbourne..

Pretty sure we can buy the game via steam for nearly half that price

Im from Melbourne..

Pretty sure we can buy the game via steam for nearly half that price

Well Steam is telling me 79.99 in Perth. I'm not the the slightest bit fussed about it though :)

It was a reward for those who pre-purchased the game, and doubled as a tool for SI to do some consumer testing. Which also meant pre-purchasers could get a full refund before release day if they weren't happy with the game, something not possible once you've activated the full game code.

Don't be a knob.

I'm a bit disappointed that ball distribution from the keeper is still only long hoof balls and no defender collect at all, despite the patch notes suggesting it had been fixed every resting goal kick is long.

Please fix this asap.

My GK in Argentina Div 2 is playing it to defenders perfectly, now I'll have to try and work out why, because I don't think it's anything I've done tactically :D

Of course not.

It's a marketing strategy like with every other game on the planet that gives you early access or other stuff if you pre-order.

As a side effect they got a lot of players to play the game who found a lot of bugs.

Archived