What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would absolutely love to be able to save my preferences for my subscriptions. It's driving me crazy that I have to set them from scratch everytime I start a new save game. The same applies for my place of birth, preferred formation and past experience.

I would absolutely love to be able to save my preferences for my subscriptions. It's driving me crazy that I have to set them from scratch everytime I start a new save game. The same applies for my place of birth, preferred formation and past experience.

When you get to the create manager screen at the start of a game just press 'use existing profile'. You name, D.O.B, formation and past experience will already be set.

When you get to the create manager screen at the start of a game just press 'use existing profile'. You name, D.O.B, formation and past experience will already be set.

You, sir, have my gratitude. Is there a fix for the subscriptions as well?

Guest El Payaso

- I might as well write about the Match Engine also. If we get more versatility to tactics then it might be time to develope the engine also to more football-like. Currently it seems that even the basics of football are completely forgotten in the engine. Football is often described as a game of the kings, intelligence game of pass and movement and limiting the better opponent with tactical solutions. In FM's engine big things like football's physical side is completely missing. Football isn't about running with the ball past 3-4 opponents, it is about finding the spaces with right kind of passing and moving as unit. Also defending is more than just sliding challenges, if you're made to commit a sliding challenge, it often means that you're done something wrong with the basic defending like marking or blocking passing lanes. Especially in the midfield and flank areas the game's engine doesn't look anything like real football and these are the things that need improving IMO.

I would like to see a a different release strategy used...

For many years now, the existing structure has worked, in as much that an environment has been created whereby, with feedback from users, a final ME is released sometime after the January transfer window, this year looking like March. Essentially meaning that those who wait for the final ME, before starting to play, are starting their season, when the real life (European) season is coming into it's final couple of months.

What I would really like to see is an initial game release date around April/May, leading to a final ME release, when the transfer window shuts at the end of August. It just seems common sense that the final and ultimately the most enjoyable ME release should coincide with the the beginning of the European season. (For Europeans at least).

Many years ago (with a different username) I used to contribute to bug reporting, but eventually became dissillusioned at doing it for nothing. So I made the decision 7 years ago to just wait for the final ME release. So, I would also propose that those who do contribute (meaningfully) to the bug reporting process (whose efforts I greatly appreciate) should be rewarded for doing so, by getting a discount on purchasing the game, because essentially the bug reporters are doing a very important job for SI for nothing. With the sales the game generates, I see no harm in SI recognizing this effort put in.

I'd also like to add, that as the game becomes increasingly complex, (which is a good thing), the documentation, whether it be the manual, or a hover over tooltip, don't seem to be keeping up. There are obviously some very good threads on here eg 12 step plan, combinations, mental ladder etc that appear to me to be essential reading for anyone and everyone to read. Some official recognition of the hard work put in by those thread creators, could in my mind, be rewarded by seeing some of that information appear in the game itself by way of tooltips.

What about late bloomers? In football history, we have witnessed players reaching their top-level potential at an advanced age - take for example Pedro, he developed really well when he was 23, also Amauri "met" the great stages of football when he was about 28/29. A great season can often develop a player drastically, and in FM, I feel like either a player has got potential, or he will never really improve, no matter how good his season is.

Moreover, I wanted to mention the Europa League bug. It is impossible that teams playing Europa League on thursday will play their league game on a saturday. I'm from Italy and what often happens is that league games are moved to Monday night, just so that teams can get a little rest from game to game.

Player attribute for all instructions... Team Instructions, Player Instructions, Mentality, Fluidity, Duty, Role.

Team attribute for all instructions... Team Instructions, Player Instructions, Mentality, Fluidity, Duty, Role.

Team Chemistry attribute... On Field, Off Field.

A good club would have all this information sorted, assembled and ready for use.

Who can I employ at the club to do this work and present it in a user friendly way?

Assistant Manager, Director Of Football, A new created job perhaps.

What about late bloomers? In football history, we have witnessed players reaching their top-level potential at an advanced age - take for example Pedro, he developed really well when he was 23, also Amauri "met" the great stages of football when he was about 28/29. A great season can often develop a player drastically, and in FM, I feel like either a player has got potential, or he will never really improve, no matter how good his season is.

I can attest that players can and do improve over age 25 in FM. The development is not as explosive as it would be in an 18 year old, but I have had players that never reached their potential in their mid and late 20s who improve quite dramatically. Perhaps this could be amplified a bit though, because you are it doesn't happen often enough evidence by the fact that you haven't seen it.

I can attest that players can and do improve over age 25 in FM. The development is not as explosive as it would be in an 18 year old, but I have had players that never reached their potential in their mid and late 20s who improve quite dramatically. Perhaps this could be amplified a bit though, because you are it doesn't happen often enough evidence by the fact that you haven't seen it.

I signed a full-back from another team in Portugal when he was 29 (normally I only sign U-21's) because he went through precisely this stage of development. I think it was partly down to the fact that his mental stats improved through experience and maturity while his physical stats were yet to begin to decline. He was still a key player when I left for pastures new and he was 32 at that point.

But as you say it's pretty noteworthy in these cases because it does probably happen more frequently in real life.

Player attribute for all instructions... Team Instructions, Player Instructions, Mentality, Fluidity, Duty, Role.

Team attribute for all instructions... Team Instructions, Player Instructions, Mentality, Fluidity, Duty, Role.

Team Chemistry attribute... On Field, Off Field.

A good club would have all this information sorted, assembled and ready for use.

Who can I employ at the club to do this work and present it in a user friendly way?

Assistant Manager, Director Of Football, A new created job perhaps.

Also...

Get advice from the Assistant Manager for the way the opposition is playing according to the team instruction board, mentality, fluidity, the role and duty the opposition players are playing.

I want to know whether the opposition are playing long or short, drilling crosses or floating crosses, attacking the flanks or going through the middle, high defensive line or low defensive line, staying on feet or tight marking, high tempo or low tempo, playing defensive or attacking, rigid or fluid, and what effect their roles and duties are having.

Then a recommendation to counter the opposition based on those instructions... rather than having to search countless forums and spend hours reading... the information will be there in the game and user friendly.

The higher the tactical knowledge and tactics attributes the more accurate the advice.

Along the line of Tiger Woods Golf graphic shot projection helper showing the projection of the shot based on the current club selection and aim.

And...

Deepen the club to not only Under 21's and Under 18's... but through to Under 6's, and Over 21's, Over 24's, Over 27's, Over 30's... with the parent team being the First Grade team. The manager can then select players for teams as is now. Free movement within the club and the squad size the size of player personnel in the club. One squad... different age groups... First Grade the pinnacle.

Football manager is a computer game that tries to simulate real football and there are those that say does a very good job.

How much winning titles can be replicated into real life... there is a simple test... Check your real life bank account.

Because it's only a computer game that can be turned on and off at the discretion of the player, there is no harm having optional rules for managers that may or may not come into effect in real life. Rules such as interchanges rather than replacements.

A simple idea I would like implemented is the 'Quick Pick' button on the tactics screen.

I would like to be able to set the 'Quick Pick' to a default behaviour or just have to have it reflect my last used choice.

The reason why is because often use the filter to hide unavailable players, and I therefore primarily use the option to unpick 'unavailable players only'.

Have the ability to offer a free agent a longer trial like contract which means he can train with you and you can choose what he needs to improve on before you may offer him a contract.

Well, I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I wish in future FMs to be added something like a Your Scenario gamemode. So basicaly it allows you to choose how matches will end, like 1:1, 2:0, 1:6 etc., choose the goalscorers...

One thing I would like to see added to future versions is an indication of a players homegrown status when a loan offer is made for them.

I don't like to loan out any of my players before they are classified as Homegrown - club (and loaning them out would mean they wound never attain this) but I often get loan requests for my u-18 and u-21 players and I don't know what their status is, so I have to go into the correct squad screen, and check their homegrown status.

It would be nice if there was a little note on the news item (and maybe in transfer center) that player x currently has homegrown status of xyz and they we will homegrown - club or nation on this date xxxx.

Well, I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I wish in future FMs to be added something like a Your Scenario gamemode. So basicaly it allows you to choose how matches will end, like 1:1, 2:0, 1:6 etc., choose the goalscorers...

Errr.... what!?

When on earth are we going to get coach training category ratings shown in game before you hire them? It time consuming enough trying to fill out your coaches without having to ALT+Tab out to use an external program to see how good a coach is. If that is too much, reduce the number of bloody coach attributes to make it easier.

Also in terms of coaches add filters for U21/U18 managers/coaches to the staff search screen. When using the job center people applying for example a U18 manager job should actually be interested in being one, and the job offer should default to offering that position.

I'd like to suggest that a player's Asking Price be reset from time to time, and certainly when he signs a new contract. At the least, we should be presented with an option to do so after a contract is signed, or after a player has had the same Asking Price for, say, one year. I'm sure I'm not the only one that forgets to check this for every player periodically.

And I second the suggestion for being able to see how well a coach coaches each category before signing him, or just shows his top three(?) categories, and the star rating of each.

How about having to complete tasks to get your coaching licenses. Having to win X amount of games in a row to get B & A licenses and perhaps having to win league or a cup to get your Pro License or something like that?????????

Would like to see us have the ability to add more then 1 favoured club to our manager's list. Say, a maximum of 3 would be a good compromise between too little and too many IMO.

I would also like to add/remove a fave club after you have started.If I have managed a club for 5+ years I would have developed an affection for them:o

An option to select a Coach to provide feedback if your Ass man is on the pitch playing.An option to have a chat with a Player coach and explain you want to drop him as a coach but keep him as a player.More personal interaction with staff in general.An explanation of what first team training duties your U21/U18 staff will do.

When u go to " tactics/ players/ add players " , i would like there to be the option of multiple select of the players for the position on the field. So that i shouldn't add them one by one. For example if i want to add central defenders, and i have 5 CD in team, i would like the option of selecting them all, and adding them. That would really, really save some time! Shortcut could be holing " Shift " button. Thanks. Cheers !

An option to always show all players' names on the pitch in the match engine (instead of just the player with the ball or those immediately around it)? I really hate having to command-click on each individual player in my first match after starting the game up each time. And if I accidentally click on an area of the screen which doesn't contain a button...then I have to do this all over again.

Maybe it's just me but when I'm watching a match I like to know immediately where everyone is, not just who's on the ball at the moment.

I would like to propose to SI to actually change the roles of the GK in your squad. Right now you have the usual, but i would like a division between:

- Key player

- First team player (those two only for salary reasons)

- reserve gk

- third gk

So when you offer a contract to a 35 years old veteran i can actually offer him a contract as 3rd gk in the squad instead of reserve, so he doesn't actually moan because he don't see first team play. If he don't want to sign as a 3rd gk, he can always refuse to accept the offer.

dunno if this has been said, or can already do, but getting your director of football search for a specific type of player.

and possibly a more detailed training, e.g. getting defenders to train on one schedule and attackers on another.

1. Please could you consider making positional aptitude more fluid? Right now it seems very rigid for players to acquire new positions, particularly those that you consider 'natural', many of the players today regardless of age started off with different 'natural' positions earlier in their careers. It seems a hard slog just to get even a young player to become accomplished enough to be truly effective.

It seems quite rigid that the game simply says a player is ineffectual when a position or role change has resulted in immediate performance in real life. Perhaps leaning on attributes a little more would be more realistic.

2. I know it's only cosmetic. But I would love to see a simple animation added in the match engine so I could at least see my lads lift a trophy to the roar of the crowd at the end of a league or cup winning game.

A penalty that misses the target. Please.

The ability to instruct my players to defend like the AI does. Please.

For there to be some degree of "tactical" decision-making process as to how the AI defend from corners, (rather than this... whatever it is we currently have at present). Not holding my breath.

(You would think that they were pretty basic things. Apparently not).

The removal of Tactic Fluidity (i know this isn't in FMC but i prefer the full fat FM experience)

A training pitch which would allow the user to play out their tactics and get a rough idea of how they work.

Renaming of Team Mentality

Better descriptions for Team Fluidity.

A couple of UI things I'd like to see.

When you go to overview and click on one of the playable/viewable leagues it takes you to a screen with that countries league table and then a list of the reputations of leagues around that league. You can click on the leagues in that table and they highlight in blue but it would be nice if clicking it actually changed to displaying that league table on the left rather than having to go back to overview and selecting that league.

When making an offer for a player, I'd like if it told you the complete history of transfer negotiations for that player. ie you bid 7m for a player and suggest terms. Club comes back and negotiates to 30m so you counter back with 12m and they say put in an offer and we'll consider it, so you go back with 16m and confirm offer.

Next day they come in and have negotiated it again but from what I can see you can't have a look at the previous discussions anywhere to see what increments the discussions went up in. Would make things easier if you could.

Another thing I'd like is to be able to tell media/board/players what your aims are for certain competitions. ie if I get drawn as Man Utd against a lowly team like Blackpool in the Capital One Cup, I tend to play my reserves/fringe players in this competition so it means there's a much higher chance of the team losing than if I played my strongest side. I'd like to have the option to say that I don't view the competition as important as the PL and the CL or even the FA Cup and thus I use it to give frige players more game time so that if we lose the AI sees it is because I don't put as much in to trying to win as in the other competitions. Maybe have discussions with the board at the start of the season where you discuss competition philosophies so they could say we expect you to be challenging for the league title, expect a good showing in the CL, expect you to field strong sides in the FA Cup and would like to win the CoC. You can counter with, it is my aim to challenge for title, do well in CL and FA Cup, but I intend to use the CoC to give the fringe players and reserves game time and won't be putting out strong sides. They can then come back and agree or insist you try your best to win it etc.

Role familiarity.

I don't like how my MC/AMC can seamlessly adjust from playing as a DLP/D to an AM/S. There needs to be something like Tactical Familiarity, but for Roles.

A penalty that misses the target. Please.

The ability to instruct my players to defend like the AI does. Please.

First one is an acknowledged bug, as is the second (presuming you're talking about zonal corner marking).

Not sure what you hope to achieve by repeatedly bringing these known problems up?

Neither of them are critical, but they should not exist.

Role familiarity.

I don't like how my MC/AMC can seamlessly adjust from playing as a DLP/D to an AM/S. There needs to be something like Tactical Familiarity, but for Roles.

Quite like the sound of this.

I would actually though, really like it if SI took a year to not add any new features and instead refined and perfected the myriad different features that already exist and don't work completely as they should.

Role familiarity.

I'd actually agree with you on that one, but can see the furore now :D

Archived