FM15: Top 5 Must Buys

Craglyboy

I did this thread last year as I had seen it in previous versions and had been extremely helpful for me at all levels of the game. As the title says pick your top 5 signing of the first transfer window for your save. My current save is Man utd but lower levels are definitely appreciated.

so for Man Utd my signings are as follows.

1. Marco Reus (£21m), bargain for such a world class talent, will slot straight into the side

2. Eder Balanta (£4.4m) In game our defensive problems aren't as bad as IRL but this guy will turn out to beast like last year a must signing for any side who can afford him.

3. Youri Tielemans (£15m) I cocked up basically unsettling him then agreeing to loan him back to Anderlecht for the season. He refused to play for Anderlecht and the deal collapsed and ended up having to go back for him with a silly bid, but potentially the star of this game this year!!

4. Memphis Depay (£13m) This guy impressed me in the world cup and was eager to see him in FM15, he doesn't disappoint, good starting stats and looks to develop into a cracking player, Natural fit for Utd as a winger that can score.

5. Lucas Romero (£7.5m) This guys has been immense for me starting to knock out daley blind in the second season as a anchor man does everything right and his growth has insane. At the start of the second season turned down a £45 million bid from Dortmund and is going to be the rock in my midfield for years to come with great physical attributes and growing mentals.

Lets see who you guys are signing :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey mate

Playing with Chelsea so far we have some players in common ;)

1. Balanta, (same price) that i loaned back to River until January, became my first choice at CB spot with Cahill, scoring 7 goals

2. Lucas Romero, (same price) Loaned back to Velez until January, i had to turn down a bid from PSG of 35M by the beggining of the 2nd seson, not bad :)

3. Andre Ayew, (7.25M E) from Olympique de Marseille, very versatile player, able to play (well) either on the left wing and as a central miedfileder, solid ratings, few goals and good assists, valued 19.75M at the end of the season

4. Ruben Neves (21.5M), youngster defensive midfielder from Porto, has the potential to become a world class midfielder according scouts and staff, gave a few starts and subs, good tutoring, after one season he's a Portugal A player, his mental stats are incredible, and he keeps on training well boosting his stats.

With him and Romero i'm covered for years

5. Federico Bonazzoli, younster from Inter, powerful striker 17 y/o, has the potential to be a world class striker, spelled a long season loan to Motherwell, banging for fun, most of all, you can get it offering him a contract, he will cost you peanuts

Also bring in during the same (1st) transfer windows, Delle Ali, Tielmans and Rotariu, all great youngsters, hope they will develop well !

7173C71D3EE64CF53E1C00B2ABA83C75D87B0FE7

if you will, got him for £8.5m 4 stars+1 black potential

876C1CBE77D7904DF64F660495EF0CB574807A18

not a cheap one but, highly rated

E05E74BE331F5904C3A1277BD3C4CB1D8A502112

similar price bracket to Fierro, being in the last year of his contract in Austria, bit selfish though, so probably like a Nani :lol:

C76B92DA0C5949BA64A103B8882585CA0A3D5F71

people have had a lot of goals out of this guy

B9837ECC777400063EA501CDAE13C1A4F8FD49B2

C068C3B3E0DF4A6067A2B91B228F8CF25890CD7E

662062287F344D2809A0275B4A0C1C5AF511679B

few more Bargains

huh, funny how I like to go VERY unique

Fabian Noguera - DC - better than Balanta imo, and cheaper at 3.8m (and 8k wages)

Pione Sisto - AMRL - Doesn't look that great, but develops very quickly, and a steal at 2.5m

Luis Muriel - ST - often wants out from Udinese, and you can pick him up cheaply, great as a creative forward, but don't rely on him as a lone striker

Lucas Olaza - DL - you will have to wait till Jan, but more than good enough for all sides (yes, even decent as my DL for my RealMadrid save) - a bargain under 1m

Alessandro Florenzi - MC - just watch as he ticks over in midfield, and is more than capable on the wings. Roma let him go for under 15m, which is a STEAL for his quality

Haven't got five as I haven't signed many for Wolfsburg but Sebastian Giovinco is brilliant.

Picked him up for £4m from Juventus and he's scored nine goals in 13 competitive games. Works perfectly with Olic up front, and is far and away my best player. Decent wages too, so not massively pricey at all.

Worth a look if you need a bargain striker.

Haven't got five as I haven't signed many for Wolfsburg but Sebastian Giovinco is brilliant.

Picked him up for £4m from Juventus and he's scored nine goals in 13 competitive games. Works perfectly with Olic up front, and is far and away my best player. Decent wages too, so not massively pricey at all.

Worth a look if you need a bargain striker.

Contract is up at the end of the first season too, so if you wait until January you can get him for a massively cut price or for free if you wait until the end of the season :thup:

Martin Odegaard, pretty obvious but considering he can be picked up for peanuts compensation of less than 50k its a no-brainer.

Matias Kranevitter, roughly 5m to 7.5m, an alternative/partner to Lucas Romero in midfield

Salvatore Sirigu, PSG seems to enjoy letting him run down his contract, free transfer in 2015, track him all the way from the start though

Nicolas Nkoulou, offer 7.5m to Marseille and he's yours, very cheap for a top class defender

Andre Ayew, roughly the same price as Nkoulou, versatile winger/CM and will run all day and night

Or if you don't even have to care about work permit issues, go to Ukraine and start raiding every half-decent player with 4-digit wages, Dynamo Kyiv have a few gems in there.

Yann-Erik de Lanlay - great looking AP, spent a little extra on him, he's one for the future.

Tore Reginiussen - solid defender, will be an absolute star.

Dag Alexander Olsen - ridiculous pace, 12 goals this season, mainly coming off the bench.

Jesper Lauridsen - my big purchase, good pace, high work rate, my rock in the left side of defense.

Victor Prodell - great as a false nine, he is on loan currently, haven't purchased him yet, but plan on it.

Not the usuals that you'd expect to see, but these purchases have moved IF Eflsborg from challenging for a Euro spot to a spot in the Champions League as winners of the Allsvenskan in Sweden.

Managed to lure Ruben Neves to Wolfsburg from Porto. Absolute quality. Got him for £3m - instalments could take it to £7m but it's highly incentivised.

Thats an absolute steal, Porto in every save I've done is basically saying the same thing. 17m (his release clause) or **** off, and thats if Neves doesn't extend his contract.

Yann-Erik de Lanlay - great looking AP, spent a little extra on him, he's one for the future.

Tore Reginiussen - solid defender, will be an absolute star.

Dag Alexander Olsen - ridiculous pace, 12 goals this season, mainly coming off the bench.

Jesper Lauridsen - my big purchase, good pace, high work rate, my rock in the left side of defense.

Victor Prodell - great as a false nine, he is on loan currently, haven't purchased him yet, but plan on it.

Not the usuals that you'd expect to see, but these purchases have moved IF Eflsborg from challenging for a Euro spot to a spot in the Champions League as winners of the Allsvenskan in Sweden.

Exactly what this thread needs mate, good for the lower leagues. Will probably use some of these when I start a lower save just need to find a tactic I like first.

Pavelka

Matt Ritchie

Tore Reginiussen

Mattias Lepiller

Ruben (maritimo)

Always quality, always reliable.

Honorable mentions go out to:

Dag Alex Olsen (fired my leeds side to promotion)

Dockal (perfect link between midfield and attack)

Aloys Nong (perfect Striker for the championship for free)

Andre Hansen (go to Keeper for backup or as a starter)

Which season was that?

I got him in January of my first season with Wolfsburg. Up front fee was actually £3.5m - as shown in screenie below - but realise now just how much of a bargain I managed to get!

Screen_Shot_2014_11_23_at_06_45_28.png

Stats going into second season:

Screen_Shot_2014_11_23_at_06_45_36.png

EDIT: Should point out that I managed to unsettle him by declaring interest publicly twice before actually signing him. He even demanded a move at one point. Doubt I'd have got him so cheaply otherwise.

Only played as Wolves since the release of FM15, here are my suggestions.

1. Kasper Lorentzen - He was unsettled and I managed to sign for 625k, versatile attacking mid. I play as an enganche in the AMC position and he has 5 goals and 3 assists after 10 league games with an average rating of 7.48.

2. Lewis Macleod - A no brainer for me, 275k for one of the best prospects in Scottish football. Central midfielder who is ready to do a job at championship level.

3. Chris Eagles - Free transfer has been in terrific form for me, 6 goals and 4 assists after 10 league games with an average rating of 7.62.

4. Jay Bothroyd - Former Wolves player and England international (albeit 1 cap) I was looking to beef up the attack and although he is my 3rd choice striker he has still performed when called upon. A good player to have on the bench. Signed for peanuts 13k! and on 2.5k a week wages

5. Joshua Kimmich - German central midfielder had a lot of interested clubs at the start of the season and my scouts raved about him. Signed for 1.7 million but already valued at 5.5 million. Never had a bad game so far and only 19, stats already suggest he could be very special.

Mentioned Andre Hansen already hence why he isn't on the list.

Ajer - 16yr old, free (16k compensation i believe)

Yarmolenko - best 10m euros you can spend

Kimmich - 1.5m euros for a wonderkid? Heck yes.

Kranevitter - 5m for a wonderkid DM.

Balanta - i just bring him everywhere with me.

Must buys on this version for me are:

1) Balanta, no comment needed, easily develops into the best CB in the game for me.

2) Sebastien Corchia, I have bought this player on each fm for the last 3 versions. Awesome player with a good cross and good mentality.

3) Lucas Romero, impressive young player for defensive midfield.

4) Carlos Fierro has been banging in goals for me this year.

5) Memphis Depay. If you have money to spend, then spend it on this left sided attacking midfielder. I use him on inside forward (sit narrow) position. He scored 24 goals in his first season, and 19 in his second season. Not bad right?

For those who want young players for contract (odegaard is a must) but my other top 5 are

Kirstoffer Ajer- tall midfeilder who has vision and decision making

bilal ould-chihk-Left footed winger ( likes to play AMR IF) partnering him up with sterling and markovic

Jesus Vallejo- CD-DMGood mental stats cheaper ruben neves

Ryan nyambe-RB high agression and bravery (in my save) rb enforcer

Ruben barbosa-LB with decent stats

Theese 5 players can grow ontop of young players to look out for Ledson from everton

Liverpool youth players all develop if you play them

Rossiter,chivirella,ojo,wilson,kent,brannagan,sinclair,mclauglin,loyd jones,canos,phillips

i have played 3 saves and i cannot for the life of me get Neves for less than his buy out clause (even for the buyout clause over 48 months) and he always ends up resigning. Even tried to unsettle him, he only got upset but never transfer listed :(. Finally got him a Paris SG save by paying ther buy out clause so he better be worth it lol.

Zivkovic, a cheap winger who scores for fun

Lucas Romero, don't think I need to say anymore

Aboubakar - strong poacher, I paid 20mil for him but I think in bought him from Porto - I'm sure they bought him from a French club for under 2milin the first season

Looks like i'll be looking at Ruben Neves when I boot up the game later then!

Had to start again due to getting a new laptop but decided to get the buys in early and develop the guys myself.

Got Lucas Romero, already a class act, Gaston Gil Romero again amazing, jovic arriving in Jan, Tariq bought and loaned out, same with Savitsky, Balanta is my main CB and doing well. My next buys will be Tielemans who was immense on my last save, a right winger and another striker. I'll look at the guys from Barca like Samper and Munir as well. Bought Pacheco and a promising CB from Real Madrid who's name escapes me as well.

Looks like i'll be looking at Ruben Neves when I boot up the game later then!

Had to start again due to getting a new laptop but decided to get the buys in early and develop the guys myself.

Got Lucas Romero, already a class act, Gaston Gil Romero again amazing, jovic arriving in Jan, Tariq bought and loaned out, same with Savitsky, Balanta is my main CB and doing well. My next buys will be Tielemans who was immense on my last save, a right winger and another striker. I'll look at the guys from Barca like Samper and Munir as well. Bought Pacheco and a promising CB from Real Madrid who's name escapes me as well.

For right wing I've bought Hirving Lozano. Think I got lucky with his determination at 20(probably randomised) but he looks a really good prospect.

• 1 month later...

My 5 best signings for Wolves have been

- Dele Alli (steal at £1.5M)

- Will Hughes (4.5m)

- Luke Garbutt Left back from Everton, after 2 seasons he's touted as the next Ashley Cole (400k)

- Jason Steele Solid shot stopper for a mid table prem team, signed for free at the end of the 1st season.

- Harry Kane 9.25 Million 9 goals in 11 games so far.

So, since I started with Fulham I wanted ti sign youths only along with some experience. My best signings would be

2nd season so far - but transfers may go into first season too.

Dele Ali - 4.6mil (worth it).

shane Ferguson - 1.4mil (work rate is unreal)

Andre Hoffman - 9mil.

Lomban - 2.5mil

Baumann - 9mil.

got a lot of 15 year olds coming in june 2016, all with 5 star potential and currently 3 star ability.

- Gaston Gil Romero - Value for money is insane, he's just brilliant.

- Vallejo - Brilliant defender and can also play most roles at DMC.

- Nouri - Magician and can play anywhere in the AMC strata (in just about any role) and can be trained to play in every attacking role at MC.

- Tielemans - Obviously

- Balanta - Obviously

Gaston Gil Romero - Use him as anchorman, amazing player - 7M €

Eder Alvarez Balanta - Main central defender, he secures your defense very well - 6.5M €

Pavel Savistkyi - Amazing Inside Forward, scores lots of goals - You can get him under 1M €, absolut bargain

Humam Tariq - For me one of the best, if not the very best Advanced Playmaker in the game, makes a very high number of assists, and you can get him for around 1M €, absolut bargain

Lucas Romero - Amazing - cost me 6M €

It's the same names over and over again. I just want to talk briefly about Balanta.

He's a player I always buy if I can. Generally, it's more valuable to identify and sign defenders, I think, because attackers are far more plentiful. For every young, talented defender, I expect to see three or four equally talented attacking players. His rarity is amplified by his footedness; as a left footer, Balanta is an outlier even among his peers.

Opportunity cost matters too. After the first regen date there will probably be one or two more talented defenders out there. Balanta, though, is ready to be first choice for a Champions League team from day one. He's also low reputation enough to be signable by nearly anyone in a top five European league, and a few other teams as well. He's fully capable of playing left back on the right duty and has the physical attributes to be excellent there, though he's a more natural center back. Despite being left footed he doesn't have a side preference. So he's easy to fit into a team. His PA is fixed, so there's alevel of certainty as well.

So he's ready on day one, plays multiple scarce positions, is as or more talented than any of his peers, and is easily signable for a small fee. If you can get him, he's the best signing in FM15 and I don't think it's that close.

giovinco is massively underrated and can be picked up for about 50% of his value at the start of the game - less than £3M.

He'd do a great job as either a starter or a reserve striker/winger for most large teams as with the right tactics he will get a goal a game (16 goals from 13 starts + 5 sub appearances)

Archived