Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I came on here to see if it was worth purchasing FM20 and after reading the comments since the updates I think I'll stick with my save on FM17.  Didn't buy 18 as I was really happy with 17.  Bought 19 but just didn't like it at all and now see a lot of negative comments for 20.  Such a shame.  17's engine isn't perfect but it's not far off and if they could have improved from that engine in successive years I suspect we would have had a cracker of a game these days!  I stick with 17 because at least strikers score which for me is what it's all about. 

9 hours ago, Braincomplexa said:

Strangely enough I haven't won either yet, and believe me I've tried, but I enjoy the match engine a lot. For one, my striker scores for fun, and this is due to my tactic. I remember painfully when my strikers were not, but now I understand the game a bit better and that's the honest reason.

Right, so in summary, you're talking to people who are able to play the game much more successfully than yourself in terms of winning things, meaning they obviously have a better idea than you do of how to set up a team and use tactics within the game, but you feel like you're in a position to tell them that their observations about match engine failings are down to failures of their tactics along with, completely obnoxiously, doing the "laughing face emoticon" which is exclusively the province of smug people with no idea of what they're talking about who are arrogant because they're unaware of their own boundless ignorance and so think they're the ones who are clued in and have a right to talk down to others?

You're fundamentally misunderstanding what people are saying. They are not saying "Oh, my tactic has a lot of goals from X scenario, this means that Y scenario which my tactic isn't set up for is underpowered in the game". They're suggesting that in incidences of a certain scenario happening - for example one on ones - the rate at which goals are scored is considerably less than they think should be expected.

You can have a tactic which repeatedly funnels opportunities for your striker to be one on one with the goalkeeper and find that he scores a lot of goals... But his conversion rate of those one on ones might actually be really low. He could be scoring a lot because of the sheer volume of opportunities he's afforded by the tactic. On that basis it may be that the chances of scoring a one on one opportunity are too low *despite* your guy getting a lot of goals.

Some of your other comments are completely bizarre. Someone has set their tactics up for their players to attempt to score from set pieces... So they should change them? Tell me, which football team in the world doesn't try to score from set pieces? What a completely ridiculous thing to say! If he finds that his defenders are able to score 4 goals from set pieces and 18 over a season *that could be an isolated incident*. It might not be a valid concern. But your response is completely bewildering and, again, indicates a completely failure to even understand the point that is being made.

But yeah, in summary, if you've played a lot less hours on the game than other people and you're not as good at the game, maybe instead of boasting about how you "understand the game" because you read a thread from five years ago which has no bearing whatsoever on the current engine and rubbishing their points you'd be better served to take the time to understand what their criticisms are, examine them and attempt to come up with a thoughtful response?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

10 hours ago, Braincomplexa said:

Strangely enough I haven't won either yet, and believe me I've tried, but I enjoy the match engine a lot. For one, my striker scores for fun, and this is due to my tactic. I remember painfully when my strikers were not, but now I understand the game a bit better and that's the honest reason.

OK, you won those competitions through long shots and set pieces, but was it mostly those goals or is it confirmation bias a little bit? Either way there are way to score less that way and ways to score more from open play. It's a game, and it calculates so many variables: the players, the morale, the system, the style, the tactic, the opposition players, morale, tactic etc. Until it all fits into place for it to work nicely. 

This thread here (a long read, but best of all time on here IMO)

skyrocketed my understanding of football in general and reignited my enjoyment of this game to its peak. I hope you can get the enjoyment you want 

Confirmation bias? Seems like you have no idea. Here's some helpful things I'll tell you:

1. I'm using a Tactic I made in FM 14. No changes at all. The only changes I make in game are during actual matches because I watch every match on Extended. I've won using this same tactic on FM 17 AND 18 because my principles are sound and I make sure to choose the right players instead of being deluded over just attributes.

2. I've grown beyond such threads where I experiment and find the tactic I want for myself. I do every little thing including attending every single press conference and player talks.

You may need that thread to solve your confirmation bias as I've read like tons of threads like those before I formulated my tactic based on experimentation through 8 seasons of watching extended matches.

One of you took my tongue in cheek comment with the emoji waaaay too personally. That 2015 thread is still relevant to this day.

To the others, fair enough.

I appreciate the fact you won games and trophies with all those issues, seeing some of them happen even when your winning is annoying, trust me I know, according to steam I've 2000 hours in this version already (depression and not working causes that, granted a lot is in the background)

But the fact is some of those happen irl too. One can't expect everything to be perfect all the time. Players are people, and in this simulation the players are "real" people in the game. (seriously, we might be living in a simulation ourselves) 

Yes, this game is not perfect, it has its issues. 

It's bloody golly good tho.

This will be my last FM game indefinitely, for different reasons than others on here, but to everyone else on here not getting the enjoyment you want and will play on, I hope you can soon  :thup:

Edit: I realized I sound like a lawyer working for SI, but I'll post this anyway :lol:

Edited by Braincomplexa

18 hours ago, hh123 said:

Just felt the need to post this on steam:

As someone who has owned every version of Football Manager since i was 14  (I am now 35) this is the first time I have felt the need to review it. Every other version I would have given 8-10 out off 10. 

If you have never played Football Manager before this version is probably still impressive. However, for those of you who have the match engine is the most frustrating they have come up with. It has a lot of potential, in terms of graphics and animations but it has various major issues which Sigames have acknowledged are major problems but decided they cant fix them this year....  There is a huge problem with 1 on 1 chances to the extent its easier to score from 35 yards than vs only the keeper with nobody in sight. Goals also fly in from set pieces. You can still win but there is a level of randomness added that is far greater than real life and wasnt present in previous versions of football manager.  I kept persevering whilst Sigames said they were working on fixes but now I know no fixes are coming I can no longer play.

Outside of the match engine the game is better than ever before which just makes the above an even bigger shame. If you own previous versions of the games I advise you stick to them. 

Its definitely the quickest FM in terms of processing days. Well it does on my laptop.

This Version of FM is very frustrating. And when i see SI People bragging on Twitter about the Amount of Players on Steam, i just feel like 

68523_23562140_0a875fa577.jpg

There is o much wrong with the Match Engine... but i do wanna leave a Novel.  There are moments where you think "Wow , well played , nice goal" ... but then u wait a minute , u see a striker just taking the ball of a Defenders feet, 1v1 and Goal . Things like this DON'T happen in Football. I have never seen a defender just standing there waiting for someone who takes the ball away from him. And then world class strikers having 1v1s and chipping the Ball into gks arms. What on earth is this please ? U need to play the Game for 30 minutes and u see so many wrong things , that u can NOT believe , how this Match Engine can be released in a Final Patch of FM20 . For me personally it is just a proof that SI does not really care . Why don't you release the Game with the possibility to choose from different Match Engines ? Its possible to do that.  People could choose from lets say 3-5 ME's . This is definitely the Last FM i pre ordered. Most likely that i wont even buy the next version at all. But hey ... i'm sure there will be many players playing the game, and we see gonna see them posts on twitter about .

3 hours ago, Braincomplexa said:

One of you took my tongue in cheek comment with the emoji waaaay too personally. That 2015 thread is still relevant to this day.

Yes, I took a comment which wasn't aimed at me personally. :lol: No, I saw you obnoxiously making comments suggesting other posters were ignorant and didn't have your in depth understanding of the game in an effort to belittle their feedback and decided to step in. You can't fall back on "I was being tongue in cheek" when you then proceed to argue, repeatedly, that the problem *is* their tactics. Do you understand what "tongue in cheek" actually means or do you just think if you say you were being tongue in cheek after posting something it shields you from any criticism?

I really don't understand how you can possibly be this dense. People are making posts *comparing the match engine to previous versions of the game*. What possible bearing does a thread about tactics from 2015 have on that? Did someone five years ago have a crystal ball, look into the future and detail how you'd change your tactics in the match engine of 2020 in order to get the players to be able to score one on one opportunities with the regularity one might expect? How you are *still* after numerous detailed explanations failing to grasp what they're actually saying is truly bewildering.

This game has become unbearable, it is unbelievably frustrating. Every big game my players are always motivated, yet they totally forget how to shoot, let alone score. The wingers/fullbacks take on the whole team, get into the box, and DECIDE TO SHOOT from a terrible angle when there is a FREE MAN unmarked in the box. This is even after I have trained them to "look for pass rather than shot" and instructed them to "shoot less" and "cross more". This happens every single game, I'm surprised I have not broken my laptop. To add to this, every big game the opposition keeper suddenly becomes a hybrid of Buffon, DeGea and Oliver Khan, they pull out saves out of this world, not just once, but many times. 

Every single game you have a throw deep in opposition terretory , and you just see it coming from a mile. Throw in, ball lost by midfieldder, counter in which one average player beats my whole team, crosses the ball, it gets intercepted by CB then it lands on the unmarked opponent in the box, GOAL. If I had a penny for every time this happens. And before you say it is my tactics, it doesn't matter what tactic I play or even if I'm in super defensive mode.

My top goalscorer would score goals from long range, good placement into corners, yet EVERY TIME he is 1-1, he misses or the keeper saves it. This happens especially on big games.

I have enough of this game, I'm sure all of you have experience this before.

I didn't quote you then, and I won't again. I can feel the vent coming out of you, so I won't say much other than the fact that while the emoji was tongue in cheek, I have conceded there are issues in the game, but the fact is the game is not unplayable; so I tried to give some advice, including sharing that thread, that helped me to enjoy the game to its peak again. I hope you have a lovely day.

8 hours ago, Braincomplexa said:

To the others, fair enough.

I appreciate the fact you won games and trophies with all those issues, seeing some of them happen even when your winning is annoying, trust me I know, according to steam I've 2000 hours in this version already (depression and not working causes that, granted a lot is in the background)

But the fact is some of those happen irl too. One can't expect everything to be perfect all the time. Players are people, and in this simulation the players are "real" people in the game. (seriously, we might be living in a simulation ourselves) 

Yes, this game is not perfect, it has its issues. 

It's bloody golly good tho.

This will be my last FM game indefinitely, for different reasons than others on here, but to everyone else on here not getting the enjoyment you want and will play on, I hope you can soon  :thup:

Edit: I realized I sound like a lawyer working for SI, but I'll post this anyway :lol:

I don't give a damn about some thread being relevant. It has nothing to do with my post and has nothing useful to offer to me.

The fact that you peddle that thread even after I made it clear I have outgrown the need for such threads and I'm least interested in it baffles me.

It is not "IRL". I watch Football every season to know that not all matches are won by random long shots from your full back or your midfielders. And by the way not every game is a cold night at Stoke City for it to be decided on Set Piece majority of the time. The game is not "unplayable" technically. But it has become annoying to the point where it has transitioned to unplayable.

If you cannot understand that, then just agree to disagree.

Literally every goal I concede is a full back crossing to the back post and the winger heading it in.

Got so ridiculous I put a 6ft5 CB as left full back to prevent it, still lost a goal as Andros Townsend can apparently beat him in the air...

12 minutes ago, Braincomplexa said:

I didn't quote you then, and I won't again. I can feel the vent coming out of you, so I won't say much other than the fact that while the emoji was tongue in cheek, I have conceded there are issues in the game, but the fact is the game is not unplayable; so I tried to give some advice, including sharing that thread, that helped me to enjoy the game to its peak again. I hope you have a lovely day.

Right, so because I pointed out that I hadn't taken a comment you made which wasn't about me personally - which should just be common sense - and explained why, no, a thread from 2015 absolutely is not relevant to a discussion about the current match engine... You think I'm so angry that you can feel it coming off me?

I'm absolutely astounded. You come in here, your first post is basically you saying "Hi SI, just wanted to say ignore all the criticism here, these people just don't know their tactics, everyone loves the game really!", you receive universal responses indicating people feel patronised and are annoyed with you... Somehow you come out of this thinking you've done nothing wrong and the only possible reason why anyone might want to suggest you've been exceptionally rude is if they were unable to contain their anger. When there's no actual reason for them to be angry.

If I might offer an alternative explanation... What if I saw someone who's clearly getting frustrated by the fact that the response to them is overwhelmingly negative and thought "I might help this guy out by explaining to him what it is about his approach that's making people react to him this way"?

Because, what you're doing here is, you keep trying in every response to slightly change what you said before... To say "Oh, I meant this", to say "This was my intention". First you say people have a problem with tactics and laugh at them for it. *Then* you pretend it was a tongue in cheek comment. Then when I point out that no, you were seriously suggesting they didn't know how to do tactics... Suddenly it was just the *emoticon* which was tongue in cheek (which, incidentally, confirms that no, you don't understand what tongue in cheek means).

The thing is, I believe you've actually come to understand why that silly thread you posted wasn't at all relevant, but for all you're trying to act like you're "being the bigger man", you won't do the one thing  which would get you some respect back and say something a bit like this; "You know what, I came into this thread a bit overconfident and I was really rude, acting like other people didn't have a right to make a complaint because I didn't notice the same problem and because I think I'm better than everyone I started trying to tell them how to play the game which made them feel patronised. You're right, that thread wasn't at all relevant to the discussion and it was presumptuous of me to think that I knew better than everyone. Sorry". Instead you just ignore everything people say to you and try one excuse after another to try to show that you were actually right all along and everyone else is the problem, not you.

I have read a "Transfermarkt" News article that of the 10 european top leagues the PL has the least accuracy of all of them when it comes to crosses.

Liverpool has their best Players Arnold and Robertson (who are leading players for attempts) sitting at ~27% accuracy while the PL is at 18.9% average accuracy for crosses.

Only 3 PL Players make it into the top 20 for accuracy: Kanté 43,5% # Rice 40,0% # Höjbjerg 34,6%

8 Players out of the european Top 20 have above 40% accuracy playing crosses.

I now understand why PL Fans look down on crosses as they get to witness it matchday by matchday not working that well in the PL.

As german of a generation born in the last millenium i got a glimpse if the "Flankengott" time in the Bundesliga and absolutely adore a well played cross as one of the highest and most skillful arts of Football.

Edited by Etebaer

I love this game and have easily cleared 1000hrs in it this year, but AI squad building continues to confound. I just spent 2.5 years in China with Shandong Luneng and took them to two league titles, winning by 23 and 26 points, two FA Cups and a Champions League. My star player and club captain was Tommy Doyle, who averaged 7.58 and 7.69 over the last two seasons as my playmaker in midfield and absolutely ran the show. I then resigned as I'd completed everything and Shandong hired David Wagner. They had the entire transfer window to buy whoever they wanted and they bought one player, Michal Klimek, who plays in the same position as Doyle and is now playing instead of him. Why spend £30.5m on a position that isn't of need whatsoever? Signing Klimek means they also have one too many foreigners than they can register for the league and champions league as well. Just, why? Of all the positions why would they decide to replace the club captain, supporters player of the year, Champions League MVP and entrant in the league and champions league best XI with a guy who is of the same ability at best and is probably worse in all reality?

image.thumb.png.1c5f159e19ad9415ea1e948a40440e1e.pngimage.thumb.png.5090fbc434c47f4311c1760678a65ffa.png

On top of that, I left Shandong for Orlando Pirates who only had 15 senior players registered and didn't have a central defender in their first team squad. I had to promote 3 from their youth teams and then sign a couple to make up the numbers. How do you not have a single senior DC in your first team squad? As you can probably imagine, despite being the 6th biggest team in SA they were rooted to the bottom of the table when I took over after 13 games.

1 ora fa, themadsheep2001 ha scritto:

If you can't leave each other alone we'll be forced to give people timeouts from the thread

I've seen that happening for much, much less.

Well said on first part of your post anyway.

I am getting little "tired" reading about "LIRL" (like in real life).

So, AI vs AI; Full Detail (ME on action)

Panionios vs Aris

panionios_aris.thumb.png.4bcd5dac882c49228f71b505c7eb00a3.png

What happened in "LIRL"

AEK vs Aris

aek_aris.thumb.png.60361ef70d2bd1e74396b811ba878ae8.png

What happened in "LIRL"

Aris vs Atromitos

aris_atromitos.thumb.png.de36781efce96e2ffa7e536d9fecca60.png

What happened in "LIRL"

Aris vs Asteras Tripolis

aris_asterastripolis.thumb.png.083153389574b9a67a9e19849e7d18f2.png

What happened in "LIRL"

Xanthi vs Aris

xanthi_aris.thumb.png.e0096e99d8e0282511e00c4167168caf.png

What happened in "LIRL"

This a small example.

When someone says "LIRL"; may worth to say in which league or country specific.

Bonus

aris_austria_bonus.thumb.png.0837420887a09cb9038c6315e51daeba.png

Does anyone really enjoy this game? Can anyone find any consistency? I’m so frustrated with this game I may as well just pick random tactics and formations every game.

The way I see it the final third is just broken, no matter who I play, what formation, what instructions (team or player) it’s just not enjoyable, there’s no way everything should be absolutely perfect to produce some enjoyable football.

Im not new to the game I’ve been playing for a long time, just being able to compete isn’t an option I want to see my tactics and instructions play out on the pitch.

Just now, rinso said:

yes and yes. team? tactics? define "enjoyable" ?   what are you telling players to do? 

Enjoyable was always work my way up with Middlesbrough buying good youngsters and achieving success over 5 seasons, I can still do this I have won everything in my first save with boro it was just the least fun I’ve ever had

2 minutes ago, Boroboss said:

Enjoyable was always work my way up with Middlesbrough buying good youngsters and achieving success over 5 seasons, I can still do this I have won everything in my first save with boro it was just the least fun I’ve ever had

then maybe it's about what you look fro from the game, rather than the game itself?   Why is it not "fun" ? 

1 minute ago, rinso said:

then maybe it's about what you look fro from the game, rather than the game itself?   Why is it not "fun" ? 

I tried to explain my frustrations in the first post regarding consistency, although the attacking play is consistently awful, wingers never make the right decisions and it’s not just my team over 5 seasons Salah or mane never got more than 10/15 combined goals and assists a season for Liverpool. 

Honestly if you enjoy tinkering with your lineup before every game and accommodating the other team in every single game and accepting world class wingers consistently having bad games then fair enough. 

I took Middlesbrough from the championship to premier league and won Europe league, premier league and champions league within 5 seasons (no cheating) so I’m clearly not struggling to get results I just don’t think the instructions and tactics relay particularly well and it’s the same attacks over and over and over again 

8 minutes ago, Boroboss said:

I tried to explain my frustrations in the first post regarding consistency, although the attacking play is consistently awful, wingers never make the right decisions and it’s not just my team over 5 seasons Salah or mane never got more than 10/15 combined goals and assists a season for Liverpool. 

this brings us back to original statement. What are you telling players to do, what are your tactics?  I don't have a problem getting that from my Liverpool team, and didnt from Salah/Mane either

On 14/04/2020 at 16:59, hh123 said:

Just felt the need to post this on steam:

As someone who has owned every version of Football Manager since i was 14  (I am now 35) this is the first time I have felt the need to review it. Every other version I would have given 8-10 out off 10. 

If you have never played Football Manager before this version is probably still impressive. However, for those of you who have the match engine is the most frustrating they have come up with. It has a lot of potential, in terms of graphics and animations but it has various major issues which Sigames have acknowledged are major problems but decided they cant fix them this year....  There is a huge problem with 1 on 1 chances to the extent its easier to score from 35 yards than vs only the keeper with nobody in sight. Goals also fly in from set pieces. You can still win but there is a level of randomness added that is far greater than real life and wasnt present in previous versions of football manager.  I kept persevering whilst Sigames said they were working on fixes but now I know no fixes are coming I can no longer play.

Outside of the match engine the game is better than ever before which just makes the above an even bigger shame. If you own previous versions of the games I advise you stick to them. 

Yep - Know when I return to this (in ´coaching´-mode):

Have You Played… Sensible World Of Soccer? | Rock Paper Shotgun

...instead of playing my FM; that is because it just doesn´t excite me :) (.....and actually never really had it like that before with the CM/FM-genre)

Edited by Toonrock

1 minute ago, rinso said:

this brings us back to original statement. What are you telling players to do, what are your tactics?  I don't have a problem getting that from my Liverpool team, and didnt from Salah/Mane either

I can’t really answer cos I’ve ever tried numerous tactics and formations with little instructions to one or 2 instructions right up to trailering every position to what I want them to do. What are your tactics? It’s a lot easier for you to show me what’s working then me to explain 20 tactics that haven’t worked haha!!

i am hoping I can work it out because fm is a lockdown necessity but I definitely can’t hit the heights I’m used to. 

I always played one up top as a complete striker or advanced forward depending if I wanted him involved in play or spearheading the attacks with a solid midfield 2 usually DLP but I prefer BBM as it’s a bit more solid and inside forwards on attack then depending on how good my team was either a DM to shield defence or AP to pin the other team back and dominate possession in their half. Symmetry was always a key part of my teams I generally don’t like to have drastically different roles all across the pitch.

I think you’re right. I used to enjoy the matches a few years back but something has gone wrong. There are still moments of invention but they’re few and far between. It’s mostly a series of passes between two central playmakers until the time comes to play in the full back who crosses to the far post for the opposite winger. 
ive started watching the games as fast as possible on 2D, like they’re a chore. The match should be the jewel in the crown. It used to be, that’s what is sad about this. I’m not sure why but something for some reason got compromised.

that's the current state of play in my team..  I have to add that, a a couple of nights ago, after several beers, I decided to have a bit of a cull and threw out several of my best players to trim down my wage budget, luckily, when jan transfer window closed, i wasn't shafted by registration rules..  goals and assist are not a problem.. altho  my aml DeCock annoys me, he should be doing far better. 

squad.png

edited to add tactic

tac1.png

Edited by rinso

1 minute ago, steam just is said:

I think you’re right. I used to enjoy the matches a few years back but something has gone wrong. There are still moments of invention but they’re few and far between. It’s mostly a series of passes between two central playmakers until the time comes to play in the full back who crosses to the far post for the opposite winger. 
ive started watching the games as fast as possible on 2D, like they’re a chore. The match should be the jewel in the crown. It used to be, that’s what is sad about this. I’m not sure why but something for some reason got compromised.

I agree with that see far too much route one play to the full backs who switch play to the other side, the majority of my wingers goals come from getting on the end of those crosses yet can’t score after taking on 4 players! 

6 minutes ago, rinso said:

that's the current state of play in my team..  I have to add that, a a couple of nights ago, after several beers, I decided to have a bit of a cull and threw out several of my best players to trim down my wage budget, luckily, when jan transfer window closed, i wasn't shafted by registration rules..  goals and assist are not a problem.. altho  my aml DeCock annoys me, he should be doing far better. 

squad.png

edited to add tactic

tac1.png

Ahh but stats definitely don’t tell the whole story, my wingers always ended up with respectable goals/assists despite frustrating me the entire game just off being on the end of crosses!! Although well done on strikers having more goals than games!! Always something I try to achieve and haven’t even come close fiete arp got 36 in 49 one season and lautaro Martinez got 39 in 46, my best totals so far and I’m used to my main solo striker and backup finishing 1st and 2nd in goals! 

it's highly unusual for me, usually the goals are well spread around, but this save, and these 2 strikes have been brilliant, McKenzie in particular.. i wish stats showed all games rather than just league games.. 

It does bring me back to something though.. you said it isn't fun? what would make it fun ?  What would make you enjoy it more?    Throwing players n stats n saves at ya aint gonna answer that

I've tried to enjoy it, I gave it too many chances. Simply, match engine is too boring to me.

Also, over the time, just looks of the 2D match engine, this gray thing around the pitch, and the grass like the game was made in 1980s, made me depressed each time I watch the game.

Sometimes I dream about this abomination

Screenshot_23.png

Just now, Marko1989 said:

I've tried to enjoy it, I gave it too many chances. Simply, match engine is too boring to me.

Also, over the time, just looks of the 2D match engine, this gray thing around the pitch, and the grass like the game was made in 1980s, made me depressed each time I watch the game.

Sometimes I dream about this abomination

Screenshot_23.png

didn't even realise 2d was still an option..   you can't play in 3d?

5 minutes ago, rinso said:

didn't even realise 2d was still an option..   you can't play in 3d?

Yes, I can. But I can't stand those ugly graphics and animations in 3D.

One of the things I wish the most for the FM2021, alongside with fixed ME, is 2D match engine looks from 2017 and earlier. Bright colors, nice to watch. Even if FM 2021 turns out to be the best FM ever, and they don't change the looks of 2D ME, there is no way I will buy it. That you would be just pure laziness. Just slapping some gray thing around the pitch and that is all

pitch.png

7 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Yes, I can. But I can't stand those ugly graphics and animations in 3D.

One of the things I wish the most for the FM2021, alongside with fixed ME, is 2D match engine looks from 2017 and earlier. Bright colors, nice to watch. Even if FM 2021 turns out to be the best FM ever, and they don't change the looks of 2D ME, there is no way I will buy it. That you would be just pure laziness. Just slapping some gray thing around the pitch and that is all

pitch.png

FM never is, or has been, about the graphics.. you want graphics, go play Fifa..   FM is the stats and the reaism and immersing you into the game, otherwise why would 2d exist in the first place ?   

6 minutes ago, rinso said:

FM never is, or has been, about the graphics.. you want graphics, go play Fifa..   FM is the stats and the reaism and immersing you into the game, otherwise why would 2d exist in the first place ?   

Hate this overused statement -  "FM is not about the graphics". Of course it is not. We all know that. But some people love nice looking interface/matchday.  That is the reason why we always have many custom made skins, panels, turfs, balls, player images etc. I didn't asked for impossible. I'm just disappointed that it looks worse than couple of years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Hate this overused statement -  "FM is not about the graphics". Of course it is not. We all know that. But some people love nice looking interface/matchday.  That is the reason why we always have many custom made skins, panels, turfs, balls, player images etc. I didn't asked for impossible. I'm just disappointed that it looks worse than couple of years ago. 

then go look at some different graphics packs or add ons. simples.  that's why they are "add on's"  and not part of the game

Edited by rinso

4 小时前, rinso说:

I guess the problem is not that the graphics are not good. The problem is that it takes a step backward compared to previous editions. 

9 hours ago, rinso said:

Well its about time they made sure it is about the graphics and put more effort into it because at the moment its letting the game down whether you like it or not . The 2 main issues this game has is the ME and the arcade graphics in my opinion . A lot of games are not about the graphics but they certainly make sure they are presentable otherwise they would just use stick men . 

Edited by prot651

23 minutes ago, Nathozz said:

Please can someone explain to me why this has been disallowed?

It's a great shot from outside the area... Just says 'Disallowed' and the press are complaining about a valid goal... 

Because no.22 was in the offside position and was blocking GK's vision of the ball.

I have a keeper in conference who is 2 star rated. He has kept 34 clean sheets in one season which smashes the record of 15! He is still 2 star rated and they tell me not to renew. Why has his rating not improved at all? Is this due to all the goalkeeping issues on this version? 

1 hour ago, Nathozz said:

I have a keeper in conference who is 2 star rated. He has kept 34 clean sheets in one season which smashes the record of 15! He is still 2 star rated and they tell me not to renew. Why has his rating not improved at all? Is this due to all the goalkeeping issues on this version? 

May I ask what his avg rating was on a different note for the season?

- Also, try not to take the stars too seriously. It all depends on your current crop of players, and your coaching teams judgement ability. 

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

May I ask what his avg rating was on a different note for the season?

- Also, try not to take the stars too seriously. It all depends on your current crop of players, and your coaching teams judgement ability. 

His average rating was 6.82. There was only a couple of games throughout the season in which he got more than a 7.0 rating and also I guess so. It's just annoying because he's not getting the credit he deserves. He's the only keeper in my squad.