Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

6 minutes ago, kevgaleuk said:

Thanks for the reply - I meant when you create the schedule in "calendar view" not in the "create a schedule" page

Nope.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to give a last chance to this game.Started a new carrer.Same game, same scenario.My team having lot of opportinites, opponents 1 shot, 1 goal.

FM20 is just a mess.

20 minutes ago, szp said:

@Neil Brock

I found this post today and with all respect - this is demagoguery. Looks like written by politician or propagandist. Playing FM doesn't mean enjoying it more than ever before. Especially in current situation when a lot of people are sitting at home,.  I'm playing pretty much, but I still think the ME is poor and has got a lot of flaws, issues and bugs. And I'm sure you'd find a lot of people who share my view but play this game anyway. 

OK. You can tell what you want, you can be proud of the latest ME, you can say it is the best ever.  It's your product, you have right to do what you want (including rejecting the criticism). But conlusion you've made in your post is simply unjustified and many people from this community could feel like being treated like idiots. 

Cheers. 

I'd appreciate any ME update, even if it was only on a BETA basis like before.

I think the community would really appreciate that, as a lot of people feel abandoned after providing consistent feedback on the many issues present. Having all spent money on the game, there hasn't been one version of  the FM20 ME that has had any level of consistency.

League 1, first season, Play Off semi-final versus Forest Green. Utter shambles of an ME. 2-0 up looking good and then two ridiculous goals conceded. This is the second time it's happened in a Play Off situation for me. My player does that stop the ball to turn and leave it for the opposition close to my goal line striker to tap in after a rebounded header when he could have just cleared it! Fuming! The equalising goal my keeper could have picked the ball up to waste time in the final minutes but cleared to their team for them to counter! I don't know how to upload highlights to show the goals but I can't. Even worse, the ME doesn't even note the first one as a clear mistake!!!!  I have no words to describe my contempt for this ME. 

I haven't discovered phantom goal, until now (it has been reported to bugs forum).

20.4.1 has serious bugs and needs fix now.

I have been paid 50+ € and SI left the game broken.

If I will not see an immediately update solving serious bugs, no FM21 buy.

1 hour ago, Vali184 said:

Stop buying and playing the game if you want change. I'm sorry to say this, but it's the only way to change something. When you see the same bugs year after year after they had been reported for many years is just a mockery. They are not able to fix the bug that shows a offside/disallowed goal before the referee decides is an offside, and other UI bugs, how do you expect to fix the match engine?

This is very true. Unfortunately, one person not buying the game won't make a difference either. SI will always have good numbers because people love football and this is their only opportunity to feel like they are in control of a team. Furthermore, my aim is not for SI to struggle with their consumer base, it's for them to finally make the progress that has been lacking in recent iterations. 

Edited by dolph11

1 hour ago, Cadoni said:

I haven't discovered phantom goal, until now (it has been reported to bugs forum).

The phantom goal is so annoying. Your winning by the odd goal, and you think you won because no other goal was mention by the end of the game. Nope its 1-1 and the equalizer was not even mentioned. This has happen a few times i could drawing and then phantom goal has been scored. I had this issue on 19 as well, and i thought it maybe sorted for 20, but its still there.

Is it me or does city buy a lot of wingers in this game? Like way too much to the point they have players valued over £50m in the reserves not playing over 5 games in a season. It happens with other top teams too. The AI transfer logic seems to have been lacking in the last few games.

Serious question, does anybody enjoy the current match engine? I find it incredibly boring and not a good representation of actual football. I'm at the point where I do not expect my strikers to score 1 on 1s I do not expect my wingers to be able to cross the ball properly. I would love to get a recommendation of which of the recent FM games has a working match engine 

1 minute ago, wup wup wup said:

Serious question, does anybody enjoy the current match engine? I find it incredibly boring and not a good representation of actual football. I'm at the point where I do not expect my strikers to score 1 on 1s I do not expect my wingers to be able to cross the ball properly. I would love to get a recommendation of which of the recent FM games has a working match engine 

I have loads of fun with it, and I don't really experience a lot of the issues people are complaining about. Sure there are some issues, but what version haven't had it. My main striker are 34 goals from 41 matches so far this season, and I've scored 101 goals in 39 league games so far this season (in League One). Sure he misses a few, but he has 67% on target.

1HFWAkx.png

And he doesn't even have that good finishing with 11.

eW5NBEP.png

So while there are issues with this version, I've not found it that hard to negate tactically. I've been using almost the same tactic since FM17, with only small tweaks based on what team I play, and a few to make sure I can win in terms of issues with the ME (like avoid long shots when there were too much of those, and when crossing was impossible and things like that). The biggest issue in the ME for me, at the moment, is that there are too many chances created, and I think that influences how many chances are "missed", though I don't think it's that bad, really.

And, yes, I've been FM'ed on occasion, but I've also FM'ed better teams myself. That happens to everyone, including real life, so I don't mind much when it happens. Soon done with my 12th season playing youth only (ie only get players from youth intake, no signings) with Folkestone, and I have a real chance of getting promoted from League One this season. So my biggest gripe is that it's too easy to be successful. I had much more problems with the version from when the game was released. Then I tried the same with Stratford Town, and then I barely managed to stay in the Vanarama regional for 10 seasons before finally getting relegated out of the FM leagues and sacked...

33 minutes ago, wup wup wup said:

Try FM15, 16, or 17

38 minutes ago, wup wup wup said:

Not really, this is the third FM in a row they missed the mark with the ME in my opinion. I certainly hope that for FM 21  ( if there will be one this year ) the Match Engine will receive a substantial and much needed revamp.

6 hours ago, Cadoni said:

This will not be fixed in FM 20. Wait for FM 21 and decide if they deserve your money again. The fact that they left the ME in this unpolished state for FM 20 makes be doubt for 21 things will be different.

7 hours ago, d d said:

The phantom goal is so annoying. Your winning by the odd goal, and you think you won because no other goal was mention by the end of the game. Nope its 1-1 and the equalizer was not even mentioned. This has happen a few times i could drawing and then phantom goal has been scored. I had this issue on 19 as well, and i thought it maybe sorted for 20, but its still there.

I haven't discovered such an important bugs back in FM19.

I don't know what happened inside SI, but FM20 have serious bugs (read bug forum).

1. Phantom Goal
2. Penalties
3. Offside

Again, read reports from bugs forum, which SI staff has been marked as "logged" or "known issue".

Paying 50+ € (each year) for a game, reading SI telling "Well folks, see you in FM21" attribute; that's make me super angry.

====

I will stop moaning now. I believe in "dark" SI developers (that one which not get the credit) and put efforts to make the game better.

====

5 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

4. I would add the high number of shots and 5. the high number of balls in the post

I will not complain about high number of shots, because I am trying to have the best combo in my tactics; which is like: Chances Created > Shots on Target > Goals > Points.

Can I have 1 SOT (Shot on Target), 1 CC (Change Created), 1 Goal, 3 points?

This is what I am looking in terms of tactics. High number of shots or possession doesn't tell something.

*5: Are you talking about AI attacking Indirect free kicks (wide & deep)?

2 minutos atrás, Cadoni disse:

I will not complain about high number of shots, because I am trying to have the best combo in my tactics; which is like: Chances Created > Shots on Target > Goals > Points.

Can I have 1 SOT (Shot on Target), 1 CC (Change Created), 1 Goal, 3 points?

This is what I am looking in terms of tactics. High number of shots or possession doesn't tell something.

*5: Are you talking about AI attacking Indirect free kicks (wide & deep)?

You're right. It is possible to mitigate this with tactical instructions but having 30/40 shots and not scoring it's frustrating.

Well, I'm talking about shots in the post. I have on average 2 or 3 balls each match(AI too)

hace 12 horas, XaW dijo:

I have loads of fun with it, and I don't really experience a lot of the issues people are complaining about. Sure there are some issues, but what version haven't had it. My main striker are 34 goals from 41 matches so far this season, and I've scored 101 goals in 39 league games so far this season (in League One). Sure he misses a few, but he has 67% on target.

1HFWAkx.png

And he doesn't even have that good finishing with 11.

eW5NBEP.png

So while there are issues with this version, I've not found it that hard to negate tactically. I've been using almost the same tactic since FM17, with only small tweaks based on what team I play, and a few to make sure I can win in terms of issues with the ME (like avoid long shots when there were too much of those, and when crossing was impossible and things like that). The biggest issue in the ME for me, at the moment, is that there are too many chances created, and I think that influences how many chances are "missed", though I don't think it's that bad, really.

And, yes, I've been FM'ed on occasion, but I've also FM'ed better teams myself. That happens to everyone, including real life, so I don't mind much when it happens. Soon done with my 12th season playing youth only (ie only get players from youth intake, no signings) with Folkestone, and I have a real chance of getting promoted from League One this season. So my biggest gripe is that it's too easy to be successful. I had much more problems with the version from when the game was released. Then I tried the same with Stratford Town, and then I barely managed to stay in the Vanarama regional for 10 seasons before finally getting relegated out of the FM leagues and sacked...

I'm curious about the tactic you are using, just to see if you can get these kind of results with any good thought tactic that fits a team or if it's because one special tactic is doing better than expected. Also what kind of goals is that striker scoring? My fear (unproven) with current ME is that there seems to be a single way to be successful so it's more a puzzle game about finding it (and little replay ability after you do) than a real football tactical game where you can win using different approaches other than high pressing/high attack mentality. 

6 minutes ago, Icy said:

I'm curious about the tactic you are using, just to see if you can get these kind of results with any good thought tactic that fits a team or if it's because one special tactic is doing better than expected. Also what kind of goals is that striker scoring? My fear (unproven) with current ME is that there seems to be a single way to be successful so it's more a puzzle game about finding it (and little replay ability after you do) than a real football tactical game where you can win using different approaches other than high pressing/high attack mentality. 

I created a post in the tactics forums in 2017 which covers the basics of what I'm still using. And mostly because it's the way I like to see football. And to be fair, I've tried out many different ways of playing, but I always revert back to something similar to that. Now, that is with a bit of pressing and a positive mentality, but that post also covers my "counter" version, that I still use with success now.

If you want to learn the tactics in FM, I really advise you to do something similar to what I did there, that was what really helped me learn the tactics side. That was one of my weaknesses in FM until then, since I could do everyone else good, it was all about getting the best squad and doing something that was kind of ok tactically, and grind it out from there. So I sat down and tried to emulate what Klopp was doing with Liverpool back then, I mean with Coutinho and such, because I really liked how they played then. And set up FM as similar as I could get, and I were quite successful, but I couldn't get the players to do what I wanted, even if we won. So I made that, and got a lot of good suggestions to what I wanted to see, and I learned a lot from it. So I had some issues when the next version came out, but in the end I figured it out again. So now, I use that template as a base for all tactics I use in FM, but of course I have to tailor it to my use. For FM20, I tried it with Follo in the lower leagues in Norway and had a lot of success, but struggled with a role and asked again in the tactics forum. After some discussion we thought that it might be an issue with the HB role, so I reported it and it seems a bit better now, even if it's not as I would like it yet...

So all this comes from the fact that I've had to learn tactics, and asked others for suggestions to get the players to play as I want. And there are a lot of knowledgeable users in there who are happy to help. So if you are trying to do a certain thing, but just can't get it work, I'd advise you to post in there with what you are doing and what you don't quite see happening, and you will get loads of suggestions, and hopefully, one of those will solve things for you.

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

I created a post in the tactics forums in 2017 which covers the basics of what I'm still using. And mostly because it's the way I like to see football. And to be fair, I've tried out many different ways of playing, but I always revert back to something similar to that. Now, that is with a bit of pressing and a positive mentality, but that post also covers my "counter" version, that I still use with success now.

If you want to learn the tactics in FM, I really advise you to do something similar to what I did there, that was what really helped me learn the tactics side. That was one of my weaknesses in FM until then, since I could do everyone else good, it was all about getting the best squad and doing something that was kind of ok tactically, and grind it out from there. So I sat down and tried to emulate what Klopp was doing with Liverpool back then, I mean with Coutinho and such, because I really liked how they played then. And set up FM as similar as I could get, and I were quite successful, but I couldn't get the players to do what I wanted, even if we won. So I made that, and got a lot of good suggestions to what I wanted to see, and I learned a lot from it. So I had some issues when the next version came out, but in the end I figured it out again. So now, I use that template as a base for all tactics I use in FM, but of course I have to tailor it to my use. For FM20, I tried it with Follo in the lower leagues in Norway and had a lot of success, but struggled with a role and asked again in the tactics forum. After some discussion we thought that it might be an issue with the HB role, so I reported it and it seems a bit better now, even if it's not as I would like it yet...

So all this comes from the fact that I've had to learn tactics, and asked others for suggestions to get the players to play as I want. And there are a lot of knowledgeable users in there who are happy to help. So if you are trying to do a certain thing, but just can't get it work, I'd advise you to post in there with what you are doing and what you don't quite see happening, and you will get loads of suggestions, and hopefully, one of those will solve things for you.

You can't apply tactics logically in this game, you always have to look for workarounds and experiment because the game says something does this but it does a completely different thing. That's why many people struggle with tactics plus watching games is a horrendous task, it doesn't look like football.

1 minute ago, Vali184 said:

You can't apply tactics logically in this game, you always have to look for workarounds and experiment because the game says something does this but it does a completely different thing. That's why many people struggle with tactics plus watching games is a horrendous task, it doesn't look like football.

Do you read what I wrote? I'm seeing very good football by using something very close to what I have done the last 3 years, and with success. I've posted links to what I see, and what I struggle with. And what I have solved tactically, but I guess your two sentence statement counteracts anything...

And are you seriously saying that experimenting with tactics is a bad thing in a management game? Honestly, should SI just add inn a "Push to win"-button in the game? Jeez...

37 minutes ago, XaW said:

Do you read what I wrote? I'm seeing very good football by using something very close to what I have done the last 3 years, and with success. I've posted links to what I see, and what I struggle with. And what I have solved tactically, but I guess your two sentence statement counteracts anything...

And are you seriously saying that experimenting with tactics is a bad thing in a management game? Honestly, should SI just add inn a "Push to win"-button in the game? Jeez...

How do you find your F9? Sometimes I want him playing even deeper so I've created a version two of my tactic and retrained Milik to make sure he can play as a shadow striker at AMC, really brings out the link play 

7 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

How do you find your F9? Sometimes I want him playing even deeper so I've created a version two of my tactic and retrained Milik to make sure he can play as a shadow striker at AMC, really brings out the link play 

I've actually moved away from the F9 as I couldn't get him to play as I wanted, and I found that the AP on the left often drifted into his spot and they got tangled up a bit. So I changed to a Complete Forward when I'm a very good team. For poorer teams I've had success with Pressing Forwards or Deep Lying Forwards, but it's one of the roles I'm changing most based on the player I have available. The same with the B2B/CM-A role in midfield, it depends on the player.

I've not yet had the courage to go for a strikerless version with an AM, but that might be something exciting to try out. Especially if I make the AP on the left a more IF type to fill the gap up front...

16 minutes ago, XaW said:

I've actually moved away from the F9 as I couldn't get him to play as I wanted, and I found that the AP on the left often drifted into his spot and they got tangled up a bit. So I changed to a Complete Forward when I'm a very good team. For poorer teams I've had success with Pressing Forwards or Deep Lying Forwards, but it's one of the roles I'm changing most based on the player I have available. The same with the B2B/CM-A role in midfield, it depends on the player.

I've not yet had the courage to go for a strikerless version with an AM, but that might be something exciting to try out. Especially if I make the AP on the left a more IF type to fill the gap up front...

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of the F9, I still maintain that the F9 should play identically the SS. Usually go complete forward support if at CF.

I actually went with the SS as I noticed my forward getting cut off when playing opposition who sat ludicrously deep (5-4-1 with two DMs?!) Started creating a lot more triangles and inside forwards got more forward passes into them

Wide playmaker is a role I really under use, may have a tinker in my next season (I don't actually have a playmaker role in my set up at all)

I've found I definitely prefer having my wide forwards on support roles, just find the attack duty runs overly aggressive, prefer to use the get forward more instruction instead as and when needed. Got two more finals and then will tally up my various forwards. I know Milik has crossed 30 and Greenwood 20. Think all my forward options have got at least double figures but need to check again

hace 1 hora, XaW dijo:

I'm going to re-read that thread and give FM20 a new try, but again it seems that only high press/mentality tactics work in general as it happened in FM19 already. I still have not seen anybody having success with patient or defensive tactics. Also still surprised (on a good way) that with a single forward in a 4-3-3 you managed to have him to score 34 goals as this year I'm having way more success with 2 forwards as usually the single one is not very active because his lack of movement in the final third (problem again deeply documented that started in FM19 and has not been fixed in two consecutive years).

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of the F9, I still maintain that the F9 should play identically the SS. Usually go complete forward support if at CF. Wide playmaker is a role I really under use, may have a tinker in my next season (I don't actually have a playmaker role in my set up at all)

I've found I definitely prefer having my wide forwards on support roles, just find the attack duty runs overly aggressive, prefer to use the get forward more instruction instead as and when needed. Got two more finals and then will tally up my various forwards. I know Milik has crossed 30 and Greenwood 20. Think all my forward options have got at least double figures but need to check again

Yeah, I think the F9 is an interesting role, I just don't quite know how to use it... Complete Forwards is my go to role for single striker formations, but I often find poorer strikers do worse in them, so for very lower leagues I often tweak them.

Using a playmaker out wide is a really nice way of dragging defensive teams out of their style, since the AP on the left drifts in towards the centre he often takes the full back with him, and when I have an attacking wing back doing overlaps it creates a nice opening. And then I found that a ball winning midfielder works as a semi-pivot behind whenever the overlap stops to recycle. When I have my right winger on attack he will also be a bit more narrow, so when the left wingback does get space and can cross he is very often inside the box and acts as a wider striker even in the winger role.

So doing this in a symmetric formation, but asymmetric roles creates unbalance in the defence of the opponent and I very often see my CM-A (or sometimes B2B) unmarked at the edge of the box due to this, so the player I use there often get a lot of goals from that position.

So while the tactics base is this:

Cs1plhQ.png

In established play it's often more like this:

Xl8lKvT.png

So the DM is the true pivot for recycling while the BWM are the first line of defence if we lose the ball, but also a way out of the left wing back. The AP and the MC-A support the striker centrally while the winger and wing back provide width. I also found the key to this tactic is the DM role based on opposition. A HB works wonders against strong opponents and those who use an attacking midfielder, while a Regista or Roaming playmaker is excellent for teams who keep 11 men behind the ball since I don't need to worry much about defence.

1 minute ago, Icy said:

I'm going to re-read that thread and give FM20 a new try, but again it seems that only high press/mentality tactics work in general as it happened in FM19 already. I still have not seen anybody having success with patient or defensive tactics. Also still surprised (on a good way) that with a single forward in a 4-3-3 you managed to have him to score 34 goals as this year I'm having way more success with 2 forwards as usually the single one is not very active because his lack of movement in the final third (problem again deeply documented that started in FM19 and has not been fixed in two consecutive years).

I agree that high press is good in the current game, but for me that's not as big of an issue, since it's the way I like to play anyway, and I would have tried to get it to work even if it was harder. I mean, I did find it much harder at release than now, but the more I play, the more I notice the small differences in how I need to approach things and some experimenting with small changes to see what sticks.

For the movement, I haven't had that much of an issue, but my striker are quite good for the level I play, and he has the attributes to really work with his very high OtB, and acceleration. So he finds good space quickly. The only example I have is our only friendly so far this season against a lower tier team where he came to 5 clear cut chances and 2 half chances and scored 5 goals. 

kFNAMLa.png5xIlJ1A.png

So he often gets into good positions due to his skils, and as you can see, he scored from 3 of his 5 big chances.

17 hours ago, wup wup wup said:

Nah mate, this ME, just like the one in FM19 is just a joke. No fun, no realism, it feels like you see football on a handbrake. Poor, stale and repetitive. Go back to FM17 if you want some excitement and realism.

12 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

Nah mate, this ME, just like the one in FM19 is just a joke. No fun, no realism, it feels like you see football on a handbrake. Poor, stale and repetitive. Go back to FM17 if you want some excitement and realism.

What do you think about the FM15 ME?

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I think the F9 is an interesting role, I just don't quite know how to use it... Complete Forwards is my go to role for single striker formations, but I often find poorer strikers do worse in them, so for very lower leagues I often tweak them.

Using a playmaker out wide is a really nice way of dragging defensive teams out of their style, since the AP on the left drifts in towards the centre he often takes the full back with him, and when I have an attacking wing back doing overlaps it creates a nice opening. And then I found that a ball winning midfielder works as a semi-pivot behind whenever the overlap stops to recycle. When I have my right winger on attack he will also be a bit more narrow, so when the left wingback does get space and can cross he is very often inside the box and acts as a wider striker even in the winger role.

So doing this in a symmetric formation, but asymmetric roles creates unbalance in the defence of the opponent and I very often see my CM-A (or sometimes B2B) unmarked at the edge of the box due to this, so the player I use there often get a lot of goals from that position.

So while the tactics base is this:

Cs1plhQ.png

In established play it's often more like this:

Xl8lKvT.png

So the DM is the true pivot for recycling while the BWM are the first line of defence if we lose the ball, but also a way out of the left wing back. The AP and the MC-A support the striker centrally while the winger and wing back provide width. I also found the key to this tactic is the DM role based on opposition. A HB works wonders against strong opponents and those who use an attacking midfielder, while a Regista or Roaming playmaker is excellent for teams who keep 11 men behind the ball since I don't need to worry much about defence.

Interesting, don't think we're too different. I use twin Mezzalas (Support and attack) behind the CFS/SS. With my wide players slightly differing by PIs, allowing the marauding left back space out wide, and letting the mezzala attack drifting into the channel between wide forward and striker on the right.

It's slightly more aggressive than yours, but in attack I look like 2-3-5, with the Mezzala support often arriving as number 6 against packed opposition, and either recycling back to the DM (who like you is a major source of ball recycling), or if they are sitting very deep, shooting from just inside the box. My press is different as its not so much a high press but a split press, so if that initial press is beaten we stay organised and compact in midfield, offering little space between the lines

10 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Interesting, don't think we're too different. I use twin Mezzalas (Support and attack) behind the CFS/SS. With my wide players slightly differing by PIs, allowing the marauding left back space out wide, and letting the mezzala attack drifting into the channel between wide forward and striker on the right.

It's slightly more aggressive than yours, but in attack I look like 2-3-5, with the Mezzala support often arriving as number 6 against packed opposition, and either recycling back to the DM (who like you is a major source of ball recycling), or if they are sitting very deep, shooting from just inside the box. My press is different as its not so much a high press but a split press, so if that initial press is beaten we stay organised and compact in midfield, offering little space between the lines

Yeah, I think our ideas are quite similar. I actually played with making the CM-A a Mezzela for a while, but found him drifting too wide for my taste and went into the same space as the right winger. Very interesting to get another viewpoint. With a B2B I sometimes find the striker a bit isolated unless the B2B are really good at forward runs. The more generic CM-A worked better for me after a lot of shifting back and forth.

How are you managing counter attacks against? I had quite a few balls over the top, but putting the right DC on cover solved a bit for me, but it's still something I'd like to improve upon. I'm guessing that my counterpress allows for more space to exploit against me, than your side if you use regroup, if I understood you right?

Just now, XaW said:

Yeah, I think our ideas are quite similar. I actually played with making the CM-A a Mezzela for a while, but found him drifting too wide for my taste and went into the same space as the right winger. Very interesting to get another viewpoint. With a B2B I sometimes find the striker a bit isolated unless the B2B are really good at forward runs. The more generic CM-A worked better for me after a lot of shifting back and forth.

How are you managing counter attacks against? I had quite a few balls over the top, but putting the right DC on cover solved a bit for me, but it's still something I'd like to improve upon. I'm guessing that my counterpress allows for more space to exploit against me, than your side if you use regroup, if I understood you right?

Ah see I quite like it when they overload the right hand side, pull a defender away and the ball comes back into Milik. But I might give the CM-A a go

I still counter press, but I don't turn closing down way up as many might might do, in fact its set at the default with the front 5 individually set to closing down more, which usually means when the opposition are forced to go long my defenders arent way up the pitch or often out of position and simply mop up the long ball. Not many forwards to trouble us, though I really, really hate playing Arsenal. Also I tactical foul a lot with the front 3 so most counter attacks are ruined :D 

29 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Ah see I quite like it when they overload the right hand side, pull a defender away and the ball comes back into Milik. But I might give the CM-A a go

I still counter press, but I don't turn closing down way up as many might might do, in fact its set at the default with the front 5 individually set to closing down more, which usually means when the opposition are forced to go long my defenders arent way up the pitch or often out of position and simply mop up the long ball. Not many forwards to trouble us, though I really, really hate playing Arsenal. Also I tactical foul a lot with the front 3 so most counter attacks are ruined :D 

Yeah, I just found that they got in each others way, so CM-A was a good role, I have added "move into channels" on him, and toy around with roaming, but not yet decided either way.

I can understand the issue with Arsenal, their front players are quite fast, so with slower defenders... How did you get the tactical fouls to work? Hard tacking and very high individual pressure?

6 hours ago, XaW said:

I agree that high press is good in the current game, but for me that's not as big of an issue, since it's the way I like to play anyway, and I would have tried to get it to work even if it was harder.

Same here, that's what I like to see irl so I would use it either way, not because it's OP in the game. I also use a split block like @themadsheep2001 does, whether in a 4231 or a 4123.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I just found that they got in each others way, so CM-A was a good role, I have added "move into channels" on him, and toy around with roaming, but not yet decided either way.

I can understand the issue with Arsenal, their front players are quite fast, so with slower defenders... How did you get the tactical fouls to work? Hard tacking and very high individual pressure?

Front three: close down more, tackle harder, mark tighter. Need to be support duties so they retreat further. Occaisonally add it to the centre mids

The ME has rightfully taken a lot of criticism this year, but I feel like that's left the god awful club vision largely unscathed.

It baffles me that SI have clearly moved towards embracing the dynamic aspect of football what with having a panel literally named dynamics, and how important it is to your save, and yet we get the absolutely black and white club vision. 

An aspect of the game that literally refuses to react to anything that happens in your save, that ignores all context and for whatever reason ignores the complete package.

Taking an Everton side that was predicted 10th to fa cup winners and 8th place, only to get called into the boardroom for failing to achieve the expectation of making us the best of the rest is one of the most ridiculous things to happen in any FM save I've had.

Previous games were superior at judging your season as a whole, and were superior at so much else too while we're at it.

Edited by WelshMourinho

Also just had a quick look, Man Utd have scored 71 goals in total in 33 games, of which -

17 from indirect free kicks.

1 from direct free kick.

5 from corners.

10 from penalties. 

So over 46% of their goals are from set pieces, that to me seems too much for a good team (they are 3rd in the table and are 5th best for chances created). 

Arsenal have 65 goals from 32 games, of which -

14 from corners

3 from direct free kicks

6 from indirect free kicks

5 from penalties

So 43% from set pieces, again from a good team with good attacking players who create chances. 

In 2017/18 no Premier league club ( in 38 games as well) got into double figures for corner or indirect free kicks.  In 2018/19, Liverpool did manage 14 goals from corners (they also scored 89 goals that season), but only two other clubs got into double figures, again in a 38 game season.  

Figures I have seen for % of set piece goals overall seem to be about 25-30% at most. 

Edited by tajj7

I have the same conclusion.  In game Turkish league stats  for top teams score in that league is very much similar. Half of the goals from set pieces- very small percent throw-in assists and penalties combined-. Open play assists and diversity in those goals is pretty limited. Seems ME problem.

Edited by baris28

The general lack of goals is really bizarre. I'm just over halfway through a season in the Bundesliga and the average goals per game is 2.25. Last season the goals per game in the Bundesliga was 3.18, so we're down nearly a goal a game. It's so utterly boring, I can live with bugs but boredom is worst of all.