Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

On 28/03/2020 at 22:41, Cadoni said:

IGE (In-Game Editor)

I have found that when you go to Preferences - All; you have to enable (tick) "Show In-Game Editor in the Menu Bar" for both categories to be activated. Otherwise, if you tick the first one, IGE isn't activated - showed at the game. Look at the pictures.

ige_issue_1.thumb.png.265ddeb37cfea817eeae4aeec9dbf4dc.png

Here is the second time you need to do that under "INTERFACE".

ige_issue_2.thumb.png.1f79f3c1f56643e4cee51bb71fb1d0ec.png

That's why people complain about "I have activated IGE via Preferences, but when I am go to the game is not activated".

So, requires both two "ticks".

Have you ticked the box on steam (right click FM20/properties/DLC)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hazpro said:

Have you ticked the box on steam (right click FM20/properties/DLC)

Man,

I own and use IGE.

This is for people who activated IGE and don't know how to activate it within the game.

Under General & Interface tabs.

Thank you!

As I always do I waited for the final update prior to commencing play.
A few nights ago I played my first friendly of the season.
After having spent a considerable amount of time setting up all my set-piece routines, I was alarmed at seeing my centre-back taking throw-ins, about 50% of the time on both flanks. He was not the designated throw-in taker or in the list of designated throw-in takers. He was also taking free-kicks when he had not been told too. He was going up for corners and free-kicks when he had been specifically told to stay back.

I had a quick look on here to see if this was a known issue. I found a thread in the bugs forum https://community.sigames.com/topic/513408-throw-in/

The last entry in that post was on Feb21 saying it was with the developers.

I can only presume that no fix for this was included in the final update.

Does anyone have any further info on this ? Are there any known workarounds ?

19 minutes ago, purple haze 18 said:

As I always do I waited for the final update prior to commencing play.
A few nights ago I played my first friendly of the season.
After having spent a considerable amount of time setting up all my set-piece routines, I was alarmed at seeing my centre-back taking throw-ins, about 50% of the time on both flanks. He was not the designated throw-in taker or in the list of designated throw-in takers. He was also taking free-kicks when he had not been told too. He was going up for corners and free-kicks when he had been specifically told to stay back.

I had a quick look on here to see if this was a known issue. I found a thread in the bugs forum https://community.sigames.com/topic/513408-throw-in/

The last entry in that post was on Feb21 saying it was with the developers.

I can only presume that no fix for this was included in the final update.

Does anyone have any further info on this ? Are there any known workarounds ?

There are plenty of issues with set pieces that were raised and acknowledged. As far as I'm aware none of them were fixed.

I can confirm that my throw in instructions are still ignored for the issue i raised above. I can only ever seem to keep a maximum of two players back and get countered by the CPU AI constantly. Nothing i can do about it though unless i switch to a back three which will keep three players back. 

Thanks for the quick replies Tiger666 and TheMattB81

The last game I played was FM16 (only just stopped playing it in December), there had never been this issue in all the previous versions as far as I know.

This surely is a huge bug that should warrant a HotFix update or whatever it is called. SI ???

So all the time and thought put into my tactic has been a waste of time, as players are being pulled out of position at set-pieces.

So I guess my choice is, 1) back to the drawing board with my tactic, to adapt it to compensate for players being pulled out of position or 2) back to FM16

I really am shocked that the final update hasn't addressed this.

4 hours ago, purple haze 18 said:

The last game I played was FM16 (only just stopped playing it in December), there had never been this issue in all the previous versions as far as I know.

This surely is a huge bug that should warrant a HotFix update or whatever it is called. SI ???

So all the time and thought put into my tactic has been a waste of time, as players are being pulled out of position at set-pieces.

So I guess my choice is, 1) back to the drawing board with my tactic, to adapt it to compensate for players being pulled out of position or 2) back to FM16

Go back to 16 way superior MI. 20 is the worst I can recall on FM.

4 hours ago, purple haze 18 said:

There were too many bugs with FM20 to fix everything it seems, a lot of things were never addressed.

12 hours ago, TheMattB81 said:

I can confirm that my throw in instructions are still ignored for the issue i raised above. I can only ever seem to keep a maximum of two players back and get countered by the CPU AI constantly. Nothing i can do about it though unless i switch to a back three which will keep three players back. 

90% of throw-ins are the player throwing it to the nearest team mate (almost always a couple of metres away, going away from goal, tightly marked by an opponent). It constantly causes you to lose possession, particularly in attacking situations.

7 hours ago, CityAndColour said:

90% of throw-ins are the player throwing it to the nearest team mate (almost always a couple of metres away, going away from goal, tightly marked by an opponent). It constantly causes you to lose possession, particularly in attacking situations.

Yes it's very frustrating, glad i am not the only one that sees this. 

Something with throw-ins is definitely off. The amount of goals I've conceded from them, regardless of how I set up my routines, just doesn't feel right. Same animation every time as well, one or two one touch passes, cross and a goal.

VM1YpEU.png

What I have to do to have my club attendance higher? I'm the title holder and going to win the second title in a row and my club attendance is just 60% of the capacity.

14 hours ago, CityAndColour said:

I play a 4-4-1-1 with RM in a AMR position, and just use the standard set up but move 1 more of the central midfielders to come close to the throw-in taker, I havent had a problem with what you describe at all, my main problem is when the throw in is close to the corner flag, the player who receives the throw almost constantly pass the ball back to the throw-in taker who is in an offside position.

its not game breaking for me, just massively annoying, how many times can the same players make that same stupid mistake and completely disregard the offside rule?!

And I'm not just complaining because I suck at the game. Let me lay it out for you.

The first time I ever got approached to steal a player away from me, was when I was in League One. Norwich, in Premier League, wanted to sign one of my guys which I had barely played, for a fantastic sum of money. This guy was always injured, and could barely play for ****. So I happily jumped on it — 200k, out the door.

The next guy to pull the same trick would be this terrible goalie. So awful on the pitch, conceded so many goals that it almost cost us Championship title, but guess what? Sold — 80k. Much less than I had bought him for but wow, better than nothing.

The third and most recent guy was the most, most surprising one. It was some random youth player I had forgotten about. Whined about first team chances and so I slapped him on the transfer list, one year ago. Bam, someone came in, wanted to take him for 50k. I thought, wait, what the ****? 500 or 50k? No, it was 50k, out the door he went. He was 1.5 star and that was his max potential.

So with those three players in mind, who did I NOT manage to sell?

There have been several regulars on my team that helped me league to league, and helped me all the way to the Premier League. I thought I could offload them to some of the lower tier teams; their value had shot up to over a million, so at first I tried around 300k (low expectations already). No dice. Okay, how about 100k? No dice either. I had to go all the way down to 10k and even 2k before someone took them away. How does this even make sense? They're mid-20's, scored plenty of goals and committed plenty of assists, won trophies, and I can't bloody move them?

I even started them in friendlies because I heard that's how it works but nothing!

Now I've got 5 players in my U18 team that nobody wants, not even for free! I tried adding in a wage clause where I would not only give you the player for eff all, but I'll also pay half his wages. Still nothing!

I don't get the system in this game and I'm sick of pressing that "offer to clubs" button that does jack. And if all of this is not enough, players have the NERVE to reject offers even though they've been sitting on their backsides for over a year.

Edited by LetsNotScoreGoals

I seriously think whether some moderators from anywhere- not to disrespect from what they are from- still telling in youtube videos about tactics.

Tell me about set pieces vs proper open play football. How frequent they see it.  :)

In Germany last Season 3 Clubs had almost 40% of their Goals from Standards/Set Pieces (Elfmeter = Penalty / Eigentor = Own Goal):

Standardtore Bundesliga 2018/19

Verein Tore nach Standards Tore gesamt Anteil
FC Augsburg 20 (5 Elfmeter) 51 39,2%
SC Freiburg 17 (5) + 1 Eigentor 46 39,1%
FC Schalke 04 14 (7) 37 37,8%
Hertha BSC 15 (4) 49 30,6%
Bayer Leverkusen 16 (4) + 1 Eigentor 69 24,6%
VfL Wolfsburg 15 (5) 62 24,2%
Mönchengladbach 12 (4) + 1 Eigentor 55 23,6%
Eintracht Frankfurt 14 (4) 60 23,3%
SV Werder Bremen 13 (4) 58 22,4%
RB Leipzig 14 (5) 63 22,2%
Borussia Dortmund 17 (4) + 1 Eigentor 81 22,2%
1.FSV Mainz 05 10 (3) 46 21,7%
Fortuna Düsseldorf 10 (5) 49 20,4%
1899 Hoffenheim 13 (6) + 1 Eigentor 70 20,0%
FC Bayern München 16 (3) 88 18,2%
Edited by Etebaer

Still morale seems overpowered; Start badly and get 2 points in the first 9 games.  Get a good cup win then 17 points from the next 7 games.  Then look like we've never played together before and 2 points from the next 9 games so far. Next game is Bayern Munich, wish me luck...

On 03/04/2020 at 00:03, Old Joe Clarke said:

What do you mean? I play three at the back and it works well. Have you tried it?

Yep, every possible way (......but wow; The testing forum results..... :thdn:)

Could you send your tactic, perhaps it works? (as well as the 68 other tactics) :thup:

Edited by Toonrock

17 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Something with throw-ins is definitely off. The amount of goals I've conceded from them, regardless of how I set up my routines, just doesn't feel right. Same animation every time as well, one or two one touch passes, cross and a goal.

VM1YpEU.png

This is what I always experience:

59596765_annoyingthrowin.PNG.c6183aeb7b8ec38b64cfe6898b45e81c.PNG

This is a throw in in my attacking half (you can see the corner of the box at the top) - the throw-in is always made to the closest player going away from goal, who is always marked. This inevitably leads to either the player being dispossessed or play going backwards, rather than making the most of the attack.

This happens all the way up the pitch however it's most frustrating in attacking situations as the throw-in taker literally ignores better options (in this case a 2-on-1).

3 in the back means you have 1 more Player that most of the time does nothing for the build up of an attack. makes a fatal error in case of defending and Libero is probably one of the worst implemented roles.

Edited by Etebaer

10 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

So they've found a certain shape is favoured by the game, that does not mean that 3 atb can't work. 

Sure it can probably work to a degree (everything is relative) - But you won´t by far get as good results as with four atb. -> It´s clearly quite broken.

Edited by Toonrock

2 hours ago, StevehFC said:

I went on holiday for a yeas. Strikers scoring rate across England, Germany, Italy, France etc is all very low. Really poor SI. 

Did you holiday whilst managing in those leagues, or running the match sim on full detail? If not, it's a different result engine which doesn't use the current ME.

23 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Did you holiday whilst managing in those leagues, or running the match sim on full detail? If not, it's a different result engine which doesn't use the current ME.

Wait, what?

On 02/04/2020 at 06:46, FrazT said:

To my knowledge there are no plans for any further updates to FM 20

Lol can you believe this? Sorry guys we know the game is broken but you will have to wait until next year and buy a new version if you want a chance at a fixed game (more likely we want you to buy a new game that is also broken...) 

Wages demands on this game are simply non sense. I have a breakthrough right back earning 9k/w he asked for a new contract and asked for 98k/w with a squad player status, this is madness.

6 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Started off unemployed and went on holiday for a year. 

4 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Wages demands on this game are simply non sense. I have a breakthrough right back earning 9k/w he asked for a new contract and asked for 98k/w with a squad player status, this is madness.

Is his agent Mino Raiola? 

Absolutely nobody can answer that question apart from the coders.  It will also depend on what your definition of working as intended is.

SI have said that there are no plans at the moment to release any further updates for FM 20

Unemployed, Sunday Rep, Pro Licence. 

Get a job at a third Division Belgian club. Win the league after starting out 10th. 

My reputation boosts to 25%. Think, well why not try and find a better job. Resign. Apply everywhere, NO ONE will hire me. I mean, NO ONE. Clubs that offered me jobs when I had 5% rep won't offer me a job now. Ridiculous. Save is dead as is my experience on FM20. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

I can't be the only one that has countless issues with this match engine can I? Do the developers not play this game themselves and realise this isn't emulating real football?

My issues:

- 1v1s being missed far more regularly than in other FM games and in real life.

- Players regularly blazing easy headers over the bar

- Players flicking on headers when they can easily get the ball under control

- Players clearing the ball for corners when they have time to turn and keep possession.

- Crazy goalmouth scrambles where defenders and goalkeepers seem to move around a lot but not do much with the ball

There's probably more but these are the ones I encounter very regularly, if not every game. I really want to play this game but the ME is just killing it for me right now, it's unplayable in my eyes. Are other people having this issues or is it just me?

Still think about staff words that the game is not unrealistic.

So, you got to know that keepers, who jump before the shot on 1x1 to get the ball from form the corner of the goal (cause it's the only chance to stop the shot except teleportation) (maybe teleportation is realistic too)

Безымянный.png

Just watched Alejandro Papu Gomez highlights. That just reminded me that I haven't seen some nice cut-inside goal from inside forward in FM in about two, or so years..

To be completely honest, last FM I remember inside forwards did what they should do was in FM2015. Ah, good old times when we had variety of goals.