Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 минут назад, rabm сказал:

Does anyone know if there will be a "closed Beta" this year and if so how to sign up for it? I was on a closed beta group for FM 2015 and while frustrating at times, due to it obviously being a beta, it was great to help test it out. Would love to be involved again. 

me too

3 dakika önce, Jimmy Wong said:

Windows minimum:

64 bit işlemci ve işletim sistemi gerektirir

İşletim Sistemi: Windows 7 (SP1), 8 / 8.1, 10 (Güncelleme 1803 / Nisan 2018 veya üzeri) - 64-bit

İşlemci: Intel Pentium 4 (64 bit), Intel Core 2 veya AMD Athlon 64 - 2.2 GHz +

Bellek: 2 GB RAM

Grafikler: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT veya AMD / ATI Mobilite Radeon HD 3650 - 256MB VRAM

DirectX: Sürüm 11

Depolama: 7 GB boş alan

Mac OS X minimum:

64 bit işlemci ve işletim sistemi gerektirir

İşletim Sistemi: 10.11.6, 10.12.6, 10.13.6, 10.14.6, 10.15 - 64 bit

İşlemci: Intel Core 2 Duo - 1.8 GHz +

Bellek: 2 GB RAM

Grafikler: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT veya AMD / ATI Mobilite Radeon HD 3650 - 256MB VRAM

Depolama: 7 GB boş alan

Ek Notlar: macOS 10.14 ve üstü, Metal 1 gerektirir; macOS 10.13 ve önceki sürümleri OpenGL 2.1 gerektirir

It's same with FM 19. Nice. Thank you @Jimmy Wong

Why do we have to have the same whines every single year about the pre-order process?  It is an option to pre-order, not an obligation.  Bigger companies than SI have offered pre-orders on less.  If you don't feel like you know enough to do so yet, then, you know, just don't.

I know I'll probably end up buying it anyway, despite putting just 90 hours into FM19 (most of them being "tests" of editor changes that never got used).  Happy to drop a relatively small amount of money in the hope that this is the edition to revive my interest.  If not, at least I'm supporting a decent developer.

17 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Need the Icelandic league to be fixed and the clubs promoted when reloading on 24 June to be different each time for me to get excited.

Is it the season change date that is on 24th June in some country (cannot be Iceland)? I don't know if its universal, but you should get a different crop of promoted clubs if you reload/holiday from some weeks before the season change date. Or perhaps you knew this, and just want the relative ease of reloading just before the season change?

I think 19 was a superb game so am genuinely considering missing out 20. We had plenty of new features last year and I'm slightly concerned we'll get a glorified data update this year but we will see. Announcement is standard, wasn't expecting new features to be released just yet but the emphasis seems social media related which personally gives me no interest in changing my mind about missing out a year. 

Hope I'm proven wrong come mid-September however

1 hora atrás, forameuss disse:

Why do we have to have the same whines every single year about the pre-order process?  It is an option to pre-order, not an obligation.  Bigger companies than SI have offered pre-orders on less.  If you don't feel like you know enough to do so yet, then, you know, just don't.

Actually no company offered pre-order for less than SI,because SI didnt  gave us any information,so this is the minimum that it can get. And people “whine” about it because they want to know what they are buying, we are all fans here mate,we know their capability to deliver FM at a high standard,but it really cust them to just say one chance that will be in the game? Dont need to need to be a image or video,just the info would be enough.

1 hour ago, masno said:

Actually no company offered pre-order for less than SI,because SI didnt  gave us any information,so this is the minimum that it can get. And people “whine” about it because they want to know what they are buying, we are all fans here mate,we know their capability to deliver FM at a high standard,but it really cust them to just say one chance that will be in the game? Dont need to need to be a image or video,just the info would be enough.

They're not putting their hands in your bank account though are they? :D pre order is an option that a significant number of people take up as they'll buy the game every year regardless, information released or not. But it's still an option for everybody, people are just going to buy it when they feel comfortable doing so. 

No point shouting 'I WONT PRE-ORDER WITHOUT NEW FEATURE DETAILS' because it doesn't matter, that's your choice. 

1 hour ago, masno said:

Actually no company offered pre-order for less than SI,because SI didnt  gave us any information,so this is the minimum that it can get.

Companies have offered pre-orders simply on a name of a game existing.  SI have, as they always do every year, offered the usual discount, beta and rough release date information.  Which do you think is more?

And people “whine” about it because they want to know what they are buying

Do I really need to say it again - THEN DON'T BUY IT UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING.  

1 hour ago, masno said:

but it really cust them to just say one chance that will be in the game? Dont need to need to be a image or video,just the info would be enough.

If they had that information to reliably give at this stage, they would.  And if they hadn't said anything, you'd get the usual people complaining that they'd heard nothing.  

So, long story short, you're whining completely needlessly.  As many have before you, and many will again.

21 minutos atrás, Stevicus disse:

They're not putting their hands in your bank account though are they? :D pre order is an option that a significant number of people take up as they'll buy the game every year regardless, information released or not. But it's still an option for everybody, people are just going to buy it when they feel comfortable doing so. 

No point shouting 'I WONT PRE-ORDER WITHOUT NEW FEATURE DETAILS' because it doesn't matter, that's your choice. 

Actually it have a point. We are the ones that buy it, and some of us want to at least know a bit of information of what changed in the game before buying it. People on social media also are asking where are the features,when Will launch,etc.

1 minute ago, masno said:

Actually it have a point. We are the ones that buy it, and some of us want to at least know a bit of information of what changed in the game before buying it. People on social media also are asking where are the features,when Will launch,etc.

As it says, information will be coming from mid September. 

2 minutos atrás, forameuss disse:

Companies have offered pre-orders simply on a name of a game existing.  SI have, as they always do every year, offered the usual discount, beta and rough release date information.  Which do you think is more?

Do I really need to say it again - THEN DON'T BUY IT UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING.  

If they had that information to reliably give at this stage, they would.  And if they hadn't said anything, you'd get the usual people complaining that they'd heard nothing.  

So, long story short, you're whining completely needlessly.  As many have before you, and many will again.

SI is offering their game without giving any info,so yeah, on a name of game existing. Discount doesn’t make it for the lack of announcements. The only thing I complained was about that this is the announcement of the announcement that was announced early. I won’t buy it until I see anything,yes,but I am also someone who buys the game yearly,so I have the right to give my feedback,just like others users.

Every single post I see about is always in a passive aggressive manner, mocking or trying to silence users,be like a adult and stop being destructive,please.

1 minute ago, masno said:

SI is offering their game without giving any info,so yeah, on a name of game existing. Discount doesn’t make it for the lack of announcements. The only thing I complained was about that this is the announcement of the announcement that was announced early. I won’t buy it until I see anything,yes,but I am also someone who buys the game yearly,so I have the right to give my feedback,just like others users.

Every single post I see about is always in a passive aggressive manner, mocking or trying to silence users,be like a adult and stop being destructive,please.

Try not completely missing the point of every post then.  I never said anything about your right to feedback and I have never "tried to silence" anyone.  You really overestimate your importance if you believe that.  Anyone can say whatever they like, and hold whatever opinion they like, but it doesn't shield them from someone disagreeing with them. 

Anyway, the core of it is that your point is literally pointless.  You're complaining like the pre-order is only going to exist while we know nothing about the game.  In mid-September they'll tell us more, at which point you'll still be able to pre-order.  There is literally no issue here.

You can pre-order the game, and receive all the pre-order perks, anytime prior to the official release date. So, to my mind, the best time to pre-order the game is going to be on the day before the Beta is released. Obviously SI want us to pre-order the game asap.

On 27/08/2019 at 20:23, HUNT3R said:

I'm not a fan of the trailer at all. Keen to know what that tagline was about. It was the only thing that grabbed some attention.

Nothing unusual for a first announcement though. 

Trailer was noisy and totally unhelpful! However, it's the game that counts and for me SI generally deliver.

Edited by Kazza

Can I plug FM20 on Google Stadia if I purchase it via Steam?...  I'm a bit confused as to purchasing FM via Stadia.

I've been buying FM on Steam for many years now, and am curious as to whether I need to switch to Stadia instead if I want faster speeds (my laptop is a brand new Alienware).

Can someone please explain how to purchase and play FM on Stadia (compared to Steam)? Thanks

12 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Can I plug FM20 on Google Stadia if I purchase it via Steam?...  I'm a bit confused as to purchasing FM via Stadia.

I've been buying FM on Steam for many years now, and am curious as to whether I need to switch to Stadia instead if I want faster speeds (my laptop is a brand new Alienware).

Can someone please explain how to purchase and play FM on Stadia (compared to Steam)? Thanks

They're separate platforms (like Xbox and Playstation) but both playable on PC. If you have a gaming laptop then I see no reason to buy a Stadia version rather than Steam version

4 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

They're separate platforms (like Xbox and Playstation) but both playable on PC. If you have a gaming laptop then I see no reason to buy a Stadia version rather than Steam version

Thanks @autohoratio. In the opening message, Simon Jacobson is promising that FM will run faster on Stadia. That's the only reason why I'd consider a different platform. Even on my brand new gaming laptop (Alienware), the save runs too slow between matches (as it has always been the case over the years).

Edited by phd_angel

6 hours ago, TioPatinhax said:

If we play the game on Stadia, can we still edit it with logos, facepacks etc just like we do now?

I'd imagine not, given that you won't have editing access to the server that the game will be running and streaming from, and so won't be able to add the logo image files, etc, to it.

1 minute ago, phd_angel said:

Even on my brand new gaming laptop (Alienware), the save runs too slow between matches (as it has always been the case over the years).

It is odd unless you load lots and lots of leagues. So, how many leagues do you load, and from what number of countries?

2 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Thanks @autohoratio. In the opening message, Simon Jacobson is promising that FM will run faster on Stadia. That's the only reason why I'd consider a different platform. Even on my brand new gaming laptop (Alienware), the save runs too slow between matches (as it has always been the case over the years).

Stadia also comes with the downsides of requiring an internet connection to play and a monthly subscription if you want to play with graphics above 720p. And I expect the game won't be available at a discount on Stadia either, whereas you can get discounts on the steam version at launch. If you're finding the beteen-match processing to be a significant problem then be all means look into Stadia and seeing if it's worth it for you, however.

4 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Thanks @autohoratioSimon Jacobson is promising that FM will run faster on Stadia.

Probably true in the case of people with standard PCs and Laptops but with a gaming PC I don't see the point in going the Stadia route as I can't imagine it'd be that much faster anyway.

2 minutes ago, talhak said:

It is odd unless you load lots and lots of leagues. So, how many leagues do you load, and from what number of countries?

The game runs slow regardless of the number of leagues. Even with a decent number of leagues (say, 10), this game should be running way faster... It's ridiculous the amount of time we waste waiting!

To answer you: I now have all leagues of all nations. I know! It's crazy!  It runs slower than usual, but not much worse than with 10 leagues... (Yes, I remove leagues as the save progresses...).

1 minute ago, phd_angel said:

The game runs slow regardless of the number of leagues. Even with a decent number of leagues (say, 10), this game should be running way faster... It's ridiculous the amount of time we waste waiting!

To answer you: I now have all leagues of all nations. I know! It's crazy!  It runs slower than usual, but not much worse than with 10 leagues... (Yes, I remove leagues as the save progresses...).

So I recommend you to check up your PC. You may check your drivers, make sure they are all up-to-date. Be sure no virus/trojan consumes your PC's computational power. Check the running processes on the operating system, look if there is an odd process.

3 minutes ago, talhak said:

So I recommend you to check up your PC. You may check your drivers, make sure they are all up-to-date. Be sure no virus/trojan consumes your PC's computational power. Check the running processes on the operating system, look if there is an odd process.

Thanks, but the problem is not my laptop, it's me. I've had several gaming laptops over the years, and am always tuning them up. It's me: I'm picky and believe that FM should be running faster.

13 hours ago, Chris21 said:

I think 19 was a superb game so am genuinely considering missing out 20. We had plenty of new features last year and I'm slightly concerned we'll get a glorified data update this year but we will see. Announcement is standard, wasn't expecting new features to be released just yet but the emphasis seems social media related which personally gives me no interest in changing my mind about missing out a year. 

Hope I'm proven wrong come mid-September however

Updates are good though FM17 was an update of FM16 with other new features and was the best game ever . Was the last to use the older match engine but in my opinion it's a far better game than FM19

5 hours ago, prot651 said:

Updates are good though FM17 was an update of FM16 with other new features and was the best game ever . Was the last to use the older match engine but in my opinion it's a far better game than FM19

Where are you getting this? As far as I'm aware, FM has been using the same (albeit modified) match engine for much longer than that.

3 hours ago, Mons said:

Where are you getting this? As far as I'm aware, FM has been using the same (albeit modified) match engine for much longer than that.

Correct

me if im wrong and I could very well be lolol but I was told that 18 used a different match engine . ? 

10 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Correct

me if im wrong and I could very well be lolol but I was told that 18 used a different match engine . ? 

It was "just" updated, as it always is. The only time there wasn't much of a change was FM11 to FM12. There's between 2 and 3 million lines of code in the ME, so it's a big ask to replace it completely. Sections get re-written and updated/tweaked etc.

Definitely in excitement over the Stadia potential but I don't think I'll be getting Stadia.

Although I can't help but think I was excited thinking Miles would do something different and announce a few headline features this year opposed to the previous years when actual news came later. I'll wait to see if the features are to my liking and then pre-order discount be damned! :D

P.S.: Way to go SI to release the FM 2020 announcement when I told myself "Alright no more buying games for some time"

Instead of adding new features, I hope FM20 optimizes already-existing features. There is much to improve from FM19, without needing to add any more bells and whistles (a shame that the latter sells more than saying that you are just optimizing what you already have...).

47 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Instead of adding new features, I hope FM20 optimizes already-existing features. There is much to improve from FM19, without needing to add any more bells and whistles (a shame that the latter sells more than saying that you are just optimizing what you already have...).

To be fair, they can't win.  If they announce a game that will have no new features, people will complain there are no new features.  Announce a game with "1000 new features" (wasn't that the line a few editions ago?) and people will complain that they're neglecting existing ones.  

I'd say having something new is imperative, but that's not to say that a balance can't be struck.

5 hours ago, CAGSEN said:

$45 isn't expensive for pre-order?

I'm Turkish and I have to think the exchange rate. I hope the price would be decrease.

4 hours ago, endtime said:

Aren't there local retailers who sell the game at a reduced price? E.g. FM 19 costs 54 euro on Steam, but only 38 euro from one of my local retailers.

Yes, as always there are third party authorised retailers who are selling the game at a reduced price

I was hoping to see some information of features but no loss as the discount will still be available after key annoucemments & 10% is not a massive amount to miss out on should I choose to wait for the demo. Google Stadia link up is a surprising one, yes in theory it will allow lower system users to play larger gameworlds but given my experience of playing in online clans leaves me a little concerned about the potential for annoying UI lag & of course there is the question of whether that performance boost will be part of the free package or only achievable with the premium monthly subscription & the long term viability of Stadia as a platform as it's not getting any great press before going live & any initial system failures could see the project being dropped very quickly.

Still, I'm waiting for October/November with the hope that this release is the one that sucks me back into FM.

9 hours ago, CAGSEN said:

$45 isn't expensive for pre-order?

I'm Turkish and I have to think the exchange rate. I hope the price would be decrease.

Not likely direct from Steam or authorised Sega retailers until the Christmas sales. Your mileage may vary on prices on the non-official retailers who sell the game.

Edited by JordanMillward_1

On 28/08/2019 at 19:16, Hovis Dexter said:

Obviously SI want us to pre-order the game asap.

That movement from SI, is a big red no for me. Of course I will buy the buy the game, but I am not an "apple fan waiting on the line two days before iphone official delivery". Jez, it's a simulation game.

5 hours ago, phd_angel said:

You can throw extra 50€ for 19.3.6 if you need. Not a problem for SI.