now we are at the QFs, who do you think will win the world cup?

decapitated

Who do you think will win the world cup?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think would win the world cup?

• France
    • Belgium
    • Uruguay
    • Brazil
    • Sweden
    • England
    • Croatia
    • Russia

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/18 at 14:00

It's coming, football's coming... to Brazil.

I've said Brazil since the start and stand by that, even with El Divo turning them into a laughing stock. The rest of the team looks well-balanced, and I can't see them falling apart against any of the three remaining teams in their half.

Croatia are my new favourites to win the bottom half now that Spain have gone.

Can't even possibly give an objective opinion anymore with England still in it :D

Therefore the spherical object made from synthetic materials and adorned with the Adidas logo is currently undertaking a familiar trajectory towards a place called home. 

6 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Can't even possibly give an objective opinion anymore with England still in it :D

Therefore the spherical object made from synthetic materials and adorned with the Adidas logo is currently undertaking a familiar trajectory towards a place called home. 

This guy won't let England win:

1522936587441.jpg

Voted Brazil, straight to the cup with timeless classic dull defensive performances. ;)

Don't think it's over though, I think it'll be very close between them and France (a potential Brazil-France semi-final, if it happens, will feel almost like the "real" final, the real decisive match IMO), and the margins are tight enough that even others could emerge. I also think Croatia/England have a better chance than Uruguay/Belgium because they only really need to get lucky in one match and that is the final. One of them will beat each other, once Russia/Sweden are gone (you'd think they'll be gone now in the quarters, but at this stage who knows really), so once one of them is in the final anything can happen.

England will be the Liverpool of this World Cup, they will reach the final, then face a Real Madrid (Brazil) and lose somewhat easily.

3 minutes ago, PMLF said:

England will be the Liverpool of this World Cup, they will reach the final, then face a Real Madrid (Brazil) and lose somewhat easily.

I use Leicester winning the Premier League as the analogy for this tournament. We can either be Leicester or Arsenal.

We could, against all odds win the thing by playing above our abilities and being helped massively by all the big boys failing. Or we could be Arsenal, and despite all the usual big boys having a poor tournament we could still manage to **** it away and be beaten to the punch by a Leicester.

3 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I use Leicester winning the Premier League as the analogy for this tournament. We can either be Leicester or Arsenal.

We could, against all odds win the thing by playing above our abilities and being helped massively by all the big boys failing. Or we could be Arsenal, and despite all the usual big boys having a poor tournament we could still manage to **** it away and be beaten to the punch by a Leicester.

Harder to compare with leagues but yes, Leicester and Arsenal make sense.

Maybe Greece 2004 too, although England are a lot better on paper than that Greek team.

10 hours ago, PMLF said:

Bad comparison. We didn’t lose easily. Maybe if Firmino started over Jesus you’d have been in a SF.

Although I find all the arrogance and haughtiness among their fans thoroughly annoying, I am also starting to think that this is perhaps the tournament of England. Not that I am in any way impressed by their display so far, but everything just seems to go right for them. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Russia win later tonight from Croatia and then completely collapse in the next match against England. A bit like Sweden today. 

1 hour ago, Cedrik said:

Although I find all the arrogance and haughtiness among their fans thoroughly annoying, I am also starting to think that this is perhaps the tournament of England. Not that I am in any way impressed by their display so far, but everything just seems to go right for them. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Russia win later tonight from Croatia and then completely collapse in the next match against England. A bit like Sweden today. 

Second thread I've seen you post a similar sort of comment. What are you basing it upon? If you mean the threads on here and places like Twitter then I think you are missing the fact that the majority of people are just joking around. No-one really believes most of what is being said. It's just been a few jokey comments at the beginning that has snowballed into a big national one as the tournament has gone on.

13 minutes ago, Tony85 said:

Second thread I've seen you post a similar sort of comment. What are you basing it upon? If you mean the threads on here then I think you are missing the fact that the majority of people are just joking around.

That's indeed what everybody is saying (also outside these forums), it's just joking around, it's just banter. But there is definitely a sense of seriousness in it, otherwise people wouldn't be repeating the same joke over and over.

And I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with being arrogant, only stating that I personally feel it's quite annoying and due to all the haughtiness I wouldn't mind to see England being eliminated (not that that will happen of course since it's coming home, but hey ;)). 

4 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

That's indeed what everybody is saying (also outside these forums), it's just joking around, it's just banter. But there is definitely a sense of seriousness in it, otherwise people wouldn't be repeating the same joke over and over.

And I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with being arrogant, only stating that I personally feel it's quite annoying and due to all the haughtiness I wouldn't mind to see England being eliminated (not that that will happen of course since it's coming home, but hey ;)). 

They're finally having the results to back it up, let them enjoy it. :)

11 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

:D

You're such a salty tool. 

We’re really not. People weren’t expecting to get anywhere near the final. Everyone is enjoying the fact that things have gone so well with the draw opening up as the big sides crashed out. If you had a serious conversation with anyone - I don’t think you’d find a single person outside of the deluded diehards who think England are the best team or are playing amazing football.

They are just happy that they are playing as a team and not surrounded by the usual crap that follows the team around competitions. No-one has really expected it to ‘come home’. I really think you are missing the ‘joke’ and fun people are having.

The videos for example are just people trying to outdo each other with an even more stupid / sillier one than the last.

Archived