Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
23 minutes ago, winter57 said:

Italian language still not traduced at 100%

All languages should be complete now if you have the full release version (17.1.1). There will no doubt be the odd missing translation here and there due to errors either game-side or translation side.

Please go to the translation section of the forum and report any issues you find in the appropriate language topic (after reading the opening sticky post)

https://community.sigames.com/forum/520-translation-issues/

1 minute ago, Deadmaninc21 said:

I was just going to ask you guys about those steam reviews. I am worried about purchasing because of it. I trust you guys here more than those steam reviews, so thumbs up or thumbs down on FM17?

Steam reviews are apparently a sizeable group of Chinese people reviewing it poorly for reasons I am unsure of - maybe language based.

Game is great at the moment

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Deadmaninc21 said:

I was just going to ask you guys about those steam reviews. I am worried about purchasing because of it. I trust you guys here more than those steam reviews, so thumbs up or thumbs down on FM17?

Yeah there's been a large number of Chinese users downvoting the game due to the fact the Chinese language wasn't due to be added. It's being added now. I would take the word of folks here plus from the reviews thread to get an idea - https://community.sigames.com/topic/385918-football-manager-2017-reviews/

And the demo is out as well if you want to see for yourself. Available via the FM17 Steam page. 

I also seem to have had an issue updating from beta to full, although I'm at work now so can't try the fixes mentioned above.

Another small point but my Steam Achievements haven't all updated either. I've managed to keep a clean sheet and score a goal without taking charge of my first match apparently!

This thread feels rather quiet for this time of year, which I think is a very good sign :D

The only issue I have so far, is the lack of a manager photo being able to be added in game - if anyone has a work around for this, it would be greatly appreciated?

1 minute ago, stevemc said:

This thread feels rather quiet for this time of year, which I think is a very good sign :D

The only issue I have so far, is the lack of a manager photo being able to be added in game - if anyone has a work around for this, it would be greatly appreciated?

I think Neil said you add a photo for your manager the same way you can add custom photos for players and staff, just need to find out your manager's ID in the game then so you can name the photo.

2 hours ago, Kazza said:

Question: One of my elder players was home sick so I agreed that he could have extended leave? A month or two later he is still at the club and complains that I have not sanctioned his move away from the club. However, under the Transfer>Offer to Clubs there is no facility to offer him to clubs from his county of origin> Am I  missing something? Nor is there any other method of sending him home? The press have asked me and I have responded positively to letting him go, confused am I

Cheers

Before this gets lost in the thread can anyone help. Is it a bug or am I missing something.

25 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

I think Neil said you add a photo for your manager the same way you can add custom photos for players and staff, just need to find out your manager's ID in the game then so you can name the photo.

OK thanks, I'll check that out.

1 hour ago, Anaconda Vice said:

Steam reviews are apparently a sizeable group of Chinese people reviewing it poorly for reasons I am unsure of - maybe language based.

Game is great at the moment

looks like there on workshop now 60 items in language called simplified chinese

4 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

Just trying this now, looks like you have to create them from scratch as the FM16 views won't import.

Feared that sadly .... wasn't sure it manually moving the files over might work

1 hour ago, Gorando said:

I'm browsing the editor and it seems all the team's nicknames have been deleted

In general terms, modifying club names through lnc files will see the respective nicknames removed, which is why it is preferable for club name changes to be done through editor data files, with which this issue does not surface. The drawback for using this method is that it can only be applied before starting a new save game. Sort it out SI!

For obvious licensing reason, not more can be said on these official forums. Hope I've managed to toe the party line, mods ;) 

54 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

Please let us know if this works.

Intrigued about the graphics capabilities this year.  Have they been upgraded massively because when playing and using "preferred graphics for my pc" the game says mine are three stars and it places me on medium graphics.  FM16 capability was very high because I got the card deliberately.  My card is a 1279MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX570.

What is the thinking behind no Twitter auto-updates with FM17?

I thought maybe that it had just not been activated in the Beta, but it would seem that it's not working in the full game either. (There has not yet been a single FM17 auto update on Twitter). 

[Edit]

I tell a lie. @FalseTen has just posted the first auto-updates by the look of it. 

[Edit2]

Actually there are some out there, but they are tiny in number.

4 hours ago, Kazza said:

Question: One of my elder players was home sick so I agreed that he could have extended leave? A month or two later he is still at the club and complains that I have not sanctioned his move away from the club. However, under the Transfer>Offer to Clubs there is no facility to offer him to clubs from his county of origin> Am I  missing something? Nor is there any other method of sending him home? The press have asked me and I have responded positively to letting him go, confused am I

Cheers

Kazza, I don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think this is the correct pace to post it. I believe you'll have better luck if you open a thread.

I've been playing the BETA version with no issues but today I've tried loading up the game and I'm just stuck on the 'Preparing to Launch FM 2017' steam pop-up, any ideas? I've downloaded and can use the Editor no issue but not the full game!

1 minute ago, Chesters86 said:

I've been playing the BETA version with no issues but today I've tried loading up the game and I'm just stuck on the 'Preparing to Launch FM 2017' steam pop-up, any ideas? I've downloaded and can use the Editor no issue but not the full game!

I would try and verify your game cache (info on this in the faq pinned at the top of the forums) ...

45 minutes ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Intrigued about the graphics capabilities this year.  Have they been upgraded massively because when playing and using "preferred graphics for my pc" the game says mine are three stars and it places me on medium graphics.  FM16 capability was very high because I got the card deliberately.  My card is a 1279MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX570.

Just crank the settings up manually and see if it stutters. The star rating is at best a guide, you don't have to follow it. For what it's worth - even my GTX 1070 doesn't get five stars which suggests the rating is not very accurate. 

Possible 2 bugs (sorry no save game)

1. Started as Arsenal in the Beta, disabled transfer in first window. didn't get any money to spend in Jan window??                          
  2. again as Arsenal in the Beta, out of the transfer window had agreed the purchase of Griezmann (for under his min release clause), got bored of constantly accepting weekly extensions for A.Madrid to buy a replacement so i cancelled and went to buy for over his release clause but could not disable the 'wait for replacement option'.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Surely A.Madrid would ask to delay for 3 months to find replacement, also why would i have to accept the 'find replacement option' when i met his min fee release (pay full amount up front)

3 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

No as they consider everything before as work towards else.  I believe going forward there will be patch notes now the game is compete

Thanks for your reply.

I will rephrase my question - can anyone from SI share if there have been any ME changes from BETA to full release?

2 minutes ago, Revans said:

Thanks for your reply.

I will rephrase my question - can anyone from SI share if there have been any ME changes from BETA to full release?

They confirmed there was in the 600MB patch a few days ago.  They won't  list them though, no idea about the patch last night. 

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, Revans said:

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your questions and comments,

There was an update to the ME when we updated the PRB on Monday the 31st of October, which is the same ME that was for release, however the PRB got early access to this of course :)

I hope that you continue to enjoy FM17 :)

If you have any issues or any problems with the ME, simply head over to our part of the forum and review the pinned reporting guidelines and someone will be able to help.

Cheers,

Nic

21 minutes ago, Nic Madden said:

Thanks for your questions and comments,

There was an update to the ME when we updated the PRB on Monday the 31st of October, which is the same ME that was for release, however the PRB got early access to this of course :)

I hope that you continue to enjoy FM17 :)

If you have any issues or any problems with the ME, simply head over to our part of the forum and review the pinned reporting guidelines and someone will be able to help.

Cheers,

Nic

Perfect!

Thanks for that.

My 3-5-2 which was working beautifully, isn't anymore and now I'm not sure it's because I got promoted or because of the ME changes. Or both.

I suspect I may have been exploiting slightly some balancing issues with the previous version of the ME.

Further details:

• SI Staff
Just now, noikeee said:

My 3-5-2 which was working beautifully, isn't anymore and now I'm not sure it's because I got promoted or because of the ME changes. Or both.

I suspect I may have been exploiting slightly some balancing issues with the previous version of the ME.

Further details:

Hey noikeee, 

There were no ME changes whatsoever between the beta and release. Both run with ME 17000.

Cheers,
Seb.

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I know, I'm referring to the ME update of a few days ago. ;)

Fair enough. Had a quick look at the thread you linked and I wouldn't say the issues highlighted there are directly related to changes made between MEs. As you say yourself, the main culprit may be the promotion. If you spot any ME bugs/oddities please do post them in the ME bugs forum, otherwise good luck! If it helps I'm using a 3-5-2 myself, with intermittent success.

Just started - really like the new... skin?  Clean, composed and useful info all on the screen at the read. 

I like the new promises bit prior to starting contract negotiations - adds a new wrinkle/strategy, but it is yet one more thing of which to keep track.

I like the social media thing - would love to see fan responses and such expanded in a future patch or something.

Haven't gotten into a match yet, so I've not seen the ME.

So far, so good SI!

17 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Fair enough. Had a quick look at the thread you linked and I wouldn't say the issues highlighted there are directly related to changes made between MEs. As you say yourself, the main culprit may be the promotion. If you spot any ME bugs/oddities please do post them in the ME bugs forum, otherwise good luck! If it helps I'm using a 3-5-2 myself, with intermittent success.

Thanks, that's helpful to clear it up. Think that's a first a dev has commented on my tactics. :D

4 hours ago, Deadmaninc21 said:

some review about the game... 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/nov/02/football-manager-2017-review-the-best-in-the-series-but-only-for-dedicated-fans?CMP=fb_a-football_b-gdnfootball

It depends you are core player or not. You can download demo to have a try first.

Archived