Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kandersson said:

I know it's very minor stuff to most users, but the regen faces issue and slightly wrong format of Piaui state league in Brazil are a big disappointment for me and my potential save. Both raised and acknowledged during Beta. A few data issues in Italian leagues also raised and acknowledged still not fixed (wrong preferred foot for a few players).

Yep, regen faces issue is ruining the experience a little for me and knowing that the format is wrong in one or two nations is disappointing.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Just deleted my cache and preferences folders to fix another issue, all views all gone. :(

Yeah if you deleted your cache they would be I'm afraid. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

So I just had my assistant manager win Players manager of the year , with me coming 3rd :p

tL59YNL.png

Reveal hidden contents

Did you holiday through matches per chance? If so, it's not a bug. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

1 pre season friendly, and I mean even if it was a competitive match , how can an AM get a manager of the year award for managing 1 match :idiot: ?

Yep, a bug then I'm afraid. Please do raise a thread and ideally a save game just before the award is given if you've got one. Thanks. 

Really disappointed that there isn't any option to load your own photo into the game.  I uploaded a third party face pack and it looks absolutely brilliant.  1000's of player faces and you scroll through the teams and there are photos for managers, players even physios, it really adds to the game and yet the one person who doesn't have a photo and is represented by a really bizarre 3d image that looks nothing like me is me!!!   Why fix something that wasn't broken?!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Really disappointed that there isn't any option to load your own photo into the game.  I uploaded a third party face pack and it looks absolutely brilliant.  1000's of player faces and you scroll through the teams and there are photos for managers, players even physios, it really adds to the game and yet the one person who doesn't have a photo and is represented by a really bizarre 3d image that looks nothing like me is me!!!   Why fix something that wasn't broken?!

You should be able to add your own manager photo in much the same way the player photos work?

5 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

You can add your own manager photo in much the same way the player photos work.

I'll do some searching on how then, thanks Lucas.  Can I just ask as to why the option isn't there like last year?  It just seems odd that you just can't have two options, one for 3d and one to just upload a photo.  I mean the old manual way of doing it was still fiddly and the photo always kept vanishing.  At least last years option meant the photo was always there.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I can't launch the manual. Either from the start-up screen or when the game has been loaded. 

[Edit]

It also won't open in steam

What happens when you try to do so? Do you get some kind of error message? 

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

The in-game Editor now has the alternative to force players out on loan AND it allows me to edit the conditions of the loan deal. The main reason for why I eventually end up frustrated and stops playing the game can finally be by-passed. :)

3 minutes ago, Timych said:

Is there any chance to re-introduce loyalty discount at some point? Sadly, missed the deadline.

Given what the loyalty discount was, probably not, but keep your eye on possible sales. There's usually one on Steam around Christmas, for instance.

3 minutes ago, Turbodave222 said:

Guys, is it normal that it still says its the beta version in my fm when i play it? even if its already fully released now?

No, I'd quit the game, close Steam, and reopen Steam. It should force the update.

3 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

No, I'd quit the game, close Steam, and reopen Steam. It should force the update.

Strange, i always close fm and steam and my laptop every evening after playing, and restart when i come home from work. Since when it stopped being beta version? i play every evening after work

7 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

So I just had my assistant manager win Players manager of the year , with me coming 3rd :p

tL59YNL.png

Hide contents

(yes I'll post a bug report in the morning)

Or maybe you've been holidaying through matches and leaving them to your assistant

25 minutes ago, -Ironhide- said:

Or maybe you've been holidaying through matches and leaving them to your assistant

If you step back for a second you should -

A: Be able to read my exchange with Neil

B: See that he has been credited with managing 1 match in the above image

But just for you're benefit after your fantastix input..... I holidayed 1 pre season friendly , he's credited with managing 1 game ( one that shouldn't even count) and even if I'd holidayed half the season , an AM winning manager of the year is completely unheard of. 

There's a secondary issue with manager points as well.

You can see I have 90 for a win ratio of 62% and the Partick manager has 250 for a 52% win rate. 

A couple of suggestions after getting a quick overview:

Graphic detail presets (more custom options needed)

I couldn't find the config files stored as for FM 2017, but as previous there must be files stored somewhere that set the details for the presets. Like this, opened with an editor

6bF2MUO.jpg

Higher levels had heavy levels of anti-aliasing and several more set up to high levels, which bogs down lower end cards, onboard and laptop solutions mostly considerably, as the lower end models typically lack the memory bandwidth to support those. You cannot adjust those out of the game still, which means outside of manual edits to the config files the trade-off was switching to a lower detail preset, which would lower details across the board. Medium detail textures, medium detail meshes, medium detail crowds, medium details everything. Something as heavy on the system as filters, anti-aliasing options and shader detail should arguably be able to be configured in-game. In particular considering that the majority of players don't play FM on anything approaching gaming machines.

The down-side of having ever more detailed match analysis tools

In the worthwile pursuit of having more details to the match analysis tools, FM 2017 once again saw an increase in work needed to get to the smallest of things. I don't know how this fully compares to the actually tools used in analysis, but if you compare to what was in there prior to the Prozone deals, there was simple clicks to be made to access and view everything. Want to view a pass a player made? Click on the passing category (one click), click on the player (one click), and the dot (one click). Now you have to click onto the category (one click), chose a sub category (one click), click onto the dot (one click) and chose whether you actually want to view the incident or whether you want to view incidents connected to the incidents (another click). While those are nice tools to have and much more advanced than previous, for the most part and optionally more simpler and more accessible analysis may do. In particular as the game still doesn't make any kind of distinction itself where shots are coming from, open play or set pieces, and you'd have to manually trawl through all of these shots yourself, which on previous could be quite click-intensive already but worth keeping an eye on, as a heavy number of shots from set pieces typically pointed to a tactical issue: your tactics severely struggling to break down a defense.

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yes I can. 

When I try to launch the manual via the game i get the following messaged.

"Google Chrome is unresponsive. Relaunch now?"

When you yes, nothing happens. 

When you click no, nothing happens. 

Thanks for the link though. That will do for the time being. :thup:

7 hours ago, CFuller said:

I really do hope that is true. I was thinking about steering clear of England and going elsewhere for my big FM17 save, but that might change my plans. A Dafuge challenge with my hometown club could well be possible now.

I'm managing Hornchurch they aren't in the feeder leagues top divisions.

7 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

I'm managing Hornchurch they aren't in the feeder leagues top divisions.

Ah yes, they're in the Isthmian North, aren't they? I was very surprised when you mentioned in the Dafuge challenge thread that they moved up to the National South.

Hornchurch is only a 10-minute drive from my local club Romford. I'm planning on holidaying a couple of seasons and seeing if Romford come up at some point. Their reputation will be extremely low, though, so I might be reloading for quite a long time - and quite possibly in vain! :lol:

I know it isn't the place but I don't know where else to ask. I have a real name fix and it's all good, but brasilian teams in my game have just thre letter names and completely wrong team colours. For example Santos is blue and is called SAN..an so on..can anyone point me in the right direction for the fix for this? Real names fix that I have obviously doesn't help with brasilian league. And Betis is still Real Hispalis even with the fix I have..everything else is good.

5 minutes ago, JWVG said:

I wouldl like to hear an official statement from SI regarding the Steam reviews. I mean come on...

What can they say like ? a huge number of Chinese gamers decided to block negative review the game over some vauge corms Miles made.  Steam won't change or remove them so. ....it is what it is.  

It sucks for SI but it doesn't need a statement

I made a profile and set up all my startup preferences / settings with the beta, and the save itself carried over entirely to the full version, but upon starting a new save I've noticed only a randomly selected half of the startup preferences / settings carried over, and none of my appearance, nor my league choices did at all. For example, my main nationality is correct, but my birthplace is gone, my birth month is correct, but the birthday is not, etc. After fixing that I had to reselect all the playable leagues and everything, and I also have to redo my 3D face which is a bit of a pain. Is this just a symptom of going from beta to full, or did I do something wrong, or is this just unusual? Is there perhaps a way to go and retrieve those settings from the save? Is there a way to save a game after I've done all the settings but before I've picked a club, that way if I want to start a new save I can load that up and then choose a new side without having to redo all the setup? I really don't want to have to go through all these motions each time I start a new game...

3 minutes ago, luka_ said:

I know it isn't the place but I don't know where else to ask. I have a real name fix and it's all good, but brasilian teams in my game have just thre letter names and completely wrong team colours. For example Santos is blue and is called SAN..an so on..can anyone point me in the right direction for the fix for this? Real names fix that I have obviously doesn't help with brasilian league. And Betis is still Real Hispalis even with the fix I have..everything else is good.

The fix doesn't work regarding Brazil with ongoing saves , only new ones. 

Question: One of my elder players was home sick so I agreed that he could have extended leave? A month or two later he is still at the club and complains that I have not sanctioned his move away from the club. However, under the Transfer>Offer to Clubs there is no facility to offer him to clubs from his county of origin> Am I  missing something? Nor is there any other method of sending him home? The press have asked me and I have responded positively to letting him go, confused am I

Cheers

Just trying the demo, two questions: 

1. Can I select which players I want my DoF to negotiate new contracts with?

2. I see in the FM Touch DLC there is the ability to mask attributes, I cant see anywhere in the demo that lets me mask all  players attributes in the game (Id rather judge myself from the match engine,  or feedback from scout report, coach reports ect) Is there no way to mask all player attributes in the full game?

Thanks

Also, no matter what American city I list as my birthplace it still always shows Washington D.C. once the game has begun. Is it defaulting to the capital as a bug or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Turbodave222 said:

Strange, i always close fm and steam and my laptop every evening after playing, and restart when i come home from work. Since when it stopped being beta version? i play every evening after work

There is an option in steam to keep games updated all the time make sure you didn't changed it by anyway.

go over steam ---> libary ---> mouse right click over football manager 2017 and select properties ---> go to updates tab ---> below automatic updates it should be on always keep this game up to date.

if you already knew it, sorry just wanted to make sure you are aware of it (and as someone mentioned here before, it requires to quit the game and steam in order for the game to update).

So far so good, FM17 looking like a slightly more polished FM16, game seems to load quicker too. Now of course before I can even click Continue I need to redo all my custom screens etc, download some community add-ons, procrastinate over what team I will manager, then overanalyse and procrastinate over who I will transfer list or sign in the new team. I should be ready by Sunday night by my estimation :D

Enjoying it so far. Feels way smoother than last year. Social feed is a nice addition, but becomes soooooooo repetitive even after a few weeks game time. Really hoping they juice it up in FM18. I was really excited initially, but after a few rounds, the answers are all the same and the patterns go around in circles. Hope SI can massively improve this area next year. It really is an awesome feature.

ME is much smoother and players movements and reactions feel more organic. I do see lots of goals come via crosses still though, but not saying its overpowered or anything as of yet. Perhaps FM16 scarred me. Will continue to monitor this portion of the ME.

I like the new staff feedback UI and how it pops up in my news feed instead of the old boring backroom advice tab. Really is much easier and quicker to follow advice from my staff. Well done guys.

Liking the new commentary lines which were added finally after years. Improves the realism for me personally

Stadiums still need work (3D) Would of loved to see lower league stadiums redesigned and more variation is needed. EPL stadiums are way off. I know there is obviously licencing issues, but would of liked to see the Devs design each EPL stadium to as close as its real life counterpart. REALLY hoping SI can allow us amateur modders to design our own stadiums in future FM's. Would make a huge difference to the match day experience. 

Sounds: Used to the same sounds year in year out and its quite disappointing SI hasn't even slightly improved the sounds. I obviously just mute them now since they are so old and stale, but would definitely like to see heaps of new sounds added in future to match lower league crowds, and obviously higher league chants. Nothing team specific due to licencing ofcourse, but way better and improved generic chants would be nice. Playing in a stadium in the South African First Division (second tier) with a capacity of 250, and hearing loud chants and yells is very depressing. Ruins the match day experience.

Speed of the game is awesome and I love this. Even with 130k players loaded, feels like I can get through my games way quicker and this is good to see.

ME is the best I have ever seen it on release day. Finally don't have to wait until February to see a polished game (minus FM16). Big thanks to SI for making this possible.

I like that SI have not made massive changes to the game. People complaining its a DLC need to take a step back here and realise that if massive changes are made every single year, I assume the balance of the game would be off completely. The idea of large features being added every year sounds awesome on paper, but when attempted to be included in game, getting the balance right is a hard task. Trust the devs. I am sure they are looking at improving the game as much as we do.

Thats it for now. Back to my save

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

Ah yes, they're in the Isthmian North, aren't they? I was very surprised when you mentioned in the Dafuge challenge thread that they moved up to the National South.

Hornchurch is only a 10-minute drive from my local club Romford. I'm planning on holidaying a couple of seasons and seeing if Romford come up at some point. Their reputation will be extremely low, though, so I might be reloading for quite a long time - and quite possibly in vain! :lol:

I pretty clueless when it comes to use of the editor because I never use it, but I think I know of a workaround for this that others have used in the dafuge thread in the past. 

I think what happened is that they edited the reputation of the club to a high level so that they would get promoted, (it's reputation that is the significant factor in who gets promoted from non-playable leagues), and then once the club of your choice has been promoted, you edit the reputation back to what it was before the edit, and fill your boots.

Archived