Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

I only have two questions so far,

1) when in Europe how come you can't select the under 18s who have come through system anymore?

2) Value of the Bournemouth players after relegation, WIlson sold for 2.5 Mil now worth 7.5Mil, Ritchie sold 1.6 Million, Gradel sold 1.9 Million, but trying to sign Bishop from Ipswich in League 1 cost 7+ million, could this be a issue or right?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There shouldn't be offside mistakes in a video game though, regardless of how "realistic" it might be.

Mistakes are fine but it "feels" like its happening too often. Might be a conference league thing. In previous games I saw it maybe once a season but I'm only in october and I've noticed quite a few sketchy ones already.

Can't read 14 pages...but a couple of observations if they've not been addressed already:

When offering a staff member a job, being able to see their interest in all job roles (as previously). Especially when you want to employ a guy as a youth team coach, but you have to assign them each role individually to see what their interest in.

Also, the fuzzy background thing, can that be turned off? IT's pretty minor, but irritating if (for example) setting a nickname for a player/staff member (as i do on all my scouts with their JPA and JCA i.e. D Platt (15 16), difficult when the background is unnecessarily fuzzy.

Has anyone managed to get an unemployed staff member to agree to a role other than the one first populated on the contract offer?

Even when he has other staff roles named, and appears as interested and very interested in the role you want to offer, he counter offers and eventually puts what he wants to non-negotiable. This was something I was hoping would be improved from FM 15.

edit: It does happen, had somebody who originally wanted an u18 coach role accept u21 physio.

There shouldn't be offside mistakes in a video game though, regardless of how "realistic" it might be.

Of course they should be in FM! I would love to see even more mistakes by the refs. Thats what football is about, all the emotions, i want to sit here and be upset about the f..referee! As i stated in another thread, ref mistakes are a very important feature in FM. They make the game much more authentic and bring emotions and life to it!

Of course they should be in FM! I would love to see even more mistakes by the refs. Thats what football is about, all the emotions, i want to sit here and be upset about the f..referee! As i stated in another thread, ref mistakes are a very important feature in FM. They make the game much more authentic and bring emotions and life to it!

I agree. As long as you or AI managers have the option of talking about this to the press, like they do in real life, I will be happy.

My team instructions are to close down much more,

When i click my wingers/attacking midfielders PI they're set on close down less & i can't change this.

Can someone explain why please?

Because "close down less" suits the roles that you have given the players.

If you want them to close down more, then think about changing the role/duty.

Just for the record, my left winger is a W(a) and I can instruct him to "close down more".

My right winger is a W(s) and I can also instruct him to "close down more".

My closing down as a team was already on "close down more".

If I change the team closing down to "much more" and then go back to the player instructions for my wingers....

Then it is now not possible to get them to "close down more".

I think I get this.

The overall team instruction is the maximum closing down and the word used to describe is "relentless".

With that in mind, you then can't ask a player to go and close down more than they are already doing, which is the max.

Unless of course you can still ask other positions to close down more.

Just for the record, my left winger is a W(a) and I can instruct him to "close down more".

If I change the team closing down to "much more" and then go back to the player instructions for my wingers....

I think I get this.

The overall team instruction is the maximum closing down and the word used to describe is "relentless".

With that in mind, you then can't ask a player to go and close down more than they are already doing, which is the max.

I miss previous FM tactics where you could change what you want :(

I think I get this.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, i can still instruct other players on the pitch to close down more, just not my wingers for some reason.

However, after changing the team instruction to close down more to close down some times I am now able to manually instruct my wingers to close down more as i wished to do.

Thanks very much for the help.

Hello! I have been trying to report a huge discomfort and I am very surprised how this hasnt been discovered from the previous game and not fixed. The link below if you watch 0.40-0.42, you will see unnecessary 'description'. We sleep and wake up with this game. I believe that we need 'important attributes' more than description since we need 'description' only if we need to know what it is. When we buy players or bring new players from Under21-Under19, it is a big hassle every time to click 'important attributes' to see if the player if fit to that position and role. Please when we click on a player, make the 'important attributes' first to show up and 'description' as 2. Every time it kills the passion and such a discomfort! Please make it more convenient. Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you are working on improvements about this!!

ps: I know it saves the tab so it remains each time i click on another player BUT when you go to squad or finance or etc and come back to tactics screen 'Description' is again the first to come up! I expect more convenience by making 'Important attributes' first

Please watch 0.40-0.42

Babur

Thanks for the response.

Yes, i can still instruct other players on the pitch to close down more, just not my wingers for some reason.

However, after changing the team instruction to close down more to close down some times I am now able to manually instruct my wingers to close down more as i wished to do.

Thanks very much for the help.

That just takes you back to square 1, as Jimbokav explained.

At first, you had the entire team at maximum closing down.

Now, you have the entire team closing down slightly less than the first effort, but your wide players are now back to maximum.

Now, you have the entire team closing down slightly less than the first effort, but your wide players are now back to maximum.

I have had to set each players closing down individualy.. which seems to be the only way i can get it done how i wish.

Why is the earliest we can now start the game in Scotland July 4th, last year we could start in June 21st ( I thnk ), so now we are losing 3 weeks pre season training and friendlies, it's impossible to cram enough friendlies in before the season kicks off.

So, I'm just loading up the beta for the first time. Initial thoughts...

1. Manager creator. Wow. Just...wow. I imagine this is what I may look like...when I'm buried.

2. I've set up the tutorial as "expert" so it shows me what is new. However, when I hover over one of the yellow circles, it fades out but doesn't show me any information. When I stop hovering, the yellow circle comes back. If I click it, it just disappears. How do I see what it has to say?

3. Like how I can choose my languages now. Always thought it was funny that FM assumed I could speak French because I choose a Canadian nationality even though I live 4,500+ km away from the French speaking part of the country.

Haven't got passed the basic first screen so far. I was mainly just wanting to ask about the tutorial circles.

Why is the earliest we can now start the game in Scotland July 4th, last year we could start in June 21st ( I thnk ), so now we are losing 3 weeks pre season training and friendlies, it's impossible to cram enough friendlies in before the season kicks off.

You're still able to select "First Matches in 2015/16 Europa League" which starts the game on 25 June.

2. I've set up the tutorial as "expert" so it shows me what is new. However, when I hover over one of the yellow circles, it fades out but doesn't show me any information. When I stop hovering, the yellow circle comes back. If I click it, it just disappears. How do I see what it has to say?
You're supposed to hover the mouse cursor over the circles only. Clicking them will make them disappear.

If you find some that do not show you info when you hover over them, please report it.

When I click on any of my players they have some of their attributes highlighted. For example if my assistant manager suggests that my player should be played as a Poacher then the player will have Poachers' attributes highlighted. When I select Clear Selected Role from the drop down menu the attributes aren't highlighted any more, but when I click for example on my Tactics and when I click back on that same player he will have those attributes highlighted again and I don't want that. Is there any way that it becomes permanent when I select on Clear Selected Role? And if I want those attributes to be highlighted again I can always choose that option from the drop down menu, but having to select Clear Selected Role every time I click on any of my players is really pain in the back.

Anyone ? It really annoys me.

You're supposed to hover the mouse cursor over the circles only. Clicking them will make them disappear.

If you find some that do not show you info when you hover over them, please report it.

Figured as much.

• SI Staff

The nation start dates are still being worked on and the dates should be tweaked a bit for the full release of FM16.

It's a pretty horribly implemented system. When you have someone on maximum closing down it shouldn't say 'sometimes' on their instructions screen. It should be a scale from rarely to often which then indicates where the individual player is on that scale. The unavailable part of the scale could then be greyed out. That's the point of visual representation, to make it clear what it is you're asking the player to do. This just makes it even more confusing.

Anybody found out how to do this?

You can't (unfortunately). This is an intentional bit of "streamlining", given that FMT is a "streamlined" mode. However, it slows things up for me as I have to Clear them out before each match. My preference is to add an option in a sort of Staff Responsibilities section for FMT to allow users to decide whether or not to enable the auto-application of OIs.

It's a pretty horribly implemented system. When you have someone on maximum closing down it shouldn't say 'sometimes' on their instructions screen. It should be a scale from rarely to often which then indicates where the individual player is on that scale. The unavailable part of the scale could then be greyed out. That's the point of visual representation, to make it clear what it is you're asking the player to do. This just makes it even more confusing.

Tbh, I don't like it either. I've reported it elsewhere myself for being confusing. I know what it means, but the text descriptions are confusing to the general user. I'm not sure if it will be possible to change though.

You can't (unfortunately). This is an intentional bit of "streamlining", given that FMT is a "streamlined" mode. However, it slows things up for me as I have to Clear them out before each match. My preference is to add an option in a sort of Staff Responsibilities section for FMT to allow users to decide whether or not to enable the auto-application of OIs.

I really hope they do this. Now I do the same as you, clearing them out manually before each match (if I don't forget this step). Really annoying and probably very quick to fix by SI. Would it help if someone filed this as a bug?

I really hope they do this. Now I do the same as you, clearing them out manually before each match (if I don't forget this step). Really annoying and probably very quick to fix by SI. Would it help if someone filed this as a bug?

It was raised, yes.

For example Kazaiah Sterling in the spurs under 18 can't play unless registered in Europe, is that a new rule because on previous edition you could pick the players you didn't sign but youth players who were candidates rather than signings

With hindsight, a better option would be not to have a "Clear" option in the OIs screen, but a cleared out set of OIs in the first instance and a "Use Assistant Advice" button instead. I've logged a FMT wishlist request to that effect.

For example Kazaiah Sterling in the spurs under 18 can't play unless registered in Europe, is that a new rule because on previous edition you could pick the players you didn't sign but youth players who were candidates rather than signings

For the last few versions there have been limits on the unregistered players you can play in Europe to better reflect the B List registration - Players need to be 16 and have been at the club for two years, so it's possible the player in question hasn't completed the full time required to play without being registered (generally happens to players who have been poached from other academies).

• SI Staff

Thanks, we will have a look into what is happening in such a situation.

Another minor thing - I am playing in the Conference North and am into the second round of the FA Trophy. The calander said the draw for the second round was on the Monday after the first round games. This has not happened. I am now at the following Saturday and still no draw. I recall something similar in FM15 and the draw came later - hoping for the same thing here.

Edit - Draw just taken place on the Saturday I was on, in the evening after the days league games.

Im having a problem getting a game played. I've tried 3 times to play my 1st preseason friendly and the game crashes everytime. I'm sure this will be fixed in the final version but pissed off as i paid a bit more to get the early access version but can't play it.

Using a iMac running El Capitan with a download bought through amazon.

Im having a problem getting a game played. I've tried 3 times to play my 1st preseason friendly and the game crashes everytime. I'm sure this will be fixed in the final version but pissed off as i paid a bit more to get the early access version but can't play it.

Using a iMac running El Capitan with a download bought through amazon.

Report your issue, please. It may be specific to your system.

Link: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/514-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-Mac-or-Linux

Thanks, we will have a look into what is happening in such a situation.

Looking at his history, he is recorded as having joined Spurs the day before game creation date, whereas other Spurs players on youth contracts just have 2014 as join date. He must be treated as a new signing and therefore seen as ineligible in Europe without being registered. Potentially a data issue?

edit: a bit of research shows he only joined Spurs this year, therefore it's accurate that he would be ineligible if not registered.

Just gone through the 3rd year of Golden Ball (Ballon d'Or) nominations.

Number of GK's nominated for shortlist over 3 year period....... 0

In the last 3 years IRL only Neuer (3 times) and Courtois in 2014 have been nominated for the 23 man shortlist.

FM picks the nominees through a combination of reputation and average rating over the year. With Neuer being the only really high rep keeper and it not being possible for keepers to get as high average ratings as outfielders it's not surprising there aren't any nominees. Maybe FM needs to include a token nomination for these kind of awards for keepers but it's not exactly the most important or unrealistic issue with the game.

Please do a check how overvalued the players become in a couple of years, its getting ridicoulous, something is wrong here. Sim 5-6 years and check the value of some of the players , they have very low match ratings and very low match games stats (and some have not top notch attributes either) and still they became very high valued. Yes i know that that the market is inflated in real Life but check this out its completley out of order.

Archived