Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

I'm honestly just glad I'm happy with the update :lol:

You and me both... but it really does take some perspective from people to see improvement on a game like this... it's just once massive game of 'the grass is greener' on several hundred levels..

Some will love the more realistic injuries, some will find them over the top...

Some will love the changes to defending, some will find they are winning/losing more and hate them..

Just the way it is, and always will be..

The difference is, FM users want the game to be perfect now (as do we all) and it's an impossible challenge

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Roma's Under 20 squad there are 2 players named Pepin, but it seems there is the same player doubled, with different stats =))) maybe the people doing the research were unsure of what position he's playing and decided to make 2 players out of him =)) he's dubbed the new yaya toure irl

Pep_n_Overview_Profile_2.png

Pep_n_Overview_Profile.png

as i said earlier i was finding it difficult to get a tactic going for me like in 15.2.1, after 1 and a half seasons game time i've finally found a tactic working for my current squad, i can enjoy the game again now

however as said in this thread before, injuries do seem a bit OTT, i finish pre-season and then all of a sudden 5 players are out for 2 months?

i'm not an idiot though and i am looking into my training regime and seeing if that's the cause, but it is the same training before the update and i barely got many injuries, i expect injuries we all do but they do seem a little bit extreme atm, this isn't a phase either it's happened for over 1 and a half seasons with 2 different teams,

all in all though good work

At Roma's Under 20 squad there are 2 players named Pepin, but it seems there is the same player doubled, with different stats =))) maybe the people doing the research were unsure of what position he's playing and decided to make 2 players out of him =)) he's dubbed the new yaya toure irl

If you have a data issue.. please report here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/430-Football-Manager-2015-Data-Issues

And please see my previous reply to you concerning spam/pointless posts here.. many thanks.

as i said earlier i was finding it difficult to get a tactic going for me like in 15.2.1, after 1 and a half seasons game time i've finally found a tactic working for my current squad, i can enjoy the game again now

however as said in this thread before, injuries do seem a bit OTT, i finish pre-season and then all of a sudden 5 players are out for 2 months?

i'm not an idiot though and i am looking into my training regime and seeing if that's the cause, but it is the same training before the update and i barely got many injuries, i expect injuries we all do but they do seem a little bit extreme atm, this isn't a phase either it's happened for over 1 and a half seasons with 2 different teams,

all in all though good work

Glad you seem to be getting to grips with it again.. if the issue with injuries still seems a bit OTT, please report it with details in the bug section, will all help to see if it's an issue or not for SI.

Thanks.

Is it happening to AI teams too? If not, then it is either bad luck or something you are doing in training (as you note). Probably a mixture of the two. For me, I have been going through a long preseason and I have yet to have a single injury, which is likely down to good luck and light training!

Is it happening to AI teams too? If not, then it is either bad luck or something you are doing in training (as you note). Probably a mixture of the two. For me, I have been going through a long preseason and I have yet to have a single injury, which is likely down to good luck and light training!

This is a good point. In my rather unscientific study I played around a quarter of a season with my pre patch training schedule yesterday. At first I had a major rash of injuries (nine at one point, I had academy kids with one silver star on my bench...) I finally gave the first team a couple days off from training and lightened the load afterwards and by the end of the year I had a fully healthy squad.

The injuries could have been a result of the patch, and the recovery could have been a result of my adjustment or it could just be coincidence...

One day of playing is too early to make conclusive statements.

seems to be, in a few games i've noticed the Ai has made all 3 subs but then had to play with 9 men due to 2 late injuries

i barely go a game now without an injury

It's a shame that things like this were not sorted, I reported this when the game first released and it was acknowledged as a bug and it would be looked at, yet it is still the same.

If you look at the screenshot, when trying to loan players the screen is showing that Lazio is expecting 22.5k a month for the loan, in truth they do not want anything, he is listed for loan and once you set it to '0' they will accept it, you can see in the right column that they do not require any money but at the bottom left it is saying they do, also by default this is set automatically to the monthly payments you will make.

If you do not pay attention to this it will cost you 22.5k a month for this player, this happens a lot, at least in the Italian leagues it happens a lot.

I really thought things like this would have been sorted.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27357670812163631/066C54E8F39FAF396B0983E7B16B68F6493AFC47/

I assume all the bug reports and PKMs from this point on is only for FM16 then?

You are assuming that all the "bugs" are "bugs". I have reported a couple of issues one resolved here one resolved in the appropriate bugs forum. There are so many variables especially with 3rd party skins that may look like a bug but is not necessarily a bug! If it is a bug that they cannot deal with your right FM16 seems to be the way to go. I presume a game breaker would require a hotfix but cannot see it yet!

So far following the advice on here all glitches seem to have been over come. For the record my injuries/scores/players interaction have all levelled out over time.

I will say thank you to the mods and SI team for dealing with the issues promptly and having to deal with unacceptable irrational and quite silly remarks from people who should know better.

New patches need time to bed in: deal with it .........It's football.

I will say I am enjoying the game, I have decided to start a new save with Novara, the team I first played when the game came out.

I was enjoying the football being played in an old save with the update, I really can not complain about much in the ME, yes injuries were there but that is just part and parcel of the game, not sure how many times I actually managed to play back to back games with the same 11 players but it was not many, that seems fine to me.

Also with the shots at goal I never seen anything crazy, in fact I think the most I had was 20 shots at goal.

Now going to work on my new tactic for my long term save, going to call it the 'bunny rabbit', having looked at it for a couple of hours it is really starting to look like a rabbit, maybe something to post in the tactics forum later. ;)

The update has made my game completely and utterly unplayable. The match engine animations are non-existent. Players stand with their arms out like they're playing stuck in the mud on the playground. They keep the same stance as they move about as if skating on ice. It baffles me how this made it through testing.

The update has made my game completely and utterly unplayable. The match engine animations are non-existent. Players stand with their arms out like they're playing stuck in the mud on the playground. They keep the same stance as they move about as if skating on ice. It baffles me how this made it through testing.

Please visit this thread and see if the suggestions offered work for you. A number of users have managed to sort this problem out: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421002-15.3.0-Sliding-Animations-with-arms-outstretched

Please visit this thread and see if the suggestions offered work for you. A number of users have managed to sort this problem out: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421002-15.3.0-Sliding-Animations-with-arms-outstretched

I've gone through everything suggested several times over the last three days and even though the problem has been 'fixed' it reappears when the game gets saved and reloaded back in. Losing heart now.

I'm noticing the players complaining bug a lot also.

4 games into the season, Ander Herrera had played 3 and sat on the bench for one, he complains about gametime. I ignore but play him next one, others in the squad complain because I gave into his demands. (I didn't, I always intended to play him in the next match)

Now 7 games in, Ander has played 5 and came on as a sub in one. He's complaining again.

I also decided to talk to him, but got no options of telling him "to get on with things and let me worry about picking the team", now a key player of mine who I'd expect to play 30 odd games a season wants to leave because he's missed one game.

I'm noticing the players complaining bug a lot also.

4 games into the season, Ander Herrera had played 3 and sat on the bench for one, he complains about gametime. I ignore but play him next one, others in the squad complain because I gave into his demands. (I didn't, I always intended to play him in the next match)

Now 7 games in, Ander has played 5 and came on as a sub in one. He's complaining again.

I also decided to talk to him, but got no options of telling him "to get on with things and let me worry about picking the team", now a key player of mine who I'd expect to play 30 odd games a season wants to leave because he's missed one game.

This kind of think is game-breaking for me, and the silence from SI is deafening....

after the patch settings of the forwards makes no difference if you put defend or support. at least it seems to me, what do you think?

I think you are quite correct, a support duty forward seems to play right up against the center backs now a lot more and a AMR inside forward on attack basically is offside vast majority of the time. I think the so called "fix" for the previous AM-A role positioning problem wasn't fixed so the CF slot has been made to be more attacking to compensate. If you compare the average positions of a support duty forward pre patch to now you will see what I mean.

I think you are quite correct, a support duty forward seems to play right up against the center backs now a lot more and a AMR inside forward on attack basically is offside vast majority of the time. I think the so called "fix" for the previous AM-A role positioning problem wasn't fixed so the CF slot has been made to be more attacking to compensate. If you compare the average positions of a support duty forward pre patch to now you will see what I mean.

Very valid point this. I played a DF S and a CF A and in the last patch they scored quite a few goals and a lot of that was down to the DF S dropping deep and creating space, playing through balls and attacking the box from deep,. Now as you say both strikers seem to play right up against the centre backs so I am now struggling top get them firing as the DF S now almost plays like a DF A (if there was such a thing). I have played around with a few forward roles and they all seem to play in the same area. I might try that DF on a defend duty and see if that helps. Bot of a shame really because my front two were the thing that was working in the last patch!!!

I've gone through everything suggested several times over the last three days and even though the problem has been 'fixed' it reappears when the game gets saved and reloaded back in. Losing heart now.

when

I'm sorry that this is happening to you; it is heartbreaking! I went through a crash issue a few versions back that took forever to resolve and it was gutting. I know that the suggested fix has worked for some, so hopefully he will have some joy, and I feel confident that SI won't leave this unaddressed.

Very valid point this. I played a DF S and a CF A and in the last patch they scored quite a few goals and a lot of that was down to the DF S dropping deep and creating space, playing through balls and attacking the box from deep,. Now as you say both strikers seem to play right up against the centre backs so I am now struggling top get them firing as the DF S now almost plays like a DF A (if there was such a thing). I have played around with a few forward roles and they all seem to play in the same area. I might try that DF on a defend duty and see if that helps. Bot of a shame really because my front two were the thing that was working in the last patch!!!

Can't say I have this issue at all. My setup is built on a support froward dropping into the pocket to release the amcl and Amc while also linking with the cm support.

Can't say I have this issue at all. My setup is built on a support froward dropping into the pocket to release the amcl and Amc while also linking with the cm support.

May I ask what forward role do you play, how do you get your CM A into the box and what formation do you play? I had it bang on in the previous patch but as I say same tactic but the DF S doesn't drop deep as much now...

too many unhappy player about lack of first team player......every week always one or two players complaining. I play with FC Bayern. Alaba, boateng, muller, benatia etc, even rafinha who a rotation squad status complain every week. please fix that. thanx you.....

Alright, so I'll admit to not having read every single post to see if this issue has come up yet, but since the update I haven't been able to go back and forth using the 2 buttons on the side of my mouse, like in a web browser. It may seem like a very small issue, but not having to move the mouse to the back button etc. and just clicking this little button on the side of my mouse was something that made going through player pages and what not a lot easier and faster. I'm not sure why this feature doesn't seem to exist on my game anymore, but I just really want it back! Spending a lot of time on FM, something seemingly small as this saves a ton of time, so it'd be great if it could go back to the way it was.

Seems when i convince a player to sign for me, telling him i intend to gain promotion, as soon as he signs he is unhappy and wants to talk. He then claims i have broken a promise about gaining promotion. This happens literally as soon as he signs.

Anyone else had this issue?

FM 2015 has always been strangely particular about where your mouse pointer is located when trying to use the back button on the mouse , which I know many of us have and use. With the new patch, the screen areas where the back button works has been further restricted, it seems. Now I have to make sure the mouse pointer is at the very top or in the sidebar somewhere, in order to make the mouse back button work. Anyone else seeing this? Win 7 and Logitech Performance MX mouse (and software).

Edit: Had a quick look in the bugs forum, and the issues has already been posted and reviewed. SI is working on it, they say.

Can't seem to find the competition rules regarding continental qualification anymore... Has it been moved?

For cups it shows but not for leagues :s

2ephhnc.png

2lxh0y9.png

I'm seeing the same thing you are with the EPL, LIgue 1, Bundesliga, but strangely enough I see it in the SPL where I am playing :confused:

If you think anything has been broken since the update please take the time to raise it on our bugs forum so we can be made aware of the specific issue and look into it. Thanks.

There's no point Neil because most of the failings happen with third party add-ons and you'll simply say it's not your problem. I recall with the previous update third party 3d kits wouldn't show and you were "forced" to fix it due to the massive outcry. I simply return to the point I made about WHY do things that previously worked not work with the update when the changelist makes no suggestion of this. Surely one of your coders should explain what parameters have changed and therefore it's likely we'll have issues,then for sure most of us would not update until we get assurances as once updated there's no reverting to the previous version. I'm not saying the game is unplayable and the ME has improved,it's just the niggly faults that people in general are having,in my case its skins not displaying correctly and random 3D kits not showing of which neither was a problem until this update but from what I've read on these pages I guess I should be thankful I've not suffered from many of the other reported failings ! Surely you could assign ONE of your beta testers to run exclusively with the most popular add-ons out there and report his findings because for sure I don't know a single FM user that doesn't include at least some third party add-ons in the game. No doubt this debate will run on with both sides digging their heels in,I just hope for Si's sake this will not effect future sales.

I guarantee sales would plummet more if SI had to test all "popular third party skins, kits, logos etc" because they would never release an update, or would have significantly less time to actually develop and test the update on the core, unaltered game, which is what the vast majority actually play.

Well you must be part of an exclusive club then my friend because I don't know a single user of FM that doesn't have at least one third party add-on which invariably would be a skin to replace the dreary default ! I'm only suggesting they use ONE beta tester to run with the most popular add-ons and report his findings then we can be pre-warned and not update until solutions are found,either from Si or the FM community.

Surely one of your coders should explain what parameters have changed and therefore it's likely we'll have issues,then for sure most of us would not update until we get assurances as once updated there's no reverting to the previous version.

Given there are literally millions of lines of code that are written and re-written, I'm not sure it's as simple as saying "we've changed X line of coding, so Y may be affected in this update".

There's no point Neil because most of the failings happen with third party add-ons and you'll simply say it's not your problem. I recall with the previous update third party 3d kits wouldn't show and you were "forced" to fix it due to the massive outcry. I simply return to the point I made about WHY do things that previously worked not work with the update when the changelist makes no suggestion of this. Surely one of your coders should explain what parameters have changed and therefore it's likely we'll have issues,then for sure most of us would not update until we get assurances as once updated there's no reverting to the previous version. I'm not saying the game is unplayable and the ME has improved,it's just the niggly faults that people in general are having,in my case its skins not displaying correctly and random 3D kits not showing of which neither was a problem until this update but from what I've read on these pages I guess I should be thankful I've not suffered from many of the other reported failings ! Surely you could assign ONE of your beta testers to run exclusively with the most popular add-ons out there and report his findings because for sure I don't know a single FM user that doesn't include at least some third party add-ons in the game. No doubt this debate will run on with both sides digging their heels in,I just hope for Si's sake this will not effect future sales.

Considering that their beta testers failed to notice that 15.2.1 rebroke a previous fix for saving time, I seriously doubt they have enough to devote one to modding. I completely agree that they should, for a game series that has prided itself on modibility and community involvement over the years, some of what has come up in the past months is extremely worrying to say the least.

At this point in time I've decided that FM16 is extremely unlikely to be worth money for until at least this time next year, if at all, as patching simply hasn't been up to scratch this time around. It's all well and good to go "we'll get it fixed", but when honest concerns are raised here they tend to receive abuse. For those who saw it, the "database modding" incident from the 15.2.1 thread was utterly bizarre.

My own experiences are little different. My concerns of; "the saving time fix being treated as so insignificant that not only did it reoccur, but would probably be left to the winter transfer update" were not only aggressively attacked on here, but ultimately were proven entirely true. All I asked at the time was some transparency on the issue, and if they really were to leave it to update with the winter transfer update, just to make a statement that it was the case. I was instead assured that "they were taking it seriously" and that "it would be updated when it was fixed". The biggest statement of just how bad things have gotten on that front was a moderator literally deleting posts because "we went through this a fortnight ago". This idea that persistent issues can simply be left, without statement, for as long as they please is a disappointing trend that seems to be, if anything getting worse.

This is the thing though, I entirely understand that FM is a large and complex game. I entirely understand that within a few hours of a patch rolling out that the players will cover more game hours than even 100 testers could do realistically in a fortnight. They are also bombarded with "the patch exaggerated injuries", "the patch ruined my form", "the patch ruined my life", almost immediately, in an environment where it is too early to judge whether it's a case of bad luck for the player or an actual problem. My concern though is that there is almost no transparency with how they're dealing with things. If it takes until the winter transfer update to fix major problems, that's fine, but they should be making clear and direct statements in a visible manner about them. Instead what we get is "we don't comment on that", "third party add-ons", "this isn't the area of the forum to discuss this" (though they were told in the other area to discuss it there), etc.

The real key to me though is that they need to nip this worrying trend in the bud now. If they need a bigger bug testing department, then they need a bigger bug testing department. I completely agree that there should be a section entirely devoted to working with the modders, testing steam workshop content and making it clear when they are changing things and how that will affect such workshop content, rather than simply just doing things and letting the modders work it out from there.

I'd also argue that they should make better use of steam's patching functionality. Paradox manages to use it quite well to allow people to use older versions of the game in situations where it might cause issues. Patches which break key parts to one player, and then literally months before they're fixed would be less grating on consumer confidence in this product if they actually had the ability to refuse to update to the latest patch and continue to play with the older one, even after Steam initially tries to update.

Well you must be part of an exclusive club then my friend because I don't know a single user of FM that doesn't have at least one third party add-on which invariably would be a skin to replace the dreary default ! I'm only suggesting they use ONE beta tester to run with the most popular add-ons and report his findings then we can be pre-warned and not update until solutions are found,either from Si or the FM community.

Using these 3rd party add-ons is one thing, actually thinking that they are important for your enjoyment of the game is quite another. I use some of this stuff myself; logos, player and staff pics, kits ... and they're nice, but would it be detrimental to my enjoyment of the game if they disappeared? Nah. Well, maybe 2%. I like those that I have, but they are not important. It's not what the game is about, even though a group of FM players perhaps feel they are the most important, for them. And well done and thank you to those that bother to put these add-ons together and make them available for everyone to use. But it's not SI's responsibility to ensure that they work; that's the 3rd party add-on makers responsibility. If they can bother; they're not charging for these add-ons, so they're not obliged to to anything else if they can't be arsed, really. And if you use any of these add-ons, you do so at your own risk. If they do mess up your game at any point in time, it's all on you.

But perhaps something can be learned from this. Next time it's time for a patch update, remove your add-ons first, make FM be in it's pristine state, dafault skin and everything. Then download/update. Then make sure everything works, Then re-instate your add-ons. They'll probably work then.

I feel that AI manager tactical changes could be 1 of the factor for high scoring games. I'm 1 of the top teams in the league playing away against a Europa League spot team. In the 1st half, they played a 4-4-1-1. They took a 1-0 lead without my team troubling them too much. For some strange reason, they changed to a 4-4-2 in the 2nd half. That pretty much open them up as I went on to win 3-1 easily.

It's the same case against a newly promoted relegation threatened team. It was a draw in the 1st with my side dominating. They also change to a 4-4-2 in the 2nd half and I won easily again.

I didn't make any changes for the 2nd half in both games.

Testing of 3rd party add-ons is entirely down to the suppliers of those add-ons. If they are not working with the update, you should go and complain to the maker of them to update it so that it does. I find it truly bizarre that you would think otherwise. You would not moan to Sega that your Lord of the Ring's mod for Rome total war stopped working after a patch, would you? Why would you do the same for skins, kit packs and the like. They are mods, it is the modders responsibility.

I don't use any sort of add-on, now you know at least 1 user. ;)

Was I imagining it, or did the mouse pointer used to vanish on the pitch view screen until you moved it? It just stays there now, so I have to move it to the side so it doesn't irritate me.

Hardly game breaking, or even that much of an imposition, but reassure me that it used to happen.

Was I imagining it, or did the mouse pointer used to vanish on the pitch view screen until you moved it? It just stays there now, so I have to move it to the side so it doesn't irritate me.

Hardly game breaking, or even that much of an imposition, but reassure me that it used to happen.

Hmm, not for me, not FM 2015, I think ... maybe FM 2014 it used to disappear, but don't quote me on that.

I don't use any sort of add-on, now you know at least 1 user. ;)

Never have done, amazing how these people assume knowledge of what tens of thousands of other people do when they actually don't have a clue and in fact in most cases just like the sound of their own voices :rolleyes:

Hey guys.

Small issue I play as Athletic in La Liga, I have my B and C team player sales set to be handled by the respective managers of those teams, however since the patch I am having to deal with all 3 teams loan/transfer offers. It's not a game breaker but it's certainly tiresome at times. I have checked the options in staff responsibilities and it's all correct, I've tried unticking the 'player sales handled by....' options, continuing the game for a few days and then changing them back but it's not made any change.

Any quick fix?

Archived