Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

I take it you'v raised these issues with examples and PKM files in the bugs forum, if not then why not?

SI need examples of bad defending in the game to work out what the problem is and how to fix it. Moaning about in the feedback thread will not help.

If you see lots of examples of bad defending in your game then help SI to fix the problem. I would but I'm in the conference where bad defending is more or less the norm.

They asked for feedback and that's what I'm giving them. At the end of the day feedback is feedback and it can't all be positive.

What you gave wasn't particularly useful feedback though, not without a bug report too. Saying "there's defensive problems" or even just describing what happens is going to do nothing for SI. They know there's defensive problems already. What they need is specific examples through a PKM, raised on the bugs forum. They're not going to do anything about it on here, and they couldn't with your post even if they wanted to.

There's nothing wrong with what you've posted of course, just needs a bug report as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They asked for feedback and that's what I'm giving them. At the end of the day feedback is feedback and it can't all be positive.

They do ask for feedback about the game.

They also ask that if you think there's a bug or issue with the game to raise it in the bugs forum.

Feedback is feedback - bugs are bugs.

im coaching newcastle and i think the injuries are just fine and reflects real life. i willl have plenty of injuries at one point of the season and after that are just fine.

training is very important and careful player management.

No there isn't. Because YOU get one occasion where multiple players get injured at once doesn't mean there's a problem with the game. It's either going to be down to your training methods or simple bad luck. There is NO problem with the injuries in-game.

Completely agree, there is absolutely no injury bug, it's probably less injuries than IRL. Look at Man Utd and Arsenal with all the medical staff they have, still get plenty of injuries.

Training plays a part in it, but I think the number of games/minutes played is even more important no? This season my team has pretty bad cover in some positions and that has given me some injury worries, especially second half of the season with two games a week!

At the same time, none of my attacking midfielders have been injured this season (except for 5-6 days type of injuries) and their "natural fitness" attribute isn't that high. Combine that with 90 minutes in basically every game I think I've been very lucky!

Completely agree, there is absolutely no injury bug, it's probably less injuries than IRL. Look at Man Utd and Arsenal with all the medical staff they have, still get plenty of injuries.

Training plays a part in it, but I think the number of games/minutes played is even more important no? This season my team has pretty bad cover in some positions and that has given me some injury worries, especially second half of the season with two games a week!

At the same time, none of my attacking midfielders have been injured this season (except for 5-6 days type of injuries) and their "natural fitness" attribute isn't that high. Combine that with 90 minutes in basically every game I think I've been very lucky!

It's not so much the Natural Fitness attribute which determines injuries, but the hidden attribute "Injury Proneness".

I'm not really sure how to word this, but I'm growing increasingly annoyed with the Inverted Wingbacks not doing even remotely close to what the description of the role says. Before everyone tells me to run to the bugs forum and start uploading .pkms, SI has reviewed a thread there already and said they would tweak the role and have an update "soon".

I'm well aware that some issues take higher priority than others, but we all have our little issues that are holding our enjoyment of the game back... and this is mine!

Anyway, just hope SI will get around to this soon. I'm really trying my best to be patient but I want to get my main save going with a tactic where the IWBs are essential.

Who is anyone to say?

The people working on bugs usually go from the bugs forum to pick up any issues.

They don't come to this part of the forum (mostly).

It's best to log it where it can get attention.

If it's a bug it will be fixed. If it's not then they won't do anything.

But you'd get feedback by posting in the bugs forum. You won't get feedback by posting in the feedback forum.

Finally decided to offload Raheem Sterling who has played AML, AMR and about 5 games at STC since signing for the club.

One player comes to me a little concerned about his departure, I just inform him a young MC/AMC is ready to take the step up and replace him. Sorted.

I'd understand if I told him about a young winger but I didn't, I told him about someone who has only played MC for me. Not major but still would have been nice if he laughed in my face for being an utter liar.

You thinks that's bad? I've had an entire squad go in the huff with me because I sold a 15 year old who had barely even played a game for the youth team let alone the first team for £1.2 million and ended up having to sell one of my best players.

Who is anyone to say?

The people working on bugs usually go from the bugs forum to pick up any issues.

They don't come to this part of the forum (mostly).I'm not after feed, just merely giving feedback of my own

It's best to log it where it can get attention.

If it's a bug it will be fixed. If it's not then they won't do anything.

But you'd get feedback by posting in the bugs forum. You won't get feedback by posting in the feedback forum.

I wasn't after any feedback, I was merely giving feedback of my own

You thinks that's bad? I've had an entire squad go in the huff with me because I sold a 15 year old who had barely even played a game for the youth team let alone the first team for £1.2 million and ended up having to sell one of my best players.

That's happened dozens of times to me and everyone else. This one is new to me as I told him a central midfielder who cannot play on the wing was replacing one of the worlds best wingers.

Ok - it's up to you whether you report it as a bug or not - sounds buggy - but if you're not bothered copying and pasting to another part of the forum then it will never be looked at by the bugs team.
Or it could be my tactics, after all I did see Miles Jacobson mention on twitter that the people playing first person shooters never seem to complain of bugs when they get shot by AI characters and he even used the hash tag itsyourtactics

That's happened dozens of times to me and everyone else. This one is new to me as I told him a central midfielder who cannot play on the wing was replacing one of the worlds best wingers.
So why haven't you uploaded a PKM? After all that is the standard procedure is it not?

Actually one more example of horrible defending. I dont know who the spurs defender is but he runs for whatever reason like an idiot to a place where the pass might end and leaves the striker so much space, it really looks absurd. Its EPL, not 6th league or so. Defending really needs to be massively improved with the next patch.

If defensive errors never happened there would be very few goals scored. Almost every goal in football comes from a defensive error of some sorts, and I don't actually know the quality of the Spurs player that did that, they might be playing a youngster due to injuries for example so its very hard to judge.

If I uploaded every goal I scored in the season I reckon I can point out defensive mistakes in every single on of them, the only reason this one looks more evident is because my player scored a great goal, but if the Spurs player had got their 1 second quicker he'd have blocked the shot and looked a hero.

If defensive errors never happened there would be very few goals scored. Almost every goal in football comes from a defensive error of some sorts, and I don't actually know the quality of the Spurs player that did that, they might be playing a youngster due to injuries for example so its very hard to judge.

If I uploaded every goal I scored in the season I reckon I can point out defensive mistakes in every single on of them, the only reason this one looks more evident is because my player scored a great goal, but if the Spurs player had got their 1 second quicker he'd have blocked the shot and looked a hero.

A lot of it comes back again to how you view the match. I usually watch just key highlights on my current save, to save time more than anything else. My tactic is fluid just now, and the team's doing ok. However, I watched my cup replay in comprehensive last night (winner was away to Man U in the 3rd Round), and the difference in immersion is startling. This is where you'll see good defending, great goalkeeping etc etc. On key highlights, you basically just see the goals, which will invariably be down to a defensive mistake somewhere down the line. It also lessens the excitement because you pretty much know at the start of a highlight what's going to happen. When you're 1-0 up and there's three mins injury time, and a highlight starts with the opposition attacking on 89mins, you can be almost sure you've chucked away two points.

Comprehensive is the best way to view the matches, but we don't all have the time for that, which is a shame as it really shows off the best of the engine that key highlights only scratches.

That's not saying there aren't any defensive issues, there are, the defensive AI still needs tightening up, but it's a good bit better than it usually is at this stage of the game's lifecycle.

Almost every goal in football comes from a defensive error of some sorts, and I don't actually know the quality of the Spurs player that did that, they might be playing a youngster due to injuries for example so its very hard to judge.

but if the Spurs player had got their 1 second quicker he'd have blocked the shot and looked a hero.

Doesn't need to be a youngster, most of the time a Spurs defender is just an accident waiting to happen, I sometimes think the ME is based on Spurs.;)

They're not going to do anything about it on here, and they couldn't with your post even if they wanted to.

Thats ridiculous. We can close the feedback thread then. Of course can SI do something against too many goals even without a pkm. He gave feedback that defending needs improvement and thats what this thread is for. And its surely helpful for SI and all of us if someone posts a bug in the bug section and it makes it easier for SI to find problems and fix them. But its their job anyway, certainly not the customers job. Its absurd that we are now to the point where someone with critical feedback has to justify himself for not posting a pkm and making the fixing easier for SI.

Thats ridiculous. We can close the feedback thread then. Of course can SI do something against too many goals even without a pkm. He gave feedback that defending needs improvement and thats what this thread is for. And its surely helpful for SI and all of us if someone posts a bug in the bug section and it makes it easier for SI to find problems and fix them. But its their job anyway, certainly not the customers job. Its absurd that we are now to the point where someone with critical feedback has to justify himself for not posting a pkm and making the fixing easier for SI.

But the feedback is useless without proof. You can't jail a man without evidence.

Plenty of people have said the amount of goals are near enough perfect, so who do they believe?

EDIT: And the person is question doesn't even seem to be moaning about too many goals, just defensive errors which SI would obviously need a PKM to fix.

Way to quote selectively bruh!

Saying "defending needs improvement" is pretty much useless on its own. Where do SI go with that? There is literally no value to that statement that SI can draw out, as I think if you asked PaulC about the ME, he would say that it all needs improvement. Much like Google will never say they're finished with refining their search engine, SI will never say they're done refining their ME.

As for "making the fixing easier for SI"...jesus...I see you've complained quite a bit about defending too. So why exactly wouldn't you want to make that easier? I repeat, they can do nothing with someone stating something in here without anything behind it. Nothing. At. All. It's not about whose "job" it is, it's about them having nothing to work with. If you can't see that, you're blind.

A lot of it comes back again to how you view the match. I usually watch just key highlights on my current save, to save time more than anything else. My tactic is fluid just now, and the team's doing ok. However, I watched my cup replay in comprehensive last night (winner was away to Man U in the 3rd Round), and the difference in immersion is startling. This is where you'll see good defending, great goalkeeping etc etc. On key highlights, you basically just see the goals, which will invariably be down to a defensive mistake somewhere down the line. It also lessens the excitement because you pretty much know at the start of a highlight what's going to happen. When you're 1-0 up and there's three mins injury time, and a highlight starts with the opposition attacking on 89mins, you can be almost sure you've chucked away two points.

Comprehensive is the best way to view the matches, but we don't all have the time for that, which is a shame as it really shows off the best of the engine that key highlights only scratches.

That's not saying there aren't any defensive issues, there are, the defensive AI still needs tightening up, but it's a good bit better than it usually is at this stage of the game's lifecycle.

Can't agree with you more :) Even on key highlights though I've seen some top quality saves from my goalkeeper, I think the mo-cap work has been a fantastic addition some of the save my GK has made have honestly made my shout out in awe, it just looks much more lifelike. A player tackled Oxlade-Chamberlain yesterday and he got up to complain to the referee that he didn't give a foul, it's the little things like that that are so much more noticeable now and bring a lot more life to the game. You are right of course when you say it really takes a longer highlights package for all the great ME stuff to be shown.

Although I do find Key highlights more enjoyable than previous years, I was 2-1 up in the CL final as Arsenal with 88 minutes on the clock and it suddenly shows me a highlight of Barcelona attacking, 'oh no' I thought, but Theo Walcott dispossessed one of their players, stormed into the Barca penalty box and cut back for Jack Wilshere to finish, absolutely thrilling. Suarez got an even later goal to end it at 3-2 in my favour but it was a great match.

I see quite a few highlights in FM15 where one team will begin attacking the other, only for the other team to dispossess them 20 seconds in before eventually scoring the goal themselves, you know a goal is coming but you don't always know who for and that's a big improvement over previous iterations. Sometimes the play can swing back and forth between the two teams on one highlight, it's a much more enjoyable experience.

Yep there are still defensive issues, but they are much rarer now thanks to all the fixes.

Or it could be my tactics, after all I did see Miles Jacobson mention on twitter that the people playing first person shooters never seem to complain of bugs when they get shot by AI characters and he even used the hash tag itsyourtactics

Hmm i dont come here that often anymore so i missed this but two things..

1/ in FPS games, if the AI does something unreasonable like homing in on your location from far away without direct LoS as if they had ESP , then people DO complain about it as it's cheap and unrealistic.

2/ yes, in most cases it is the player's tactics, but from my experience since playing the beta, it's also the AI tactics, especially AI LLM's as they are unreasonably competent at turning a game around. the changes they make are devastatingly effective and their players, despite being paid peanuts every week, actually follow those instructions to the letter and tear you apart.

Hey was wondering why I am no longer to decide how long preseason lasts once the season is over??? I used to be able to choose but I am about 8 seasons in and have not had the option for a few seasons.

I have a few players that are young/backup although not really hot prospects that complain that preseason started too early but I never had a choice on when it starts.

I am managing Coruxo and am in Liga BBVA. I used to be able to choose how many weeks it lasts but I am wondering if this is because in LigaBBVA all teams start pr4eseason at the same time or is it a BUG?

Well this new patch seems to have changed scorelines both ways for me.

I've had an 8-4 loss against Arsenal, something I never had previously and high scoring games of that ilk.

On the other hand the only string of consecutive cleansheets I've managed(5+) has also come with this update. Seems either defenders work or they decide to just throw in the towel.

One on ones still being missed at an unrealistic rate. Striker clean through on goal about 10 yards behind the defender who has less pace, acceleration.etc. get caught up on far too often as well.

1/ in FPS games, if the AI does something unreasonable like homing in on your location from far away without direct LoS as if they had ESP , then people DO complain about it as it's cheap and unrealistic.

2/ yes, in most cases it is the player's tactics, but from my experience since playing the beta, it's also the AI tactics, especially AI LLM's as they are unreasonably competent at turning a game around. the changes they make are devastatingly effective and their players, despite being paid peanuts every week, actually follow those instructions to the letter and tear you apart.

They can't do anything you can't do though. So if you see the opposition upping their game to get back into a match, it's up to you to try and stop it from happening. Doesn't always work of course, but that's football.

People say 'oh but it happens too often, it doesn't happen that often in real life'. That's true, but then again the other RL manager is usually more proactive than the typical FM one who'll just sit there, hope for the best, and then moan that the world's against them on the internet afterwards.

A subtle, but crucial difference. :rolleyes:

Let me point out that I was being 100% sarcastic with this post and that the sarcasm was directed at Mr Jacobson for his comments on twitter about bugs in Football Manager and that I have no real thoughts on FPS games and any bugs they may or may not contain. Thank you and goodbye

Is there an issue with preferred moves? I train someone to, lets say, come deep to get the ball. I get a message sometime later that its succeeded or failed. I then get another message a bit later saying for example, player x still diving in to tackles. Yet I never trained him to do that.

In fact it just happened. I trained Fred to knock ball past opponent. I got a message on 15th Jan saying "Fred fails to adapt to knocking ball past opponent". I get a message 4 days later saying "Fred uncomfortable coming deep to get ball"

I see many kicks for matches, I believe should have more ball disputes and especially more impediments and headed out to the side during the game.

I'm playing in Brazil and see the best teams earning much fácils of minors, but this happens the surprise reserve football for all, results are unlikely to happen. I am already waiting for the patch! : D

Yes, most of us gathered that. No idea why you bother to continue playing the game if you're that upset with it. It's not compulsory after all.
Two points here. Firstly, the person who replied to the original post didn't realise I was being sarcastic hence my reason for pointing it out and secondly I'm an optimist and try not to let a few badly designed aspects of the game spoil my enjoyment. Also do you mind if I ask if you feel that replying to my posts is compulsory?

Lately I've been wondering how many of the hundreds of thousands FM 2015 players pick the popular 4-2-3-1 basic/defensive formation (that is, the AM strata and beyond packed with players), and set them on attack duty. Not that SI aren't aware of this, but this no doubt is the source of much complaining and error. Seen someone playing into the 2020s without noticing (likely by watching highlights, text commentary or applying the "close" camera setting), and naturally, freak results would frequently occur. My first match naturally also ended in a whopping 5-6 loss, but looking at such a team's defensive shape, it isn't exactly rocket science to determine why. Depending on the AI managers' tactics, they might be affected as well, though I don't think they'd quite put all their attacking players on attack duties.

vCeZGsT.jpg

47EIJOP.jpg

(Any AMC/AMR/AML or FWD player with an attack duty plain doesn't track back much of any when the team is defending/has lost the ball. I'm all for there being plenty headroom for actually major tactical mistakes in the game, in particular as some sources of frustration/major error appear to be cut from the game, such as holding players in central midfield seemingly not being affected anymore by off the ball attacking movement PPMs/natural traits. But looking at all the feedback about extremely high scoring games and miracle comebacks p'rhaps this is a "wisdom" and consideration when setting up one's team that needs to be spread some more). The good news is that every player in that stratum and beyond very much does track back when put on support duties -- and naturally, upon regaining the ball will assume his attacking place within this very attacking formation again. Simply put though: You won't defend very well with giving up to half your team a "just stay forward and watch the other guys being outplayed" wild card in any situation.

Just played my most thrilling game ever. Was 2-0 down in 20 mins at home to Southampton and then scored 5 goals after, then what happens? The game f****** crashes. SI you need to sort this out. Even Battlefield 4 doesn't crash this much. I hate having to repeat matches especially when they're memorable.

Julian Speroni approaches me with an outgoing contract and two months left of the season and wants to leave the team because he miss Argentina. Because none of the chat options are "well, I think you will survive two more months" I ignore him, which makes him ever so unhappy. He makes himself available to leave the club on a bosman ("frt"). A coulpe of weeks later he is happy again and says he wants to stay at the club. Still leaving on a bosman, though. I think you guys have some more tweaking to do on this before it's realistic.

Lately I've been wondering how many of the hundreds of thousands FM 2015 players pick the popular 4-2-3-1 basic/defensive formation (that is, the AM strata and beyond packed with players), and set them on attack duty. Not that SI aren't aware of this, but this no doubt is the source of much complaining and error. Seen someone playing into the 2020s without noticing (likely by watching highlights, text commentary or applying the "close" camera setting), and naturally, freak results would frequently occur. My first match naturally also ended in a whopping 5-6 loss, but looking at such a team's defensive shape, it isn't exactly rocket science to determine why. Depending on the AI managers' tactics, they might be affected as well, though I don't think they'd quite put all their attacking players on attack duties.

vCeZGsT.jpg

47EIJOP.jpg

(Any AMC/AMR/AML or FWD player with an attack duty plain doesn't track back much of any when the team is defending/has lost the ball. I'm all for there being plenty headroom for actually major tactical mistakes in the game, in particular as some sources of frustration/major error appear to be cut from the game, such as holding players in central midfield seemingly not being affected anymore by off the ball attacking movement PPMs/natural traits. But looking at all the feedback about extremely high scoring games and miracle comebacks p'rhaps this is a "wisdom" and consideration when setting up one's team that needs to be spread some more). The good news is that every player in that stratum and beyond very much does track back when put on support duties -- and naturally, upon regaining the ball will assume his attacking place within this very attacking formation again. Simply put though: You won't defend very well with giving up to half your team a "just stay forward and watch the other guys being outplayed" wild card in any situation.

I am pretty sure tactical misunderstanding is the reason behind a lot of people's issues in the game (as the oft-used mantra on these forums goes). It takes time and effort to master the creation of tactics, and even then you are at the whim of the footballing Gods much of the time. I am only just half way through the second season because to properly develop a tactic I like to watch matches in full to understand player interaction, and fine tune the roles to get the desired result. Many people do not want to put in such effort (which is reasonable) but then wonder why they cannot win everything all the time and blame the game (which is unreasonable). In general you do not get to be very good at a game without putting a lot of graft in to learn said game. The same is true of FM, although some people seem to believe it is a plug-and-play game similar to the FIFA series, where you can just pick 11 good players and win without caring what is going on.

Everytime I go to load up my game this comes up:

A serious error was encountered and the application will close, An error file has been generated in: C:\Users\Lacy/Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\crash dumps\FM 2015 v15.1.4.579096 (2014.12.06 11.11.31).dmp

Is there any way of sorting this, any help would be much appreciated

Direct free kick hits cross bar and bounces down in the six yard box. Diving keeper goes to ground and stays there.

Two or three attackers converge on the loose ball from the edge of the box.

Four or five defenders stand stationary and watch as an attacker thumps a half volley into the net.

Happens every couple of games for me. Is there something better I can be doing with setting roles whilst defending free kicks, or it it the match engine?

Just played my most thrilling game ever. Was 2-0 down in 20 mins at home to Southampton and then scored 5 goals after, then what happens? The game f****** crashes. SI you need to sort this out. Even Battlefield 4 doesn't crash this much. I hate having to repeat matches especially when they're memorable.
Wish my game had crashed after the east midlands derby in which my Derby County side were playing Nottingham Forest and were 4-1 up at half time, at one point were leading 5-1, only to draw the game 5-5(the equaliser was in the 90th minute). Just to top things off Forest then beat us to a playoff place by two points and were promoted

It crashes the immersion though

Not if you're playing in Brazil :D, don't worry I'm sure it'll get fixed, just a little patience needed.

It's not as if we don't know how it all happens now, if you can't hack it best come back in March imo.

Im three seasons into a prem save with west ham and ive just noticed in the second and third season, the fixture list is a mirror image. As in, we play all the teams home or away once, then the second half of the season is the exact same pattern with the corresponding home or away fixture.

is this supposed to be the case?

I could do without playing arsenal, man city, liverpool and chelsea back to back twice in a season tbh.

Archived