Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing I've noticed is alot of offside goals given, from free kicks. Not direct free kicks. They are crossed in from either flank, headed in, and given offside. Rightly so, but it just seems to happen quite often.

I agree with this. It's not a big deal that people are offsides sometimes, it's a big deal that the attacking players start from miles offside and make absolutely no attempt to be onside. I had a free kick the other day and there was a pause in play so they were all set up but waiting for the ref to let them kick it for like 30-40 sec. The entire time, 3 attacking players are standing a full meter beyond the defense just hopping around like Per Mertesacker does on corners IRL. then the ball is kicked to one of them, he heads it in and of course it's offsides. Just seems unrealistic and silly. It's a complete waste of a chance as well. And when you see them offsides, you know that's who the ball will go to so you can just go grab a drink while it happens haha

I am now having issues with the search engine (for players) - it takes really a lot (like 6-8 seconds) to produce any results and it is really frustrating. No matter if it is a new search or just a small modification in the filter parameters (like reducing technique from 14 to 13 for example) the same waiting time applies.

Does anyone have this and/or has it been recognised as an issue?

Started a new LFC game with the new update. Great work SI. Played 3 months now and don't have any issues (I don't look into things in too much detail - I don't know where people get the time from to do that!)

Although because I have a great save on FM14 I am playing them side by side , 3D medium graphics on a £500 laptop....

One thing I've noticed is alot of offside goals given, from free kicks. Not direct free kicks. They are crossed in from either flank, headed in, and given offside. Rightly so, but it just seems to happen quite often.

Yeah, this is a known issue which SI are aware of, and looking for more examples of. If you have the time to upload examples to the Bugs forum, it will help to get the matter resolved.

Interactions made more sense in the previous versions. However, it has always been very unrealistic that you almost never had any issues with any players in your roster, therefore making it very easy to maintain and develop a strong squad. At least right now there are issues , even though sometimes they don't make any sense :)

Yes, this needs to be looked at, but I hope SI won't revert back to every player being happy. If I am managing a small club and have success, I want a few of my top players to take their chance to move to bigger clubs and won't even be interested in listening to what I have to say. If I tell them 'we will reach your ambitions together in this club', I don't want the player to become happy. I want him to say 'great, but I can't wait that long, sorry, either let me go or I'll be upset forever'. Some players you should not be able to retain. This should depend on their character of course.

as far as interactions go, okay I want it to be more complex. If you have two great players fighting for one postition there should be some unhappy heads. but why is there no answer for my 2nd choice wing back (who will play for sure at least 20-25 games per season) like..okay you're not first team but you'll play a great number of games in the course of the season. Because now, I can only tell him like you'll play cup competitions..so ofcourse he will be unhappy with this..there's no way i can tell him i'll use him the way i actually do.

I've asked this question in a separate thread, but wondered if someone on the official feedback thread might be able to help? I'm managing both a club and national team, and in the past the player search screen has always had filters that say 'Exclude players ineligible for national team' and 'Exclude players already in national pool'. Now though, these options appear to have disappeared. Am I being blind? Have they been moved to another screen?

Most of the disallowed goals are goals where the finisher receives the ball from the middle after a trough ball.. But allowed goals are never scored like that. Always a cross/pass from the flanks.
I marked in bold the part that is total crap. After only 3 friendlies and 2 competitive matches in my new save (started after 15.1.4 update), my team has already scored 4 goals from a through ball from the middle.

Having problems offering a contract to a player, he is listed as a 'key player' and when I go to offer him a contract his agent says he is not interested in discussing a new contract, okay fine.

I then talk to the player and warn him I will transfer list him if he does not sign a new contract, he then says he will discuss a new contract as he does not want to leave, he only wants the best deal he can get, okay fine.

For a month now I have tried to offer him a contract and every time the agent says he is not interested, I have spoke to him 3 times and each time he says he will discuss a new contract but we are just going in circles.

There is also no option to ask him to leave his agent, I don't want to lose the guy but it seems something is not working as it should.

I've asked this question in a separate thread, but wondered if someone on the official feedback thread might be able to help? I'm managing both a club and national team, and in the past the player search screen has always had filters that say 'Exclude players ineligible for national team' and 'Exclude players already in national pool'. Now though, these options appear to have disappeared. Am I being blind? Have they been moved to another screen?

Go to scouting, then click "show filters" just under the continue button.

Go to scouting, then click "show filters" just under the continue button.

That's where I'm looking, but the options have vanished. Just tried starting a new game and they've reappeared. Looks like it's something gone wrong with this particular save. Fortunately, I haven't gone too far, so I'm not losing much by starting again.

That's where I'm looking, but the options have vanished. Just tried starting a new game and they've reappeared. Looks like it's something gone wrong with this particular save. Fortunately, I haven't gone too far, so I'm not losing much by starting again.

You should probably share that file and/or screen shot with SI in the glitch section so they can patch it up.

Something else I'd like to see tweaked is strikers shooting from extremely tight angles instead of knocking it across the face of goal when a team mate is in a great position. All they do is whack it against the post. Even strikers with high teamwork do it.

as far as interactions go, okay I want it to be more complex. If you have two great players fighting for one postition there should be some unhappy heads. but why is there no answer for my 2nd choice wing back (who will play for sure at least 20-25 games per season) like..okay you're not first team but you'll play a great number of games in the course of the season. Because now, I can only tell him like you'll play cup competitions..so ofcourse he will be unhappy with this..there's no way i can tell him i'll use him the way i actually do.

I agree. It would be nice if there were more options for the promises you can make, such as

a- cup games

b- cup games and/or a few league games

c- cup games and/or 1/3 of league games

d- cup games and/or 1/2 of league games

Something else I'd like to see tweaked is strikers shooting from extremely tight angles instead of knocking it across the face of goal when a team mate is in a great position. All they do is whack it against the post. Even strikers with high teamwork do it.

I have seen countless counter-examples of this in my game, and it is beautiful to watch, something the ME really missed in the previous versions. I have no idea why this is happening with your players.

I watch matches in 3D and I never see players bending the ball when crossing or shooting. Neither do the passes along the ground have any curl in them, everything seems to just be hit in a straight line. I could have sworn I saw balls being bent before the last update.

The match analysis screen doesn't seem to show many curling crosses and passes either.

I play on an older laptop so maybe it isn't powerful enough to show detail of the ball being bent and curled.

I have seen countless counter-examples of this in my game, and it is beautiful to watch, something the ME really missed in the previous versions. I have no idea why this is happening with your players.

I'm not saying it happens all the time, but no striker is going to shoot when the ball is right on the byline. Yet I've seen my strikers do it when a pass is on.

I watch matches in 3D and I never see players bending the ball when crossing or shooting. Neither do the passes along the ground have any curl in them, everything seems to just be hit in a straight line. I could have sworn I saw balls being bent before the last update.

The match analysis screen doesn't seem to show many curling crosses and passes either.

I play on an older laptop so maybe it isn't powerful enough to show detail of the ball being bent and curled.

Can't say I've noticed any either. They've maybe removed them after all the issues with the balls curling in all manner of unrealistic ways. Maybe the curls are just more subtle now.

Really annoying when players start complaining about first team football before the season even starts. Not to mention the hot prospects that have like 2 or 3 silver stars for rating and is in the u-18 squad that demand first team football and are not interested in loandeals.

When I press continue it does not advance, it just goes to the MLS draft combine page and I can holiday till the next day but after a few days the same thing happens, I've uninstalled

and reinstalled same problem. I played nearly 4 years with no problem then in January 2018 it started happening, anyone?

When I press continue it does not advance, it just goes to the MLS draft combine page and I can holiday till the next day but after a few days the same thing happens, I've uninstalled

and reinstalled same problem. I played nearly 4 years with no problem then in January 2018 it started happening, anyone?

Could you start a thread here please http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/443-Football-Manager-2015-Crashes-Technical-Game-Launch-and-Workshop-Issues

Can't say I've noticed any either. They've maybe removed them after all the issues with the balls curling in all manner of unrealistic ways. Maybe the curls are just more subtle now.

Not removed, certainly improved, see what I did there? ;)

just ordered the game, got a good christmas deal on cdon.com. 178 danish kroner = rougly 17 £

I´m anticipating a christmas patch, so i thought what the hell.

I´ve asked this a couple of times,and it hasnt really been mentioned a lot, but what are your experiences with Ai squadbuilding? Iirc there was some sort of new platform, where the ai would use roles or am i mistaking?

Its definetly too late to ask, if its worth a punt ;)

Not removed, certainly improved, see what I did there? ;)

I still see ball being hit with a curve, not excessive but certainly a wee bend in it, what I am seeing a lot more is ittle flicks with the back of the heel etc teckers as some might say, puts a smile on my face when I have a couple in a mutli passing move which leads to a goal. In fact I found myself giving the team a little clap after such a goal was scored last night, then I realised it was only a game but the build up and goal was superb :)

Still seeing too many players just shooting anywhere in the box, even though there are 3 men in front of them, they still shoot, the ball seems at times like a magnet attracting players to it, almost like a kids kick about where they all go after the ball, it's too unrealistic, it's as if the players see nothing around them even when they have high vision stats, they just shoot for the heck of it.

The ME is not so bad but could be better..

-There is too much injuries in game.. I'm having to make at least 1 or 2 subtitutions because of injuries..

-Still too much woodwork

-Far post crosses are causing too much goals.. Defenders are just watcing during the position.

-Most of shots bounces from GK and opponent players tips it.

-Players reacts a bit slow. Sometimes they don't run (or running vert slow) to take the ball near them and waiting the opponents.

I'm not a native speaker sorry about that if i made a mistake :)

What do you guys do to hold on to a lead? Because if I try to shut up shop it seems the opposition turn into Barça 2009, they always know how to do to turn it around, but if I'm trailing, time goes by faster than a weekend in August.

What do you guys do to hold on to a lead? Because if I try to shut up shop it seems the opposition turn into Barça 2009, they always know how to do to turn it around, but if I'm trailing, time goes by faster than a weekend in August.

Fresh legs at the back and/or midfield.

This is just a suggestion not sure if you could add it to a future update for FM15 or save it for FM16 but in the players History but i was wondering if there was something under the players stats like at the bottom of the screen of how it breaks down the players stats like gls, pens, asts, yel red etc if we could add a section for U18 and another one for U21.. Like I know both U18 and U21 fall under non competitive but also it does for pre-season too.. Like if i have a player in U18 and then i call him up to U21 i want to be able to see how well he did in U18 that season of if i have a player go from U18 to U21, and then if my main squad has injures i want to be able to see how well the player does in U18 and U21 stats wise before i call him up..

Like i said im not sure if u can add that in a future FM15 update or if its too late for FM15 but save it for FM16 but just an idea.

Still far too many goals from long-shots or crosses. If you don't enjoy watching these the game is deeply unsatisfying.

Can't think of any converted one-on-ones. Any player on a break will almost always be caught by a covering CB.

The game just feels very attritional. Waves of teams taking it in turns to sit in the box, facing cross after cross until one sticks. The ball may pop up around 25 yards where it will be despatched, or converted on the rebound.

Still far too many goals from long-shots or crosses. If you don't enjoy watching these the game is deeply unsatisfying.

Can't think of any converted one-on-ones. Any player on a break will almost always be caught by a covering CB.

The game just feels very attritional. Waves of teams taking it in turns to sit in the box, facing cross after cross until one sticks. The ball may pop up around 25 yards where it will be despatched, or converted on the rebound.

I find that very annoying. A striker with 19 Acc and Pace is clear through on goal and as soon as he touches it, he slows right down allowing the slow centre half to reach him.

I have a counter attack tactic which I revert to mid game to hold onto lead only if the team I'm playing is a fairly strong team, a weaker team nothing will change and I go for the jugular.

I find that very annoying. A striker with 19 Acc and Pace is clear through on goal and as soon as he touches it, he slows right down allowing the slow centre half to reach him.

A player with 19 Acc and pace won't have anywhere near that whilst in possession. You also have to consider his mental stats. Is he confident enough to keep going effectively? Has he missed chances already? Is he on a bad run? That can all lead to him slowing up and allowing a slower defender to catch him.

If players were able to keep their pace stats whilst having the ball, you'd be back to FM12 levels of easiness with fast players simply beating every defender all the time, and scoring silly amounts of goals.

Seeing a lot of woodwork being hit at the moment particularly after the last patch, don't know if anyone else seeing the same.

Still having a lot of payers doing the strange sumersault front roll when tackled, I put it in the bugs forum and was told it's a known issue, still annoying seeing it though.

JUst had a we 7 match session since I came in, won all the games, sitting top of the league and scoring freely with a tight defence, fans are happy with the wins but not with the style of play on show. This is a swift passing 4-2-3-1 system with 3 attacking mids behind the striker all with very good skills for the job, averaging 3-4 goals per game, just what do these fans want??????

A player with 19 Acc and pace won't have anywhere near that whilst in possession. You also have to consider his mental stats. Is he confident enough to keep going effectively? Has he missed chances already? Is he on a bad run? That can all lead to him slowing up and allowing a slower defender to catch him.

If players were able to keep their pace stats whilst having the ball, you'd be back to FM12 levels of easiness with fast players simply beating every defender all the time, and scoring silly amounts of goals.

That's why players like Robben, Ronaldo and Bale are so easily caught when on the ball, hey just don't run fast enough when they have a ball at their feet. :(:lol:

Cool! What about instructions? I go for all of the defensive ones at once but sometimes it seems that's worse than doing nothing!

I used to have two tactics on FM14, instantly changing from a control tactic to a counter if I took the lead. That doesn't seem to work that well on FM15, cartainly not with direct passing & high tempo. I now play "defensive" and use TI: "retain possession" "lower tempo" "drop deeper" and "short passing". If it's appropriate I use "pass into space", that is if the opposition is playing very attacking, especially if the fullbacks/wingbacks get involved in attack. You can also waste time of course.

One instruction that I would recommend avoiding when trying to hold on to a lead is to "close down more". If you do, make sure you have "close down less" on your CB's as if you don't your CB's tend to act like they have the Stopper instruction turned on (would always recommend that by the way if you are playing with "close down more" as a TI)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue since the latest update. Since updating on the ME, about 5 seconds before a goal is scored the ME will freeze for about 2-3 seconds. While it isn't a big issue, it does take away the element of surprise. As you know that there's going to be a goal coming in a second.

Archived