Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hardest version to crack for me.

Prob going to end up uninstalling and calling it a day on the series.

No matter what tactic I use or how indepth I go with a team I just find it impossible to get any form going.

It has to be me as I've seen so many other people doing well with the game.

Tactics forum mate.

Don't give up on it, there really is a lot of fun to be had.

Just make a thread and suggest what formation you would like to use and see how other people can help.

I made a thread last year and it really helped me think more about my tactics, tbh it was a real eye opener.

I started to think of things in a different way and I certainly improved as a result.

I'm not talking about downloading tactics. I'm talking about getting advice to make your own simple tactic.

I've tried that also.

Last year I even released a very solid tactic but this year with my own tactics I can't get it to work.

The game isn't ever lasting for everyone, I've had my time (over 20 years) playing and I just don't want to invest the time I have since release and not have a 2nd season save.

I've never been as bad at the game as I have been this year round.

I've tried that also.

Last year I even released a very solid tactic but this year with my own tactics I can't get it to work.

The game isn't ever lasting for everyone, I've had my time (over 20 years) playing and I just don't want to invest the time I have since release and not have a 2nd season save.

I've never been as bad at the game as I have been this year round.

If you're "bad" at the game, there's something fundemental you're doing wrong. It might be something really simple. You just need to get a better understanding and it'll be much easier.

I'm getting a wee bit tired of the false alarm goals due to offside, there's at least one every game. You've improved the reaction speed for the goalkeepers, now maybe it's time for the linesmen? They need to raise their flag much quicker and the ref needs to call the play before the players can put the ball in the net. It is very rare to see a professional footballer celebrate like crazy and then be called offside IRL because most of them are smart enough to check with the lino before celebrating. Think that needs to reflect in FM too.

They don't happen IRL because RL managers don't use the overly attacking tactics we see some FM users using.

I play very defensive and still there are way too many goals. As someone mentioned before, the game is too "open". Seems impossible to slow a match down when you are leading 1-0. Just too much action going on.

I'm getting a wee bit tired of the false alarm goals due to offside, there's at least one every game. You've improved the reaction speed for the goalkeepers, now maybe it's time for the linesmen? They need to raise their flag much quicker and the ref needs to call the play before the players can put the ball in the net. It is very rare to see a professional footballer celebrate like crazy and then be called offside IRL because most of them are smart enough to check with the lino before celebrating. Think that needs to reflect in FM too.

Probably the thing I find most annoying now that a lot of other issues have been fixed, you know it's going to be called offside by the visual evidence and the crowd noise (why do they always do a hushed celebration when it's an offside goal? It makes it so obvious it's going to be ruled out. Been a problem on FM for years now), and yet you still have to wait 10 seconds for the player to go off celebrating before casually walking back to his position like nothing happened.

Player interaction still a complete mess.

I tell Nastasic we'll win the CL to stop him leaving. In March we go out of the competition. The next day the whole squad revolts at my treatment of him and demand I sell him. I can't sell him in March and having my whole squad pissed off and my board demanding I sort the situation out is an absolute joke. Sort it out SI.

I have to agree,FM15 is the worst of the series so far for player unhappiness and the inability to resolve issues ! My latest was a player requesting a wage rise then when it was offered his agent told me they weren't negociating ! Then the player accused me of failing to keep a promise and it pissed off most of the squad !!

I play very defensive and still there are way too many goals. As someone mentioned before, the game is too "open". Seems impossible to slow a match down when you are leading 1-0. Just too much action going on.

Ok I can't comment too much as I haven't played all that much but playing defensive isn't the way to slow a game down, it invites pressure in your final third without an outlet meaning you allow the opposition to set the tempo.

I encountered this in my last match where I was 3-0 at halftime away to the team adrift at the bottom. They picked up in the second half and got a goal back. I tried to go defensive and we held on but were always on the backfoot in the later stages as we were pinned back.

I've had other games where I've gone 2-0/3-0 up and controlled possession winning comfortably.

I have to agree,FM15 is the worst of the series so far for player unhappiness and the inability to resolve issues ! My latest was a player requesting a wage rise then when it was offered his agent told me they weren't negociating ! Then the player accused me of failing to keep a promise and it pissed off most of the squad !!

I have a suspicion much of this is down to your manager attributes that you select at the start.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a high attribute in discipline? prevented players coming to you with minor irritations.

I played half a season only so far, and haven't experienced any player getting upset with me. I think I should play 1-2 seasons before I can see some of the issues. Having said that:

1- I started the game choosing manager stats that were considered 'matching' by the game, with the team I chose. Maybe those managerial attributes play a big role?

2- Having players in the team who want to leave, complain about this and that, etc. may be annoying to some gamers, but I think that is something that has been missing in FM for years. IRL, every team has some internal issues between managers and players, all the time. This will bring some extra 'realistic' difficulty into the game. It has always been so easy to keep all the players in your team happy in previous versions, which was making the long term saves annoyingly easy.

If we could just take FM 14, put tactics from FM 13 and database from FM 15 in it I would be so happy.

This is why I prefer companies to release games like this semi-annually rather than annually. I only buy every other year because generally not enough gets done in just one year to warrant a re-buy. Especially since I always play lower league teams and thus don't care about the database. What I would do if I were them is release a version every other year, but offer a new year database update for $5 or $10. That way there is plenty of time to put more fixes and to polish off the version. Remember the days when games were either sold complete or else they tanked after the horrible reviews came in? In one way, I love how companies continue to work on their games after release when they make little money. But in another way, I think it leads to a lot more rushed releases and the quality of the initial product is a lot less. I've seen people on these forums say they wait 3-6 months after release to buy the new edition so most of the bugs are worked out. I know with at least FM '13, there were a lot of bugs that never got fixed because SI stopped updating... I suppose to work on '14 whose big pitch was "over 1,000 improvements!" I did not play '14, but how many of those improvements were just bug fixes that should have been completed in '13?

I hate it when things like that happen. I haven't got far enough into FM '15 yet, but in FM '13, the player unhappiness was the stupidest thing ever. A player would come to me complaining they wanted to move to a better club. I would make them a promise and no matter what I promised, they were always content with it. I would complete the promise and then the player would claim I didn't and still demand to move to a bigger club. It was funny though. I worked my team up from the Swedish Second Division to the Premier Division (via lots of match replaying, I admit). By this point I had won the Premier division at least twice, won the Swedish Cup at least four times... maybe more. I also won the Euro Cup and of course, qualified for the European Champions Cup. If a player demanded to move to a larger club, I could do something as little as promise them to win the Swedish Cup and they always said that could make them change their mind (I usually promised something better than that though). Why on Earth would a player care about the lowly Swedish Cup when the team has already won it many times, won the Premier Division, and won the Euro Cup? I always found it quite hilarious actually.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/e8qs6g.jpg

I think the amount of shots/goals needs to be toned down. it seems when you play a decent team away from home they just carve though your midfield at like its not their and have literally shot after shot after shot.

Tactics!

There is no way you have a good tactical setup when they get that many shots.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but my unused first team players have been set to be available for my U-19 and U-21 squads until match fit, however they are never picked and it's causing serious issues with my fitness levels. I don't have a reserve team btw.

How old are they? over 19? over 21?

Can overage players play for the U19s/21s in the league you are in?

I've checked the rules of the league already and it says nothing about it. I'm playing in the Russian FNL.

Had a quick look.

U19s don't seem to allow overage players.

U21s seem to allow four overage in the starting eleven.

Daft question but I presume they are playing matches I take it.

Tactics!

There is no way you have a good tactical setup when they get that many shots.

even if my tactics are not absolutely spot on, stoke (who are in the championship on my save) having 40 plus shots against my Liverpool side who are 3rd in the league is ridiculous. whens the last match you can recall in real life that had a total of 62 shots?

even if my tactics are not absolutely spot on, stoke (who are in the championship on my save) having 40 plus shots against my Liverpool side who are 3rd in the league is ridiculous. whens the last match you can recall in real life that had a total of 62 shots?

Exactly its ridiculous, how attacking are your tactics to allow that to happen?

The selection info format on the tactics screen is really frustrating, doesn't even show important things like the players' general positions. Big step backwards in my opinion. It was so easy to use before, why on earth was it changed??? Plus even when I decide that I've had enough and customize the selection info to show the criteria that I want to see, by the time I arrive on the tactics screen for the next match, it's back to the old one. This is my biggest problem with fm15 right now

Defending is absolutely shocking, rendering the game almost unplayable, almost every chance it's turned in, regardless who are you playing against.

I don't understand how year after year we must wait for the final update to really get an enjoyable savegame, i had success on fm14, fm13 and the previous versions, but this one is something special, even though my team leads the table, is unthinkable how a game could be 4-4 on HT when i have a good defence if you take players individually. The match engine needs major tweaking.

It's almost like playing that awful game, fifa manager, when tactics don't count at all.

Defending is absolutely shocking, rendering the game almost unplayable, almost every chance it's turned in, regardless who are you playing against.

I don't understand how year after year we must wait for the final update to really get an enjoyable savegame, i had success on fm14, fm13 and the previous versions, but this one is something special, even though my team leads the table, is unthinkable how a game could be 4-4 on HT when i have a good defence if you take players individually. The match engine needs major tweaking.

It's almost like playing that awful game, fifa manager, when tactics don't count at all.

The fact that others can easily keep clean sheets kinda points to it being your fault and not the game I'm afraid.

EDIT - the team at the top of the league in my save have only conceded 11 goals in 24 games. I've conceded 31 in 23, but then I play quite an attacking tactic with this team, so that's pretty normal. Only conceded one goal in my last three games though, so it's getting there.

The fact that others can easily keep clean sheets kinda points to it being your fault and not the game I'm afraid.

I kept clean sheets also, but this is a rare thing, believe me. What the game renders normal is high scoring games, when it should be otherwise.

27 cleansheets in 61 games last season

So far I have 25 in 51 in my current season (in April).

So no issues here, cliche time: It's your tactics :p

That doesn't always happen & I think there was a thread a few months ago that showed that to be case.

My test save has reached 2039 & so far England's only success was Euro 2034 which they hosted, other than that it's been the usual tale of a few quarter-finals & a semi-final.

Does the hosting thing change something in fm?

Okay after playing a bit I must say I am considerably disappointed with the new hotfix. The ME is really good, but I am yet to see a 0-0 in my Serie A season, and there was only one 1-0 (that is all teams, not just my team). Maybe I am to blame, but it is just not fun to play when the concept is "shoot more goals than your opponent". I tend to get really immersed into FM and this just hammers all illusion of realism for me. There have been problems with goals in previous FMs, but they were usually ironed out after the first patch. Now it was fine before the hotfix, and I would have gladly waited longer to have a patch that doesn't (re-)introduce new problems that break the immersion for me. Then again, the crossing stuff broke the immersion for me, too. So it's okay that SI wanted to fix that. Probably I just pretend more from life eh FM the older I become

I play in the Bundelisga using counter philosophy, and the scores are still way too high.

What's the excuse then?

Post a seasons worth of actual figures in the bugs forum along with your save game and SI will attempt to answer the question.

The trouble is as always, there are as many saying no as there are saying yes :confused:

I kept clean sheets also, but this is a rare thing, believe me. What the game renders normal is high scoring games, when it should be otherwise.

Not true by any means, sorry. Half season played, I had clean sheet in about 50% of my matches. Never conceded more than 2 in a match so far.

It is your tactics, really :)

Okay after playing a bit I must say I am considerably disappointed with the new hotfix. The ME is really good, but I am yet to see a 0-0 in my Serie A season, and there was only one 1-0 (that is all teams, not just my team). Maybe I am to blame, but it is just not fun to play when the concept is "shoot more goals than your opponent". I tend to get really immersed into FM and this just hammers all illusion of realism for me. There have been problems with goals in previous FMs, but they were usually ironed out after the first patch. Now it was fine before the hotfix, and I would have gladly waited longer to have a patch that doesn't (re-)introduce new problems that break the immersion for me. Then again, the crossing stuff broke the immersion for me, too. So it's okay that SI wanted to fix that. Probably I just pretend more from life eh FM the older I become

In my save the Italian league is active. I just counted all the scores in half a season, and:

1 out of every 15 matches ended 0-0

1 out of every 6 matches ended 1-0

1 out of every 6 matches ended either 1-1 or 2-0

1 out of every 3 matches ended either 2-1 or 3-0

So, if we take the average over 30 games:

2 0-0's

5 1-0's

5 1-1's or 2-0's

10 2-1's or 3-0's

So, in about only 8 matches from 30 matches end with more goals then 3.

I saw a few matches with abnormal scores, and looked into them. The one that stood out the most was Roma beating Genoa 7-1 on the road. Genoa played with 3 strikers and 1 AMC in that match, which is a crazy tactic imo. I don't know any team in real life playing with 3 strikers and an AMC supporting them.

If so many people are complaining about the number of goals, then there is definitely a problem. You cant explain this with tactics alone because otherwise there would be this kind of reaction after each update.

I think before the hotfix the main issue were goalkeepers, crosses and corners. After the hotfix its too many goals. Its by far the most talked about issue here. There is a reason for that.

Lets hope SI will rectify that with the next update.

One more note: Among all the active leagues in my game, Italian Seria A is the one with the most goals scored. Serie B has less goals than Serie A as well. The reason has to be tactics in the DB that are assigned to Seria A teams.

I experimented with a test save. I am able to create games with a lot of goals, but I am also able to create games where the two teams in total have less than 15 shots, mostly off target. Really depends on your tactic and the opponent's tactic of course. The ME is perfect in that sense.

If so many people are complaining about the number of goals, then there is definitely a problem. You cant explain this with tactics alone because otherwise there would be this kind of reaction after each update.

I think before the hotfix the main issue were goalkeepers, crosses and corners. After the hotfix its too many goals. Its by far the most talked about issue here. There is a reason for that.

Have you skipped all the posts here contradicting the false accusation about the number of goals? Or did you read them and thought we are all lying? Just curious...

I have 6 clean sheet in my last 9 matches at the moment. Really loving my defensive setup. It comes at a cost though. Only once I managed to score more than 2 goals, which was a 3-0 victory against one of the worst teams in the league. Needless to say, I played with a more offensive tactic in that game.

I can definately concure with some of the posters expressing some concerns regarding the latest Hot Fix. Mr U Rosler is touching on one of the problems in his "Anyone else notice there is a Home Fixture bias" thread...

There is some Closing Down issues that will probably need to be addressed at some point in time in the near future...

People also said there were too many injuries ;)

Really frustrating. Did something tweak in the defending? Prepatch, I hardly conceded goals and was almost unbeatable. After patch everything has gone to hell.

Since the patch my keeper has had two runs of over 10 hours without conceding. Defending is fine.

EDIT - the team at the top of the league in my save have only conceded 11 goals in 24 games. I've conceded 31 in 23, but then I play quite an attacking tactic with this team, so that's pretty normal. Only conceded one goal in my last three games though, so it's getting there.

This is kinda bull isn't it though..

Some people said crossing wasn't an issue last patch because they were playing super narrow diamond formations with no width.

Crossing was an issue, and it was worked on.

Point being, if history in FM teaches us anything, it's that, opinion is going to get divided, people are going to have different experiences, and you can't rule anything out either way.

There are indeed a lot of people complaining about high scores, just as there are people saying it isn't an issue.

Case in point. It has been noted in this thread that humans using attacking tactics are seeing very high scores throughout their league, and with AI vs AI matches. Whereas, those using defensive tactics are citing that scorelines are not a problem.

The actual issue is the vast difference in AI vs AI behaviour/simulation, in response to how the human is playing.

Which party is right?

Since the patch my keeper has had two runs of over 10 hours without conceding. Defending is fine.

The other point, which relates to the above.

This person is keeping clean sheets so obviously there are no problems.

Let's just gloss over, the speeding up and slowing down of players. the bad back passes, the bad back headers, the not-reacting to crosses, or attackers in the box, etc, etc, things that we can all see, clearly are defensive issues....

Don't have any problems defending really, just went 5 or 6 games without conceding a single goal. But when you concede, it's usually more than one :) Overall the number of goals seems a bit high, getting a lot of 4-3, 7-2 etc. results. The game seem to have become easier after the patch, which is not necessarily a good thing, but I can't judge that on just one season where everything has gone to plan!

At the same time, the ME is absolutely great, better than any previous version by far. Yes, there are a bit too many goals, but I'm sure it will get fixed.

This is kinda bull isn't it though..

Some people said crossing wasn't an issue last patch because they were playing super narrow diamond formations with no width.

Crossing was an issue, and it was worked on.

Point being, if history in FM teaches us anything, it's that, opinion is going to get divided, people are going to have different experiences, and you can't rule anything out either way.

There are indeed a lot of people complaining about high scores, just as there are people saying it isn't an issue.

Case in point. It has been noted in this thread that humans using attacking tactics are seeing very high scores throughout their league, and with AI vs AI matches. Whereas, those using defensive tactics are citing that scorelines are not a problem.

The actual issue is the vast difference in AI vs AI behaviour/simulation, in response to how the human is playing.

Which party is right?

The other point, which relates to the above.

This person is keeping clean sheets so obviously there are no problems.

Let's just gloss over, the speeding up and slowing down of players. the bad back passes, the bad back headers, the not-reacting to crosses, or attackers in the box, etc, etc, things that we can all see, clearly are defensive issues....

I'm using a range of tactics from counter to offensive control, and scores are pretty normal. The AI vs AI scores in my save are also normal. Rather than debating back and forth, look at Kriss' reply to you and upload pkms and such for them to have a look at if you are seeing anything that is abnormal.

I'm using a range of tactics from counter to offensive control, and scores are pretty normal. The AI vs AI scores in my save are also normal. Rather than debating back and forth, look at Kriss' reply to you and upload pkms and such for them to have a look at if you are seeing anything that is abnormal.

What I really meant to say was, it bothers me when people say, I'm not having this issue, so all the people who are, are obviously wrong. This is poppycock

More so considering, the complexity of the ME, and how something simple like one change to a TI can radically change your fortunes

Archived