Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

May I ask if the soak tests for the new hotfix have shown a higher goal per match average than before? In my Serie A the average seems to be have increased again from 2.5 before the hotfix to 3.0. I hope this is just a fluke...

NV9n75x.png

Pretty realistic score for a cup final eh :lol:?

Started a new Serie A save after the hotfix, generally seeing too much goals per game.

SVcbLZnl.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are the Serie A scores looking like when they aren't skewed by human players using attacking tactics which skew the overall numbers?

I'm not seing that many high scoring games, actually almost none. It's just the general number of goals that has increased, as it seems. However, I would have bet that SI took very much care during the hotfix creation that the changes to the match engine are balanced and don't change the nearly perfect number of goals that was reached before. After all that was the number one complaint before crosses came up :)

Guest El Payaso
FM has always been so, absolute realism in that respect would make many matches exceedingly dull (real life is the best example you can give)

I wish they would make chances created religiously accurate and allow the users who want slapstick football to create it via their tactics.

But it's been better in some versions. Logical type of goals. Especially FM 09 was fantastic in this aspect. Really enjoyed it back then, especially my careers with Finnish and Mexico national teams. With Finland we conceded and created logical type of goals and with Mexico it was quite a bit different... Realism isn't really the thing that I would suggest, more like balance between attack and defence. Like you said: many football matches are boring and it would certainly make viewing the games in FM too boring. It just doesn't feel rewarding for me to score and concede from magnificent individual efforts where one player just decides that it is time to score now or from illogical build-ups. In older versions I remember being happy when I managed to create a style of play that created me scoring chances and even happier when started to score goals. Now it happens more automatically and maybe even too easy?

The tactical side... I know that it is more than enough for most of the users but once again we come to this 'being rewarding' thing. You see people who know nothing about tactical side of football being heavily succesful and I'm also being succesful with the tactic that I created at the start of first season and used maybe one or two minutes to create it and there really isn't need or options for me to tweak it as the tweaking I would like to do is unavailable (movement as a team and passing patterns). Maybe that 'giant killer'-tactic will give me some work to do other than just watching the games. :)

Nice to see the English players are as hilariously overrated as ever, European Championship winners and World Cup Semi's. Every youngster the next Pele or Cruyff. Tone it down lads eh?

They really aren't, barely any decent English regens on my save, most are Brazilian.

Nice to see the English players are as hilariously overrated as ever, European Championship winners and World Cup Semi's. Every youngster the next Pele or Cruyff. Tone it down lads eh?

Twice World Cup and twice European Championship winners on my save. Seems about right, not our fault we're the best nation there is :)

What are the Serie A scores looking like when they aren't skewed by human players using attacking tactics which skew the overall numbers?

I would not say they were that high, I started this season after the update and it is really enjoyable.

My season so far ..... http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277502648569/802952F38339D2CBCA3FE9E1CDDE1F217592B78C/

Just don't mention my 5-1 drubbing from Roma.... :(

My poacher is certainly not complaining http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277502758270/1FE17C05A9F0572772AF8705701E237A39E2B54C/

:D

When making subs by dragging one player from the bench to replace a starting 11, it always drags/lags for a couple seconds.

Im only in 2nd season, 10 leagues open with top of range laptop.

I play full screen 1920x 1080 60 .00 HZ

Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

This seems way off compared to real life statistics, though? http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=brazil3 2.26 per match (brazilians actually don't seem to score much at all) for group A in Division 3

It's only one season so statistically not really valid and as it's 4 seasons in I'll settle for it being my influence on Brazilian football. :D

But it's been better in some versions. :)

I disagree, the number of chances might have been closer to reality in some versions of FM but in every other respect this version is superior i.e. the way the scores are created.

I suspect there'll be no changes which will directly affect it now as it's very close to FM's norm.

Player interaction still a complete mess.

I tell Nastasic we'll win the CL to stop him leaving. In March we go out of the competition. The next day the whole squad revolts at my treatment of him and demand I sell him. I can't sell him in March and having my whole squad pissed off and my board demanding I sort the situation out is an absolute joke. Sort it out SI.

It seems the new hotfix increased the chances of high scoring games again. I am seeing 6-4, 6-5 a little to often now, compared to 15.1.3.

It seems another update is needed...

And i mean i a fully tested and balanced update, please take your time to fully improve the ME with a major update. Game is playable now, although with a bit too many goals for my liking.

It seems the new hotfix increased the chances of high scoring games again. I am seeing 6-4, 6-5 a little to often now, compared to 15.1.3.

It seems another update is needed...

How much of that is due to your tactics though?

I've played three home games since the update winning 4-0, 3-1 & 2-0.

And i mean i a fully tested and balanced update, please take your time to fully improve the ME with a major update. Game is playable now, although with a bit too many goals for my liking.

All updates are tested. Rolling out an update is not as easy as you allude to.

If you have specific examples, upload the PKMS

This is the key. Human managers create (unknowingly maybe sometimes) super attacking tactics, and start getting those unrealistic scores. I played half a season, with many leagues loaded, and I've not seen a league with cricket scores.

To counter example some people with ultra-high scores, the total goals per game in my matches is less than 2.0 at the moment, since I am playing with a defensive tactic.

Goals per game is spot on in this ME.

My assistant manager Patrick Vieira has won French Manager of the Year 2 years running, managing just 8 games for me last year, 17 this year. Never even noticed it last season. Should assistant managers be able to win that award? :D

Same comment popped up in an earlier thread, where the vast majority of posters confirmed that it's a breath of fresh air compared to FM14. I had a penalty shoot out last night with two saves and two complete misses. I've seen plenty of penalties not go in for one reason or another.

Agreed, my team alone has probably missed more than I've seen in my total playing time of FM 14... Then again, as 1/4 of all penalties are missed in real life, so there's still not enough in FM, but I do also know that there are too little penalties awarded overall. I suppose it's hard to balance the amount of penalties awarded, so that's why SI chose to increase the conversion rate, otherwise a scored penalty would happen only once in like 10 matches. But as I said, already much better than in FM 14 in my opinion

After a bit of testing with the patch, it does indeed look like there is a definite improvement in terms of defending against wide players, and against crosses as well. Seems fair to ask now for a buff in conversion rates for top strikers when the few good crosses reach them? My big target man striker can't get a goal from a header to save his life (has scored 15+ goals for 3 consecutive seasons, not a single one from a header, and that is not from lack of trying, or bad stats), and the very best strikers regularly miss tap ins from whipped crosses by putting the ball straight to the goalkeeper. Doesn't seem to affect just me either, the opposing teams seem to suffer from the same malady, curious to see players like Benzema, Ronaldo, Diego Costa, etc consistently miss these chances.

Underhit passes seem to still be an issue. But not a huge deal. Then there is throw ins in the final third that are chucked into an area with no teammates, in spite of an instruction to throw short and retain possession?

Then there is throw ins in the final third that are chucked into an area with no teammates, in spite of an instruction to throw short and retain possession?

Could do with a bug report and pkm for that if possible.

Has anyone else noticed the 'Making tactical changes...' bar flash up at the bottom of the screen during games several times even though no changes are being made?

Also the bar at the top greys out, this never happened previously.

Bug surely?

This has been reported and is a known issue. :thup:
Is this a particular issue for Macs? Asking because I use one and this is the only mention of the issue I've seen on this thread, whereas I had expected more complaints. Makes the match experience pretty rotten for me. Happens several times in a row, multiple times a game. Probably 25 instances during a match, in all.

I don't get it. I'm playing the same game, and seeing plenty of 1-0's, 0-0's and 1-1's. SI's soak stats should have the final say on this.

In what league are you playing? It seems the top leagues are fairly balanced, but if you go down the ladder the balance fails...

since when 'tactics' in real life produce those scores lol

Maybe because no team in real life uses such tactics? You have to look at AI vs AI matches to reach a conclusion. If the default tactics in the game that AI uses (and there are plenty of those tactics available) are not producing crazy scores, it means it IS your tactics.

They don't happen IRL because RL managers don't use the overly attacking tactics we see some FM users using.

When I compare my games to some of the online games people are playing, I see massive difference in scores. A lot of people enjoy the game more when they see more goals, which is OK. Game allows you to use setups that no RL manager would use, but when you get unrealistic scorelines then, you should not blame the ME for those high scores.

I have first 2 divisions from most European nations active in my game. For bigger nations I have 3 or 4 divisions active.

Just looked at Sky Bet League 2 matches. Goals per game is less than 3.0 at the moment, so I see nothing wrong with it.

Edit: It is around 2.6-2.7 actually. Real life stats should be around that value too, as far as I know.

The one thing that makes this the best ME ever is just how unpredictable the play is.

Most people here have probably played every version since the 3d highlights first came about, in all the the previous versions if lets say you lost the ball in midfield you knew that that was going to result in a goal chance for the opposition(extended highlights).

In this version I am seeing a change in direction of play 4 or maybe even 5 times.

An example I just had in my last game, we are on the attack and a poor pass from my midfielder gives the ball away, I was cursing at him and in the past it would mean a chance for the opposing side.

This year it is all different, another midfielder comes in with a good challenge and we win the ball back, we then move forward and my WB is 20 yards from their goal on the right wing, he then loses the ball and they break, this time a poor cross from their side give us the ball back, yet again we break and after a few passes we have an attempt at goal.

It is so good not knowing for sure that just because I lose or win the ball it will for sure result in a chance at a goal, there seems to be still a good chance of something else happening and a totally different outcome.

Just looked at Sky Bet League 2 matches. Goals per game is less than 3.0 at the moment, so I see nothing wrong with it.

Edit: It is around 2.6-2.7 actually. Real life stats should be around that value too, as far as I know.

I'm managing in the Conference just now and give or take a week or so, am around the same stage as real life.

Real life...

TaN5PY0.png

My game...

cO0Ytqy.png

Nothing really jumping out as being significantly different. Look how similar my own team's goals are compared to Torquay in 7th in real life. Spooky.

The one thing that makes this the best ME ever is just how unpredictable the play is.

Most people here have probably played every version since the 3d highlights first came about, in all the the previous versions if lets say you lost the ball in midfield you knew that that was going to result in a goal chance for the opposition(extended highlights).

In this version I am seeing a change in direction of play 4 or maybe even 5 times.

An example I just had in my last game, we are on the attack and a poor pass from my midfielder gives the ball away, I was cursing at him and in the past it would mean a chance for the opposing side.

This year it is all different, another midfielder comes in with a good challenge and we win the ball back, we then move forward and my WB is 20 yards from their goal on the right wing, he then loses the ball and they break, this time a poor cross from their side give us the ball back, yet again we break and after a few passes we have an attempt at goal.

It is so good not knowing for sure that just because I lose or win the ball it will for sure result in a chance at a goal, there seems to be still a good chance of something else happening and a totally different outcome.

Totally agree here, it's one of my favourite new bits of the ME (motion-cap being the best addition imo) it makes games more exciting than previous editions.

I'm managing in the Conference just now and give or take a week or so, am around the same stage as real life.

Real life...

TaN5PY0.png

My game...

cO0Ytqy.png

Nothing really jumping out as being significantly different. Look how similar my own team's goals are compared to Torquay in 7th in real life. Spooky.

Just counted the goals. Roughly real life has 2.6 goals per match and in game 2.85. So no such big deal, but still there is a slight issue, that might be worse for lower leagues.

0.25 does seem like nothing, but in a season with 550 matches, that is 138 goals scored more than in real life

Just counted the goals. Roughly real life has 2.6 goals per match and in game 2.85. So no such big deal, but still there is a slight issue, that might be worse for lower leagues.

0.25 does seem like nothing, but in a season with 550 matches, that is 138 goals scored more than in real life

In fairness though, one is real life this year, the other is fictional in 2016. I've no idea what the Conference's goal tally was at this point 2 years ago, may have been 2.85, might have been more. There's always going to be variation season on season. You also have to factor some teams being more attacking, having weaker defences etc.

The main point being made with these two images is that there's a fairly negligible difference, and they've pretty much got it spot on. Making changes for the sake of it might end up being counter productive.

I think the current build of the ME is close to being bang on, a remarkable achievement for this early in its lifecycle. Just a few small tweaks needed. Some effort. Perhaps they can then have full concentration on sorting out the buggy mess that is player interaction, then we'll have a stellar game.

Hardest version to crack for me.

Prob going to end up uninstalling and calling it a day on the series.

No matter what tactic I use or how indepth I go with a team I just find it impossible to get any form going.

It has to be me as I've seen so many other people doing well with the game.

Hardest version to crack for me.

Prob going to end up uninstalling and calling it a day on the series.

No matter what tactic I use or how indepth I go with a team I just find it impossible to get any form going.

It has to be me as I've seen so many other people doing well with the game.

So just ask for advice in the tactics forum?

Archived