Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Like 5 posts before yours WWFan is agreeing that it's buggy.
WWFan was commenting on the other clip. I was far too focused on the keeper to notice all the other problems, but that's why he's the guru and not me!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No team in the world gets 52 shots in one game. Especially not at in highest level of top league

Wolfsburg had 38 shots on goal against Everton last night, a game that they lost 2-0. Had that happened on FM, people would have been screaming 'broken' from the rooftops.

Feedback after half a season; AI still seems fairly successful at it's crossing, whereas mine has been nerfed, with heading weirdly inaccurate (16 heading, 17 jumping, 14 finishing Alberto Cerri completely ineffective for example). But certainly an improvement in the main, however, GK rebounds seem to spin off to the side and be scored now, rather than straight in front of them. Goals are scored through the centre at last.

Anyone else having an issue with GK distribution? Mine is set to short and play to my DLP, but he seems to completely ignore his PI and just plays the ball wherever he feels like. Result is a horrible pass completion rate (48.5% last match) because I don't have any tall players up front that can reliably get on the end off long balls from my GK.

Anyone else having an issue with GK distribution? Mine is set to short and play to my DLP, but he seems to completely ignore his PI and just plays the ball wherever he feels like. Result is a horrible pass completion rate (48.5% last match) because I don't have any tall players up front that can reliably get on the end off long balls from my GK.

Some goalkeeper distribution methods don't really enable the keeper to pick out the player easily. This one, and the Target Man method are two examples. Please upload examples to the bugs forum to give SI something to refer to.

Is anyone else having issues with their Head of youth Development (or whoever they have given the find and sign youth players responsibility to) actually signing players ? I'm through 5 transfer windows now and he hasn't attempted to sign a single player. The very first thing I did was sign the best HoYD I could find, but I'm not sure it's working as intended.

Isn't HOYD and bringing in youth players to do with your youth intake and not simply buying players?

So I was writing my annual review on Steam for FM15, and it occurred to me to look at the reviews page for the game. It loads the top 20 most rated reviews and they are all negative. It makes me wonder if SI even see this sort of thing or even care about it? I mean, here we are in this massive and nearly unreadable feedback thread where we all post all the things we have to say about the game and it again makes one wonder... do they read it? Are any of the things that are being posted in here again and again for the past several years even being seen? An awful lot of them certainly aren't changing. One might argue that hey, most of the feedback on Steam is positive for this game, as of this moment 73% but does that really excuse the entire front page being negative reviews? An awful lot of sites are like this when reading reviews for this game. I just hope reviews are being read and taken seriously. Just sharing my thoughts and hey, I kept it in the feedback thread as expected, hopefully it makes a difference.

Initial gut feeling is that now the opposition is having an even harder time picking out my wingers (W(a) and IF(a)) than before. But I have to analyze a bit on the saved matches I have, to really see what is going on.

I am creating a lot of chances from this. More than I probably should :)

Guest El Payaso
Wolfsburg had 38 shots on goal against Everton last night, a game that they lost 2-0. Had that happened on FM, people would have been screaming 'broken' from the rooftops.
It's not just the statistics that are wrong but also how the chances are created and how many of them appear. Would love to see comprehensive highlights of that match if someone would post a videolink.

This is one of the worst batterings I remember in real life: PSG v Ajaccio:

7ab75Kp.png

And highlights:

I wouldn't complain about that even though the difference between quality is bigger here than it is between my Oviedo and Barcelona in game. At least those Ajaccio players are trying to make it hard for PSG and PSGs chances are properly created instead of one man taking on the whole defence and then setting up the second attacking player. And both goals from even not a half chance. I don't think that PSG even had that many CCCs counted in a way that the game does.

The biggest difference IMO is the edge of penalty area where those Ajaccio players are committing themselves and trying to rush the shooter and block the shot when in the game those shots are always completely free shots that quality players IRL would convert with percentage.

Isn't HOYD and bringing in youth players to do with your youth intake and not simply buying players?

No, there is a setting where you can set him to actively go out and buy players for the youth team just like the DOF would for the first team. You can even set the DOF to do so.

And yes, my HOYD has not made a single bid for a player. However, I put it down to having good coverage in all positions. I suspect if you have a depleted youth squad and a transfer budget, he will actually attempt to sign players. It would be nice if he tried to buy better, or higher potential, players though.

I have more injuries with the new patch, which in my opinion makes it more realistic. But the game also seems way too easy now. I suddenly win away against clearly better teams with results like 1-5 and 2-6, and I am honestly not a very good tactician.

No, there is a setting where you can set him to actively go out and buy players for the youth team just like the DOF would for the first team. You can even set the DOF to do so.

And yes, my HOYD has not made a single bid for a player. However, I put it down to having good coverage in all positions. I suspect if you have a depleted youth squad and a transfer budget, he will actually attempt to sign players. It would be nice if he tried to buy better, or higher potential, players though.

What level are you at? If it's quite a high level, then players who would be better than what you have that are young are going to cost a fortune. It may be he has identified a few targets but is put off by the cost. Would be handy to have news items telling you this though.

Are these proper reviews though, or just 'OMGZZZZ!!! too many injuries, game is broken, we're all beta testers' type reviews?

EDIT - that was clearly in response to tieio

It has 811 positive reviews, against 299 negative. That's quite good imo. But yeah it's mainly people moaning about injuries because they haven't bothered to find out how to prevent them.

So I was writing my annual review on Steam for FM15, and it occurred to me to look at the reviews page for the game. It loads the top 20 most rated reviews and they are all negative. It makes me wonder if SI even see this sort of thing or even care about it? I mean, here we are in this massive and nearly unreadable feedback thread where we all post all the things we have to say about the game and it again makes one wonder... do they read it? Are any of the things that are being posted in here again and again for the past several years even being seen? An awful lot of them certainly aren't changing. One might argue that hey, most of the feedback on Steam is positive for this game, as of this moment 73% but does that really excuse the entire front page being negative reviews? An awful lot of sites are like this when reading reviews for this game. I just hope reviews are being read and taken seriously. Just sharing my thoughts and hey, I kept it in the feedback thread as expected, hopefully it makes a difference.

It's an interesting point, and I'd be interested to hear SI's thoughts on it (this isn't me actually asking for that, because SI don't/won't reply on here, but I digress). In my opinion, I'd imagine they'd only really care about professional reviews, and a smattering of user reviews. Be honest, what percentage of user reviews for any product - game, electronics, hotels, restuarants - do you actually look at and think "that's a fair and balanced opinion of this person"? You can tell pretty much straight off the bat whether a review is going to be useful or not, and I'd like to think that they take a look through these and pick out any of the more sensible points and take them under review. But a lot of these reviews they can probably discount - either because they say things they already know, or that they are just...garbage really.

EDIT: I was interested to see these reviews actually, so went and took a look on the steam page. On the "helpful" tab of reviews, the first three complain about injuries being bugged, which they aren't. Not a great start. The rest seem to be a hotch-potch of the "hot issues" complained about, with varying degrees of veracity. There are some corkers...

horrible cross manager 2015
please release a game that works; you spend each year just ‘updating’ - then charge us for it; stop taking our money for v. minor changes! Other games would be laughed at.
If you buy it. You should buy more all item in game. it so badddddddddd

so now i need to sell this game not make me fun at all

Microtransactions.... need I say more! will never buy another Footy Manager, they've completely lost the plot with this one.

The last one in particular tickled me...

But more seriously, I get really annoyed with reviews like that. I have absolutely no problem with someone writing a balanced review about a game, which some of the negative ones will be. But writing one sentence, without actually checking if that one sentence is valid or makes sense, really annoys me.

So I was writing my annual review on Steam for FM15, and it occurred to me to look at the reviews page for the game. It loads the top 20 most rated reviews and they are all negative.

This is a common thing you find on a lot of feedback sites. People are much more likely to post, read and share reviews if they are extremely unhappy with something as compared to those who are happy. There has been a lot of talk about this regarding reviews of hotels on sites such as trip advisor. It makes sense, I have stayed in many nice places but not said a word, yet if I stay somewhere horrible I feel the need to share my anger. I assume similar things hold for games. I think it is clear that SI pay attention to feedback, the most obvious case in point would be the addition of roles on the tactics screen in the current patch. Something people have been asking for since the release of the beta.

I have to say that the feedback and response to bug reporting from SI is the best I have experienced with the games I play most regularly. Whilst I am sure nobody would seriously acknowledge that there are not flaws in the game, I for one am confident that the majority of the most severe ones will be ironed out in future patches. The one area I would suggest SI could improve is with support for the editor (naturally, since I am an avid user of this). I think most users would also be in agreement that the game was perfectly playable out of the box, and there are some irritating problems (the save time was one, this is fixed; goalkeepers, which have been improved and will be more so) but nothing that makes me thing "I cannot play this game as it currently is".

But more seriously, I get really annoyed with reviews like that. I have absolutely no problem with someone writing a balanced review about a game, which some of the negative ones will be. But writing one sentence, without actually checking if that one sentence is valid or makes sense, really annoys me.

You can probably count the amount of well written critical reviews on that site on one hand.

Like 5 posts before yours WWFan is agreeing that it's buggy.

OT - Asking again for a new page :

Is anyone else having issues with their Head of youth Development (or whoever they have given the find and sign youth players responsibility to) actually signing players ? I'm through 5 transfer windows now and he hasn't attempted to sign a single player. The very first thing I did was sign the best HoYD I could find, but I'm not sure it's working as intended.

Before you make a comment, please make sure you're commenting on the proper post first, WWFan is talking about the other clip on this page, jeez some people. :confused:

Guest El Payaso
FM's idea of a successful dribble is different to that in real life, so its pointless comparing the FM stats to anything OPTA churn out.
Well once again it's not competely about the stat but how these dribbles happen. Players are trying to dribble in situations where they would never do in real life because in game they know that they're going to be succesful and IRL the manager wouldn't allow it because dribbling is a huge risk of losing possession. I remember in this season I was shouted every time from the bench even when I completed a dribble because those attempts were risky... :D I'm one of the best dribblers in the serie I have been playing but I would never be able to make those runs that they make in FM (from halfway line to edge of box and even through the middle) because one of the defending players would anticipate or read that and would simply just block my way and I'd be dispossessed. Dribbling really isn't an effective attacking tool in real life. Chelsea tried to win the Premier league through Hazard's dribbling ability and teams like Crystal Palace and Aston Villa made him ineffective as they spotted it...

Some thoughts about the patch :

The only positive thing for me, is that the time to save is shorter. :applause:

But I didn't see any improvements about defending on crosses or corner kicks situations.

I score a lot of goals since the update and I conceed more goals too. Look at theses scores ! 4-5, 5-0, 6-1, 7-2, 3-4, 4-2, 2-3...

cjUf6t.png

Some thoughts about the patch :

The only positive thing for me, is that the time to save is shorter. :applause:

But I didn't see any improvements about defending on crosses or corner kicks situations.

I score a lot of goals since the update and I conceed more goals too. Look at theses scores ! 4-5, 5-0, 6-1, 7-2, 3-4, 4-2, 2-3...

cjUf6t.png

Can you confirm what your tactical setup is?

What level are you at? If it's quite a high level, then players who would be better than what you have that are young are going to cost a fortune. It may be he has identified a few targets but is put off by the cost. Would be handy to have news items telling you this though.

I'm Spurs , have a top HoYD and left 40 million in the bank specifically so there was money there for him to bid on players.

I'm gonna give my U18 the responsibility for the next transfer window to see if it's a HoYD issue or an issue in general.

I had no problems getting them to attempt to buy youth in 14.

NilDScH.png

Took a massive risk changing patches with 5 games to go, but if anything my set-up has got stronger :). Also very happy with saving time, flicked back onto it and its already done!

Those scores are pretty nuts jitao09. I assume you are quite an Attacking team, considering the number of goals you concede in some games? What sort of goals are you conceding?

Yes I play with an offensive tactic. I conceed a lot of goals on crosses and on corner kicks (first post) but I also score a lot of goals thanks to crosses.

Perhaps this season (#3) that is true as I went and bought a fair few youngsters, but Sassuolo starts with probably the worst youth team in Serie A, so finding something better at a cheap rate would have been easy. This season I went and bought over 15 16-17 year olds for around £0-£1m, just to replace my poor youth team. I've played 7 season with Villa (£150m budget towards the end), 2 with Leverkusen and 3 with Sassuolo, and I'm yet to see the HOYD make a bid for a player. But as I said I've always had ample coverage in each position, so I suspect that is why.

Please upload them to the bugs forum. Your experience seems to differ to other users, so it would be incredibly helpful for SI to see these examples.

Im ingame atm, and might uploaded them later to the bug forum.

Here are two from this season (since the patch). I've seen at least two more since yesterdays patch, all in the same season. I saw so many before yesterdays patch I got tired uploading them.

I sent a pkm named RC Lens v Olympique Lyonnais

I have conceeded 4 goals, one on a corner kick situation (9:00), two others on crosses situations (32:00 and 51:00).

I dont see any improvement in this update concerning the ME, and I'm very disappointed.

Forget about the ME. The player happiness has got issues. I have young players who ask to go out on loan and then reject every loan offer. Once the promise about going on loan ends, the player wants to leave. It's like a cycle with no solution besides selling the player.

cc00c17a137b7fe0f5e6d39ee32fdefe.png

f26c80d483058d976c13eb332c540021.png

It even says he recognizes that attempts were made. Is he looking for the perfect loan move or what?

Guest El Payaso

You can check Barcelona's and Real Madrid's recent stats from here:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/5435/Stages/11363/TeamStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2014-2015

Shots per game isn't 20-30 for any team and dribbles per game for best teams are almost the same that best players make in one game in FM.

Surely that is badly wrong in the game and needs a review?

I sent a pkm named RC Lens v Olympique Lyonnais

I have conceeded 4 goals, one on a corner kick situation (9:00), two others on crosses situations (32:00 and 51:00).

I dont see any improvement in this update concerning the ME, and I'm very disappointed.

You're still going to see goals from crosses and corners you know, two very potent means of attacking.

Uploading one game isn't going to tell them anything, you'd be better playing a whole season, and looking at the league stats to ascertain if one type of assist is uncommonly high.

Did they really have that many? Wow.

Most of them were long shots - wonder if that is what makes some of the stats look a bit over the top.

Did they really have that many? Wow.

Most of them were long shots - wonder if that is what makes some of the stats look a bit over the top.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics, as they say.

But yeah. 38 shots to 11 and losing 2-0. Wolfsburg were well and truly FM'd!

Guest El Payaso
Lies, damn lies, and statistics, as they say.

But yeah. 38 shots to 11 and losing 2-0. Wolfsburg were well and truly FM'd!

Quite childish arguments here as no-one hasn't posted the highlights and you're not able to tell whether they had proper opportunities or not. I watched that Barcelona-game of mine again and really the performance was as horrible as I remembered. Suárez and Neymar contantly cutting inside from flanks and taking on 3-4 players with ease... Also most of the shots they got were those 'unchallenged' ones and I'm confused how they didn't score something like 10-15 goals from them. Messi even missed a penalty.

Hotfix 1.5

Goalkeeper on the ground:

Goalkeeper starts to move much quicker than before, that's good!

But still then moves toooo slowly, that's bad...

A missed opportunity that will never get fixed as they missed this obvious fault.

Archived