Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

So I tried to sign Lloris manually. I declared interest etc etc and he became unhappy when my bid was rejected. I got up to £25m before giving up.

Checked later on in the season (about 3 months) and he was still unhappy. I declared interest in him and he was happy again waiting for a formal bid. I went to bid for him again and noticed the option was available for my board to deal, which they duly accepted upon my request. They signed him for £20m :D

Why would they accept a bid of £5m less, 3 months down the line?

You could have had him even sooner than 3 months. You put effort into getting him. Spurs will try and persuade him to stay, but once they realise there's no changing his mind, they'll be a lot more open to the idea of selling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone can help me with this I'd be grateful, basically each season my players are all unhappy that I started pre-season training to early, this is inspite of the fact I gave them 7 weeks pre-season so not sure what else I could have done, not only this but I am told about this by my coaches every single week and for a lot of the season too, this surely cant be right.

If anyone can help me with this I'd be grateful, basically each season my players are all unhappy that I started pre-season training to early, this is inspite of the fact I gave them 7 weeks pre-season so not sure what else I could have done, not only this but I am told about this by my coaches every single week and for a lot of the season too, this surely cant be right.

You do realise when you pick between 7/6/5/4 weeks preseason, you're picking how many weeks of pre-season you're going to be training and not how many weeks you're giving them off right? :D

Don't know where else to put this but last game of my 2014/2015 season as Crewe, I'm playing at home and my weather is dry at 37 degrees. I've checked Barnsley and Doncaster but their weather is drizzle between 13 and 19 degrees. So either I'm in some alternate universe or it's a bug. I know it's a small one but I've never seen that temperature before at the start of May.

Free kicks are annoying after the patch, always (any player kicks the ball wide of the goal, most of the time goes over the bar). It is clear that in reality is not all that free kick goal is, but these kicks are fully robotic, there must be more random collections in the game.

After the patch 15.1.4 realized many goals going in goalkeepers who are still standing, simply has no reaction, no movement to defend the shot.

I believe many people are expecting a more consistent patch to start a save, because the game has everything to be a lot of fun!

Okay, I'm in my third season with Southampton. In my first season, I didn't have any problems with this. In my second season, I sold too many and made too many signings and we played like crap for most of the year and had some problems with this. Now in my third season, we started the season kicking some butt but all of a sudden, in 4 of my last 5 games (my last four games played in England), we have allowed a goal after the 90min mark in every single game which has cost us points in all four. In one of them, there was 2 seconds left in the game when they scored it. Also, my defenders are losing stamina quite fast even though I don't play them unless they're fitness is 95%+ and closing down is on a much less for them. We also play possession with slow pace and yet the end of the game, they are around 70%. Their match fit is 100%, their stamina is fine for a center defender so I don't get it. And I know you'll say I allow the goals because they're tired. However,the first game where this happened, my center back got tired so I subbed in a 95% Eder Alvarez-Balanta in the 84th min. In the 90th min, he has a guy open down the line and shanks it terribly straight to a defender 5 yards away and they counter for the tying goal. Also had lots of pks and reds allowed this season, probably more than my whole last season already and it's only October. I'm using the same tactics so I'm not sure why everything has gone crazy. Any suggestions?

While I cant comment on losing the goals in extra time in so many games, I can tell you that I change my mentality from Attack to Control if I go 2 goals up, when there is around 15 minutes left of the game I then switch to Contain. This slows the game down and wastes time. So maybe try doing similar and it may help.

Hi All,

Slightly annoyed with this years FM, have bought every years since the Champ Man days but this one has to be the least realistic game so far. I have had the game about a month and have played on and off sporadically, basically because the ridiculousness of the red cards and injuries. Then I decide to give it another go but it just gets worse.

I have started new games with 3 teams now and the same things happen every time. I get almost a red card every game and at least two injuries, I haven't got any hard tackle instructions on and my players are on medium workload in training and all match fit.

I started playing with Ipswich, within the first 4 games I had half the first team out with medium to long term injuries, and 3 players suspended. I got to January and picked up a few loans to tide me over, all three players got injured the first game they played.

I then switched to Southampton where the same story played out, two injuries a game, in fact in one I had 3 injuries and then got another in the 80th minute when I had no subs, just enough time left to get a red card and finish the game with 9 men! It was then I gave up, disheartened with the game.

A week passed and I decided to try my luck with Man Utd...excellent facilities, top players, great staff, what could go wrong right? 2nd game of the season and Rooney gets injured while playing up front on his own, so I bring on Van Persie, within minutes he gets injured, so I replace him with Alcacer who I just bought, immediately he gets injured, I then bring on a youngster who I've bought from Brazil, Barbosa, guess what, he gets injured! Then Fellaini goes and gets red carded. All of this happened before the 65th minute!

I have counted so far this season, its just after Xmas, 18 games played;

66 Yellow Cards

13 Red Cards

39 Injuries - not including the knocks

That's 3.6 Yellows a game

0.72 Reds a game

2.16 injuries a game

There's still half a season left to play! I don't care what anyone says that isn't normal. Its happened every game. I am not buying the next release until this has been sorted, it completely ruins the point of the game, its supposed to be a realistic management simulation game and its turned into a joke!

not sure what's worse... conceding 2 goals in 89th and 93rd (30yarder) to lose 2-1 after my keeper saved a penalty in 87th min...

or my game crashing about 2 minutes after it ended when I hadnt saved in a few weeks.

I know this situation could have been rectified with " bettertactics" and " regular saving" but :mad:

Hi All,

Slightly annoyed with this years FM, have bought every years since the Champ Man days but this one has to be the least realistic game so far. I have had the game about a month and have played on and off sporadically, basically because the ridiculousness of the red cards and injuries. Then I decide to give it another go but it just gets worse.

I have started new games with 3 teams now and the same things happen every time. I get almost a red card every game and at least two injuries, I haven't got any hard tackle instructions on and my players are on medium workload in training and all match fit.

I started playing with Ipswich, within the first 4 games I had half the first team out with medium to long term injuries, and 3 players suspended. I got to January and picked up a few loans to tide me over, all three players got injured the first game they played.

I then switched to Southampton where the same story played out, two injuries a game, in fact in one I had 3 injuries and then got another in the 80th minute when I had no subs, just enough time left to get a red card and finish the game with 9 men! It was then I gave up, disheartened with the game.

A week passed and I decided to try my luck with Man Utd...excellent facilities, top players, great staff, what could go wrong right? 2nd game of the season and Rooney gets injured while playing up front on his own, so I bring on Van Persie, within minutes he gets injured, so I replace him with Alcacer who I just bought, immediately he gets injured, I then bring on a youngster who I've bought from Brazil, Barbosa, guess what, he gets injured! Then Fellaini goes and gets red carded. All of this happened before the 65th minute!

66 Yellow Cards

13 Red Cards

0.72 Reds a game

2.16 injuries a game

There's still half a season left to play! I don't care what anyone says that isn't normal. Its happened every game. I am not buying the next release until this has been sorted, it completely ruins the point of the game, its supposed to be a realistic management simulation game and its turned into a joke!

January of my second season and not a suspension or injury in sight

N2YndpM.png?1

66 Yellow Cards

13 Red Cards

0.72 Reds a game

2.16 injuries a game

Injuries and a lot of yellow and red cards, I can almost see the instructions you are giving your players. ;)

66 Yellow Cards

13 Red Cards

0.72 Reds a game

2.16 injuries a game

I'm 10 games into my current season, have one first team player out injured (have had 3 others out with minor injuries earlier in the season), have picked up 6 yellow cards and no reds.

Sorry to say but your issues look like they're being caused by yourself, unless you're just having monumental bad luck.

Hi,

bit of feedback, overall the hotfix has improved the game massively so thanks to the developers for that (being an IT consultant myself we never hear the positives so please pass it on!)

There are still a few issues though,

- GK's are still a bit dodgy, they are hugely improved but some of the reactions to deflections and rebounds are still a touch off, not far though. Have uploaded a bug in the forum to show this.

- Strikers when clean through sometimes just slow up and dont press on as would happen in a real lif instance, if a striker has a clear chance on goal i would expect them to run at top speed, they dont seem to.

- Marking with defenders can be a bit shoddy, uploaded a bug where 5 defenders stood around a striker who tapped it into the net. These instances are now rare but do happen.

- Players still moaning about lack of playing time.

- longshots sometimes feel a bit too good, had one in a game where the guy turned on a sixpence and smacked it into the top corner with two defenders in front of him. Earlier a stupendous volley went in (an absolute beauty), the volley 'felt' ok but the turn and shot was proper ronaldo tackle, in the championship, I dont think so.

Feels like another patch and the game is 99% there. Thanks for the effort.

After making 3 subs I got 4 injuries and two red cards in the last 20 minutes of the game... that was one weird formation at the end!

Surely the game is abandoned if you go down to 7 players. I'm not 100% sure on whether the score stays as it is or if the team forfeits, but you can't play with 5 players...did you actually have 5 on the field at one point??

Or were some of the injuries "green" so you didn't have to take them off?

Don't know if it's been reported or if it is a bug, Noticed this a few times now, At least once a week [%PERSON#1-SURNAME]

How do I sort it out if it's not a bug please

Y7d8b9j.jpg

Could you upload your save to the FTP from just before this message appears?

Then report it here and mention what you named the file: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/453-Media-News-and-Press-Conferences

Thanks.

66 Yellow Cards

13 Red Cards

0.72 Reds a game

2.16 injuries a game

You are closing down heavily and have your players getting stuck in all the time, right? This is always going to lead to an increased number of injuries since you are demanding a lot of your players physically. The cards happen because with closing down you are instructing them to get the ball; more attempted tackles leads to more fouls which leads to more cards. Try backing off a bit and only using extremes of closing down for brief periods of games to establish dominance.

FWIW, I am currently starting my second season of my current save. I have yet to get a single player sent off and won the fair play award for least number of cards. I also average less than 10 fouls per game, usually only exceding this when we have a picky ref. The key here is I do not get my players to close down and tackle like animals, but focus on defensive shape and winning balls back either by interceptions or by players making tackles at the correct time.

With injuries, it is also worthwhile noting the match fitness of players. If they are lacking match fitness they are more likely to get hurt when playing. You should build this up slowly either by playing them for ~20 minutes as subs, or making them available for reserve matches for ~45 minutes. In my previous season I had a midfielder who kept getting injured, but my squad was shallow and I had to keep throwing him in when available. The result was a series of injuries that made him miss chunks of the season.

Anyway, hope that is useful to you.

I just have close down more and nothing else and I'm ok with yellow cards and fouls, I've not asked them to get stuck in or hassle etc as I feel the close down more is enough to put pressure on the other team all over the pitch and I allow my players to decide when to challenge for the ball naturally, also injuries are less too.

Don't know if it's been reported or if it is a bug, Noticed this a few times now, At least once a week [%PERSON#1-SURNAME]

How do I sort it out if it's not a bug please

Y7d8b9j.jpg

I get this too. My chief scout keeps on asking to stop scouting the Eredivise, despite me giving him control over scouting, happens once a week.

Hi All,

66 Yellow Cards

13 Red Cards

0.72 Reds a game

2.16 injuries a game

I don't have much of a problem with quantity of injuries, I only have problems with positional injuries. What I mean is, the only players that get hurt all play the same position. Last year, I had both Clyne and Nyom injured for a while. The year before, I had Alderwerield, Dragovic, and Gardos injured. This year, I had Michael Bradley, Wanyama, and Kramer all hurt. Now I have Zaha, and Shane Long (I play both at right winger) hurt and Borek Dockal and Tielemans hurt. Before recently accepting a job with France, I was also managing the United States. We go into the Copa America with two keepers as the rules state. Tim Howard gets hurt in training and the following match, Guzan is taken off injured. I had to finish the game with Omar Gonzalez (center back) in goal (he made some fantastic saves!). So yeah, I have a relatively reasonable amount of injuries, they are just always in the same position which is a big bother because I am forced to dip into the youth team sometimes and start dropping points because of it.

And in relation to the interaction comments from earlier, it is December 1st, 2016 on my game and I had three players all come to me the exact same day saying they wanted to leave because they heard of interest from a club. Raul Jimenez to Liverpool, Jay Rodriguez to Manchester City, and Davide Santon to Real Madrid (hahahahah). So yeah, that seems slightly unrealistic.

I get this too. My chief scout keeps on asking to stop scouting the Eredivise, despite me giving him control over scouting, happens once a week.

I think he is complaining that his scout's name is glitches out, not that the scouts are asking about scouting or not scouting leagues ;)

Oh....one more thing that is unrealistic. Often, the CPU generated youth players have unrealistic physical features. For example, there are a ton of CPU generated centerbacks who are amazing except they are like 5'8" and can't jump. Centerbacks are usually big.....The short center backs are usually only from nations where the general population is short, like for example Asian countries. Cannavaro was the exception really.

I think we all want to know; what was the score at the end of it? :D

I won 2-1 against Milwall actually :) That was obviously down to poor finishing from Milwall, as I was playing with 0 midfielders at that point. Giving team instructions was a bit pointless at that point, just clear the ball to flanks, waste time, pour yourself a whisky and look the other way.

whatt.jpg

too many goals. (click on the image to enlarge)

I just played another game and it finished 4-2? does 1-0s or 2-0s or 1-1s still exist?

no point anymore, 2 patches and SI still ignore this issue acting like its normal.

whatt.jpg

too many goals. (click on the image to enlarge)

I just played another game and it finished 4-2? does 1-0s or 2-0s or 1-1s still exist?

no point anymore, 2 patches and SI still ignore this issue acting like its normal.

Is this only affecting your team/matches or are the AI v AI similarly high scoring?

Is this only affecting your team/matches or are the AI v AI similarly high scoring?

at most there are 10 matches played in a match day, my team is 80% one of the ones that has lots of goals scored on the day

the AI v AI matches has more normal scores then me tbh, however there will still be couple of AI v AI matches in that day that are have more then 3 goals

at most there are 10 matches played in a match day, my team is 80% one of the ones that has lots of goals scored on the day

the AI v AI matches has more normal scores then me tbh, however there will still be couple of AI v AI matches in that day that are have more then 3 goals

Do you not maybe see a pattern when AI v AI usually ends low where yours doesn't?

So your tactics are very good going forward, but equally as bad going back. Simple.

The amount of goals is way too high in Lower Leagues...Seems okay for example in EPL and other higher leagues. And no, its not my tactics because as i said i dont have the problem in higher leagues. And yes, i am adapting my tactics in lower leagues.

Also i am seeing absolutely world class play in lower leagues and way more long shots flying in than in higher leagues.

So quite normal then, apart from your consistently high scores?

come on fmobande..

Do you not maybe see a pattern when AI v AI usually ends low where yours doesn't?

So your tactics are very good going forward, but equally as bad going back. Simple.

i actually think it is more of a bug, and i hope SI actually looks into it, which i recommend because it is too much of a coincidence that it is only my team that is affected usually.

but yeah i will improve my tactics on the defending side and buy defenders this time instead of attackers.

maybe i am making something out of nothing

i actually think it is more of a bug, and i hope SI actually looks into it, which i recommend because it is too much of a coincidence that it is only my team that is affected usually

but i will improve my tactics on the defending side and buy defenders this time instead of attackers.

The fact that its only your team effected points to it being user inflicted rather than a bug don't you think? If it was a bug ALL teams would be effected.

i actually think it is more of a bug, and i hope SI actually looks into it, which i recommend because it is too much of a coincidence that it is only my team that is affected usually

but i will improve my tactics on the defending side and buy defenders this time instead of attackers.

Why think up a conspiracy theory instead of just thinking about it for 5 seconds? Only your team is affected, which means it's something that only your team is doing.

Most likely, you're too attacking.

yep, done with this franchise.

FM14 was terrible, there was practically no defending, thankfully I've downloaded it to try it out, so didn't waste any money on it.

I've no goddamn idea why, but I've preordered FM15, and it's almost the same. 2-3, 3-3, 3-4, every game I play has at least 4 goals, and now, a week after winning 6-4, just lost a game 4-7.

THIS IS NOT FOOTBALL. These are water polo scores.

And no, thank you, it's not my tactics, and I'm not dumb, somehow, over many, many years of playing FM, I've always had decent defenses.

Goodbye SI, good luck for your handheld games, your social network sharing, your REAL GAME is dead, so I guess you have to do something else to keep you occupied.

FM14 was terrible, there was practically no defending, thankfully I've downloaded it to try it out, so didn't waste any money on it.

I've no goddamn idea why, but I've preordered FM15, and it's almost the same. 2-3, 3-3, 3-4, every game I play has at least 4 goals, and now, a week after winning 6-4, just lost a game 4-7.

And no, thank you, it's not my tactics, and I'm not dumb, somehow, over many, many years of playing FM, I've always had decent defenses.

Goodbye SI, good luck for your handheld games, your social network sharing, your REAL GAME is dead, so I guess you have to do something else to keep you occupied.

I was tempted to answer constructively but nah.. Bye!

PS These scores don't really happen to me anymore. Be sure to patch your game. If you bought it.

PS2 FM14 was awesome!

Why did you post this? Just stop playing. It IS your tactics. If you don't want to believe it and don't want help/advice, that's not SI or the game's fault.

Archived