Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did you post this? Just stop playing. It IS your tactics. If you don't want to believe it and don't want help/advice, that's not SI or the game's fault.

yes. so there is no problem with the scorelines, that's why all those people are complaining about that. that's some crystal-clear reasoning, thank you.

Could you upload your save to the FTP from just before this message appears?

Then report it here and mention what you named the file: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/453-Media-News-and-Press-Conferences

Thanks.

I have uploaded my last game just before it last happened it's titled truro.fm if you go to Tuesday the 14th it apears in the news item. I placed it using the windows key = E into fm/save-game

yes. so there is no problem with the scorelines, that's why all those people are complaining about that. that's some crystal-clear reasoning, thank you.

High scorelines were more a problem on the previous updates. It is a lot better now and if your getting 6-4 and 4-7, you're too attacking, leaving you open at the back as well.

As always, the Tactics forum can confirm this for you, if you're interested. They're pretty handy when it comes to advice too.

I think you need to calm down - people can help you if you give them a chance.

Are you on the latest version of FM?

Maybe post in the tactics forum for extra help.

The game has changed significantly and what worked before may not work now - closing down exploits in the game that gave you a defensive advantage for example.

Now your tactics are causing another exploit.

Best to post in the tactics forum and in the Bugs Forum to get a better understanding of what exactly is going wrong.

"all these people" being one person, on this page, who did so in error. Jeez, can't move for all these people in here.

I'll ask the same as was asked of him - what are the results for AI v AI in that league? As high? Given your auto-defences went up, I'd expect it to indeed be your tactics causing problems in your game. FM doesn't work on service and commitment - playing five, ten, twenty different versions of FM/CM isn't going to automatically make you better at the next one.

I think he is complaining that his scout's name is glitches out, not that the scouts are asking about scouting or not scouting leagues ;)

I see that.. Now.

I still get my chief scout at least once a week asking me to stop scouting a certain region, so i allow him to stop. Next week, the same message from the same scout asking the same thing. He is set under staff responsibilities to set assignments for the scouting team anyway so god knows why he's asking me!

The last season I finished on FM15, I won promotion from League 1 in England. First half of the season was played with the 15.1.3 patch, the second half with the 15.1.4. I conceded 41 goals that season, which I thought was a bit much, but I did score 120 goals or something and played quite attacking. I won the league as a newly promoted team and three out of four defenders (first choice defenders that is) were in the squad playing League 2 the year before, meaning not great. I won the league with a margin of something like 20 points, maintaing a clean sheet many games in a row.

Over the last two seasons IRL there has been 48 teams completing a season in League 1. 47 out of those 48 teams have conceded more goals than I did on FM. And as previously said, I played quite attacking, often leaving the right side of defence wide open!

Not everyone is complaining, but as always, the people that have something negative to say are the loudest, the rest of us spend time enjoying the game.

To summarise: It is your tactics.

yep, done with this franchise.

FM14 was terrible, there was practically no defending, thankfully I've downloaded it to try it out, so didn't waste any money on it.

I've no goddamn idea why, but I've preordered FM15, and it's almost the same. 2-3, 3-3, 3-4, every game I play has at least 4 goals, and now, a week after winning 6-4, just lost a game 4-7.

THIS IS NOT FOOTBALL. These are water polo scores.

And no, thank you, it's not my tactics, and I'm not dumb, somehow, over many, many years of playing FM, I've always had decent defenses.

Goodbye SI, good luck for your handheld games, your social network sharing, your REAL GAME is dead, so I guess you have to do something else to keep you occupied.

Concede 11 in 2 games, it is very much your tactic( or more to the point,lack of tactic).

yep, done with this franchise.

FM14 was terrible, there was practically no defending, thankfully I've downloaded it to try it out, so didn't waste any money on it.

I've no goddamn idea why, but I've preordered FM15, and it's almost the same. 2-3, 3-3, 3-4, every game I play has at least 4 goals, and now, a week after winning 6-4, just lost a game 4-7.

THIS IS NOT FOOTBALL. These are water polo scores.

And no, thank you, it's not my tactics, and I'm not dumb, somehow, over many, many years of playing FM, I've always had decent defenses.

Goodbye SI, good luck for your handheld games, your social network sharing, your REAL GAME is dead, so I guess you have to do something else to keep you occupied.

I didn't realise FM14 was downloadable for free.

You say you've pre-ordered it, does that mean that you're playing the beta version or even a pre 15.1.4 version? If so that's one reason for the high scorelines.

The 15.1.4 hotfix goes some way to resolving those high scorelines unless you tactics are "unrealistic" at go into the extremes of attacking football.

The "score 1 goal more then your opponent" footballing philosophy, although perfectly valid, will always result in high scorelines just look at Newcastle United under Keegan for example.

Concede 11 in 2 games, it is very much your tactic( or more to the point,lack of tactic).

I'm using attacking tactics. Although I win most of the games, I still concede like 2-4 every match, but.. The thing is, 95% of these goal got absolutely nothing to do with potential 'flaws of my tactics', I mean like I'm being exposed on counterattacks or something. It's mostly a silly long shots or corner/cross tap-ins while my defenders are stoned. That's the point. It's not about tactics. Or.. the ME just can't properly simulate the counterattacks, through balls itc, but it still thinks my team should concede cause of attacking tactics, so ME just implements these goals the way I described above.

Aww, wish my english were better, so I can explain it more clear.

Cool! What about instructions? I go for all of the defensive ones at once but sometimes it seems that's worse than doing nothing!

Waste time / take a breather

Keep possession so its not just cleared and brought back in

Fill midfield / make wingers defensive wingers / put an anchor man between defense and midfield.

It wont always work in the same way I get excited when getting a late equaliser in overload mode, opposition may do the same to me when i am trying to hold out for a win

Oh for those wondering how 10 man teams in FM suddenly start playing better did anyone else watch the great reaction from leicester when they went down to 10 men, thy could have gone a goal up several times

Haha All these people? How many tens of millions of people bought fm15? There are what, 2 to 3 people complaining here and 5 to 6 telling you it's you. So let's assume that the game only sold 3 million (really low balling it here), that means 0.0001% are complaining. That is a whole lot of people!

I haven't allowed more than 1 goal in my last 10 games with the exception of a 5-5 draw where I couldn't stop Britt assombalonga.....I can never stop him. Every other game was 1 or less goal allowed by my team. The last game before that where I allowed more than one goal was 2 late goals away to Bayern, both long shots. So yeah, no problem with scorelines for me. Your defense just sucks. Are you playing a 1-0-9 formation?

I've asked this question in a separate thread, but wondered if someone on the official feedback thread might be able to help? I'm managing both a club and national team, and in the past the player search screen has always had filters that say 'Exclude players ineligible for national team' and 'Exclude players already in national pool'. Now though, these options appear to have disappeared. Am I being blind? Have they been moved to another screen?
You should probably share that file and/or screen shot with SI in the glitch section so they can patch it up.

Right, OK this has happened again - managing a club and national side and the filters for excluding players ineligible for the national team or already in the national pool have disappeared. Weirdly, this time it's not my Liverpool/England manager, but my Palermo/England U21 manager that it's happened too, so it's not as problematic as they'll both be searching the same group of players. If/when one manager moves to another national team though, it could be an issue. I'll post this in the glitches section too.

fm15missingfilters.png

I don't see many high scoring games when I use my usual tactics, of course the occasional result here and there. But when I do try something crazy like my attempt at a 3-3-1-3 with inverted wingbacks and no CMs I do see more high scoring games. For people complaining about high scores, it is most likely your tactics.

I'm using attacking tactics. Although I win most of the games, I still concede like 2-4 every match, but.. The thing is, 95% of these goal got absolutely nothing to do with potential 'flaws of my tactics', I mean like I'm being exposed on counterattacks or something. It's mostly a silly long shots or corner/cross tap-ins while my defenders are stoned. That's the point. It's not about tactics.

The opposition have to get up the field and in dangerous positions often enough to score all those goals though. If you're conceding a lot from corners, these corners will be the result of an opposition attack that your defence has kept out. If you're conceding a lot of long shots, it's because their forwards aren't being closed down quickly enough.

You can easily say the exact way the goal is scored isn't down to your tactics, but more often than not how they got the chance in the first place is.

Should i have been offered a contract so soon? Basically im in my first season managing Liverpool and as early as 4th of Dec. they offer me a new contract, usually in past FM series' they might offer you a contract at the end of the season i believe. I don't think i have been offered a contract so fast.

EDIT

something silly just happened in the following press conference.

I was asked, do you think you can bring success to this team having so far being unable to?

erm. No team in England won any trophy yet, where in December :applause::rolleyes::applause:

Was your previous contract 1 year?

Season 1 I managed Portsmouth with the expectation of promotion. I don't think my contract was renewed until the season finished / I achieved promotion.

It does seem strange you were offered one so early but perhaps they are worried about leaving and they regard you as a good asset....though it does seem to early after less than 3/4 months managing

If you have a saved game BEFORE theyoffer you the contract log it in th bugs forum and ftp the save game to the SI server

Can't have the same team for 3 matches in a row : still injuries fest at my side ! A bit less than when the game went out but still a bit too much to my taste... Also players getting quick jadded !

Seriously, the offsides need some tinkering. I said in my post about constructive criticism but I just had another terrible call. They all go against me as well. When I see a close one, whether for or against me, I rewind to check. When it's close, it's fine. But I've had 3-4 absolutely dreadful calls and all were against me that lost me games. Like I said before, I had one where my guy was kept on by yards by 3 diff players and ruled offsides. This time, the other team shot and 3 of their players were a yard or two off and one of them tapped it in and it wasn't call. It wasn't even close. It's very frustrating. Like I said, when it's close, it's fine. I understand that refs make mistakes. But these were so bad that they seem like programming errors and all were against me. None have benefitted me.

Was your previous contract 1 year?

Season 1 I managed Portsmouth with the expectation of promotion. I don't think my contract was renewed until the season finished / I achieved promotion.

It does seem strange you were offered one so early but perhaps they are worried about leaving and they regard you as a good asset....though it does seem to early after less than 3/4 months managing

If you have a saved game BEFORE theyoffer you the contract log it in th bugs forum and ftp the save game to the SI server

Yes im in season 1, but unfortunately i did not save the game before they offered me the contract.

Seriously, the offsides need some tinkering. I said in my post about constructive criticism but I just had another terrible call. They all go against me as well. When I see a close one, whether for or against me, I rewind to check. When it's close, it's fine. But I've had 3-4 absolutely dreadful calls and all were against me that lost me games. Like I said before, I had one where my guy was kept on by yards by 3 diff players and ruled offsides. This time, the other team shot and 3 of their players were a yard or two off and one of them tapped it in and it wasn't call. It wasn't even close. It's very frustrating. Like I said, when it's close, it's fine. I understand that refs make mistakes. But these were so bad that they seem like programming errors and all were against me. None have benefitted me.

:lol:

I had one the other day the exact same situation as Liverpool v City last season, Raheem Sterling running through on goal. 2 yards onside, not even close, he put it past the keeper, I was happy, only for the goal to be disallowed and the absolute penis of a linesman on the game getting it ridiculously wrong.

Why did you post this? Just stop playing. It IS your tactics. If you don't want to believe it and don't want help/advice, that's not SI or the game's fault.

Are tactics to blame for half the squad falling out with the manager every few weeks and the other half getting injured?

Why since FM13 have away matches seemed like a trip to the Bernabeu or Stamford Bridge regardless of opponent? Not every away match IRL is overly hard. I don't think Chelsea looked at Sunderland on Saturday and thought "right, tough away game here, time to drop Hazard and play Mikel". City won't do it tonight vs them either but in FM you almost always have to chop and change to be successful. It just doesn't work like that IRL yet FM pride themselves on being the realest football simulation game out there. Tactically it's like the AI has sussed you out so you need to change tactics. That seems to have been a theme for the past few years now. IRL do you think Barcelona change their tactics every few months just on the off chance that Getafe have finally tippled onto what they're going to do when they play them? You need to change tactics every so often but then the fluidity of your tactic goes way down and you still get hammered by vastly inferior opposition.

On another very popular FM forum there's a "post your success" and "post your rage" thread. One has 4 pages. The other has 86. That's an awful lot of tactical mistakes, no?

Like I said, when it's close, it's fine. I understand that refs make mistakes. But these were so bad that they seem like programming errors and all were against me. None have benefitted me.

This sounds an awful lot like what a real life manager would say if they could blame programming errors. Presumably you only view your own games, and natural bias will always seem like it affects you more. I'd much rather there were incidents like these in the game - it's far more realistic than having it called straight down the line (so to speak) every single time.

Are tactics to blame for half the squad falling out with the manager every few weeks and the other half getting injured?

Here we go...

but in FM you almost always have to chop and change to be successful.

No, you really don't. If your base tactic is good enough, and sensible enough, and your squad is better, you will win pretty much every game. You'll have a few bad results probably, but that's where you need to make small changes. The only way you'd need to chop and change is if you started bad, and then stayed as bad or worse with each change.

It just doesn't work like that IRL yet FM pride themselves on being the realest football simulation game out there. Tactically it's like the AI has sussed you out so you need to change tactics.

Again, no.

IRL do you think Barcelona change their tactics every few months just on the off chance that Getafe have finally tippled onto what they're going to do when they play them? You need to change tactics every so often but then the fluidity of your tactic goes way down and you still get hammered by vastly inferior opposition.

If that happens, you've changed to a terrible tactic.

On another very popular FM forum there's a "post your success" and "post your rage" thread. One has 4 pages. The other has 86. That's an awful lot of tactical mistakes, no?

Not every one of them will be, but the vast majority probably are. Doesn't fit your script, but them's the breaks...

Honestly, terrible post.

Why since FM13 have away matches seemed like a trip to the Bernabeu or Stamford Bridge regardless of opponent? Not every away match IRL is overly hard. I don't think Chelsea looked at Sunderland on Saturday and thought "right, tough away game here, time to drop Hazard and play Mikel". City won't do it tonight vs them either but in FM you almost always have to chop and change to be successful. It just doesn't work like that IRL yet FM pride themselves on being the realest football simulation game out there. Tactically it's like the AI has sussed you out so you need to change tactics. That seems to have been a theme for the past few years now. IRL do you think Barcelona change their tactics every few months just on the off chance that Getafe have finally tippled onto what they're going to do when they play them? You need to change tactics every so often but then the fluidity of your tactic goes way down and you still get hammered by vastly inferior opposition.

What are you on about? It is his tactics and he never mentioned the squad falling out or injuries.

And no, you don't need to change your tactics every couple of months.

The ones who complain about FM are always the LOUDEST. The ones who enjoy playing the game does not need to post too much

The problem with this franchise is that the fanbase is so dedicated that they'll never criticise the game but only the player. As shown above.

You really haven't read much of the feedback here then.

FYI, I'm pretty sure you are referring to the FM base thread, a thread which is mostly filled with conspiracy theories, tactical and management mistakes and ill thought out rants. Very few posts on that thread are genuinely useful.

What are you on about? It is his tactics and he never mentioned the squad falling out or injuries.

And no, you don't need to change your tactics every couple of months.

I wasn't referring to his post... nice dodge of the squad "bust ups" and injuries though. Both of which are way too common.

You really havent read much of the feedback here then.

I have. Majority of people who complain either get completely shot down or the tired answer of "you must be doing something wrong with your tactics".

I'd wager that back in the days of FM09 people were still saying "it's your tactics" when let's be honest, that is well known as probably the worst FM game ever.

I wasn't referring to his post... nice dodge of the squad "bust ups" and injuries though. Both of which are way too common.

I didn't "dodge" anything. You quoted a post of mine which was about tactics to completely change the subject.

I haven't had any problems with bust-ups, but I understand that improvements could be made. Personally, I think people are blowing it out of proportion, but there are genuine issues too.

There isn't a problem with injuries.

The problem with this franchise is that the fanbase is so dedicated that they'll never criticise the game but only the player. As shown above.

The problem with this franchise is that the fanbase is so dedicated to FM and football in general that they'll never stop criticising the game and a lot of them really know what they're talking about.

Of course there are some who never stop criticising who really don't have a clue, wear whichever cap fits you I guess. :)

How about someone from SI addresses why we don't see any red cards in the game for denial of goalscoring opportunities?

It's going to be anecdotal, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a few happen with last man challenges. Nothing to back that up though, admittedly.

You started a thread on this. Have you uploaded any examples where this occured?

I can upload some if necessary, but at the moment I'm more specifically referring to the actual situation of a DOGSO foul rather than the judgement of whether it should be a red or yellow card. How often do you have a DOGSO foul in your games, and how often is this followed up with a red card?

How about someone from SI addresses why we don't see any red cards in the game for denial of goalscoring opportunities?

As I said in your thread, I've had one so clearly they are in the game. It's the frequency that might need addressing, if you can back it up with real life statistics.

This sounds an awful lot like what a real life manager would say if they could blame programming errors. Presumably you only view your own games, and natural bias will always seem like it affects you more. I'd much rather there were incidents like these in the game - it's far more realistic than having it called straight down the line

I know there are bad calls sometimes, I don't want it straight down the line. As I said, I have another look at any that look close, whether for or against me, allowed or disallowed. If it's really close and believable, then I'm fine with it. I call the ref some choice names and get on with it. I'm not fine with them being unbelievably bad, especially when it doesn't go both ways and costs me games which all 3 times, it has. Is there somewhere I can upload the worst one so you can tell me if you think any line judge would ever make that decision? It's not even remotely close. This last one could possibly be made in real life but it's still pretty bad. And it came off one of those where the goalie makes a standing save and then is frozen in a comatose state for the follow up which many have complained about. Double screwed! Haha

As I said in your thread, I've had one so clearly they are in the game. It's the frequency that might need addressing, if you can back it up with real life statistics.

Check my other thread as I posted some there just now. Like I said, in six months of gameplay and watching the vast majority of red cards across all of the active leagues I have (England, Spain, France, Germany & Brazil) and I've not seen one. :(

I know there are bad calls sometimes, I don't want it straight down the line. As I said, I have another look at any that look close, whether for or against me, allowed or disallowed. If it's really close and believable, then I'm fine with it. I call the ref some choice names and get on with it. I'm not fine with them being unbelievably bad, especially when it doesn't go both ways and costs me games which all 3 times, it has. Is there somewhere I can upload the worst one so you can tell me if you think any line judge would ever make that decision? It's not even remotely close. This last one could possibly be made in real life but it's still pretty bad. And it came off one of those where the goalie makes a standing save and then is frozen in a comatose state for the follow up which many have complained about. Double screwed! Haha

I'd be inclined to let a bad one go, if it doesn't happen very often. If you're seeing really bad calls often (and it sounds like your are), imo, you should report it in the ME bugs forum with a few examples.

Actually I'd say that the fanbase of FM is extremely critical. Sure there are the blatant 'fanboys' that won't hear a bad word spoken but there are just as many blatant 'haters' that don't even know any good words to say about it. But the rest are more than capable of constructive feedback and ripping into what's wrong when needed. The revamp of the tactic screen being an example. SI have obviously listened to that and are clearly making steps to correct it (addition of roles & duties to the players screen). The problems here come from the rage posts that clearly are people being very rubbish at the game. Then they get defensive. Then the haters pile in in support. Then the fanboys pile in in opposition. Next thing you know mods have to pile in shut things down and get accused of North Korean style cover ups.

This game has the potential to be amazing but it won't be that until they fix the dumb ass player interaction that is currently in a laughable state.

My Sassuolo side are delighted to leave this here for you .....

[video=youtube;TWuWkf8nhtI]

Just for the record, the ref first warns another player for having a go at the ref and then he red cards the other player, the message at the bottom was "He was the last man".

I'd be inclined to let a bad one go, if it doesn't happen very often. If you're seeing really bad calls often (and it sounds like your are), imo, you should report it in the ME bugs forum with a few examples.

I'd say its 1-2 per season. All against me, all in close games where if it is called as it should, I'd have points of some sort. I know it's not many but it still sucks to say be knocked out of the FA cup by a goal when you have a legit one disallowed or to draw with 2nd place as 3rd place by a goal because a clear offsides isn't given to them and they score it (after my team misses a pk and then my player gets sent off....*sigh*).....It doesn't ruin the game or anything since it's not common, it's just really frustrating when it happens as you could imagine. I still love the game of course. Just want to help it be even better

Archived