Ever had a player score 100 goals in a season

I once took over Man Utd in the year 2033, and had a regen called Emillio Florio and he bagged 86 goals in one season. Would have been more, but the team hadn't qualified for the CL :/ That's the closest I've ever had to a 100 goal per year player, and honestly, not really been close since.

The 100 goal a season strikers have been diminishing since the older days. Northern Ireland used to be a hotbed for such exploits. The career 1000 goal scorers thread will list their more exact details in the challenges section.

Using Mr Houghs Rolls back the years tactic i had Rooney do this:

rooneyrecord2.png

After that season i decided i had to start a new game not using the tactic as it had made it too easy

If there was ever a tactic that needed uploading...

Every season I do. Well in previous FM12 saved games ... And this photo below is in my previous season in my current save

100goals.jpg

84 goals and 35 assists in 13 cup games? That's just nuts.

I have a game running using Mr Hough's tactic just for fun. I play it at work during the breaks or when i don't have anything else to do.

Ghanian regen, absolute beast. Never wastes a one-on-one, which is good, cause he gets in that situation pretty often.

v4vVQ.png

Still have 3 more matches to go(1 league game, Champions League Final and Russian Cup Final), so he might get to 100. But the truth is that the Russian league is pretty bad in quality, with only Zenit, Anji and CSKA putting up any kind of resistance.

It seems way to easy to get striker to score insane amounts, especially fast striker. Overall the goal distribution seems a tad bit off in that regard.

In my current Arsenal game my main striker is a 23 year old slovenian who is currently sitting at 33 goals from 36 games, has had 40+ the previous 2 seasons as well.

• 3 weeks later...
For me, these 'Super-tactics' totally just ruin the game for me. How can you enjoy such minimal realism?

+1

But many people on these forums don't play the game for realism. They play to see things happen that don't happen in real life, that's what they enjoy. As soon as the new game comes out, this Mr Hough and many others start spending countless hours to find miracle tactics. They think they achieve tactical greatness, but to be honest all they achieve is finding exploits, tactics that the current AI doesn't have an answer for. In real life there is now way a player can score 100 goals. In FM you can achieve it with very offensive tactics. The ME defense and counter attack system is not good enough to counter and punish these exploit tactics.

Got very close with Felipe in my FM10 Oxford save who hit 98 in a single season in all comps (70 league goals). He is just shy of 1100 goals for club and country since i signed him as a 21 yr old and still playing at 38 years of age.

I'd like to know what tactics people are employing to get these freak results, are they your own creations or are you all downloading super-tactics?

I reckon I do pretty well at the game and win trophies, but in FM12 I have not had a player get better than a goal a game, in fact my top scorer this season has about 14 in 24 games and I'm pretty happy with that contribution.

+1

But many people on these forums don't play the game for realism. They play to see things happen that don't happen in real life, that's what they enjoy.

Exactly. I'm in the 2033/34 season and seeing how many records i can break is the only reason i'm still playing my save as i won all the trophies i wanted to win with my Oxford side many years ago in the game. As soon as my 38 year old striker retires then i'll finally quit but at the minute i'm trying to get his scoring record as high as i can.

I downloaded one of those super tactics in Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 and tested it out a bit, it was ridiculous, my player broke his goals in a game record within about 3 games of using it, scored like 7 or 8 in one match which was just stupid so I went back and reloaded without using it.

I imagine this is what the majority of people are using.

Using a tweaked version of the Vodu Chaos tactic (altered my defence to stay back more, midfield to push up more to try and get a better balance between defence to mid to attack).

2XTdb.png

He was on 99 goals going into the Scottish Cup final against Partick Thistle (last game of the season) and he managed to score 5.

• 8 months later...
+1

But many people on these forums don't play the game for realism. They play to see things happen that don't happen in real life, that's what they enjoy. As soon as the new game comes out, this Mr Hough and many others start spending countless hours to find miracle tactics. They think they achieve tactical greatness, but to be honest all they achieve is finding exploits, tactics that the current AI doesn't have an answer for. In real life there is now way a player can score 100 goals. In FM you can achieve it with very offensive tactics. The ME defense and counter attack system is not good enough to counter and punish these exploit tactics.

Must tell Messi this before he gets any ideas about improving!!!

IRL you exploit tactical and player weaknesses

IN FM you exploit the ME.

It's a game not real life.

It is getting ever harder, back on FM09 I was having rampant success and when I got an editor to finally begin looking into it there were next to no 'proper' managers in the premiership. Most were very low CA players who had become managers.

In Spain for a while Rafa Benitez was the only manager with a recogniseable name. Anyway, here is what his team did one season:

realmadrid.jpg

They broke the goal counter, it stops at 255 so how many they actually scored is something I never checked out, but despite all my own successes and even when Keirrison was a regular 100+ goal a season scorer, I never did anything like that. Funny thing is when they played an average team in the CL who had a decent manager they lost, and when Benitez left they had a regen manager take over and were struggling to finish top 4.

Archived