Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

7 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Only one season of evidence but this is the first time I've had to agree with the 'too easy' complaints.

I've won the Championship with Norwich, breaking every record going- 115 points, 120+ goals, without spending a penny. I've never had such success 'out of the box' and this was just a standard 4-2-3-1 DM gengenpress tactic with a minor tweak or two. It'll be interesting to see if I can sustain it in the top flight...

It should get more realistic if they fix the AI subs issue as you're most probably always facing a tired team that is also not being subbed. Are you scoring many goals after the 60th minute?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, StephenG said:

It should get more realistic if they fix the AI subs issue as you're most probably always facing a tired team that is also not being subbed. 

Totally agree and to some extent I would have liked to have seen these issues along with the squad registration issues resolved first so we could gage the difference it's made to (Match Fitness/Player Happiness) and then adjust the ME.

Edited by janrzm

I just noticed an issue.. (I dont know if someone else has written it so sorry if thats the case)

Because of national team invitations i guess, teams putting very bad players in their line up. Even big teams. Look at those scores, because PSG and Napoli had very bad players in their lineup. I checked their players, and most of them are very young regens and most of them have bad profiles. And this happens in Champions League... Something wrong with invitation dates or what? This is very annoying...

Anderlecht 7 - PSG 0
Napoli 1 - Glentoran 6

I had the same issue in some CL matches, i once had 8 of my players in National team in the most important group match. 

Year is 2029

Screenshot_706.jpg

Screenshot_705.jpg

Edited by isoche

yet again with players complaining about lack of games, please address this

sancho - green before an international break, plays in international break, then for no reason at all, no matches at all

Antony...one game off green, no games in international break.... same deal with the week off.

both complaining about lack of game time... to the point i have had to transfer list sancho and promise to address the game time AGAIN for Antony.

i could not physically play the players, as there are no actual games to play them? so why am i dealing with this again?

and yes internationals DO count to my playtime promises (and these 2 rarely get called up even though they play PLENTY)

1 hour ago, isoche said:

I just noticed an issue.. (I dont know if someone else has written it so sorry if thats the case)

Because of national team invitations i guess, teams putting very bad players in their line up. Even big teams. Look at those scores, because PSG and Napoli had very bad players in their lineup. I checked their players, and most of them are very young regens and most of them have bad profiles. And this happens in Champions League... Something wrong with invitation dates or what? This is very annoying...

Anderlecht 7 - PSG 0
Napoli 1 - Glentoran 6

I had the same issue in some CL matches, i once had 8 of my players in National team in the most important group match. 

Year is 2029

Screenshot_706.jpg

Screenshot_705.jpg

I can't see that reported although it may be somewhere else. You should pop it in here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/competition-rules-and-schedule/europe-competition-specific-issues/?d=8

4 hours ago, janrzm said:

Totally agree and to some extent I would have liked to have seen these issues along with the squad registration issues resolved first so we could gage the difference it's made to (Match Fitness/Player Happiness) and then adjust the ME.

agreed and also how many goals are scored (presumably less as less players are exhausted)

2 hours ago, isoche said:

Anderlecht 7 - PSG 0
Napoli 1 - Glentoran 6

Year is 2029

Screenshot_706.jpg

Screenshot_705.jpg

you should report that in the bug tracker with save games etc...

I really hope the December update to the match engine doesn't in an attempt to tweak a minor problem (high-scoring games being more likely) doesn't end up ruining the game in the other direction by nerfing finishing. Would you rather have slightly more goals than normal or your strikers continually missing sitters and messing up one on ones in an unrealistic fashion. I believe one of the FM games in late teens (FM17 or FM18) had something like that happen and it ruined the match playing side of things for me and a lot of other people. This year playing matches is actually so fun (and I've had plenty of 0-0 scorelines as well) that I haven't downloaded an instant result skin and am playing all matches out in full. I just hope after this early December or any future updates I don't have to return to instant result skins though I have faith in SI that this won't be the case. 

34 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

Why people think it's only finishing that is to be looked at and not defending?

I don't think the majority of players care about defending in the ME. Defenders don't know where the ball is/opposition players are which is the fundamental issue that never gets mentioned.

Would be a game changer if the new Unity match engine changed this. 

Anyone knows if the Argentina title issue can be fixed in the pre-game editor or if this corrected with any available modified Argentina community league files on workshop or external sites?

That and the Spain registration issue is the one holding back to start my save :stop:

8 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

Anyone knows if the Argentina title issue can be fixed in the pre-game editor or if this corrected with any available modified Argentina community league files on workshop or external sites?

That and the Spain registration issue is the one holding back to start my save :stop:

What's the Argentina issue? But most likely it can be fixed in the editor, yeah.

22 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

Try uninstalling the game and installing it again. I mean for the spain issues. The argentina issues are a known bug but man I dont think I know anyone having registration issues in spain. Im 180 hours into my save in spain, 4 seasons, and every team has their players registered accordingly. Yesterday I started a 2nd save for giggles in spain as well and again everyone is registered. Considering its one of the countries people most play in, we would be hearing much more about this if it was happening to more people. Think its an issue with your game. 

17 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

What's the Argentina issue? But most likely it can be fixed in the editor, yeah.

Its a mess. So argentina has a league table, a league cup table, and an aggregate table that decides the champ and relegated teams something like that. Well apparently the game is recognizing the winner of one of those (I think league table) as the overall champ. 

something like that. 

11 hours ago, Platinum said:

The attributes of the DoF does make an impact to bth the players they choose to try and sign and their ability to actually sign the players

No offense, but what are you basing this claim on? Do you mean when you ask the DoF for recommendations? If so, that isn't the same thing I'm talking about here - they generally make decent suggestions then. I mean literally telling the DoF/U-18 manager/etc. that they can bring in whoever they want and not even have to consult with me after delegating whatever I want them to do in the Staff Responsibility page (I can't remember what it's called now). It's only anecdotal on my end, but I've tested it multiple times and have never once found the attributes to matter. I've even edited the staff attributes to all 20's when I was playing as Milan, and they couldn't seem to sign any players with a PA over the 120s (and don't even get me started on whether the team needed depth in the positions they sign for...).

13 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

AssMan or UFC fighter? This is how my Assman suggests we take on basically every team. 😂 

obviously I remove all those instructions, or else id finish with 6 men on the field. 

IMG_2597.thumb.jpeg.7cb5f8f9bdba07119fa46fb7f97520d4.jpeg

CMD+Shift+3 will make a screenshot on your Mac for you

29 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Haven't seen this before! Is it because of our club philosophy?

Tried to make an offer on 34 year old Daley Blind:

image.thumb.png.b4b2116833e3b658e727e03869955945.png

image.thumb.png.529200e1163aca499328dfa81a1c86f0.png

I don't know if this is somehow reflected, but he's got a pacemaker type devic. And pretty sure that makes him unable to play in Italy. Same reason Eriksen had to leave Inter after his heart issue

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I don't know if this is somehow reflected, but he's got a pacemaker type devic. And pretty sure that makes him unable to play in Italy. Same reason Eriksen had to leave Inter after his heart issue

Holy **** thats insane. Did not know that. 

Taking a slight step back- the overall lack of progression with FM over the last 3/4/5 years is the most disappointing thing for me. I can remember loading up 23 for the first time and just really wondering what the hell had changed. I get that loads goes on 'under the hood' and not every update is visual. I just have been disappointed every single year for quite some time.

I'll caveat that by saying that apart from 23, I still play the games to death and get enjoyment from them.

2 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

Okay so with the new update coming early december… To what extent would this harm a current long save? Should people have to start a longterm save all over again, or would the update be savegame compatible?

Generally speaking - 

Gameplay updates are save game compatible. 

Data updates require a new save.

Just now, Brentford Alan said:

Generally speaking - 

Gameplay updates are save game compatible. 

Data updates require a new save.

And all the ‘broken league bugs’ i’ve read about would then go under the data updates you think?

6 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

Okay so with the new update coming early december… To what extent would this harm a current long save? Should people have to start a longterm save all over again, or would the update be savegame compatible?

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579205-football-manager-2024-official-feedback-thread/?do=findComment&comment=14228158

7 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

Even though SI is saying it's save compatible I would and will not start a save just because of course AI substitutions, AI transfers, AI team management and interactions bugs will weaken AI teams considerably if played a lot forward.

3 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

If you are referring to this statement fron Jimmy Wong: ‘After final internal checks, we are happy to say that all issues in the bug fixing section are save-game compatible, meaning the fixes will be applied to your existing save games, allowing you to continue your career.’

I’ve read this one as well back then, but this was only regarding the latest minor update wasn’t it? 

1 minute ago, Pasonen said:

Even though SI is saying it's save compatible I would and will not start a save just because of course AI substitutions, AI transfers, AI team management and interactions bugs will weaken AI teams considerably if played a lot forward.

Yeah I’m thinking I’ll just postpone my gameplay some more, and just start the real longterm one after the december update. Just to be sure

Just a random thought....why not start a new save on fm23 and then transfer the save to fm24 when it has been patched, that way you don't need to delay starting a new save?? Other than the match engine the game is basically the same. Currently the match engine has unrealistic scorelines so treat fm24 as dlc in early December.

P.s I realise you shouldn't have to do this but it is a work around to starting a new save.

20 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

We are aware of the two feedbacks you've provided. The 'lack of depth' issue should be fixed in the minor update 24.1.1 already. If you still see this happening after the update, we are more than happy to look at your save game, simply raise the issue in the Bug Tracker and our team will take a look :)

Could you please confirm whether the patch will address the high scoreline/conversion rate/xG overperformance issue? 

1 thing I'd like to see added to the game is to do with ground expansion and new stadiums.

My main goal with any team I manage is to get a new stadium, love it.

What my problem is that the decision to build a new ground is taken before the expansion cap is reached.

Now some might not see this a problem but it really hamstrings my saves and it has ruined my Parma save.

Max cap for Parma's Ennio Tardini Stadium max cap is 27k but before I could get that done from the 22,352 the board decided to build a new stadium...with a starting cap of 30k.

Now if the ground had of been at 27k, the new 1 would of been in the region of 40k.

19 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

I think you can 99.9% guarantee this would have been looked at considering it is the number 1 issue that is being reported. 

Yeah, I'd like to think so, but it's a bit worrying that in the message I replied to, Jimmy Wong confirms that the 'lack of depth' issue will be addressed, but there's no affirmation in regard to the high scoreline problem. That's why I chose that message specifically, as I would highly appreciate a simple 'Yes'. 

23 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We've got a preview of some of what you can expect in the next update available HERE, coming out in early December.

Thank you all again for your patience and feedback. 

Can anybody confirm that this update will fix the staff transfers page?

4 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Ah amazing!! Good stuff!

My humble insight on this year ME and December update:

This is best ME ever. The build up play first time actualy feels like a real football game. Positional play is on another level. Players are much more intelligent with or without the ball.

Regarding the already discussed highscoring games my assessment is that the players shots are overpowered. Even players with low attributes shooting are scoring consistently. Second, crossing accuracy and speed is also overpowered. Here, also players with low crossing attributes look like David Beckham in the best days. The solution here is not to reduce the number of shots or crossing but the accuracy and speed. I believe the developers are also avare and we will enjoy this years addition with the next patch.

On 21/11/2023 at 15:09, theking1 said:

Just loaded up to give another go as some swear blind there’s no issues with their saves, started as Southampton, 1st game away to Sheffield Weds and set up a basic 4-3-3 formation without tweaking…..Won 5-0 and the opposition made zero substitutions, didn’t change formation and I think that’s where I’ll leave this until it’s properly patched

To be fair that result could easily happen in real life the way Wednesday are.

1 hour ago, woodsy1983 said:

To be fair that result could easily happen in real life the way Wednesday are.

It’s not the result…..it’s the way it happened, no change of formation from Wednesday, not one substitution, players out on their feet from 70 minutes onwards. And this happens match after match

3 minutes ago, damjanovski said:

It seems that once the players start scoring in a game, a few goals, they cannot stop. So, eather there are normal scoring games and very high scoring games.

I think you are right. I won this match 10-0, but in the following game played a more narrow game in the cup against an amateur club... ending 4-1 but still much closer. Seems to be certain tactical correlations that makes goalscoring go crazy, with the AI not really able to adapt to the (coincidence) of me striking gold tactically.

40 minutes ago, molsen said:

I think you are right. I won this match 10-0, but in the following game played a more narrow game in the cup against an amateur club... ending 4-1 but still much closer. Seems to be certain tactical correlations that makes goalscoring go crazy, with the AI not really able to adapt to the (coincidence) of me striking gold tactically.

This is a good description. I swear all my games are 1-0, 2-1, 0-0, etc good normal scores, im not seeing the crazy scoring game to game everyone else is, BUT, when I do have a high scoring game once in a blue moon its like a 6-5!!! Like the ME breaks almost and cant stop scoring goals. To be fair, it happens very little in my save but I could see how this same thing could be triggering for others almost every game.