What features must appear in FM24 for you to buy the upcoming edition?

FM23 dissapointed me, there are practically no changes compared to the previous edition, apart from a few more unnecessary features that have absolutely no effect on the gameplay and only take time for pointless clicking. 

In my case, in order to spend money on the FM24 the absolute minimum is an extensive board interaction panel, especially if i am very successful with the team the managment should give me the keys to the whole club, something like Guardiola or Ferguson in Manchester United

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better Match Engine, better Ai squad Building to the point where they actually challenge human squad building, better set piece options where your input pays off instead of exploits, Better Director of Football involvement and interactions and last but not least New and improved interface where its actually like your playing a new game, not a update.

The game is too easy as the others have said. AI squad management is truly awful. I have to use in game editor to make teams around me stronger. I often sell my best players to give other teams a chance and even then its too easy lol

Just introduce more fun and story-telling and character into the game to complement all the serious dry calculations and strategy. Think more Nintendo and less Microsoft:

- Better immersion... to improve the feeling of connection with your players

e.g. a difficult situation occurs with a youth player, requiring your management to nurture him through it over a period of a few months (using multiple conversations).

If you succeed in bringing him through it, the player gets a boost to his personality and attribute scores and his PA goes up.

Nurturing young players, and developing personality connections between managers and players is a fundamental part of a real managers job, and it could be a satisfying one for FM players to be involved in.

- Use faces and short comic-book style animations more.

EG the faces of journalists in press conferences change depending on mood

EG when your team scores a late goal, a small animation appears in one corner showing the manager running along the sideline celebrating, etc

-  I want to see players celebrate a goal by interacting, jumping on top of each other, etc. Currently they do not touch during celebrations

-  Automatically show penalty replays from behind the taker.

- Improve shortcuts so you can jump to the screens you really want with one press. Currently there's restrictions on which pages can be jumped to. This would speed up some of the repetitive business that needs doing regularly.

- Make a map showing the influence of Traits on your players movements and decision making and how these traits interact with the traits of other players in other positions (traits override all other settings so its important).       

Use the layout of the Squad Planner to do this

- Better Press conferences. Refresh the tired phrases. Incorporate a ticking clock so the longer you take to answer, the more angry the mood of the journalists become.

Edited by 2feet

for next year? fix well known match engine issues i.e. throw ins, player silliness/ME representation, removal of away team nerf. 

Long term fixes/features would be less reliance on reputation for the match engine. More dynamic player attributes (not just growth but decline due to age/poor form). Less certainty for scouting.

I don't want new features, i just only want SI to fix the god damn bugs that has existed for years. Second best would probably be improved set piece tactics and international management in all aspect

I'm barely scratching the surface of things that's bad in current FM. You have the ******* squad planner, scouting UI and mechanics taking steps backwards (in my opinion), and etc etc you'll only find in the bug tracker/feedback section of the forums   

Edited by rrreee3

Multiple skins that make the game look fundamentally different with both light and dark versions available - SI must stop relying on the goodwill of the fans to make the good look decent.

Tactic instructions back on one screen and instructions that don't conflict with each other. i.e. if I play a low block, I won't want to play an advanced forward. So things like that should be greyed out IMHO. Unless SI think it makes sense that I want a forward to play high up the field and not actually engage with the ball.

oh and better Graphics, I've been playing FM since CM1 on the Amiga. So if a die hard like myself is getting tired then god knows how others must be

Edited by Steve1977beyond

Something to improve game difficulty.

I love the game but it feels completely pointless at the moment, it's just a grind when the game is so easy - it's like half of the game is missing. I want to battle against relegation and worry about getting fired - sometimes I want to actually get fired too. I want to build a squad over several seasons and develop players rather than just getting promoted back to back and replacing the entire squad. I'm ok with the idea that taking over a tiny club might lead to you getting stuck in league one or the championship due to lack of finances.

I just want to feel like I've earned my wins. FM has reached the point where it's difficult to fail, and the joy of winning has gone as a result.

My concern is that the game will be marketed at the casual players who pick it up at the start of the season, play a couple of seasons as man utd and buy Messi, Mbappe etc, win the champions league and then quit until next year. I'm fine with the game being easy for those casual players, but can we please have a realistic mode where it's actually difficult to climb the leagues, and relegation/being fired is a real possibility?

Overhaul and standardisation of non-playing staff. A 20 should mean as much as if they were in a playing role. 

far too many staff are rated as the best the world (20). 

Likewise, non-playing staff movement needs improved. A club can have several managers during a save, yet their backroom and coaching turnover is low.

On 01/06/2023 at 19:43, 2feet said:

Just introduce more fun and story-telling and character into the game to complement all the serious dry calculations and strategy. Think more Nintendo and less Microsoft:

- Better immersion... to improve the feeling of connection with your players

e.g. a difficult situation occurs with a youth player, requiring your management to nurture him through it over a period of a few months (using conversations).

- Use faces and short comic-book style animations more.

EG the faces of journalists in press conferences change depending on mood

EG when your team scores a late goal, a small animation appears in one corner showing the manager running along the sideline celebrating, etc

-  I want to see players celebrate a goal by interacting, jumping on top of each other, etc. Currently they do not touch during celebrations

-  Automatically show penalty replays from behind the taker.

- If you succeed, he gets a boost to his personality and attribute scores and his PA goes up.

- Improve shortcuts so you can jump to the screens you really want with one press

- Make a map showing the influence of Traits on your players movements and decision making and how these traits interact with eachother (traits override all other settings so its important).       

Use the layout of the Squad Planner to do this

- Better Press conferences. Refresh the tired phrases. Incorporate a ticking clock so the longer you take to answer, the more angry the mood of the journalists become.

Most of these would add absolutely nothing 😂

Bump up the minimum specs substantially...

Dump the users who are still playing on low-spec Commodore 64 micro-computers.

Then uproot and rebuild the interactive system so it's intuitive, quick, a pleasure to use

A system more akin to an iphone or android than the current fiddly infuriating mess.

On 02/06/2023 at 22:28, fc.cadoni said:

Since I am not buying this game for the features, it will be welcome:

a. Set Piece Creator, a total revamp.
b. Set Piece Coaches
c. Tweak in Attributes Weighting for all positions
d. Simpler UX for Scouting

What do you think needs changing in terms of weighting? 

The big one for me is set pieces. Modern sides have a couple of routines in rotation that they practice, and set piece coaches. It's the one area of the game that SI are really behind modern football. Same with kick offs.

Penalties to be less random. Players have preferred locations and run-ups. GKs could also get a boost from researching this.

For the AI squad building, the top sides need to be much more aggressive. Players like Bellingham need to be snapped up quicker.

That said, I'm enjoying a save on 23 and have a baby due in a month so I will probably tap out till 25. :D

Em 03/06/2023 em 03:20, Marko1989 disse:

I have more than enough tools to manage my team. I want the presentation to be better. I don't expect Fifa quality 3D graphics, I just want them to be watchable. I play in 2D for 20 years now. It is really time that we get something pretty. The lighting is awful, the animations are bad, and the game is simply ugly. I don't want FIFA-level graphics, I just want the game to at least look pretty as it was back in 2014 for example. If it is not possible for us to get a nice-looking 3D engine, at least bring back the 2015 2D Engine.

I want a complete skin revamp because I want to feel like it is a new game immediately when I start it. Imagine if there were not good people from the skinning forum, we would play with the same skin for years now.

I want to game to feel new, fresh, good looking, so I can be more immersed. Until that happens, I will not buy the game again.

As it is now, it is like I am using the same program for years now

NJKnmEY.thumb.png.25a88b27223bd9a1e83ea6b2a71ad1e1.png

pXGgjRy.png.8cf79090d2623ace1244eff0e879c31f.png

this is appaling, the lack of progress in the graphics department.

17 hours ago, Minotti said:

-LESS of the statistical crap and that flashy **** that only looks cool but in reality is completely useless (data Hub and the likes).

-MUCH more tactical flexibility where I can dictate how I want my players to play. My definition of an inside forward or roaming playmaker is apparently not the same as the games hard coded versions. Same with tactics and the movement.

-BETTER match engine where I see more variety in how goals are scored.

-BETTER transfer activity from big teams. They end up buying crap players after a while and handicapp themselves.

The comment i agree the most on! Thats everything i want a improvement on

6 hours ago, Birdman10piyu said:

- Bring back timeline during matches, there seems to be absolutely no reason to have removed it

- bring back pre 2017 cameras! Who the hell uses data analyst?

- Change the UI. The game has had the same look for years. Change it. Right now everything is a cluttered mess and is ugly to look at.

- better graphics!!!!!

- more visuals, immersive team interactions, more story telling aspects. Less spreadsheet simulator, more visuals

- dynamic PA. You can argue this all you want, but having PA already set for all players already breaks emmersion. A player's PA should fluctuate based on performance. Mbappe's PA grew from previous FMswhy should it be any different in game?

- speaking of that, do something with dynamics. Once you get full green in dynamics, you're basically just steamrolling. There should be scenarios that force you to make hard decisions

E.g star player arguing with teammate because they of some dispute on the training pitch. Star player is known to be hotheaded, do you.. A. Sell him to ease up the tension in the locker room or B. Live with it because he's bagging you 30+ a season?

I'd like to see situations like that arise. More off the pitch drama that force us to make tough decisions.

With all that said, I have a gut feeling that FM27 will be THE game. 

Some non-regen PAs already fluctuate within a certain range, idk about newgen's PA but if it's static then yeah it should be dynamic ig

About visuals i don't think the visuals are necessarily bad in terms of aesthetics, although i do agree it could definitely be better.

I believe the main reason that the game felt visually poor right now is the amount of information that been presented to the player's inbox or somewhere else but it doesn't provide any significant insight to the player. This is most likely the reason why i don't find data hub useful. Despite data hubs addition, i still need to navigate through dozens of screens just to get all the statistic i want to find. I want the summary of all the statistics to be spoon fed to me, preferably my inbox. It's football manager, not football data analyst. I don't want to be forced to analyze the data, although i'll do it if i don't trust the data analysts' reports

I think storytelling isn't what the game needs right now, there's so many things that requires more urgency than storytelling

I'm glad to be the 10% then :lol: i'm still loyal to FM20

4 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

90% of you people here will buy FM 24 regardless of what you said in this thread.

You're completely right with your criticisms and wishes, but come November, the new version will be bought. And that's why your discontent will be ignored by SI.

On 04/06/2023 at 20:04, Dotsworthy said:

What do you think needs changing in terms of weighting? 

The big one for me is set pieces. Modern sides have a couple of routines in rotation that they practice, and set piece coaches. It's the one area of the game that SI are really behind modern football. Same with kick offs.

Penalties to be less random. Players have preferred locations and run-ups. GKs could also get a boost from researching this.

For the AI squad building, the top sides need to be much more aggressive. Players like Bellingham need to be snapped up quicker.

That said, I'm enjoying a save on 23 and have a baby due in a month so I will probably tap out till 25. :D

In terms of weighting, mostly about Physical and Technical in some positions.

For example DRL Positions with Crossing and Passing. Currently is 2.0. They can take some points from Acceleration & Pace for example. Game will produce more balanced DRL players IMHO; but this is a guess since I don't the exact mathematical formula behind.

1 hour ago, TioPatinhax said:

Interesting that 99% of the posters here have NOT requested women´s football as a new feature they would like to see. Telling as to why SI is proceeding with this nonsense.

Interesting how that is your takeaway from this... Also describing it as nonsense is rather telling of you more than anything else. Anyway, this is NOT the topic for this, so just leave it please.

10 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Interesting how that is your takeaway from this... Also describing it as nonsense is rather telling of you more than anything else. Anyway, this is NOT the topic for this, so just leave it please.

Its not about being women´s football that it is the problem, if it was lets say men´s futsal I would have said the same thing. Look at the state the graphics department is, and look at the way AI managers/teams perform. We have right now 2010 graphics (at best) in a 2023 game.

So before you go virtual signalling anything and extrapolating from my comment, please look at this as constructive criticism (which I had already put forward when the women´s feature was announced).

Regards

8 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

Its not about being women´s football that it is the problem, if it was lets say men´s futsal I would have said the same thing. Look at the state the graphics department is, and look at the way AI managers/teams perform. We have right now 2010 graphics (at best) in a 2023 game.

So before you go virtual signalling anything and extrapolating from my comment, please look at this as constructive criticism (which I had already put forward when the women´s feature was announced).

Regards

If we are using fancy terms like virtue signalling, then I'll say you are gaslighting as you got a thread ban from that topic for continuing the same thing you have just restarted here, quite the far cry from constructive criticism... Please just give it a rest, this is not a suggestion anymore.

I'm all for women's football too. I'm happy to have more leagues added.

But is it such a priority that we need SI to put all their resources into that one feature?

Not really. The problem I have is that SI is going to give us women league and consider that a "major feature" and ignore everything else

9 minutes ago, Birdman10piyu said:

I'm all for women's football too. I'm happy to have more leagues added.

But is it such a priority that we need SI to put all their resources into that one feature?

Not really. The problem I have is that SI is going to give us women league and consider that a "major feature" and ignore everything else

Have a new read of how they will implement it:

They've said it will be a new project that they are throwing extra money into, not taking from the normal development.

So no, that's not correct.

9 hours ago, shirajzl said:

90% of you people here will buy FM 24 regardless of what you said in this thread.

You're completely right with your criticisms and wishes, but come November, the new version will be bought. And that's why your discontent will be ignored by SI.

Sadly true, but not by me if graphics are not improved

Firstly and most important to me is to see the version of the game that gets released in November being a complete and finished game. Too many times the game isn't in that condition on release, it should be, it's a reasonable expectation. It seems to have become accepted that so long as it gets there by the final patch it's somehow ok.

Beyond that, if I sit and think about what's putting me off starting a new save I'd point to the following -

• AI shortcomings around tactics on match day, transfer activity and squad building in general are really poor IMO. So poor in fact that I rarely, if ever move clubs because it breaks my heart to watch the AI systematically destroy a great squad in two seasons or less. There is so much happening on the AI front at the moment, hopefully some of this can find it's way into FM.
  • There's not enough difference between managing clubs and SI needs to find ways to make the experience more unique, at the moment it's very generic. Enhanced stadia, more realistic crowds would help on match day. Outside of that, I accept the challenge is greater but I'm sure more could be done. 
  • I literally dread those opening screens and engagements when starting a new save. In fact, I've started saves in the past and not made it past these screens before thinking I can't be @rsed with this. Find ways to mix it up and make it different. 

General Items:

• Set Pieces - Its well past the stage where it feels a little insulting that nothing has been improved.
  • Squad Planner - I've not given up on it and feel it could be so much better than the current iteration. For example, I'd like the ability to insert a placeholder for a player I want to sign in a particular position but haven't yet identified. i.e "Sign - 2nd choice keeper" or "Loan - Backup Wingback"
  • Graphics, graphics, graphics........pitch textures back to FM12, stadia diversity and realism, the improved 2D view someone mentioned above. I can live with the very slow development of the 3D graphics. I'm not bothered about UI because I feel there are modders that better understand the playing experience. 
  • Tactics......we've got to close the gap between the way we have to play this game and real life. If you are going to call something a simulation then lets simulate real life.
  • Staff Recruitment - I've raised a feature request for this but I can't believe we are still unable to set even basic criteria when posting a job application.
  • January Transfer Window - To me it's broken. It's too easy to prize players from clubs in Jan and that just doesn't happen IRL. Most transfers are unsettled or surplus to requirements players. I quit my last game when I noticed AI team Coventry City losing Viktor Gyokeres in Jan to Augsburg for 6.5m.......I'm sorry but that's not happening (timing or price). Most players, unless there are extenuating circumstances know they aren't getting a move until summer.  
  • Scouting is improved but it's still clunky, same with the recruitment meetings, more work to be done.
  • Supporter engagement didn't have the kind of impact I'd hoped. It was an area where it could have made an impact in making clubs feel unique. Don't give up on it, make it better.
  • Finances - More realistic financials throughout the game and information. When I'm looking to sign a new super star I want to know what he's going to deliver in terms of marketing revenue to the club, links in with social media as well. There are definitely financial implications of a signing that would be made available to and discussed with the manager in advance of a signing. 

I always just want to see the game being the best version of itself. After so many years it still has so much potential. 

9 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Not by me, for sure.

My 2021 play time

k4O8OqA.png.ccafd2aad052ed9f9bb5dc0be13c62f9.png

2022 play time. The game looked exactly the same to me, I didn't see a point in stopping my 2021 save and I wasted the money.

6kIMntT.png.b4be009523585903e68490d8414fc69b.png

As you can see there is no 2023 on the list, I didn't want to waste my money again, and I will not do it for 2024 as well if they don't bring some big changes.

You are not alone:
image.png.68de48a565e8674124e461434ed77176.png
I will try the demo next year as well, but I am not very optimistic about actual nice features/big changes to AI or visuals being included. Or at least not what I consider big rather than minor tweaks if not downgrades.
I used to just blindly get the new versions as they got released, but I got tired of wasting my money for the same exact product with a ME that would "fix" something and break another couple of things in the process.

Edited by Pendraz

Stadia - would be nice to see improvements reflected in the facilities page. I love Stadium images for immersion, but it's quickly out of place once clubs expand, move, build etc.

AI Team Building - Too many saves lack challenge, quickly find the top clubs are buying bang average players, never playing them either. Or the best player in the squad on the transfer list as having no use for his services despite the player being ever present and having the best average rating? 

AI Tactics - Same 11 tactics over and over. Too easy to create a 4411 or 4141 or 433 Narrow and watch the AI have no idea how to counter you. Might be unrelated, but if 76% of the opposition are playing 433 with the same roles it's VERY dull.

Affiliates - needs to reflect the likes and agreements of Red Bull and City Football Group better.

1 hora atrás, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon disse:

Stadia - would be nice to see improvements reflected in the facilities page. I love Stadium images for immersion, but it's quickly out of place once clubs expand, move, build etc.

is this possible without having licencing problems?