What features must appear in FM24 for you to buy the upcoming edition?

12 horas atrás, warlock disse:

If you say so... The only thing I need from FM24 is that it's a game called Football Manger 2024. I've played FM23 almost every day since the beta launched; if there was a way to buy the next version now I'd happily give my money to SI.

You're allowed a different opinion.

There is literally a part of the blog saying that despite this FM being the most played game in their entire series, that they know that the hardcore players are getting tired of not seeing any changes being made in the game in the last couple years lol.
I didn't said it, it was miles.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, masno said:

There is literally a part of the blog saying that despite this FM being the most played game in their entire series, that they know that the hardcore players are getting tired of not seeing any changes being made in the game in the last couple years lol.
I didn't said it, it was miles.

No idea if FM2023 is the most played FM ever but its not got the highest peak amount of players playing at once according to steam. I think its sold the most and i myself bought it but i do not play it as the game itself sucks compared to previous versions.

If FM24 is going to be the final version of Football Manager before FM25, which will have a completely different feel and look, then here's hoping they fix everything they possibly can and add new features that fans have been asking for years on these forums, giving us a complete 'final' version of the game, because if FM25 is going to be different to all the other FM's, then at least we'll always have FM24 for those that are not into the FM25 version: Here's a list of things I really hope they add to FM24.

• CHANGE THE WAY AI CLUBS/MANAGERS BID ON YOUR PLAYERS. Whenever I try to sell a player all of the AI managers will offer me the exact same amount, it's like the AI managers all contact each other before they place the exact same bid on my player. For example, I'll try to sell a player and amazingly I'll receive about 12 offers all the same (even clubs from different countries) £4.6 million plus 15% sell on fee, and £525,000 after the player has played 20 games or whatever. This aspect of the game needs to be much more realistic. There should be a variety of different offers from clubs that have different reputations within the game, so richer clubs would be willing to pay more of the transfer fee upfront, with some instalments, as happens in the real world of football, whereas lower ranked/poorer teams would try and bargain and offer less of the transfer fee upfront and concentrate more on instalments and ad-ons. Even occasionally having an AI club completely cancelling their transfer bid/interest and instead making a loan offer for your player.

• DISCIPLINE EXPANDED. When a player has received too many yellow/red cards or misses training, you're currently only allowed to fine a player a week or two weeks wages. I'd like to be able to discipline the player even more. Suspending him from returning to the training ground for a few days, forcing him to train or play a number of Reserve/Under 20's games before he's even consider for selection for the first team, telling him that he will be benched for the next 3 games, making him apologise to the squad in a team meeting, calling the player out in front of the media, etc. The manager should have more tools at his disposal for disciplining a player other than "Fine Player Two Weeks Wages"

• MANAGERS WANTED BY ANOTHER CLUB. This idea has been missing for years. If another club wants you as their manager but you're still under contract with your current club, then the board should be able to reject or accept the other clubs request for wanting you before you even have an interview with the other club. Of course you can just resign as manager if they reject, but these things happens in real life. We're missing a step in this process, the clubs need to negotiate with each other. If the board rejects the offer from the other club and you're unable to talk to the other club, then you can offer the board an ultimatum, resign or discuss your demands if you're going to stay with your current club. ie, demanding a higher wage, bigger transfer budget, a promise that the board will allow you to talk to another club at the end of the season etc etc. Chairmen in this game need WAY more power, because it currently feels as if the manager runs the whole club.. It's the same with the Director of Football, a manager in real life cannot hire or sack a Director of Football, but in Football Manager we're allowed to hire or sack any board members we want (apart from the Chairman) I know you can turn this option off and set it to "Chairman hires/sacks [said role]" but it shouldn't be an option at all if we want the game to be as realistic as possible. If you don't get on with your Director of Football or don't want to work under one then too bad I guess, find a club that doesn't have one or convince the Chairman you can work on your own without one, or encourage him to sack the DoF. The more experience of a manager you are or if you've been with a club for a long time then the Chairman will tend to agree in your favour of letting you choose whether you want to work under a DoF or not.
  • MORE DETAILS ADDED TO INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT. Surely they will finally add features to this area of the game in FM24, I don't think international management has changed since FM07, in fact I remember we had the ability to train international players and now we can't, so if anything we've actually lost features. Adding training for international managers is a MUST for FM24. I still haven't heard of a good reason why they don't add training to international management, even if we had a smaller/limited version of the training that's already in the game for club teams, having a smaller/limited version of training designed for international teams is much more realistic than having no training at all. Players in real life don't stop training when they go on international duty. I remember I had an International manager save and whenever we played teams in a competition the other nations players would reset to 99% fitness, while my players could be anywhere between 40-80% fitness, it just ruins the realism of the game when I'm unable to progress in an international competition because I'm unable to train or rest my players. 

In real life the World Cup is the greatest sporting event to watch. The excitement people get when the World Cup comes around is unmatched, South Korea vs Columbia, Germany vs Australia, USA vs Denmark, it doesn't matter what game is on, we watch it.. So playing in the biggest tournament in the world, should feel special and different. Yet there's nothing about the World Cup in the game that stands out from other tournaments. Backgrounds/wallpapers/fonts should change, the opening game of the World Cup should be a big deal, the group stage draw should be a big deal, headlines like "WORLD CUP OFFICALLY KICKS OFF TOMORROW", world class players that are in their 30's should be asked if this is going to be their last time ever playing in a World Cup, media should be hectic, goals of the tournament highlights, more hype from fans and media when underdog teams are preforming well, an event taking place when choosing the next host of the World Cup, having all your previous clubs sending you emails congratulating you on winning the biggest trophy in football, etc. Even when you win it, it's treated like you've just won an average trophy.

All of your staff should be on contracts. If I offer a role to a coach with my national team, he'll be there until he retires. This doesn't happen in real life. Most of them should be on the same contract length as the manager. When your contract is running out there should be media speculation about who might take over, or whether or not you're going to sign a new contract with the national team, and AI club managers from the country's top league of which you're managing being asked for their opinions, if they would take the job or whether they think you should stay on. 

Better relationships between international managers and players. I would like to be able to contact a player and tell him if his form for club continues to impress then you'll pick him in the next international squad, giving the player extra motivation to keep playing well. If you're giving a player his first cap, allow us to have a conversation with the player before the squad is announced to tell him that you're going to be pick him for the upcoming national team squad. 

A complete revamp of the National Pool page. This is another feature that hasn't changed for well over a decade, or even improved. I'd like to see different information next to players, make it easier to find players that are from other countries but are eligible to be called up for your country.

When AI international managers are sacked after a tournament, they're always sacked on the same day. This needs to be more random, it's unrealistic and doesn't happen in real life.

In real life when nations announce their 26/30 preliminary squad, some nations usually have one or two friendlies before announcing their final list of a 23 man squad, just so they can look at certain players and decide which players will make their final squad, however in FM I've never been able to arrange friendlies during the preliminary squad, because the very next day or two days later I'm then asked to submit my final squad, I then have to remove a couple of players without even a training session or friendly match. I believe FIFA gives nations an entire month from announcing their preliminary squad to their final squad list, yet in FM you're asked to submit your 23 man squad a day after you just announced a preliminary squad.

Other features I'd like to see for FM24 are.. APPEALING SUSPENSIONS THAT ACTUALLY WORK. A LIVE 60 MINUTE CLOCK TICKING DOWN ON TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY. BEING ABLE TO TALK TO YOUR PLAYERS BEFORE YOU MOVE TO ANOTHER CLUB, SAYING GOODBYE, WISHING THEM ALL THE BEST, ETC. BETTER RELATIONS WITH YOUR STAFF. A COMPLETE OVERHAUL OF SET PIECES. SETTING UP YOUTH ACADEMIES AROUND THE WORLD, ESPECIALLY IN POORER COUNTRIES. HAVING CONTROL OVER PAYING OFF DEBTS, CONTROL OVER WHICH SPONSORSHIP DEALS TO ACCEPT. FIX THE 'SHOUTS' (I don't even know if this feature does anything, but managers in real life aren't limited to just saying one thing every twenty minutes) IT COULD BE VASTLY IMPROVED, EVEN MAKING IT POSSIBLE FOR MANAGERS TO BECOME IRATE WITH THE REF AND BEING SENT TO THE STANDS, AND AS SOON AS YOU GO TO THE STANDS THE GAME REMOVES YOUR ABILITY TO CONTROL TACTICS OR SUBSTITUTIONS WITH YOUR ASSISTANT MANAGER TAKING OVER FOR THE REST OF THE MATCH!

10 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

No idea if FM2023 is the most played FM ever but its not got the highest peak amount of players playing at once according to steam. I think its sold the most and i myself bought it but i do not play it as the game itself sucks compared to previous versions.

When people were home during covid I suspect FM 21 had the height peak however they said they went from a layer base of 2 million to 5 million with FM23 so it’s safe to say that it’s the most popular so far 

Em 30/06/2023 em 19:44, iAlwaysWin disse:

It is, Game pass gave it a huge boost in popularity, and players in GP doesn't appear in the steam.

On 01/07/2023 at 16:33, NRZ said:

Popular doesn't always mean it's good quality. McDonalds is also "popular".

McD slaps different at 3 am after half a dozen of pints :D It's amazing. Coming from someone who obviously knows food, cos am fat.

I will buy FM24, in case I don't like FM25. 

I'm delighted that the whole engine is being rebuilt but a little worried that it might veer in a new direction with the focus on the matches rather than all the weekday goings on at the training ground. 
I really hope that training grounds will be more prominent with training matches where you can try set-pieces and formations from FM25. I also want to walk out of the tunnel and have a camera view that's just behind the dug-out so it feels more like you're down there in the action. Plus more conversations on the touchline. 

A true major feature. Ideally the complete rewamp of the AI squad building and transfer policies. Lacking this i'd be fine with a complete rewamp of international management.

But knowing full well neither of those will happen (why rework these when they will scrap current engine next year?) i will save my money and will not purchase 24. I already regretted spending for 23, i won't make the same mistake again this november.

On 30/06/2023 at 21:46, stevemc said:

Set pieces and international management overhaul are MUST HAVES for FM24. Should have been addressed editions ago.

Really dont get this desire for international management. Its sounds like a nice have but 100% guarantee that when people play it they will hate it because at its core International management is not interesting because at its core its Football manager at its most bare bones. 

• Cant develop players - you dont have them for long enough 
  • Hindered squad building as you can only bring in national players 
  • You have players for 6 weeks in a non-competition year. So in-between  games what are you expecting to train and develop ?
  • no transfers or scouting 
  • no budget management 
  • play a handful of games 
  • Simulating in-between breaks 

Out of everything the game needs, International management overhaul is right at the bottom. There's no way to make it fun or interesting. 

Personally, ive been burnt too much from FM23 (and past FM's) with the lack of actual innovation to buy day one. Maybe down the line but for me to buy it is very much will not care for a single feature they have. I really do not want any half baked ideas that go no where but are there a "filler" for the headline features video. Just fix the core basics 

• AI squad and transfer management. So bored of clubs not developing players, building awful squads and making a mess of the transfer market. 
    • Connected to transfer but when players make the most idiotic decisions like not accepting my salary offer but will take a 50% haircut somewhere else 
  • ME updates - Felt like this ME got stall so quickly 

On 31/05/2023 at 11:41, Polando said:

FM23 dissapointed me, there are practically no changes compared to the previous edition, apart from a few more unnecessary features that have absolutely no effect on the gameplay and only take time for pointless clicking. 

In my case, in order to spend money on the FM24 the absolute minimum is an extensive board interaction panel, especially if i am very successful with the team the managment should give me the keys to the whole club, something like Guardiola or Ferguson in Manchester United

I would love better and quicker editor options. Ability to do scenario mods (Like OOTP Baseball) Without making it into a full time job 

On 09/07/2023 at 13:21, aj6658 said:

Really dont get this desire for international management. Its sounds like a nice have but 100% guarantee that when people play it they will hate it because at its core International management is not interesting because at its core its Football manager at its most bare bones. 

• Cant develop players - you dont have them for long enough 
  • Hindered squad building as you can only bring in national players 
  • You have players for 6 weeks in a non-competition year. So in-between  games what are you expecting to train and develop ?
  • no transfers or scouting 
  • no budget management 
  • play a handful of games 
  • Simulating in-between breaks 

Out of everything the game needs, International management overhaul is right at the bottom. There's no way to make it fun or interesting. 

tbh the simplicity and the focus on tactics and selection rather than budgeting and the constraints of what players you can call up being mostly outside your control is the whole appeal. Player development (with the AI doing the development)  is actually more interesting when you get through five seasons in no time at all

but then you actually play it and it's full of quirks and bugs even in the features specifically designed for international management.

Fan/FA opinion of you resets every few games so you're never under pressure (just abruptly sacked post tournament if you get Brazil in the first knockout round rather than the second). The selection of a national captain dialogue gives you silly options and then your players get upset. Every so often you get asked to talk to a random dual national about their international future without even the slightest indication from your coaches if he'll ever be good enough to play for you. But you don't get to speak to your star prospect about the possibility they might want to try to get some first team football somewhere. Media questions sometimes seem to assume you're at a club in a league

and of course you don't get to plan training to balance fitness with very slight boosts to cohesion or penalty taking  (instead, players' recovery speed is determined by which country their club is based in!)

it's a niche thing, but there's also very little work involved in significantly improving it, and it would have been a logical headline feature in a World Cup year...

Edited by enigmatic

On 04/06/2023 at 12:04, Grez said:

Something to improve game difficulty.

I love the game but it feels completely pointless at the moment, it's just a grind when the game is so easy - it's like half of the game is missing. I want to battle against relegation and worry about getting fired - sometimes I want to actually get fired too. I want to build a squad over several seasons and develop players rather than just getting promoted back to back and replacing the entire squad. I'm ok with the idea that taking over a tiny club might lead to you getting stuck in league one or the championship due to lack of finances.

I just want to feel like I've earned my wins. FM has reached the point where it's difficult to fail, and the joy of winning has gone as a result.

My concern is that the game will be marketed at the casual players who pick it up at the start of the season, play a couple of seasons as man utd and buy Messi, Mbappe etc, win the champions league and then quit until next year. I'm fine with the game being easy for those casual players, but can we please have a realistic mode where it's actually difficult to climb the leagues, and relegation/being fired is a real possibility?

Please teach me. I struggle compared to you. I want to understand the game as the more advanced players do. Maybe its players like me that's holding the game back in terms of difficulty but there is zero documentation. A few hints in the UI and relying on forums is not documentation.

On 12/07/2023 at 20:56, enigmatic said:

tbh the simplicity and the focus on tactics and selection rather than budgeting and the constraints of what players you can call up being mostly outside your control is the whole appeal. Player development (with the AI doing the development)  is actually more interesting when you get through five seasons in no time at all

but then you actually play it and it's full of quirks and bugs even in the features specifically designed for international management.

Fan/FA opinion of you resets every few games so you're never under pressure (just abruptly sacked post tournament if you get Brazil in the first knockout round rather than the second). The selection of a national captain dialogue gives you silly options and then your players get upset. Every so often you get asked to talk to a random dual national about their international future without even the slightest indication from your coaches if he'll ever be good enough to play for you. But you don't get to speak to your star prospect about the possibility they might want to try to get some first team football somewhere. Media questions sometimes seem to assume you're at a club in a league

and of course you don't get to plan training to balance fitness with very slight boosts to cohesion or penalty taking  (instead, players' recovery speed is determined by which country their club is based in!)

it's a niche thing, but there's also very little work involved in significantly improving it, and it would have been a logical headline feature in a World Cup year...

So the focus on tactics and selection is the appeal - which means you are removing around 60% of the game. No proper scouting, no budget management, no transfer windows, no training and development. If it tactics you want to focus on it, then that's a whole game improvement, not an international fix. 

Sure there are some nice quick fixes/ improvements like you mentioned but I think when people think international management overhaul they have this grand idea of what it looks like but like I said, inherently at its core, theres no much you can do.

How will you manage time in-between games/ tournaments (only really play 12 games a year - so you have to simulate all through those boring bits or have to have a dedicated system for international management separate from the main game so no going from club to international management and back) 

38 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

So the focus on tactics and selection is the appeal - which means you are removing around 60% of the game. No proper scouting, no budget management, no transfer windows, no training and development. If it tactics you want to focus on it, then that's a whole game improvement, not an international fix. 

Sure there are some nice quick fixes/ improvements like you mentioned but I think when people think international management overhaul they have this grand idea of what it looks like but like I said, inherently at its core, theres no much you can do.

How will you manage time in-between games/ tournaments (only really play 12 games a year - so you have to simulate all through those boring bits or have to have a dedicated system for international management separate from the main game so no going from club to international management and back) 

No, when people say give international management overhaul, they mostly mean do the very basic things that will mean it isn't actually rubbish. Some level of player interaction. A few media questions. A training plan for international weeks so you can choose match cohesion, set piece sharpness, or rest. This would have been a better headline feature than, say, live draws for the next round of cups.

And managing time in between games is hardly the world's most difficult thing, but yeah, a sensible continue button that speeds forward until something actually happened would be nice.

10 hours ago, enigmatic said:

No, when people say give international management overhaul, they mostly mean do the very basic things that will mean it isn't actually rubbish. Some level of player interaction. A few media questions. A training plan for international weeks so you can choose match cohesion, set piece sharpness, or rest. This would have been a better headline feature than, say, live draws for the next round of cups.

And managing time in between games is hardly the world's most difficult thing, but yeah, a sensible continue button that speeds forward until something actually happened would be nice.

No I agree that the headline features have been so bad that its gaslighting

But I will say that it's one of those ideas that sounds good but minimal impact as a whole. I put it down a level or 2 from people asking for the ability to spend their in game manager salary. Sounds good but not.

• Interactions - these tire out incredibly quickly no matter what you do. 
  • Training plan - again, if you're not improving players, having a  long term style of play, just building up cohesion gets boring. You set it once, then rinse and repeat.
  • I do think you're underestimating how boring the simulation between games. Simulating for maybe a month maybe several months 

Im not trying to be a dick. Im just trying to highlight the inherent problems with international football management because I do not think SI are going to do much with it (or if they did, people will still be underwhelmed) and hopefully explaining it provides some comfort. 

None.

They lost me at FM18 and can't imagine a comeback now. It's so ugly and bloated now.

Still play the odd old game though. 

Miles and the likes will run this franchise to the ground.

Edited by Choccy18

hace 14 horas, aj6658 dijo:

To be fair, the remaining 40% is the part that's actually fun IMO.

On 30/06/2023 at 23:44, iAlwaysWin said:

Why do you come to that conclusion? 

6 hours ago, Cobblers said:

Why do you come to that conclusion? 

What part? The fact FM22 is a far superior game with more skins, graphics and custom support than FM23 or the fact all time peak playing FM22 at one time is higher than FM23?

Edited by iAlwaysWin

1. Automatically return from holiday if your club offers you a new contract 

2. More clauses etc when you negotiate a contract with a club (for the manager that is). Extension if both parties agree/win the league etc, release clause if a big club is after you

3. At clubs where the sporting director has all the power, he/she should decide if the club should approach player x

4. Better/different club objectives; lower squad age, play a different type of football, reduce wages, sell for a certain amount pf money each year

5. Realistic finances - get into debt, have to sell to buy, consequences of missing out on continental football and so on (lower transfer and wage budgets, maybe sponsorship deals should take a harder hit as well)

6. More realistic transfer market

7. More realism when a player chooses a new club (plan for him and playing time should matter more, not just reputation)

8. Better AI squad building (maybe they should strive to maintain an average squad age in the range of 24-28 or something, they rarely let older players go at the right time)

9. Experience should be more important (I usually win the league with a bunch of kids, not very realistic in most cases)

10. More AI variety in formations and roles used

11. Better AI game managment - like make changes to counter a specific type of threat from the other team

12. Better advice for assistant manager - does the other team pose a specific threat and how to counter it

13. Less limitations to each player role - we should be sble to tailor each role as we please (change the existing roles to make the players behave the way we want them to)

14.Change the set pieces

15. Empower the sporting director more, he is usually the boss of the manager, not the other way around

16. Politey ask Daveincid for some input on tips to make the game even more realistic

Some of my thoughts on how to improve the game, cheers!