What features must appear in FM24 for you to buy the upcoming edition?

43 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

is this possible without having licencing problems?

Probably not. I mean, licensing are crazy, even the fixture list is licensed, so I would struggle to see stadiums not being it! :seagull:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would very much like to be able to take control of a real coach, lead zerbi on the pantheon of charts, in addition there could be a kind of game with his or addons, for example unlocking a legendary coach, (for example if you win the champions league with Milan unlock arrigo sacchi, ect) some have fun creating their coaches others like to have fun with a real coach, I find it a shame it's frustrating not to have this feature in 2023, indeed it's not complicated to set up, everyone takes pleasure according to what they like is not only as MILES wants it

43 minutes ago, trezegoal73 said:

I would very much like to be able to take control of a real coach, lead zerbi on the pantheon of charts, in addition there could be a kind of game with his or addons, for example unlocking a legendary coach, (for example if you win the champions league with Milan unlock arrigo sacchi, ect) some have fun creating their coaches others like to have fun with a real coach, I find it a shame it's frustrating not to have this feature in 2023, indeed it's not complicated to set up, everyone takes pleasure according to what they like is not only as MILES wants it

Whenever this gets brought up, I'm left asking...why?  As someone who wants this, what do you think it brings to the game?  Could you not achieve largely what you want manually using the various editors and suspend disbelief a little.  The only bits missing that you couldn't write into the game would be the histories, but it isn't like they're particularly used in any gameplay function anyway.  You could probably add as much colour as you can get by adding rivalries/favoured personnel and/or removing the original manager if they're still in the database.

On 06/06/2023 at 19:58, XaW said:

Have a new read of how they will implement it:

They've said it will be a new project that they are throwing extra money into, not taking from the normal development.

So no, that's not correct.

What's the point? The Women players and their matches will look exactly the same as the men's, just like now a match between PSG and Man City looks exactly the same as Afan Lido V Swansea University all it will be is an added league. 

FM 24 needs to be not just a database update but look new. I have loaded FM22 by accident and hadn't realised it wasn't FM23 for over two hours of playing it that it was a different game.  

Honestly, even if the ME and graphics weren't improved but they changed the UI/added the simple enough QOL changes I'd be convinced to buy the new game.

I'll just say this now, stop buying FM. Don't buy FM24 if they pull the same game.  Boycott the product enough so they aren't so complacent when working on FM because I think SI has just gotten comfortable knowing they hold their fans by the b***s. They know there aren't any real competitors out there right now and sadly, it's true. Who the hell wants to play soccer manager? sure, it's getting better every year but it's no where near FM.

Until a new company comes out with a new game. we're stuck with SI.

Not essential to me but..... given the recent changes in Saudi Arabia and the players already there or headed there you've got to think this will need to be added as a playable league? 

1 hour ago, janrzm said:

Not essential to me but..... given the recent changes in Saudi Arabia and the players already there or headed there you've got to think this will need to be added as a playable league? 

Editors' forum is full of Arab league add-ons. No need for SI to bother.

2 hours ago, bpecanha said:

One thing that amazes me in this kind of thread is how nobody even mention sounds. FM sounds in-game are TERRIBLE, even worse than the graphics. They improved a little bit, but it's still awful. Of course, when you are playing in an empty stadium, it makes sense to hear ball noises, referee whistles and stuff. However, in a packed stadium it should be different, according to the country. If I'm managing in England, I want to hear the English-style chants (it doesn't need to be real chants, just something that resembles it). If I'm playing in Argentina, I want to hear the instruments and feel like the crowd is going crazy. Even those trash flash games from 2009 like Goalkeeper Premier have better sounds compared to FM.

Probably because for a lot of people, the first thing they do is turn them off.  Even if they spent the entire year improving them, I'd still switch them off first thing.  I expect there are people out there who would love them to be improved, but if nobody is mentioning them as something they'd like to improve, that probably speaks volumes, and it's unlikely to get a huge amount of attention in a relatively short development cycle.

10 hours ago, Garethjohn79 said:

What's the point? The Women players and their matches will look exactly the same as the men's, just like now a match between PSG and Man City looks exactly the same as Afan Lido V Swansea University all it will be is an added league. 

There's literally photos in that thread that was linked that shows they're specifically motion capturing female players.  They go into detail about how they'll have to go back to the start in planning out how models will move and interact within the match engine.  The matches will almost certainly look different, and if they're doing it properly - which given the time they're allocating to it, I expect they're at least attempting - then it will feel significantly different, as it should. If you're looking at that thread, and imagining there'll be very little changing, I'd suggest there's some ulterior motive in there.

And as gets pointed out every single time this gets trotted out, this can be an incredible opportunity to improve the match engine across the board that wouldn't exist otherwise.  Going back to basics allows them to ask the right questions, think of better ways to do things, and those lessons and findings will be brought over to improve the game generally.  

1 hour ago, janrzm said:

They add leagues every other edition, it's just a list and a few more teams you can play as, the problem SI have is they don't bother with the little leagues once they are added, look at Northern Ireland in FM22 they didn't bother rectifying the error they made with league fixtures being played everyday towards the end and that league is in a country with plenty of people who play FM. 

There are plenty of leagues that without subscribers on Steam that would just be initials and clubs with bizarre names, what was the big noise on getting the pictures of UEFA tournaments when the clubs playing in it were still called the game still looks exactly the same and you could download the correct ones anyway..

Its as if SI do what they can then leave the rest to those who'll finish it off for free on steam. The bugs are left to those who buy in November to find, so you only get a finished product in March.

40 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Editors' forum is full of Arab league add-ons. No need for SI to bother.

Exactly! why pay anyone to work on improving the game when you'll get a load of editors doing it for free. Its like the YTS scheme in the 1990's, why pay a labourer £200 pw when you can get a 16 year old kid doing it for £30 under a ''government scheme''.

16 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Probably because for a lot of people, the first thing they do is turn them off.  Even if they spent the entire year improving them, I'd still switch them off first thing.  I expect there are people out there who would love them to be improved, but if nobody is mentioning them as something they'd like to improve, that probably speaks volumes, and it's unlikely to get a huge amount of attention in a relatively short development cycle.

There's literally photos in that thread that was linked that shows they're specifically motion capturing female players.  They go into detail about how they'll have to go back to the start in planning out how models will move and interact within the match engine.  The matches will almost certainly look different, and if they're doing it properly - which given the time they're allocating to it, I expect they're at least attempting - then it will feel significantly different, as it should. If you're looking at that thread, and imagining there'll be very little changing, I'd suggest there's some ulterior motive in there.

And as gets pointed out every single time this gets trotted out, this can be an incredible opportunity to improve the match engine across the board that wouldn't exist otherwise.  Going back to basics allows them to ask the right questions, think of better ways to do things, and those lessons and findings will be brought over to improve the game generally.  

So they have been looking to improve the way the game looks but only chose to implement it when adding the female leagues. 

1 hour ago, Garethjohn79 said:

So they have been looking to improve the way the game looks but only chose to implement it when adding the female leagues. 

...because they're getting extra, external funding to do so that they wouldn't have got otherwise.  Which again, was outlined in the linked thread.

Personally - I'd like to see a better interface for feedback on tactic performance in game. Ass Man feedback could do with being better, and it would help lessen that learning curve for new managers (or the less tactically astute like me). 

i mostly play long-term saves 15-20 Years, what i miss out is the changes in generations. You know the Mbappe, Messi and so on, for some reason is totally lose track of the future stars. You only get to see the Top 50 Players or ballon Dor once a year.

Also a more prominent display of European Championship and World Cup. Even if im not managing it

There is an Season finisher with your team, where you see your best games, Transfers and stuff like that. Something like that would be nice for every major tournament, so scroll through. 

Maybe  an graphical improvement to 3D Match Engine

Improved AI Squad and tactics 

Overall im happy with the last 2 iterations 

played them 500 and 700 hours and long-term saves

Edited by TexasDemon

For me, during the season I like to holiday in between games as I don't have loads of time to play. I'd just like a tick box option to return off holiday if there's something that requires attention, such as a player complaining. Sick of going on holiday for 5 days and coming back to several players angry at me with no way to speak to them.

40 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Stadium Editior is completely possible if Si could be bothered doing it, theres no copyright law that would stop Fans using an editor for football stadiums.

That'll be why it's just as easy to create a league system in the editor for Japan as it is for any other nation...

Different licensing agreements hold different requirements.  I'd agree that it's probably unlikely anyone would go after this kind of stuff, but I'm not sure how you can unequivocally say that there's no way.  Certain clubs have already tried to go after things I wouldn't have thought would be worthwhile. One party holds far more knowledge of this stuff, and it isn't any of us.  

As it is, the game gives a huge number of options for user customisation.  A lot of which can circumvent a lot of the licensing rules SI themselves are held to.  If there was absolutely no issue, like you claim, I expect there would, at the very least, be options in the editor for customisation.  Yet there's nothing.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

5 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Stadium Editior is completely possible if Si could be bothered doing it, theres no copyright law that would stop Fans using an editor for football stadiums.

Depends what you want from a stadium editor.  If you think you can have the equivalent of adding buildings into Cities: Skylines I think you'll be forever out of luck.  From what I can see the limitations are technical rather than licensing* and relate to how the stadiums are built in game.  Clearly there's a construction kit approach - stadiums get built from the kit parts based on capacity and location in the world. They also get colour coded to the club, get buildings and trees added based on location and have to be compatible with the crowd generation mechanics, placement of the bench and other objects around the pitch and the pitch itself.

There's a big argument that the design of the stadium 'kits' could (and should) be more architecturally convincing, have greater variety of designs, and there's definitely a need for better representation of lower league grounds (as a lot of women's football takes place on what are essentially training grounds that may improve when women's football comes along).  

I think we should definitely have access to edit stadiums within the confines of the current (kit-based) model - i.e the stadium page in game should have an edit stadium button that would take you into an editor that would allow you to switch the stands around within the capacity limits.

But, as I said at the start, if you want to be able to add a replica stadium built in Blender I doubt you'll ever get that - SI would need to allow overriding of the kit stadium and incorporate some way of allowing the imported stadium to define crowd placement.

* though I'm sure in our insane world of copyright and licensing there is some way to stop a representation of a real stadium if a club is litigious.

Edited by rp1966

14 hours ago, forameuss said:

That'll be why it's just as easy to create a league system in the editor for Japan as it is for any other nation...

Different licensing agreements hold different requirements.  I'd agree that it's probably unlikely anyone would go after this kind of stuff, but I'm not sure how you can unequivocally say that there's no way.  Certain clubs have already tried to go after things I wouldn't have thought would be worthwhile. One party holds far more knowledge of this stuff, and it isn't any of us.  

As it is, the game gives a huge number of options for user customisation.  A lot of which can circumvent a lot of the licensing rules SI themselves are held to.  If there was absolutely no issue, like you claim, I expect there would, at the very least, be options in the editor for customisation.  Yet there's nothing.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

Fans using an editor has no profit game for Si. Fans already add badges, faces and kits to the game but its non profit and free to use. Adding Stadium Editor would require alot of work for a feature i would presume. Now you could argue Si are providing a tool to replicate real life stadiums, but a likeness to a Stadium isnt exactly an exact replica, i think its more to do with the effort involved which alot of people at Si wont like to hear and push back at that notion.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

Not a "must", but definitely  "preferred":

1. Understanding that stadium design cannot accurately reflect real-life examples, a much better default stadium in the match engine.  It is depressingly disappointing to watch games in top professional leagues and see:-

Wide areas of unused concrete at the corners
2 metre brick walls at the back of these areas
Ambulances parked on the pitch side
Burger vans on the pitch side
50,000 all-seater stadiums and 2 picnic tables with seating for 8 people.

Just fill in the corners with seats and forget about all of the above.

2. Realistic regen faces- some of the current ones are very poor, especially when half your youth intake has beards.

These are the ones I suggested in the feature request thread. 

Does everyone agree?

1. Suggestions for the match engine

Until now, dribbling in the match engine has been difficult to see except for players with fast running to outrun opposing defenders. Especially, players such as Neymar, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Saint-Maximin, and others who have spectacular dribbling in real soccer are just ordinary players in FM's match engine. I think dribbling should be developed and implemented intensively in FM24. 

2. Suggestions for the transfer market and AI managers

There are a lot of unrealistic things about the current AI managers getting fired and taking over as the manager of a new club. For example, Simeone, who has been the manager of Atletico Madrid for a long time, suddenly gets hired by Liverpool in the middle of the season. Is it realistic for Pep Guardiola to leave Man City in the middle of the season to take over at Real Madrid?
At the very least, I think it's realistic that when a manager is sacked, the next manager is either unemployed or at a lower level club.  

Also, in the transfer market, AI managers too easily release legendary players who have been with the club for a long time. For example, Bayern Munich's one-club man Muller always goes to Barcelona. Is this realistic? 

3 Suggestions for stadiums

Please improve the quality of the stadiums in FM24. So far, the stadiums are so crappy and uncharacteristic of each other - stadiums in the 4th and 5th divisions look like stadiums in the 2nd division. Please provide a stadium editor so that users can create their own stadiums. 

I would like to have more statistics. graphics to game engine...I hope the FM does not go the same wat Civ or paradox games are going for the tiktok generation with only graphs  and no content.

stats like an all time  topscorers of the league so you can see how your player is doing. (more then 100 goals). same with games for major leagues and Champions League. same for countries  the 60+ caps club.

I would like to have better scouting reports. where they are part data-driven...part personality, part scout insite. go into more details. give more background.

more control regarding the youth system would be nice....like you had in fifa manager in the past. that was nice.  also the names need to be updated for many countries. UK/ Netherlands. in netherlands indonesian names....the newgens receive names of people in their 30s/40s...nobody aged under 20 is named like that anymore for 95% of the time. it would be nice if they worked with name databases and they would be more moddble...same with different background/ethnicities  to add more moddability there would be great.

On 07/06/2023 at 14:45, XaW said:

Probably not. I mean, licensing are crazy, even the fixture list is licensed, so I would struggle to see stadiums not being it! :seagull:

With the licensing being so crazy, why can SI have all the names of the worlds footballers and even represent them with correct height, weight, skin colour, hair colour etc. in the match engine without being impacted by licensing? Is it because the match engine is very "vague" and the players are show from afar and not in any detail?
But if the stadiums are used in the same way it will be obvious breach of licensing because of the clarity/size of the stadium?

17 minutes ago, Robbie Hood said:

With the licensing being so crazy, why can SI have all the names of the worlds footballers and even represent them with correct height, weight, skin colour, hair colour etc. in the match engine without being impacted by licensing? Is it because the match engine is very "vague" and the players are show from afar and not in any detail?
But if the stadiums are used in the same way it will be obvious breach of licensing because of the clarity/size of the stadium?

They have licensed it. Some teams have individual deals, such as Man UFC, or Zebra and the like. And there has been issues with individuals before, such as "Jan Janssen"...

So the only reason they have it is because they have deals for it. I think it's through FIFPro, but I'm not familiar with the details.

On 04/06/2023 at 13:47, Minotti said:

-LESS of the statistical crap and that flashy **** that only looks cool but in reality is completely useless (data Hub and the likes).

-MUCH more tactical flexibility where I can dictate how I want my players to play. My definition of an inside forward or roaming playmaker is apparently not the same as the games hard coded versions. Same with tactics and the movement.

-BETTER match engine where I see more variety in how goals are scored.

-BETTER transfer activity from big teams. They end up buying crap players after a while and handicapp themselves.

This x100

I want more tactical options, more instructions, more control over how my players play, instead of just selecting premade presets that are hardcoded to behave a certain way in the ME. I want to control players movement and positioning in all 3 phases of play separately, instead of having a role that controls all 3 aspects of that for me. (I'd also like to control my players behaviour in defensive third, middle third, and final third in posession, in order to create/replicate modern, real-life stuff that people like Pep, Ten Hag, Arteta, De Zerbi do).

Overall match engine improvements so it actually resembles a real match, I don't want to see the same thing happening every single game (main reason why I use instant result on 80% of the matches I play)

I don't care about the statistics, etc. because they're useless to me due to how the game is designed. I have access to all the attributes (bar the hidden ones, that I also can easily see with a skin). I don't really have to look at any data to see how good a certain player is, I can just look at his attributes and personality - that immediately tells me if he's good or not. Stats do make sense in real life, where you don't just have a list of attributes for every player, and you need to measure their performance somehow, but imo, currently, it's just not at all required in FM, unless you play attributeless.

Better squad building and AI transfers are a must.

Graphics... we've been repeating this for the last 3-4 years. They've gone downhill. We don't need a 2023 AAA title level of graphics, we just need them not to be like they came out in 2005.

Better set piece planner/designer.

Major UI/UX improvements are needed, it's definitely getting better every year, but it's still the same as it's been 10 years ago in many areas. - There are some really talented and committed skin makers out there, and they've made some incredible stuff this year. But I don't want to rely on myself, or any other skin maker creating skins in order to make this game look better (and this is highly subjective ofc). But it would be great if SI themselves introduced the attributeless version of the skin, where we rely more on the data and stats, and where we can't really see most, if not all of the attributes. Rather, the attributes are replaced with text strings, just like the scout reports are (something like this https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/568674-fm23skin-the-annual-show-your-skin-thread/?do=findComment&comment=14048252)

Something that's also tied to the UI/UX is the overall immersion. Now this might sound contradicting, but hear me out.

The game needs to be more like a game, and less like a spreadsheet. We need more gamification, and less walls of text, less tables, less numbers, less tabs to click through. We need more animations, more graphics, more "visual" feedback on certain stuff, rather than relying on pure text/numbers. You'd think immersion would be accomplished by adding more realism, but that just doesn't seem to be the case for this game, due to how everything is displayed to you.

I'm obviously not expecting any of this to actually happen, and I'll still probably buy the game come November (unless it's yet another FM23 with no new stuff - but I doubt that will be the case). 

Edited by (sic)

2 hours ago, Robbie Hood said:

2 hours ago, XaW said:

They have licensed it. Some teams have individual deals, such as Man UFC, or Zebra and the like. And there has been issues with individuals before, such as "Jan Janssen"...

So the only reason they have it is because they have deals for it. I think it's through FIFPro, but I'm not familiar with the details.

What Xaw said. And I definitely forsee a point as things evolve, the licencing getting more and more complex. The fact that there are so many "workarounds" shows how SI will try and give users scope where possible without making it too obvious

I didnt buy the latest FM, for many reasons. To actually give money to SI this winter they would need to improve this

1. AI transfers - I see little progess over the past, lets say, 10 years. Random transfers, clubs buying world class players they dont need and then actually not even playing them, manager transfers, no logic at all. And the most annoying is the recent problem of AI keeping old squads and young players never get the chance to develop (known issue for 2 years, never fixed)

2. Attribute balancing issue - as we know, for the past two years players seem to keep their fitness up to the late 30s, problem connected with issue above. Also, what is my problem since i started playing FM, newgen players are totally unbalanced. Full backs with bad techical attributes like dribbling and crossing. For a person who likes to play long term saves it becomes almost impossible to play certain tactics after a while. Also no sweeper keeper newgens, to many advanced forward type of strikers and so on

3. UI/UX - I can just copy what (sic) said above, he said it better than i could. Everything is the same for too long. it became stale and boring. The game needs new life

4. Match graphics  -  this is something i could ignore for a bit longer if things above are improved, but for me the most frustrating thing about the game. Compared to FM17 there has been a clear regress. I can not understand for a second how can a game from 6 years ago look better than now. Its a complete let down, especially considering how SI often brags about record sales. That means more money and at least what they could do is improve it a bit since then. But no, it actually looks much worse. From stadiums, to pitch texture, shades. But its okay, we have burger vans and picnic tables. Honestly, i dont know a game that got worse graphically in space of 6 years, FM must be clear favourite there

I know people will says the game is not about graphics, but it is still important enough to actually invest some time and money. So to have it worse....i dont know, i cannot understand

5. Match engine and animation improvement - inside forwards never cut inside, no dribbling etc. After playing game for 15+ years everything is known and expected. I understand this part of the game is already complex enough and its not easy to improve it so thats why its lower on my list

I dont expect everything to be fixed. And looking at the history and past experiance, I actually doubt anything from above will be fixed or improved. But lets see

Edited by Cro-cop

If the game was not about Graphics then the work involved when they first released a 3d representation of the Match Engine would have never been made, graphics are important even for a game like Football Manager, and i also agree that the game has regressed in that department, like for example when they removed the top down view of the 3d Engine which i actually quite liked.

Agree generally with a lot of what everyone has said here, just had a few little things I'd like to add.

One thing that annoys me is when you sign a player, who will only arrive when the last game has been played but before the season technically ticks over, and it puts them in the previous season. Its just so annoying, and I can't imagine that this would be the hardest thing ever to fix.

Another thing is the managerial timeline, I would absolutely love to be able to remove, add, edit, etc..., things in it. I'd love to be able to add specific matches with it (with a generic preset template or with you being able to label it however you wish) that I though were in particular important. In an old Everton save I was midtable with not much going on, and then I came back from 2-0 down at home to Leeds to win 3-2 with a late winner, and after that I went on a great run and ended up finishing in a European place. I think it would be great to be able to add this in the timeline, as well as remove things that are included like random second choice goalkeepers I signed on a free transfer once.

Another issue I have is the data hub, I just don't get it and the advice it gives you. For example, often it will tell you to put 'work ball into box' on to stop having wasteful shots from distance, but once you put that on, it tells you to put 'shoot on sight' on to have more shots. Well which is it? I don't think the advice the data hub, staff, etc..., give are very good and are never too helpful, which makes the tactical side of the game quite difficult for people like me who aren't great at the tactical side of the game.

8 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

1) Remove PA. 

a dynamic pa is the same than the fixed one. Totally unrealistic. 

please no...its is realistic. and part of the core FM mechanics...something that made FM great and better than all other manager games. the moment they quick PA system it will be the death of FM

36 minuti fa, the_hdk ha scritto:

please no...its is realistic. and part of the core FM mechanics...something that made FM great and better than all other manager games. the moment they quick PA system it will be the death of FM

PA is fantasy attribute than it doesn’t exist in real life. it is an arcade feature that ruins the search for realism. 

6 hours ago, 2feet said:

Why doesn't SI bundle skins with the main game?

because far more users create them than they can offer. much more imagination in the community, 

9 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

1) Remove PA.

remove pa?  replace with what? 

45 minuti fa, rinso ha scritto:

because far more users create them than they can offer. much more imagination in the community, 

remove pa?  replace with what? 

I made a complete post in feature request some years ago. 

in brief: 

we all have all it is needed. 

starting CA + mental (professionalism, determination, pressure etc) + enviroment (structure, coach etcc) + matches played (experience)

where us as manager have a key role, cause we really develop a good player, but also failed and burn an hot prospect 

Dear SI, please don’t waste any time making pointless cosmetic changes suggested on here, such as anything to do with stadiums. It’s almost as if some want it to look like fifa man!

I have been playing FM (and champ man) since their inception, and it’s never ever been about how the games look for me.

Personally, if I could make one suggestion, it would be that my staff aren’t absolute morons, particularly assistant managers. Has anyone ever let their assistant pick the team, and have you ever “listened” to his in-game suggestions? They’re on another planet :idiot:

And when I agree to the personal development of players, advised by my assistant, 9 times out of 10 the player rocks up saying their training isn’t beneficial.

Whenever I leave youth team staff recruitment to someone else, they appoint utter dross - so I end up doing literally everything myself now from top to bottom. 

Possesion as a whole should be reworked in the Match Engine. How is it possible that for a few editions of the game we are still stuck with teams getting 55%+ possesion because of passing between their centre backs and DMs? I'm playing as Barcelona right now and I can't get more possesion than Granada, Getafe or Atletico Madrid because of them passing the ball around the back. It's completely unrealistic and immersion breaking, but it doesn't even get a look from the devs. Barcelona on average had over 600 passes and with extreme possesion tactics in FM you can get an average of maybe 350, over 500 if your opponent is not interested in playing with the ball or got a red card.

Also just a lot more tactical freedom would be so good. You can't even use wingers in a way that City uses, tactics break into attacking and defending. Roles are hard coded and are lacking creativity, you can just recreate, not create. It just seems that the tactical aspect of the game is not really getting developed and instead we are getting graphs, diagrams and menus and that sucks because it's Football Manager not Football Analyst Kinda Sometimes Looking At The Pitch

8 hours ago, Mst82 said:

Dear SI, please don’t waste any time making pointless cosmetic changes suggested on here, such as anything to do with stadiums. It’s almost as if some want it to look like fifa man!

No one in this thread has asked for the game to look like fifa. The complaints are that visually the game was downgraded in 2017 and left untouched since.

Calling cosmetic changes pointless when the whole idea of the game is fantasizing managing a football team is absurd.

15 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

in brief: 

starting CA + mental (professionalism, determination, pressure etc) + enviroment (structure, coach etcc) + matches played (experience)

where us as manager have a key role, cause we really develop a good player, but also failed and burn an hot prospect.

A players physique should also matter. You cannot completely coach the physical dominance of Mbappe or Haaland, some of that is genes.

That said, I kind of agree with this. Some players do just peak early though, and the balancing act is how that works in the game.

One thing that I would like to see is making players more specialized in particular roles. Most players in real life tend to fit a few tactical systems only, but in FM most players (at the start of the game at least) can mostly play in any type of system with few issues.

On 10/06/2023 at 00:50, iAlwaysWin said:

Fans using an editor has no profit game for Si. Fans already add badges, faces and kits to the game but its non profit and free to use. Adding Stadium Editor would require alot of work for a feature i would presume. Now you could argue Si are providing a tool to replicate real life stadiums, but a likeness to a Stadium isnt exactly an exact replica, i think its more to do with the effort involved which alot of people at Si wont like to hear and push back at that notion.

Really? How many wouldn't buy the game if their wasn't a community adding leagues, skins, and badges? One of the first thing I do is subscribe on steam to the real name fix and a few low league without them I'd hate playing the Brazilian, Spanish or Chinese leagues. It's another reason I wait till March if I buy as there isn't enough at release. I bet if there was someone who could closely replicate stadiums it'd improve the game experience. And remember SI doesn't pay anyone to be an editor on steam it's all free, a lot of the game has been built by it's players doing the developers job, researchers, those sending bug reports and finding mistakes with leagues and other things. It almost as if it's volunteer run.

I would like for SI to focus more on making it more focus on aspects of the game than on the realism side of it. Keep the depth of the game that players/gamers/FMers like about the game, but keep in mind this is a computer game.

A case in point is Press Conferences. Is it something that the actual manager has to do? Sure, it is part of the life of manager. Does anyone give any importance in real life? Not really, only probably a small percentage of the general football fans that listen to it, because in real life they are boring. It is something demanded by the media for the media, to have something to sell football fans in TV football debate shows and newspapers or engagement for users to go to their sites and spend money on them. I mean we had press conferences since the '60s or earlier, but this game had no press conferences feature since what FM10? The game remained popular previous FM10, regardless.

Anyway... in-game, it's there because it is part of a football manager's life, it is also very boring. people like myself have called for revamp or removal of this feature (I'm included in the latter part). SI, year, upon year, said they added more questions to it, and revamp it (it is like version 3 or 4 of it), but it remains repetitive. People who defend it said, you don't need to do this, just sent your computer assistant manager. But those that don't want to do it, are afraid it ruins their team's morale, whereas the other side replies, no problem has little influence on the team.

I question, why we have this feature, that only sacrifices gameplay, for the sake of endless obsession to mimic of football manager's life. It is simple and still remains a wasting-time feature, to make a season even last longer.

I don't want to remove it, simply forget about it. I do know many people like it (if you love it, good for you, but i feel a profession in a real club in press communication should ideal job for you). But, what I mean is I wish SI focus more on the gameplay that these features actually offer to the players. if you go to any game from Paradox, some people get really scared by how massive and complicated those games are, but every single feature in them serves a purpose to it. Sometimes they do it wrong and change it to create an actual balance for the game. Not saying that SI doesn't do this. They do, but some features do feel time-wasting and have little impact on your gameplay, you using these features or your computer-generated staff, is the same thing, a feature added to the game should fell important. I still fail to see how a Press Conference furthers the said gameplay.

My main request for FM24 stop adding stuff because is part of the manager's life, but how do these features push the gameplay further to make a more engaging game.

If we're going to talk about graphics. I think what people are really asking for is for an improvement to the animations. 

We don't want fifa 23 textures but we do want fifa 23 animation's and physics.

Right now, every player still moves like robots, ice skates and shoots the exact same. We'd like to see more weight behind a player's actions. We'd like the physics improved so you can actually see players bodying eachother. 

4 hours ago, grade said:

My main request for FM24 stop adding stuff because is part of the manager's life, but how do these features push the gameplay further to make a more engaging game.

You actually make a really good point. I've never been against press conferences as I'm pretty neutral when it comes to them, but you are right, since their impact on what happens in the game word is somewhere between minimal to negligent, they serve no purpose and should be removed or changed. Its a waste of time and resources when they add more questions to them as the dont have any significant impact on the game world.

I think hardly anyone thinks press conferences have had a significant impact on the outcome of their FM game/career.

22 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

in brief: 

where us as manager have a key role, cause we really develop a good player, but also failed and burn an hot prospect 

so they still have a ceiling they can reach?

2 hours ago, Platinum said:

You actually make a really good point. I've never been against press conferences as I'm pretty neutral when it comes to them, but you are right, since their impact on what happens in the game word is somewhere between minimal to negligent, they serve no purpose and should be removed or changed. Its a waste of time and resources when they add more questions to them as the dont have any significant impact on the game world.

I think hardly anyone thinks press conferences have had a significant impact on the outcome of their FM game/career.

Back in the heyday of Fergie and Jose press conferences definitely had an impact on matches. As everyone is getting increasingly media trained now, the impact reduces as managers and players are taught to only say neutral stuff. If anything the most interesting press interactions come immediately after a match IRL when managers don’t have time to compose themselves.

a quicker way for FM to deal with press conferences may be simply listed 5 demeanour options. Eg aggressive, passionate, neutral, bored, disenchanted etc. that’s what the questions are trying to establish anyway. And that way you could deal with the press in the game with 1 click of a button