Winter Patch Speculation Thread

11 часов назад, kiingallen сказал:

Tbh it would be the only way I’d get opted in.
No chance I’m putting myself through it again next time. My yearly cycle starts this winter update and I’ll decide on the next edition after the next winter update 🙄

Welcome in club. After fm19-20 frustration my cycle starts since spring discount. Still play FM22, finished save in South America  (season 2042!) in January and started in York City in last week

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 часов назад, Andrew Haines сказал:

I remember massive excitement when the patch for CM3 was on the front of PC Gamer.. I rushed home with it.

I wrote in ICQ profile Football Manager as hobby and random mates asked me to sent them specific files from graphic packs, because their internet was extremely low (or maybe expensive) for download full graphic packages :D 

1 minute ago, VP. said:

In fairness mate the game should be done right the moment it hits the shelves and people start paying their hard earned money for it.

You shouldn't have to wait nearly 4 months for an update to 'hopefully' fix its problems.

This! Thank you!

5 minutes ago, VP. said:

In fairness mate the game should be done right the moment it hits the shelves and people start paying their hard earned money for it.

You shouldn't have to wait nearly 4 months for an update to 'hopefully' fix its problems.

yep same reason i never start my long term save until the final update is out usually March.

12 minutes ago, VP. said:

Yeah exactly ... Its in their favour as it cancels out the refund system . If the game is poor and not up to what it advertises you can get a refund but if you keep it for 4 months and wait for a patch which  might not fix your particular issue then you have no chance of a refund 

Edited by alian62

4 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Yeah exactly ... Its in their favour as it cancels out the refund system . If the game is poor and not up to what it advertises you can get a refund but if you keep it for 4 months and wait for a patch which  might not fix your particular issue then you have no chance of a refund 

lol

So we should expect the patch on the 9th then I guess

Edited by waldywaldy

4 minutes ago, waldywaldy said:

lol

So we should expect the patch on the 9th then I guess

You might laugh but since the last update my 3D game stutters . No fix as yet and i cant get a refund so im expecting it to be fixed . 

2 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I have a feeling that in this year we wont get 2 patches like last year.

1 big patch between 10~15 March

Another week-end ruined! 

If you plan to do that, I think si should at least notify users. There are tons of people waiting for a patch right now.

2 minutes ago, Choi seung won said:

If you plan to do that, I think si should at least notify users. There are tons of people waiting for a patch right now.

Why should they? They've never once committed to a strategy around dates of it being released or how many there will be. People expect a patch shortly, and rightly so, but there is no reason to assume that it will be at the end of February and then to get annoyed if it doesn't happen. 

it'll be updates to bugs, changes in rules, along with updates to clubs, finances and the like. Like I said before. it would be nice to actually see new mechanics as a treat, a new role/added extras etc. especially since the price has gone up to buy the game...

9 minutes ago, Choi seung won said:

Yea I'm with you.. for instance FIFA announce 1~2 weeks before when their patch will be out

But if they will fix the IF/IW cutting inside and dribble its worth the wait buy I'm not optimistic about that 

2 hours ago, andu1 said:

It's been 3 month since the last proper update. I don't think you can call it rushed.

It's not about the update being rushed, it's about each individual component.  They could have meticulously prepped 99% of the update, and have it absolutely spotless, but if they let that 1% through in a worse state, that could be the game-breaking part.  

14 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

Why should they? They've never once committed to a strategy around dates of it being released or how many there will be. People expect a patch shortly, and rightly so, but there is no reason to assume that it will be at the end of February and then to get annoyed if it doesn't happen. 

Im sure I read they said its expected late feb/early march 

7 minutes ago, forameuss said:

It's not about the update being rushed, it's about each individual component.  They could have meticulously prepped 99% of the update, and have it absolutely spotless, but if they let that 1% through in a worse state, that could be the game-breaking part.  

Precisely, The update will be set live as soon as it's ready to go. Work on the update is ongoing and the patience of everyone in the community is greatly appreciated. Usually the update is released between late February and early March but only once it is ready to be released. :thup:

3 minutes ago, John Joe O'toole said:

Im sure I read they said its expected late feb/early march 

Correct, early March. "Early March" could be recognised as between 1st March to 10th March. 

I'm comfortable if there happen to be a delay to any release date if it means a higher quality finish.

Edited by Cobblers

15 minutes ago, Cobblers said:

Correct, early March. "Early March" could be recognised as between 1st March to 10th March. 

I'm comfortable if there happen to be a delay to any release date if it means a higher quality finish.

Fair enough! Id quite like it now tbh:onmehead:

3 minuti fa, Funcut ha scritto:

I understand that you cannot precisely choose date if it depends on various unpredictable things.

Then choose mid March and surprise us a week earlier.

Mid march? the patch has always been released in the end of February. You cannot arbitrarily choose to postpone it 1 month. They are not making us favours, we paid for this game.

Anyways, today the newgen thing closes so hopefully it will be the day

Edited by abcdf

People stress too much about release dates on every game.

It's essentially spring, go an enjoy the fresh air, play some real football, meet with friends.

Patch will come out soon. Like a wise man once said "Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered, you will find life is easier."

47 minutes ago, chipspice1974 said:

It’s a bit like having a shop but never answering the phone. After this patch I’m done with the game and the company, voting with my wallet….

You'll be back next year.

People keep saying "I'm never buying this game ever again ever", but they inevitably give in and buy the new game when comes out... and by Feb/March, they're complaining about the same issues they had over and over again. Which kinda defeats the point of what they're trying to achieve. :rolleyes:

8 minutos atrás, CFuller disse:

People keep saying "I'm never buying this game ever again ever", but they inevitably give in and buy the new game when comes out... and by Feb/March, they're complaining about the same issues they had over and over again. Which kinda defeats the point of what they're trying to achieve. :rolleyes:

People here are overdramatic and melodramatic about the game. Point in case, they bash SI, bash the game and still be here spamming the **** out of the forums for an update. Go figure. 

2 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

People here are overdramatic and melodramatic about the game. Point in case, they bash SI, bash the game and still be here spamming the **** out of the forums for an update. Go figure. 

Its the methadone message-board to keep them going until their next (patch) fix.

13 minuti fa, CFuller ha scritto:

I mean, it's not like people have 10 games among which to choose. Managerial football games are now a monopoly under SI's name, and people will give in and buy it at the end, even if the game is buggy as hell every year at release. 

FM has such a hugely complicated engine there are always going to ME issues, it can't replicate real life BUT it's so incredibly immersive. I've ended up managing the oldest club in Luxembourg and loving every second of it (its the only club that would take on an unemployed rookie with a National C License) - and they are regretting it too!

1 saat önce, ostkiz said:

"as soon as it's ready to go", Well, in terms of communication SI games is probably the worst company in videogames I know (with special mention to miles) , the main problems with the costumers are exactly created for this communication.

The year you did a game full of bugs , not enjoyable, Its the year to listen the community and try to fix all the mistakes you did.

What they have right now is a game that isn't a good product , all the costumer ( cause we are costumers , we pay for this, its our right to ask for fix the bugs as soon is possible ,3 months since last update isn't acceptable  )  are waiting for a update that is more late than ever, and this is even worst cause SI doesn't affront this directly, obviously people when se tweets about papa john get angry , Its normal.

They should start to work in crisis management and communication, the company will feel better and the community will be less toxic, the company must work with us , not against us. Specially with our community,  if there is people who  buy a game since 20 years  its us !

I've been saying this for years, as much as i hate companies like EA and 2k for how they approach their games with greed, no other company is worse than SI when it comes to communication and how they maintain a yearly game. I love the game and i will buy it next year too but is very annoying that there are only a few patches in a year, you don't know when they will come and what will they contain until they arrive( for the day one patch you never learn whats in it). It can't be too hard to send a tweet saying this year's winter patch will not be available in february. Also I will never stop saying there should be a mid-late summer update(not transfers) when the new games come out late november, i hate how they let the games die half way into a cycle.