Winter Patch Speculation Thread

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

going off previous FM winter updates FM21 winter update dropped on Monday 22nd of Feb at 10:03pm GMT while the 2nd part to the winter update didn't drop until Monday 15th March at 10:00pm GMT. Last years FM the first winter update didn't drop until Thursday 24th Feb 4:15pm GMT while the 2nd part of it came out on Thursday 24th March 4:36pm GMT. I think likely outcome of this years winter update could get dropped on us between sometime tomorrow earliest or Thursday at the latest.

Edited by Jay25H

13 hours ago, Jay25H said:

going off previous FM winter updates FM21 winter update dropped on Monday 22nd of Feb at 10:03pm GMT while the 2nd part to the winter update didn't drop until Monday 15th March at 10:00pm GMT. Last years FM the first winter update didn't drop until Thursday 24th Feb 4:15pm GMT while the 2nd part of it came out on Thursday 24th March 4:36pm GMT. I think likely outcome of this years winter update could get dropped on us between sometime tomorrow earliest or Thursday at the latest.

Thats irrelevant though . Comes down to how much bug fixing has to be done and updating

On 24/02/2023 at 16:54, akinozcan said:

This means no update until March 1st. And then if they test the last version of database, a few days more. And then if they say let's wait the Turkish transfer window close, we have to wait until 7th March. And if they test the last version of  that database, a few days more...

Screenshot_20230224-194423_Chrome.thumb.jpg.25228c9f3d513bdf8e2af787a1e5efae.jpg

When you enter it says the winner will be contacted within a week of the competition closing. So considering the winner has the option to tailor their newgen to go into the new database update - i reckon we're looking at next Thursday 9th March before we get the release.

7 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

When you enter it says the winner will be contacted within a week of the competition closing. So considering the winner has the option to tailor their newgen to go into the new database update - i reckon we're looking at next Thursday 9th March before we get the release.

But can't such an event just be updated with a small patch?

I don't understand why the winter transfer market update is delayed until March 9th because of an event like that.

4 minutes ago, Choi seung won said:

But can't such an event just be updated with a small patch?

I don't understand why the winter transfer market update is delayed until March 9th because of an event like that.

Yeah possibly - but why wouldn't they just do it in the main patch as they could have run this competition at any time

23 hours ago, Konfuchie said:

I see everyone is speculating about the patch release date.

But I consider this a much more important question: what is the list of issues the patch will fix?

CBs scoring 20+ goals from corners maybe. The insane amount of goals in general, how easy it is to abuse the ME,

39 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

There's usually an additional winter database update for remaining windows near the end of March. I'd imagine they would go into that one and not the upcoming one.

7 dakika önce, DarJ said:

I don't really care about the transfer update, I've never cared and I'm not one of those that start a new save after the winter update, I just carry on whatever save I've been playing even if it was started during beta so I wouldn't want to wait since I'm just looking for the match engine patch and other quality of life improvements

They only did this in 2020 (if i don't remember wrong)

They released match engine update around early February, then released main winter update around late February. This was the best process in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

They released match engine update around early February, then released main winter update around late February. This was the best process in my opinion.

they did the same for FM21 and FM22

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

I don't really care about the transfer update, I've never cared and I'm not one of those that start a new save after the winter update, I just carry on whatever save I've been playing even if it was started during beta so I wouldn't want to wait since I'm just looking for the match engine patch and other quality of life improvements

Funny I feel the opposite :) Just want updated transfer data to start my new save :) In FM24 I’m gonna start my main save after beta tho and not care about winter update transfers as the winter window in sweden is open much longer and the teams wont be complete until april anyway.

3 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

I prefer one and single update, even if that means 15th of March

If only one update, if there's any complaint or bug regarding the patch, it will be solved and introduce as "new features" on FM24 lol

1 hour ago, Dreambuilder said:

Funny I feel the opposite :) Just want updated transfer data to start my new save :) In FM24 I’m gonna start my main save after beta tho and not care about winter update transfers as the winter window in sweden is open much longer and the teams wont be complete until april anyway.

Why not then just download an unofficial update there are plenty out there that are just as good as the official one? 

2 hours ago, DarJ said:

Exactly this Darj!

1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

Do you think there is any chance of today? 

I've just consulted the chance chart for the week and it's as follows.

Today: 15%

Tuesday: 30%

Wednesday: 25%

Thursday: 30%

Friday 0%

Sadly I still think the fact that the dev-ai updated was made only 5 days ago makes it more likely that a release may still be 2/3 weeks away... It suggests a new ME was updated for testing and I'd be surprised if they can sufficiently test it in that time.

2 minutes ago, blejdek said:

It is possible, but highly unlikely, there was only one update 13 hours ago, nothing since then. 

I'd actually suggest the less updates we see the better. Whenever an update occurs that suggests a change which I'd of thought would mean more testing and checking. I may be wrong though.

Also pointless looking at the nightly and release tests as these occur daily.

26 minutes ago, david7smith said:

I think today is very likely, no updates in 13hrs, FM twitter has been fairly quiet, could be them preparing maybe, I don't know.

They've posted very little in the last week or so, I don't think it really means anything. They're just avoiding the 'is the update out soon' questions 

22 minutes ago, nico_france said:

Regarding the latest tweet for the newgen contest ending march 1st

I can’t imagine the update being released before March 2nd at best

Yeah, I agree that changes things. When it was mid march then they definitely could and would have dropped the patch and then added the contest winner in the smaller DB update later in the month. Now though, reckon this guarantees it will be late this week at best. Thursday March 2nd for me. 

1 hour ago, limey150781 said:

Yeah, I agree that changes things. When it was mid march then they definitely could and would have dropped the patch and then added the contest winner in the smaller DB update later in the month. Now though, reckon this guarantees it will be late this week at best. Thursday March 2nd for me. 

As i said earlier though, the winner gets to then tailor their newgen so that won't happen overnight after the competition closes (plus it says the winner will be contacted within a week of it closing) - so if they are waiting for this before releasing the update you're looking at around 9th March not the 2nd