Final: Argentina vs France, 3PM GMT, Lusail Iconic Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argentina better overall and also tried to win it in ET, similar to the Dutch match. But they are very hard to root for as a team.

Martinez makes a key save and then does his bit in the shootout but I think with other keepers that game is won in normal time.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Looking at the highlights again, I think that Mbappe-Haaland debate will be similar to Messi-Cristiano.

Just not on the same level of football.

He should've definitely shot it at the last moment instead of taking one more touch.

Haaland will never be considered a goat simply because of his nationality, he's very unlikely to do anything with Norway.

Just now, Haguey said:

Haaland will never be considered a goat simply because of his nationality, he's very unlikely to do anything with Norway.

Well, won't be held against him as much.

Mbappe is actually the only player I can compare to pre-injury Ronaldo with the way he dribbles and moves.

8 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Argentina better overall and also tried to win it in ET, similar to the Dutch match. But they are very hard to root for as a team.

I think the opposite tbf, but then I don't hate the usual villains that football fans usually do.

Twice thrown 2 goal leads away in this tournament and dragged themselves back to win the penalty shootout. England and 'nicer' teams would crumble like dust in that situation. 

Edited by Weezer

1 minute ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Genuinely hated how one sided that game was for 70-80 mins and then come the end, I can call it one of the greatest games I’ve ever watched :D just a shame it was in Qatar.

You can all thank me and @GunmaN1905 for some of the greatest anti jinxing ever. I was considering a nap at 65 minutes :D

3 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

yeah it was (and wasnt full kit, just a guy in an Argentinian shirt)

Can't believe people are being snarky towards somebody wanting to support their country as a supporter because they happened to have played until recently. Especially somebody who has always been such a heart on his sleeve player like Aguero.

unless Mbappe decides he can't be bothered with tournament football in the future, he's going to be the all time top scorer at World Cups

12 in two tournaments is a ridiculous amount :D only 4 off Miroslav Klose

1 minute ago, Confused Clarity said:

Can't believe people are being snarky towards somebody wanting to support their country as a supporter because they happened to have played until recently. Especially somebody who has always been such a heart on his sleeve player like Aguero.

I think they were joking about it to be honest, not being snarky 

So many weird comments about Ronaldo in here :D

That might go down as one of the greatest matches of all the time. 

It has the Messi fairytale as the iceing on the cake, but the way the match played out from the Argentina supershow in the first half and France being proper poisoned, to coming back from nowhere, and then that final ET with the equaliser and those huge misses at the end before the penalties... Wowserz, definitely the best WC final I can remember. 

Glad to have watched it.