Football Manager 2021 Touch *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reason why some players gain nationality whilst other don’t? An example; some of my Andorran youngsters gain nationality after c. a month on loan at Spanish clubs, but Brazilian players don’t gain nationality after four years plus at a Spanish club?

I’m playing FM Touch 2021 on a tablet by the way.

I'd love an option to select multiple players in the search - it's a real pain when you want to scout say the top 30 strikers and you have to click the little circle next to them individually (I'm on Switch) 

Also not sure why when I put in a certain age range in Spain for example no players come up, whereas before they used to? That is one of my selected nations

Was enjoying this version so much, probably the best ever, until they’ve ruined it (for me) by removing the colour blind attribute colours, with no explanation. They were a godsend for me being colour blind. 

Is there any way of restoring a previous version of the game on iPad before the latest update?

i was going to go back to fm2020 but it’s not on the App Store any more. 

so bored in lockdown I’m really gutted about this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2020 at 09:05, DeepLyingForward said:

I have some first thoughts on the game if you are interested :-)  I have played roughly 2 hours or so

Pros:

• Speed: The game appears to be quicker (I think this is universal across all platforms)
  • UI changes: The controls are more fluid, I really like the L/R buttons for switching menus. 
  • 3D match engine: Feels optimised for the Switch, not as laggy as previous versions

Cons:

• I couldn't get used to the default area/object focus controls leading to me toggling the mouse cursor 
  • The mouse cursor is not as responsive as I would like. Appreciate that this is potentially personal preference but I would like the cursor to be quicker/more responsive. 
  • Small bugs present. For example, not being able to pick attributes relating to a specific role when using the player search for transfers. I noted this was a bug in the beta of FM on the pc so hopefully there will be a fix on the way soon.

Overall, i'm very happy so far. Hopefully with further time spent it'll be the best release of FM on the Switch so far 

On the back of the latest update to the switch. I can see that there are still some UI bugs present, for example picking attributes relating to specific role on the player screen, anyone still seeing this? Have tried starting a new save and still having issues. 

The cursor speed has been updated which is great but in handheld mode the cursor is too responsive, its difficult to use the cursor now 🙁

I've seen that there are some comments on xbox feedback to implement a sensitivity setting for the cursor as a preference. Think this would be a good idea for the switch too, especially if you are going from handheld mode to playing on the TV. 

Edited by DeepLyingForward

I’m liking not loving the game. I’m playing on an iPad Pro. Just think the match is very similar to 20 both graphically and engine. Graphically. Especially in winter games you get no shadow effects.
And ME has reverted back to repetitive passes out to wing from CMs. Repetitive silly offsides. Crazy first time shot goals outside box. Little depth, short bursts of action, a dearth of creativity and a complete absence of individual characteristics on the pitch. It’s an ok watch. I just feel it has been better. even the earlier versions of FMT 21 were more dynamic, variable and better graphics.

I think the tablet version is always downgraded to accommodate older machines. I just wish they’d offer different options for different tablets. 

8 hours ago, steam just is said:

I’m liking not loving the game. I’m playing on an iPad Pro. Just think the match is very similar to 20 both graphically and engine. Graphically. Especially in winter games you get no shadow effects.
And ME has reverted back to repetitive passes out to wing from CMs. Repetitive silly offsides. Crazy first time shot goals outside box. Little depth, short bursts of action, a dearth of creativity and a complete absence of individual characteristics on the pitch. It’s an ok watch. I just feel it has been better. even the earlier versions of FMT 21 were more dynamic, variable and better graphics.

I think the tablet version is always downgraded to accommodate older machines. I just wish they’d offer different options for different tablets. 

And the sight of Calum Wilson counter attacking running the length of the pitch after a corner. Beating my 2 defenders and scoring a worldy. YAWN. 

SI come on. The first version of 21 wasn’t repetitive. It was interesting, fun, creative and exciting. What did you do????? Why? Why did you repeat 20?

enjoy the game, there some issue i found annoying that i also found in FMT20, at least for me.

- players still got injury in turn. i saw others also getting this

- player getting early yellow card. as soon as i click kickoff, my player immediately got yellow card. sometime even before the match begin, (clicked kickoff, but counter still not started) yellow card icon already there. this also happen in FMT20

- still very difficult to sell/loan.  before FMT20 and 21, i use editor to lower their salary then sell them. now i found it difficult since players always ask for a raise.

- almost impossible to ask other club(s) to pay loan fee and/or 100% loan salary. even for several hundred euros. some clubs even had audacity to offer 0 loan fee and 0% salary.

- what weird is, let's say some club try to loan my player, they offer some % (not 100%) and promised reguler starter then i counter offer 100% salary, they will change player promise to squad player. usually happened to goalkeeper.

- i put players in development list, but i still need to respond to them. at FMT20 chief of development are the one to do that.

- if a match go to extra time, no option to sub player. i has to click ET kickoff and pause then sub my player.

- players keep asking for salary raise. not even 1 year after he got one, player already asking new one. play them as starter several match, then they ask for more 1000% raise (from fringe/squad player to important). from €11k to 150k. from 88k to 375k (275k are the highest.

- clubs buy and sell players in ridiculous way. one club bought my player for €60M, next season they immediately sell that player for halfprice. and he was a starter at that club. i saw it also happened to other clubs. bought a player then sell it next season for a half price even though he is a starter.

- it would be nice if i can respond to player(s) for another club when they made a remark that my player should move to his club. it's annoying they also said my player should join them at every chances but i cant do anything.

- every season there still only 4 youngster intake.

- my club got every trophies available, one of my player top scorer in the league and europe (UCL) but still did not get ballon d or/FIFA Best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
7 hours ago, One hell of a keeper said:

Is there anyway to direct FM21 Touch to read the existing data that's installed for full fat version of FM21 (logos/kits etc) - or do we have to copy it into a new graphics folder?

If you don't mind a bit of command line (or installing a tool (not tried that myself)) you can use symlinks to make the folder appear as its in both locations: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

On 16/02/2021 at 14:19, One hell of a keeper said:

Is there anyway to direct FM21 Touch to read the existing data that's installed for full fat version of FM21 (logos/kits etc) - or do we have to copy it into a new graphics folder?

Right click Touch in steam, then with the general tab open, under launch options, add in:

--user_data_location="D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021"

Where "D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021" is where your main folder is with graphics etc.

Just a couple of things, currently playing Touch on iPad:

• can only see current season’s transfer history for every club
  • scouting assignments take months to come back

With the scouting, I do have a player shortlist which I have ticked to keep the reports up to date. I have tested unticking this and the assignment list didn’t clear so scouting the expiring contract players still go to the bottom of the list. 

Playing on iPad Pro 2020 11".

I'm having a couple of issues, please respond admin!

• Heat issues: Ipad gets extremely warm even in airconditioned room, peaked during game days.
  • Drains battery: drains 3-5% on matchday. Its incredibly frustrating and unsustainable
  • Scrolling issues: Scrolling is buggy and frustrating. Add that with the battery, I feel the game is not playable for long hours as compared to PC version. even 1 hour, feels like one hell of a work trying to scroll the game.
  • Sound disappears: I minimise the app many times to multitask with other things, and as soon as i go back the sound is gone. It happen a few times already, which requires me to restart the game all over. 
  • Subbing players: it's a little bit inconvienent. When i select the player name, I need to scroll down to find my subs, and the order are often mixed up, if that makes sense. Imagine that with the scrolling issues, frustrating!

So far, no crashes, its still a fun game. But for the price in the app store, its not worth the money at its current state. If i was not an FM fan, this would have been incredibly dissapointing and I want to help by sharing this feedback! thank you

On 21/02/2021 at 14:24, aditya said:

Playing on iPad Pro 2020 11".

I'm having a couple of issues, please respond admin!

• Heat issues: Ipad gets extremely warm even in airconditioned room, peaked during game days.
  • Drains battery: drains 3-5% on matchday. Its incredibly frustrating and unsustainable
  • Scrolling issues: Scrolling is buggy and frustrating. Add that with the battery, I feel the game is not playable for long hours as compared to PC version. even 1 hour, feels like one hell of a work trying to scroll the game.
  • Sound disappears: I minimise the app many times to multitask with other things, and as soon as i go back the sound is gone. It happen a few times already, which requires me to restart the game all over. 
  • Subbing players: it's a little bit inconvienent. When i select the player name, I need to scroll down to find my subs, and the order are often mixed up, if that makes sense. Imagine that with the scrolling issues, frustrating!

So far, no crashes, its still a fun game. But for the price in the app store, its not worth the money at its current state. If i was not an FM fan, this would have been incredibly dissapointing and I want to help by sharing this feedback! thank you

It’s worth putting this after you’ve had a play on latest update if same problems occur in the bugs forum here https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/837-bugs-found-on-ios/ 

Edited by zakbrown96

On 19/02/2021 at 11:41, Clavin99 said:

Just a couple of things, currently playing Touch on iPad:

• can only see current season’s transfer history for every club
  • scouting assignments take months to come back

With the scouting, I do have a player shortlist which I have ticked to keep the reports up to date. I have tested unticking this and the assignment list didn’t clear so scouting the expiring contract players still go to the bottom of the list. 

The transfer history is done like this for memory reasons I believe. And scouting in real life also takes months remember you are investing money into a player, So better to get full report than just a game, enjoy the new update, as it’s time to shine Gaffer! 

Edited by zakbrown96

2 hours ago, Zoolok42 said:

When will Nintendo Switch get the winter update, it's not mentioned at all in the sticky post?

FM twitter account always tells people that the Nintendo store is stricter when it comes to testing new games and updates, so takes a bit longer to be approved 

With the release of the new update, does the game feel more polished?

I’ve withheld from buying due to the number of bugs and complaints about this version.

I’ve gone past caring about the lack of clauses in contracts, and just want a good crack at the game if it’s in a better shape than at launch.

I am playing a save with Sunderland and have found the transition from Championship to Premier League close to unplayable due to the difficulty in identifying who I might be able to sign from abroad. This isn't the usual 'take Brexit out of the game' grumble - it is what it is on that front. However, in the main game there are 'chance of getting a work permit' filters that you can use in the player search screen. On Touch this doesn't exist, probably because they aren't needed for saves in most countries.

However, without that functionality I have to look at the scouting reports of every player my search brings up, just to see if there is any chance of getting a work permit. It. Takes. Forever.

This may be slighly less annoying if you are an elite club buying only the best foreign talent - though stilll annoying, I'd imagine, when trying to sign foreign wonderkids. For a lower Prem side though - so annoying.

Please, please give Touch users the 'chance of getting a work permit' filter, even if it isn't really needed for other countries. Without it I don't think I'll play an England save again even though I really want to do a Wrexham one (and a Chelsea beta save every year!)

11 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

Overnight, as of a few days ago, I can no longer continue my game; crashes whenever I click play/instant result/holiday. 

Reported it, but just kinda.. waiting now?

Do you use a custom skin? that could be the reason

2 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Do you use a custom skin? that could be the reason

Nope, literally nothing changed from when I saved it to the next day. Never actually used a custom skin for any FM since the original MotD one came out! (It is down as a known issue though)

Do we really need to be asked 'Were you pleased to see XXXX scoring for his country?' in every single international break!? It is infuriating, especially during a tournament, when you can be asked it every day.

I used to respond, but never really saw any positive responses from the players.

A lot of people play Touch because they can't be bothered with the press interation, so to be asked the same question again and again and again and again is completely boring ands add nothing to the game.

How is youth intake supposed to work after the last patch? I'm three seasons in and I see the same worrying pattern of teams getting fewer and fewer youth players. Sone only had an intake in the first season, and then nothing in the two seasons after. In my team (Man Utd), I got a full set of players in the first intake, then IIRC players in the second season, and in the third one five players. I see other clubs in the Premiership also getting 3-5 players. Only the Spanish clubs get an entire team of youth players every season. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Edited by Zoolok42

Hi,

Does anyone knows if the new uptade (21.4) is 100% save game compatible in the Android version?

Or there are some fixes that needs a new save game to be implemented.

Anyone? @Alex Pitt?

Edit: Apart from the changes in the database, of course.

Edited by Keyzer Soze

As an Ipad user, I have to say that I am really disappointed so many bugs that can be detected within an hour of gameplay still exist several months after the game is released. I wanted to give SI benefit of the doubt for rushing the release on IOS initially, but it is clearly a matter of this version being an afterthought probably because of a much smaller customer base compared to PC.

It should not be my job to report bugs every other day still or provide my save files to developers (which is not a straight forward process and one I am unable to do at the moment anyways).

I won’t go on a rant about asking for a refund or never buying the game again. I still love and play this game, just like I do for the past 20 something years, but I want to say that this level of carelessness is highly disappointing and unacceptable.

12 hours ago, doc32 said:

As an Ipad user, I have to say that I am really disappointed so many bugs that can be detected within an hour of gameplay still exist several months after the game is released. I wanted to give SI benefit of the doubt for rushing the release on IOS initially, but it is clearly a matter of this version being an afterthought probably because of a much smaller customer base compared to PC.

It should not be my job to report bugs every other day still or provide my save files to developers (which is not a straight forward process and one I am unable to do at the moment anyways).

I won’t go on a rant about asking for a refund or never buying the game again. I still love and play this game, just like I do for the past 20 something years, but I want to say that this level of carelessness is highly disappointing and unacceptable.

We have to comprehend that at this point SI has probably in difficult place, since most of its employees are working from home due to pandemic, which making gaming development difficult, such a complex game and have to prioritise which bugs should be fixed and what not.

With that said, I agree with you this has been the norm for several years, now. Some bugs are low priority compared to others due to limit of time developers have, which in turn makes us players frustrated that some bugs are in the game after development been abandoned and hoping new features will do away with some of the bugs we report. In this case I think FM21 will not get any more updates and FM22 is on full development.

So we players, are seriously holding to a rope in between a Rock or a Hard Place. On one side have to endure and understand this is the way SI develop their games and that not all bugs will not get fixed... on the other sides, play the game with the bugs which is considered by SI not game breaking and we have to ignore it. And the only two solutions are to endure swinging and get hit by hitting the Rock and the Hard Place or give up playing the game, which means let go of the rope and go on a 1000 feet or meters drop in to the ground, hoping we don't get broken when we get to the floor.

I doubt SI will change their system, since it works for us and a lot of players are fine with the situation above.

If I had one wish for FM22, I’d want to get rid of the manipulation of match results. Manipulation is most obvious in cup matches — they’re all pushed toward overtime or penalties (unless one team has a much higher reputation than the other, in which case the high rep team is always awarded a penalty goal to help them win). The other situation where manipulation is obvious is the end of each season. The 4 or 5 last matches are manipulated to create “drama”, making you wait a bit to lock up the title. It’s too predictable to actually create any excitement though. 

Other than that the game is pretty good. So let the match engine always decide results and I think you’ll have a winner for FM22. 

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, 3runhomer said:

If I had one wish for FM22, I’d want to get rid of the manipulation of match results. Manipulation is most obvious in cup matches — they’re all pushed toward overtime or penalties (unless one team has a much higher reputation than the other, in which case the high rep team is always awarded a penalty goal to help them win). The other situation where manipulation is obvious is the end of each season. The 4 or 5 last matches are manipulated to create “drama”, making you wait a bit to lock up the title. It’s too predictable to actually create any excitement though. 

Other than that the game is pretty good. So let the match engine always decide results and I think you’ll have a winner for FM22. 

There is no manipulation of match results, no code even exists and why would we even want to write that code.. not sure who it would help.

The 'u23' teams entered into the Papa John's Pizza Trophy are far too strong from the Premier League teams, i'd expect to see one or two senior players potentially involved to build up fitness but not the likes of Matip, John Stones, Max Wober, Thiago, Naby Keita, Oxlade-Chamerlain, Jota and Mahrez in a Liverpool starting XI? also faced Man City in the same competition and they fielded Jesus, Insigne, Foden, Parades and Torres - this is the 21/22 season hence the new signings.  

2 minutes ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

The 'u23' teams entered into the Papa John's Pizza Trophy are far too strong from the Premier League teams, i'd expect to see one or two senior players potentially involved to build up fitness but not the likes of Matip, John Stones, Max Wober, Thiago, Naby Keita, Oxlade-Chamerlain, Jota and Mahrez in a Liverpool starting XI? also faced Man City in the same competition and they fielded Jesus, Insigne, Foden, Parades and Torres - this is the 21/22 season hence the new signings.  

There aren't under 23 and u19 teams in FMT, just "Reserves". This is probably the cause of the problem I think as the trophy doesn't have the same restrictive registration rules as in the full fat version of the game.