Football Manager 2021 Touch *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Massively disappointed with this years FMT 21 . Don’t want to be a hater but it’s gone in the wrong direction here. The icons in the left are way too small along with the rest of the game, everything is just minimised. There was no need to change to those hearts. Instant result shouldn’t be the same icon as the continue button. No player shortcuts. No previous season transfer information, end of season review isn’t smooth, players such as Thiago almada in South America are now not in the game compared to last year with the same leagues chosen. Maybe I’m just overreacting because of the bugs but can’t help but wonder if you have actually downscaled the game on purpose compared to last year in order to add the new features. Playing the game is just not fun at all not sure how anyone else could disagree after playing fmt 18,19,20 would happily play fmt 20 with updates kits players etc

4 hours ago, Halifax said:

Massively disappointed with this years FMT 21 . Don’t want to be a hater but it’s gone in the wrong direction here. The icons in the left are way too small along with the rest of the game, everything is just minimised. There was no need to change to those hearts. Instant result shouldn’t be the same icon as the continue button. No player shortcuts. No previous season transfer information, end of season review isn’t smooth, players such as Thiago almada in South America are now not in the game compared to last year with the same leagues chosen. Maybe I’m just overreacting because of the bugs but can’t help but wonder if you have actually downscaled the game on purpose compared to last year in order to add the new features. Playing the game is just not fun at all not sure how anyone else could disagree after playing fmt 18,19,20 would happily play fmt 20 with updates kits players etc

Android, ipad or pc?

22 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Can we please have the micro transaction buttons removed from the game in FMT? It really cheapens the whole thing, especially considering it isn't free on its own. It's my biggest complaint with Touch.

I agree with you, but here's the key of the issue. Micro-transactions has been part of the FM Touch/Classic, since the first version, almost 8 years ago. Since then many have complain this and SI hasn't remove it... Let's say it is one of those things that I don't recommend holding your breath until they are remove, because they will never remove it.

1 minute ago, grade said:

I agree with you, but here's the key of the issue. Micro-transactions has been part of the FM Touch/Classic, since the first version, almost 8 years ago. Since then many have complain this and SI hasn't remove it... Let's say it is one of those things that I don't recommend holding your breath until they are remove, because they will never remove it.

perhaps some skinning wizard can save our dignity!

8 hours ago, grade said:

Maybe they don't need to remove it but add an option not to show it in the settings? :)

After 8 iterations of FMC/FMT they finally added the option to disable first window budgets. So anything is possible now :)

Played for three hours and I am enjoying the game. It helps that I've managed to stumble upon a half decent tactic this year, fingers crossed there won't be any huge ME updates to break my tactic! :D

However ... I just have to say, media interaction seems to have been taken up a notch this year, more questions from journalists and now they often ask follow-up questions to the first one.

Don't like!

The xG stuff seems more like a gimmick than anything else. What matters is getting the ball in the back of the net. When we win 4-1 I am happy regardless of what the xG says. Similarly, if we are massive underdogs and battle our hearts out for a 0-0 draw, I'm still happy. It's still allowed to have a good goalkeeper.

And those fan "twitter" comments before each game.. there's always some idiot saying I should have dropped someone from the team. More often than not it's one of my best players. Like, one time I had a fan questioning me starting the striker who scored 3 last week .. I get the feeling these messages are generic, 2x positive, 1x neutral and 1x negative, and it's completely random which players are mentioned. Why is it even there. 

Other than that, all good so far! I notice small bugs every now and then but it's nothing game-breaking AFAIK. 

I see the xG as a better CCC and it adds nice graphics. I like how you can see where you are in attack or defense compared to the other teams in the league. If you are aggressive or wasteful. The xG does show you much more the quality of the chances you have and often you can see even if you have 20 shots and 9 on target but the xG is 0.8 that they weren't really good chances. Maybe it's time to tweak something. Watch the game and enable your players to move into better positions.

The twitter comments are just something to smile at as in real life. 

They added a couple of interactions but so far it's ok. It's one click or two instead of 5 minutes of back and forth. 

1 hour ago, tyro said:

Maybe they don't need to remove it but add an option not to show it in the settings? :)

After 8 iterations of FMC/FMT they finally added the option to disable first window budgets. So anything is possible now :)

I just wish, SI gave this version of the game a bit more love, rather than just adapting the new features of Fm into this mode. While we are at it, a bit more interaction with us FMT fans.

9 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

perhaps some skinning wizard can save our dignity!

Maybe... But FMT20 had very little skins. Maybe this year could be different.

21 hours ago, Halifax said:

ohh so it was not only me annoyed by the player shortcuts. the UX in general is bad on FMTouch but as hardcore fans we adapt. the issue is that the UX of the game it gets downgraded instead of upgraded every year. i can't find the reason why would they disable the player shortcuts this year but instead introducing that end of season thingy which it could have been just a news item.

4 hours ago, Tata Urs said:

ohh so it was not only me annoyed by the player shortcuts. the UX in general is bad on FMTouch but as hardcore fans we adapt. the issue is that the UX of the game it gets downgraded instead of upgraded every year. i can't find the reason why would they disable the player shortcuts this year but instead introducing that end of season thingy which it could have been just a news item.

Ux?

I play the game on android tablet. Is there any way to finish earlier a match that I have already started to play. For example I win by 4 goals in halftime. Is there any button to simulate the game till the end ?

Edited by Gerara

Absolutely unplayable on my Samsung A 10.1 2019. Screen is completely unresponsive after a while, particularly if you lock and then unlock the screen. Gutted as Mobile isnt quite varied enough for me, was looking forward to playing FMT. 

How come we can talk to our players in fm mobile but not in Touch? The match engine is great and is an excellent improvement but having little to no communication with my players outside of shouts (which were just introduced this year) feels like a huge oversight

It's nice to return to FMT. I was getting tired of navigating around all the noise and clutter in the full version. On that note I would say that I wish you would remove the media module from FMT completely, or at least give us the option to disable it. I don't want to answer ANY questions. NONE. EVER. The rate at which the media ask questions seems to have increased this year. I ignore them all, but they still clog up my inbox and add an extra click that I'd prefer to do without. 

I have noticed it's a lot easier to sell players in the touch version, and also star players don't run down their contracts and leave for nothing. Presumably the covid finance stuff wasn't added to touch? If so, good. The game is all the better for it. 

So yeah, other than the rubbish media stuff it's all good. Manage tactics, build a squad, play matches. Simple, fun, and addictive. 

3 hours ago, Marquezrozier said:

How come we can talk to our players in fm mobile but not in Touch? The match engine is great and is an excellent improvement but having little to no communication with my players outside of shouts (which were just introduced this year) feels like a huge oversight

FMM also has detailed player dynamics, and better media interaction, its definitely a bit of a letdown that those are missing from FMT 

It would defeat the purpose of FMT to introduce all these times consuming talks back. It is supposed to be streamlined and faster to play. Full FM is processing very fast this year. If player interaction, dynamics is what you want, then that's the game you should play. 

45 minutes ago, tyro said:

It would defeat the purpose of FMT to introduce all these times consuming talks back. It is supposed to be streamlined and faster to play. Full FM is processing very fast this year. If player interaction, dynamics is what you want, then that's the game you should play. 

Mobile is the fastest version of the game while having these features included (granted while also omitting some). At minimum I dont think being able to congratulate an inform player or criticising a player in bad form would completely ruin the speed of the saves processing. 

On 03/12/2020 at 23:42, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Can we please have the micro transaction buttons removed from the game in FMT? It really cheapens the whole thing, especially considering it isn't free on its own. It's my biggest complaint with Touch.

Yeah, it's just such blatant money-grubbing. It's nickel-and-diming things that the in-game editor can do in the full game for £3.99. where in FMT an individual unlock can cost that. 

Even selling the in-game editor in full-fat FM is money-grubbing. Full pre-game editor functionality with enhanced usability should be incorporated in-game in both PC versions and should be enabled by starting a save in Sandbox mode, with Career mode locking out all (non-cosmetic) editing.  

Edited by rp1966

59 minutes ago, tyro said:

Oh ok. I usually play the beta but I only knew about the demo for full. 

Maybe one of the SI staff can then confirm whether there's one for FMT.

Thanks for responding in any case! I am pretty sure I played the demo of touch last year. I have the folder in my documents folder so hopefully I’m not mistaken!

Transfers / Contracts

I've owned every edition of FM Touch on iOS since 2016 and this one, although introducing new features, appears to have taken huge steps backwards in terms of transfers/contracts. 

In this version of the game, I can no longer (among other things, this list is not exhaustive) do the following:

• offer competition bonuses to players during contract negotiations
  • put in an expiry date for a release clause
  • offer different types of release clause (e.g. for clubs in a higher division or those playing in a continental competition)
  • offer players a sell on % of any profit made in their next transfer
  • offer a seasonal landmark goal bonus
  • offer an automatic contract extension following promotion
  • offer a bonus for international caps / wage hike for a set number of caps
  • make a transfer offer based on a per appearance fee
  • make a transfer offer with a straight sell on clause 

I've attached images comparing a contract offer in this year's game (Johnny Williams) to last year's game (Adrian Mariappa) to show my point. 

It's such a shame that a game that prides itself on offering a realistic experience for players would take so many steps backwards in such an important part of the game. It has a huge impact on attracting players and is very basic. Comparing this product to last years, £ for £ this is currently worse. This issue with transfers/contracts really needs to be fixed in the next update. 

IMG-0969.PNG

IMG-0970.PNG

IMG-0971.PNG

IMG-0972.PNG

Edited by tdh88

On 01/12/2020 at 11:51, Keyzer Soze said:

Bought the game last night for android. Play it for 20 minutes, just enough to got to play a friendly. Just like to leave my quick opinion on the game. 

- playing the game in Xiaomi Mipad 4. It runs faster than FMT20. Starting the game, loading the game... All is faster and smoother. :thup:

- until I got to my first match the game looks exactly like FMT20. At some point I thought I was playing an updated version of FMT20 and not a new game. Same panels, organized in the same way, same colors, just too similar to FMT20. :thdn:

- love the new looks and match day experience. I just feels much more like a football match. :thup:

- graphics in general looks better, more sharped, with more definition, at least in my tablet. :thup:

-still the same 3 nation limit. I can't believe that after 6 iterations of the game in android/ios we still have the same limit. I know that SI trys to make the game so that as many as possible tablets can run the game, but set a limit because of that it's just bad. Why not make the nation limit depending on the tablet capacity? :thdn:

- the Touch version of FM it stills very much touch unfriendly. We can't, for example, zoom in/out with our fingers, can't swipe to change screen, there's no function for double tap, the list just goes on. After all these years it stills a game optimized for PC and very poorly designed for tablets. :thdn:

I conclusion, and like I said this is just my first opinion on the game after playing just a couple of minutes, FMT is, once more, the poor parent in the FM series. All the new features are features that come from the full fat version, and there's is nothing in terms of improving the experience when playing in a tablet. And this is something that is happening since 2016/17.

Apart from the disappointment, I'm sure I'll have many hours of pure joy playing it. But with the feeling that the game could be so much better. 

In any case, thanks for the effort, particularly in these difficult times. :)

A little update on my previous feedback. 

Since then, I decide to buy the PC version so that I can create a save with more nations in my android tablet. 

It's amazing how the game now, with more nations and with a larger database is so much fun. 

Apart from some minor bugs, like the one related the broken links in the news page, the game is very good. 

It's a shame, of course, that I had to spend 30€ more to get more nations in my save, but it could be worse. 

On 04/12/2020 at 09:07, Footix said:

Played for three hours and I am enjoying the game. It helps that I've managed to stumble upon a half decent tactic this year, fingers crossed there won't be any huge ME updates to break my tactic! :D

However ... I just have to say, media interaction seems to have been taken up a notch this year, more questions from journalists and now they often ask follow-up questions to the first one.

Don't like!

The xG stuff seems more like a gimmick than anything else. What matters is getting the ball in the back of the net. When we win 4-1 I am happy regardless of what the xG says. Similarly, if we are massive underdogs and battle our hearts out for a 0-0 draw, I'm still happy. It's still allowed to have a good goalkeeper.

And those fan "twitter" comments before each game.. there's always some idiot saying I should have dropped someone from the team. More often than not it's one of my best players. Like, one time I had a fan questioning me starting the striker who scored 3 last week .. I get the feeling these messages are generic, 2x positive, 1x neutral and 1x negative, and it's completely random which players are mentioned. Why is it even there. 

Other than that, all good so far! I notice small bugs every now and then but it's nothing game-breaking AFAIK. 

Funny you should mention media, in half a season with Wolves I was never asked a question ever by the media, I didn't even get a new job press conference. I'm pleased but I did think it was a bit odd.

3 hours ago, mark b said:

Funny you should mention media, in half a season with Wolves I was never asked a question ever by the media, I didn't even get a new job press conference. I'm pleased but I did think it was a bit odd.

Exactly the same for me. Half way through my second season now and not been asked a question from the press yet!

• SI Staff

@penza no need to post the same thing in both the Touch and Xbox Edition feedback threads.

Can you post a thread in the Touch or Xbox Edition bugs forum for us please (depending on what platform you're playing on)? That way we can track it and look into it. If you can provide examples and a save file that'd be great.

3/10 

Im extremely disappointed with this game to say the least. Was a huge fan of FMT20, was very excited to purchase 21’s offering. 

This is mainly down to clunky interface and the game being littered with bugs. In addition, even once the bugs are resolved (if) apart from updated squads and a few extra playable leagues (never been a thing for me) I’m not seeing a huge difference from 20, except taking an extra tap to progress press conferences etc (I’ll refrain from listing all the bad improvements as they have been posted in bugs by others and myself in  the bugs forum).

To be fair, I think most people would agree, this series has been a market leader, and how do you improve the best ?

Instant result (sorry guys I know how close to your heart realistic gameplay in match has been to you, but for me, instant result all the way!) allow user to set instructions/ templates prior to kick off (I.e bring on player x on 60th min ) or go gung ho at min x if you are losing.

allow the user to allocate resources - so maybe reduce a 6m transfer budget to 4m in exchange for higher youth investment. I have several ideas to improve the game, and will gladly share if the developers require. 

On 01/12/2020 at 06:51, Keyzer Soze said:

Bought the game last night for android. Play it for 20 minutes, just enough to got to play a friendly. Just like to leave my quick opinion on the game. 

- playing the game in Xiaomi Mipad 4. It runs faster than FMT20. Starting the game, loading the game... All is faster and smoother. :thup:

- until I got to my first match the game looks exactly like FMT20. At some point I thought I was playing an updated version of FMT20 and not a new game. Same panels, organized in the same way, same colors, just too similar to FMT20. :thdn:

- love the new looks and match day experience. I just feels much more like a football match. :thup:

- graphics in general looks better, more sharped, with more definition, at least in my tablet. :thup:

-still the same 3 nation limit. I can't believe that after 6 iterations of the game in android/ios we still have the same limit. I know that SI trys to make the game so that as many as possible tablets can run the game, but set a limit because of that it's just bad. Why not make the nation limit depending on the tablet capacity? :thdn:

- the Touch version of FM it stills very much touch unfriendly. We can't, for example, zoom in/out with our fingers, can't swipe to change screen, there's no function for double tap, the list just goes on. After all these years it stills a game optimized for PC and very poorly designed for tablets. :thdn:

I conclusion, and like I said this is just my first opinion on the game after playing just a couple of minutes, FMT is, once more, the poor parent in the FM series. All the new features are features that come from the full fat version, and there's is nothing in terms of improving the experience when playing in a tablet. And this is something that is happening since 2016/17.

Apart from the disappointment, I'm sure I'll have many hours of pure joy playing it. But with the feeling that the game could be so much better. 

In any case, thanks for the effort, particularly in these difficult times. :)

I love everything you said. I wish more people would spread the word about giving fmt for tablets better optimization plus more options for database sizing. If i could add anything id say that giving us the ability to talk to our players in the sameway as we can on fm mobile would  be beneficial in the long run for making us feel like a real manager as opposed to a match overseer. 

5 hours ago, 17Gonzo said:

Just got my first youth intake as Man Utd. Two of the 15 year olds want £8.5k a week to sign a full time contract, which I'm presuming is a bug. They seem like crazy demands to me.

If you think is bug, raised it on the bug forums. SI personal will tell if it is a bug or not.

This is a weird one.

I just managed to spend a couple of hours each on FMT21 and FM21 (essentially made it halfway through pre-season with Napoli on both versions) over the weekend for the first time and I think I have to say I'm maybe falling a little out of love with FMT, especially as a PC player. The game is definitely smoother and faster than ever before but there are things that are just a little off for me:

• I want more realism with regards to squad rules, registrations etc. This has been a pet peeve of mine from the last few versions. I know this might not be everyone's cup of tea but I do think it's just easy to stack up an elite bunch of players in FMT whereas with squad registration, you'd have to carefully consider who to move on and when so you can bring someone else through or compromise in another way to fit squad quotas. This also leaves a lot of leagues feeling indistinguishable from one another. Load up Australia/US/Canada and they play like any bog standard league when we really should have the challenge of understanding and complying with their unique regulations.
  • I just don't like the new training module that's been introduced since FMT19. I don't want the super detailed calendar of full FM. It was fairly simple in FMT18, where you could select a team focus and the intensity on one screen. Setting the intensity individually is a pain and just not user friendly. You don't really feel in control and if you assign it to the assistant he just seems to drive the players up the wall. Picked up 5 injuries in training in FMT (players out for a minimum of 3 weeks, under AM's control) while in FM, I had a player out for just 3 days thanks to an injury in training. Could well be co-incidence but it's far more intuitive to see what's going on behind the hood in full FM than it is in FMT.
  • The stripping of features in contract negotiations probably signals a direction that the game is heading in that I'm not likely to follow. I appreciate that the devs want to streamline the game but I'd like transfers and contract negotiations to be as similar to the full game as possible. I don't see why there should be a curtailment of players having the flexibility of structuring contracts in a reasonably realistic manner. The minimal nature of club vision when compared to FM is also an annoyance.
  • The gap between updates. I know this probably has something to do with ensuring that the game is the same across all platforms but it's frustrating nonetheless. FM received a hotfix for newgen generation issues and Brexit issues nearly 2 weeks ago and that hasn't translated to Touch yet. I just played the game for the first time this weekend and I'm surprised these changes still haven't come over. I'd imagine someone who's been playing since release is probably annoyed that these haven't been fixed on Touch.
  • I actually think I want player interaction. Half time team talks, trying to keep players happy, juggling all the personalities in a dressing room. For maybe the last couple of versions, I've felt that I've just been someone who watches the matches and picks the team instead of someone who manages the team. Although, I understand that this is probably just me and I should stick to the full game for this.

TL;DR: I think I might actually play more of main FM for the first time since the classic version first launched.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

6 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

This is a weird one.

I just managed to spend a couple of hours each on FMT21 and FM21 (essentially made it halfway through pre-season with Napoli on both versions) over the weekend for the first time and I think I have to say I'm maybe falling a little out of love with FMT, especially as a PC player. The game is definitely smoother and faster than ever before but there are things that are just a little off for me:

• I want more realism with regards to squad rules, registrations etc. This has been a pet peeve of mine from the last few versions. I know this might not be everyone's cup of tea but I do think it's just easy to stack up an elite bunch of players in FMT whereas with squad registration, you'd have to carefully consider who to move on and when so you can bring someone else through or compromise in another way to fit squad quotas. This also leaves a lot of leagues feeling indistinguishable from one another. Load up Australia/US/Canada and they play like any bog standard league when we really should have the challenge of understanding and complying with their unique regulations.
  • I just don't like the new training module that's been introduced since FMT19. I don't want the super detailed calendar of full FM. It was fairly simple in FMT18, where you could select a team focus and the intensity on one screen. Setting the intensity individually is a pain and just not user friendly. You don't really feel in control and if you assign it to the assistant he just seems to drive the players up the wall. Picked up 5 injuries in training in FMT (players out for a minimum of 3 weeks, under AM's control) while in FM, I had a player out for just 3 days thanks to an injury in training. Could well be co-incidence but it's far more intuitive to see what's going on behind the hood in full FM than it is in FMT.
  • The stripping of features in contract negotiations probably signals a direction that the game is heading in that I'm not likely to follow. I appreciate that the devs want to streamline the game but I'd like transfers and contract negotiations to be as similar to the full game as possible. I don't see why there should be a curtailment of players having the flexibility of structuring contracts in a reasonably realistic manner. The minimal nature of club vision when compared to FM is also an annoyance.
  • The gap between updates. I know this probably has something to do with ensuring that the game is the same across all platforms but it's frustrating nonetheless. FM received a hotfix for newgen generation issues and Brexit issues nearly 2 weeks ago and that hasn't translated to Touch yet. I just played the game for the first time this weekend and I'm surprised these changes still haven't come over. I'd imagine someone who's been playing since release is probably annoyed that these haven't been fixed on Touch.
  • I actually think I want player interaction. Half time team talks, trying to keep players happy, juggling all the personalities in a dressing room. For maybe the last couple of versions, I've felt that I've just been someone who watches the matches and picks the team instead of someone who manages the team. Although, I understand that this is probably just me and I should stick to the full game for this.

TL;DR: I think I might actually play more of main FM for the first time since the classic version first launched.

I agree with this, except I am still not sure about the team talks. This is a slippery road. Yes, it is nice to interact a bit more - have more control. But if it becomes too much with Dynamics, etc. then it would take too long. Maybe if they find something in between that let's you have the feel of more engagement without increasing the time. Honestly, I love the full FM. This year it is also much faster and the depth is amazing. I just don't have time for it though. Due to the limited time with all these interactions and things you have to consider, I barely move forward in full FM. In FMT, I have most of what I want but I can actually do a season with my limited playtime. The Squad Rules would be great for realism. The contract negotiations should go back to at least FMT20 levels. Maybe add an editor to be able to also make things realistic (you know what I mean). Player interaction, if it is within limits, let's do it.

Because of above, I see, specifically the PC/Mac versions of FMT another type of game to the "console" FMT one. You have the ability to add things, to run more leagues, etc. It seems to be limited by the combined branding with the consoles. The whole point of FMT (for me) is to play as much of the game as possible with as much detail as possible but not get stuck on the same groundhog day forever because of so many details to think of. If I had sufficient time, then sure. Since I don't I want to have a game that is more streamlined but not to make it too silly and cartoonish. Let us have as much realism as possible but keeping things flowing.

1 hour ago, tyro said:

I agree with this, except I am still not sure about the team talks. This is a slippery road. Yes, it is nice to interact a bit more - have more control. But if it becomes too much with Dynamics, etc. then it would take too long. Maybe if they find something in between that let's you have the feel of more engagement without increasing the time. Honestly, I love the full FM. This year it is also much faster and the depth is amazing. I just don't have time for it though. Due to the limited time with all these interactions and things you have to consider, I barely move forward in full FM. In FMT, I have most of what I want but I can actually do a season with my limited playtime. The Squad Rules would be great for realism. The contract negotiations should go back to at least FMT20 levels. Maybe add an editor to be able to also make things realistic (you know what I mean). Player interaction, if it is within limits, let's do it.

Because of above, I see, specifically the PC/Mac versions of FMT another type of game to the "console" FMT one. You have the ability to add things, to run more leagues, etc. It seems to be limited by the combined branding with the consoles. The whole point of FMT (for me) is to play as much of the game as possible with as much detail as possible but not get stuck on the same groundhog day forever because of so many details to think of. If I had sufficient time, then sure. Since I don't I want to have a game that is more streamlined but not to make it too silly and cartoonish. Let us have as much realism as possible but keeping things flowing.

I agree. I think I'm just in limbo from playing both games really. Sometimes I want the depth of full FM, sometimes I want the speed and snappiness of FMT.

9 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I agree. I think I'm just in limbo from playing both games really. Sometimes I want the depth of full FM, sometimes I want the speed and snappiness of FMT.

I think at bare minimum we should get the features of fm mobile lol. Like i get the games are made Two different ways but the mobile version puts touch to shame. If mobile had 3d match engine, even the one from last year it would still be an instant buy over touch at this point