Football Manager 2021 Touch *Official* Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, 17Gonzo said:

Unfortunately, you have to unlock attribute marking before it's available to be an option for a game. To do this you have to get 250 scout reports for various players or pay 0.99p from the store. I would suggest just picking a top team and scouting all the top players until it unlocks. Then start your intended save and apply it from the store for free from day 1 of the save.

what ?? really ?? i'm on pc by the way....

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

what ?? really ?? i'm on pc by the way....

Sadly, that is the case. Check the store from the FM button - the store is right at the bottom of the drop down. The good news is that it can be unlocked for free, but it will take time. I do wonder how many people actually pay for some of the items in the store, in all honesty. 

I can also concur with other posters regarding having to double click to get a response. Not just the back button but almost anything is requiring two clicks.

Another one that seems off is if I quick pick the team, then go back to the Home Screen, despite then clicking instant result when I return to the tactics page, it makes me play the game. 

If anyone can explain how to raise bug reports for things from the iPad version (I have no PC to be able to upload files etc to/from) then I will get these raised.

25 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Is anyone else not getting any analysis provided after they play a match? If I instant results, there is analysis, but if I play the match, there is no data.

FCEB9699-AEE2-46D3-A472-FCD3BF1CBDD8.jpeg

Yeah same problem here but thought it was just me being in Canadian league 

Youth Intake

Hoping others can confirm what’s happened in their saves. In the past, FMT youth intake was always at the end of the season, unlike the main game where it was usually around March. It was also considerably smaller than the full game in terms of number of players.

Ive only ran through one very quick season as PSG to test the game and the youth intake happened in March like the full fat FM and had 11 players. This is promising if it isn’t just coincidence. What’s everyone else’s experience been with youth intake? I’d love it to be like the full game as I want to do a youth only save which isn’t possible with 4 player intakes like last year. 

7 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

For android you can do pretty much everything you can do for the PC version. Real names, facepacks, logos, and so on. 

Just Google it on places like sortitout and others. 

I have tried to copy my "graphics" folder from my PC over to the folder on the Android..

Says it would take 3 days :eek:

1 minute ago, Keyzer Soze said:

For me the essential is logos, flags and competition real names. Never care much for facepacks. 

The competition real names.. that seems a bit of a nuisance? Have to re-apply it and clear cache each time on an update??

2 minutes ago, shaunwwfc said:

The competition real names.. that seems a bit of a nuisance? Have to re-apply it and clear cache each time on an update??

Yes, because whenever there's a uptade, the game install files that are needed to be deleted in order for the real names fix to work. 

I believe it's the same thing with the full version. 

8 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Yes, because whenever there's a uptade, the game install files that are needed to be deleted in order for the real names fix to work. 

I believe it's the same thing with the full version. 

Just noticed, having copied over graphics, nothing is appearing in game- any ideas??

DIsable first transfer window! Body language! Shouts! Improved match engine as per main game! This is a great upgrade on last year.

(I wish FM would code disabled transfer windows/transfer bans slightly differently though - it'd be good if you could negotiate and line up transfers for the following window, rather than have a transfer budget of zero until that date arrived.)

6 minutes ago, shaunwwfc said:

Just noticed, having copied over graphics, nothing is appearing in game- any ideas??

Did you place the graphics folder in the right path? 

documents\sports interactive\football Manager touch 2021

Then you must clear the cache:

Delete all files within the "cache" folder that is in

Android\data\com.sega.score.touch\files\installed\aplicattion_support\sports interactive\ football Manager 2021 touch 

Then restart the application 

7 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Did you place the graphics folder in the right path? 

documents\sports interactive\football Manager touch 2021

Then you must clear the cache:

Delete all files within the "cache" folder that is in

Android\data\com.sega.score.touch\files\installed\aplicattion_support\sports interactive\ football Manager 2021 touch 

Then restart the application 

The cache did it.. thank you mate

By the way, have you known graphics impact much on game speed?? 

Debating copying across faces, but concerned it will negate the experience 

Thanks for your help!

3 minutes ago, shaunwwfc said:

Thanks for your help!

No performance impact with a 3gb logo pack on for me. Did have to leave the game overnight to run the first time after deleting cache though but every time running after has been fine

6 minutes ago, Sc0ttzilla said:

No performance impact with a 3gb logo pack on for me. Did have to leave the game overnight to run the first time after deleting cache though but every time running after has been fine

Thanks for response 

A gripe i have noticed (i am new to FMT) is the "unlockables". Really not keen. Feels too arcadey and unrealistic.. is there a way to disable or remove these?

6 minutes ago, shaunwwfc said:

Thanks for response 

A gripe i have noticed (i am new to FMT) is the "unlockables". Really not keen. Feels too arcadey and unrealistic.. is there a way to disable or remove these?

You have to enable them for them to kick in, so whilst they are there, they aren't necessarily active.

24 minutes ago, shaunwwfc said:

Thanks for your help!

Nothing in terms of negative impact, but I only have 700Mb of graphics. 

18 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Nothing in terms of negative impact, but I only have 700Mb of graphics. 

Be interesting to see what 8GB worth of graphics does then! I guess the proof will be in the pudding.. Once I get to test in 3 days :lol:

Looking forward to joining the small but very dedicated FMT community! 

It is my first time playing this game on an Ipad (been playing on PC for over 20 years!), and I have to say I am very impressed overall with how smooth the overall experience is. Match engine, especially, is certainly the best it has ever been.

The game is released only yesterday, so I don't think it is fair to overreact to all the bugs already (double tap, xG, links in inbox, sending loaned out players to B team etc..), and I certainly think user experience could benefit from a couple of simple functionalities (I strongly disliked that position strength is removed from tactics screen!). But I think within an update or two, this game will be absolutely amazing.

PS: I would encourage everybody to take time to report any bugs they come across. Lads at SI seem to be on top of quite a few things already.

I have Touch on both PC and on an iPad Mini 5. While siming through the season is fast and and quick on the mini 5, the gameplay can occasionally be a little choppy (frame rates drop a bit). Is there a way to add some graphic quality options in the menu? It'd be nice to just turn off player shadows on the pitch since I don't really care for it and that may make the framerate improve significantly. Otherwise, the match engine graphics are a much needed refresh this season!

Also, the Tactics Overview page no longer shows an icon for the players effectiveness at the position. I really liked that icon for a quick look at the player ability for the tactic Im using.

My general and sometimes same yearly feedback:

- Add Pre and/or In Game Editor or the capability to read game editor files
- Add Larger database options, even if you keep the nation restrictions, can we have mega sized databases?! (I am using a retain all ddt for this ipad save and it works fine...)
- Add Squad restrictions options to keep things more realistic
- Offline fantasy draft vs AI
- Ability to change team kit colors at beginning of each season (or at least the away/alt kits)

Edited by minotauri

9 hours ago, shaunwwfc said:

That is the perfect response I needed! Thank you RTH. 

I just ignore them but would be nice to have an option to turn them off. 

New feature for FMT 2022? :) (I jest ... or am I?). But in all honesty very happy with FMT.

I already played the same amount of hours this year for FM and FMT together as for FM/FMT20.

It is just amazing this year. 

hace 11 horas, shaunwwfc dijo:

I have tried to copy my "graphics" folder from my PC over to the folder on the Android..

Says it would take 3 days :eek:

Hi Shaun. There is a way to let FMT use FM graphics if you have both installed, so you don't have to copy all in FMT folder. With a line of text in the Launch parameters of the game in Steam you can share the same graphics folder for FM and FMT. Search it in google. If you don't find it I can help you later when I arrive home (I am in the office now) :brock:

Edited by Loren1983

On 01/12/2020 at 00:42, Bobic9 said:

Hello the team

thanks for your new opus. But despite efforts at match engine, i find the same game than 2020.

why didn’t you add the dynamic tab as on mobile version ? And the possibility to change with agent ? (My iPad Pro is more powerful than a mobile !)

I’m disappointed and hesitate to continue my game on FMT 2020 😢

I find some aspects of the mobile version are way better this year wich is odd

5 hours ago, minotauri said:

I have Touch on both PC and on an iPad Mini 5. While siming through the season is fast and and quick on the mini 5, the gameplay can occasionally be a little choppy (frame rates drop a bit). Is there a way to add some graphic quality options in the menu? It'd be nice to just turn off player shadows on the pitch since I don't really care for it and that may make the framerate improve significantly. Otherwise, the match engine graphics are a much needed refresh this season!

Also, the Tactics Overview page no longer shows an icon for the players effectiveness at the position. I really liked that icon for a quick look at the player ability for the tactic Im using.

My general and sometimes same yearly feedback:

- Add Pre and/or In Game Editor or the capability to read game editor files
- Add Larger database options, even if you keep the nation restrictions, can we have mega sized databases?! (I am using a retain all ddt for this ipad save and it works fine...)
- Add Squad restrictions options to keep things more realistic
- Offline fantasy draft vs AI
- Ability to change team kit colors at beginning of each season (or at least the away/alt kits)

This list of feedback is best for you to write on feature request of FMT sub-forum.

Maybe if a lot of people request most of these features, they might add them to FMT.

22 hours ago, 17Gonzo said:

Sadly, that is the case. Check the store from the FM button - the store is right at the bottom of the drop down. The good news is that it can be unlocked for free, but it will take time. I do wonder how many people actually pay for some of the items in the store, in all honesty. 

how flipping ridiculous is this ??? locking the ability to have attributes masked....ridiculous!! yeah it costs 99p to unlock but really ??? come on SI cut out this **** 

21 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Youth Intake

Hoping others can confirm what’s happened in their saves. In the past, FMT youth intake was always at the end of the season, unlike the main game where it was usually around March. It was also considerably smaller than the full game in terms of number of players.

Ive only ran through one very quick season as PSG to test the game and the youth intake happened in March like the full fat FM and had 11 players. This is promising if it isn’t just coincidence. What’s everyone else’s experience been with youth intake? I’d love it to be like the full game as I want to do a youth only save which isn’t possible with 4 player intakes like last year. 

You got my hopes up with this but I've just had my first intake in March and there's only 5 players :(

I'm the same with the youth-only save idea, the normal FM just isn't for me but the tiny youth intakes on FMT are discouraging

2 hours ago, rwc145 said:

You got my hopes up with this but I've just had my first intake in March and there's only 5 players :(

I'm the same with the youth-only save idea, the normal FM just isn't for me but the tiny youth intakes on FMT are discouraging

I just got my first Youth Intake and I had around 11 players I think. Maybe it depends on your clubs youth facilities? 

3 hours ago, rwc145 said:

37 minutes ago, TheSpider said:

I just got my first Youth Intake and I had around 11 players I think. Maybe it depends on your clubs youth facilities? 

Thanks both for your replies to my post. Wonder if anyone from SI can confirm if there’s been changes to the number of players in youth intakes?

Even 5 players is more than I got on FM20, even as the top ranked team in Europe, I’d get 3 or 4 players.

I like that the intake now happens in March rather than end of season, and if playing as a top team will consistently give around 11 players, this would be amazing.

22 hours ago, steff91 said:

i just transferred my graphics over from my full fat FM structure and it looks great,all we need now is a FMT enabled skin,im hooked :)

How did you manage this?! My "faces" folder is over 12gb. When I send it over via USB, after a few hours, it just freezes.

13 hours ago, Loren1983 said:

Hi Shaun. There is a way to let FMT use FM graphics if you have both installed, so you don't have to copy all in FMT folder. With a line of text in the Launch parameters of the game in Steam you can share the same graphics folder for FM and FMT. Search it in google. If you don't find it I can help you later when I arrive home (I am in the office now) :brock:

Yes! Exactly what I need! If you could pm me that would be great.