Football Manager 2021 Touch *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Maccer92 said:

Anyone else finding it much harder to win games on the pc version after the last update or two?

I should  add that this is only on touch. The full version isn’t giving me these problems.

I've always found it harder on Touch compared to the full game mainly since in the full game you can utilise man management/team talks that can give you a little boost to your team's morale. On Touch, you live and die by your tactics and quality of player more.

7 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Looks like there's been an update of some sort, but only for FMT. Any patch notes available?

I also recieved the patch. It's around 250mb but can't find any info about it? 

35 minutes ago, vcg said:

I also recieved the patch. It's around 250mb but can't find any info about it? 

I doubt we will get a response, only takes 5 minutes to let us know what's changed but for some unknown reason, communication is lacking.

Edited by eggenstein

3 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I think it might just be some changes to in game advertising as they don't usually provide any notes for these.

It literally only takes 5 minutes to let people know though, it's the little things like this that make people feel like valued customers...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, 3runhomer said:

Is this realistic scheduling? We have matches on January 3, 5, 7, 10, 14 and 17. Seems like a bug. 

I mean playing every other day is a bit harsh. 

D01BFD7D-56DA-49FA-B7E5-A8E3A9F8A33B.jpeg

Might be worth putting this in the bug forum with a save. To help the developers 

Been playing quite abit of FMT over the past few months - really enjoyed it this time, found it challenging and rewarding at the same time.

Just thought i'd add a few suggestions for future versions below (if there is a place where I should post these please let me know)

* Improve the 'Papa Johns Pizza Trophy' - I know this is now being looked into but it is dominated by the 'reserve' teams of Premier League clubs which are containing £40m+ players after 1 or 2 seasons frustrating when you are trying to make money with a cup run as Manager of a small club.

* More flexibility to load players at the start of a career - it's great that we can remove league restrictions but any chance we would choose top players/national team players/etc from continents instead of adding leagues? - i know we are limited by player numbers but it would help alternate the games a bit

* Small gripe - can the attendance figures be added back to the results page?

* Instant result - more flexible options/instructions (i.e bring x player on at 70mins, if losing on 80mins switch from 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 etc)

* Would prefer the squad registration rules to be added to the leagues (maybe made optional at start of career) - it would make it more challenging.

I have to say this years FMT has been superb and best by far in the series, really enjoyed it - thanks for all your efforts.

8 hours ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

Been playing quite abit of FMT over the past few months - really enjoyed it this time, found it challenging and rewarding at the same time.

Just thought i'd add a few suggestions for future versions below (if there is a place where I should post these please let me know)

* Improve the 'Papa Johns Pizza Trophy' - I know this is now being looked into but it is dominated by the 'reserve' teams of Premier League clubs which are containing £40m+ players after 1 or 2 seasons frustrating when you are trying to make money with a cup run as Manager of a small club.

* More flexibility to load players at the start of a career - it's great that we can remove league restrictions but any chance we would choose top players/national team players/etc from continents instead of adding leagues? - i know we are limited by player numbers but it would help alternate the games a bit

* Small gripe - can the attendance figures be added back to the results page?

* Instant result - more flexible options/instructions (i.e bring x player on at 70mins, if losing on 80mins switch from 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 etc)

* Would prefer the squad registration rules to be added to the leagues (maybe made optional at start of career) - it would make it more challenging.

I have to say this years FMT has been superb and best by far in the series, really enjoyed it - thanks for all your efforts.

Delighted to hear someone love the game. For me it’s not good with lots of bugs, worse graphics than 5 years ago, key match features removed and inconsistencies. but I want to hear some positive voices.
Can I ask what you play it on?

9 hours ago, FulchesterFred said:

Delighted to hear someone love the game. For me it’s not good with lots of bugs, worse graphics than 5 years ago, key match features removed and inconsistencies. but I want to hear some positive voices.
Can I ask what you play it on?

Laptop - been doing some Lower League Management over the past month or two - had some great saves with Northampton (No money, crap squad, literally survived my first season by 2pts on the final day), Shrewsbury Town (No money but some good defenders in Williams and Pierre who I banked £4m in sales from and got promotion in season 2) and Plymouth Argyle (great squad with Ennis, Cooper x 2, MacLeod, Jephcott - won the league in the first season).

38 minutes ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

Laptop - been doing some Lower League Management over the past month or two - had some great saves with Northampton (No money, crap squad, literally survived my first season by 2pts on the final day), Shrewsbury Town (No money but some good defenders in Williams and Pierre who I banked £4m in sales from and got promotion in season 2) and Plymouth Argyle (great squad with Ennis, Cooper x 2, MacLeod, Jephcott - won the league in the first season).

Interesting. I play on an iPad Pro and feel really let down. I do wonder if it’s the tablet version which is the weakest this year. They probably spent a lot of time and effort on Xbox etc so neglected tablets. With mine you can’t trust the stats in analysis, the graphics got worse with each update, timeline gone, you can’t click on players to find out who they are in replays, often at h/t the game doesn’t stop so you can’t analyse the match (which was already a step back)). This is to name but a few things. We’ve been told by SI to lump it. 

does your version have the same issues but you love the gameplay or do these things work well for you?

3 minutes ago, FulchesterFred said:

Interesting. I play on an iPad Pro and feel really let down. I do wonder if it’s the tablet version which is the weakest this year. They probably spent a lot of time and effort on Xbox etc so neglected tablets. With mine you can’t trust the stats in analysis, the graphics got worse with each update, timeline gone, you can’t click on players to find out who they are in replays, often at h/t the game doesn’t stop so you can’t analyse the match (which was already a step back)). This is to name but a few things. We’ve been told by SI to lump it. 

does your version have the same issues but you love the gameplay or do these things work well for you?

There are frustrations, I think the graphics whilst not great on a matchday are ok and have improved.  The changes to the matchday screens with loss of the layout/options from FM20 is another frustration and I believe it'll probably be looked at for the next FM - although I think i've got used to it now and tend to do my analysis through other means - No problems at HT on the PC version, game stops I have a look through my team, set instructions for the opposition and go again.  

On 09/05/2021 at 03:48, 3runhomer said:

Is this realistic scheduling? We have matches on January 3, 5, 7, 10, 14 and 17. Seems like a bug. 

I mean playing every other day is a bit harsh. 

D01BFD7D-56DA-49FA-B7E5-A8E3A9F8A33B.jpeg

Likely down to the winter world cup I imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying the match interface (on iPad) - much improved. Biggest bug best is that I cannot any longer double sort on the squad/team selection page like I could on FM2020 (where there was a primary sort, single arrow, and then secondary sort, double arrow) - could this please be added back 

Edited by kishenganatra

• 4 months later...

Love the Touch version FMT PC, very immerssive and with no need to manage 10+ staff members and never ending media interactions. What I like the most is being able to go fast into the future like Cm0102; but I'm gutted since I've found out about the 30 year limit. I hope it gets optional or extended in FMT 22, I like the straightforward gameplay and specially managing far deep into the future. 

3 hours ago, khriztian said:

Love the Touch version FMT PC, very immerssive and with no need to manage 10+ staff members and never ending media interactions. What I like the most is being able to go fast into the future like Cm0102; but I'm gutted since I've found out about the 30 year limit. I hope it gets optional or extended in FMT 22, I like the straightforward gameplay and specially managing far deep into the future. 

There's no 30 year limit on the PC version as long as you're ok with not being able to cross play the save on other devices.

• SI Staff
On 28/09/2021 at 23:30, rafaelbenitez said:

There's no 30 year limit on the PC version as long as you're ok with not being able to cross play the save on other devices.

Just to explain - 30 season limits are in place on platforms where there is a 'finite space available for save games, ie. consoles/mobile devices. In practice only around 0.01% of save games hit this limitation (plus a 30 year career is about 'right' for most football managers irl).

22 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Just to explain - 30 season limits are in place on platforms where there is a 'finite space available for save games, ie. consoles/mobile devices. In practice only around 0.01% of save games hit this limitation (plus a 30 year career is about 'right' for most football managers irl).

While 30 seasons isnt the end of the world, phones and tablets have significant storage capacity nowadays. This isnt 2010 anymore. The latest devices have up to 1TB of on-board storage, not including cloud storage or some with microsd expansion. That's more than some laptops that are sold new today.

Its the same thing I have with some of the league/database minimums. I know you have to develop for the lowest common denominator, but there should be scaling or optional capabilities for newer devices, just like on PC version.

• 2 weeks later...

My feedback is with a tinge of regret, unfortunately. 

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Xbox Edition, it's given me a chance to both play and really get into a new version of the game, which is the first time I've really been able to put the hours into a non-retro version of FM since FM2013. A fantastic game, everything ran swimmingly, and I was really able to immerse myself in it once again, which is admittedly difficult these days with family, kids etc. 

I have found the controls on the Xbox a little counter intuitive, but I've largely played transfer windows on my laptop and then flown through the season on the more powerful Xbox. No major worries. Well, at least up until the last few days, that is. Unfortunately I can no longer even launch the game on the laptop (although I can both launch and load it on the Xbox) thanks to an Xbox Live error, and there's very little help from either Microsoft or on here. In fact, I'm not even sure who's at fault, but I do know I can't play the game, and I'm desperate to!

I started this thread trying to find a resolution, but I'm still stuck. If anybody's come across this and solved it, please shout up!

Other than that though, you're definitely on the right lines with the Xbox edition, and if I can be sure the new one won't have this same error, I'll pick that up too.

Cheers.

)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, old CM/FM player here. Haven’t played FM in years. Bought it on Switch recently…

Feedback: the font size is way too small on Switch!  Are you guys kidding with this?  It’s eye straining stuff. 

waste of money and gutted.