How many nations do you usually load?

How many nations do you usually load?   

373 members have voted

1. 1. How many nations do you usually load?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

It depends on the save.

I have a few one club saves, so I only load that nation, plus all of the players of that nation, plus all players playing in that country.

If I am having a Journeyman save, then anything up to fifty four nations, depending on where I want to go.

Do you find it difficult to sign players when you only load one? I've gone that before, it runs super quick which is great, but there's less players. 

15 minutes ago, Ether_mR said:

I try to push the limits of modern computing when it comes to number of nations loaded 🙂

Haha sometimes I do that but it ends up getting quite slow, even with 32GB RAM. 

10 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I've got 25 loaded in my current save

Nice! I think 25-30 is a good spot if you can handle it. 

10 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Do you find it difficult to sign players when you only load one? I've gone that before, it runs super quick which is great, but there's less players. 

Haha sometimes I do that but it ends up getting quite slow, even with 32GB RAM. 

Nice! I think 25-30 is a good spot if you can handle it. 

It can be, but that is part of the challenge.  Develop your academy and it shouldn’t matter,

I have 64gb of ram, so I don’t have any issues with everything loaded.

At a minimum I load all of the top leagues from the continent I am intending to manage in because otherwise it's just way too easy in continental competitions and then I'm happy to add and remove as I go on a journeyman. Will normally load about ten to fifteen as a minimum but try to drop it down once I get twenty, thirty years deep.

1 hour ago, Ether_mR said:

Is it ram that really decides how many nations you can run smoothly? I would imagine your CPU is the biggest determining factor.

It's both but RAM is very important as well. I'm not a technical expert but it would make sense the more memory your machine can process, the faster it runs. 

In my usual saves (european) I load 7 nations:

Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, UK and Netherlands (all from top division to 3rd tier, except Netherlands where only 2 tiers are avaliable).

I load about 28 nations usually. My current lot for my Dortmund save is Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, England, France, Germany,, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and USA.

I tend to load every league in each country.

5 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

It's both but RAM is very important as well. I'm not a technical expert but it would make sense the more memory your machine can process, the faster it runs. 

"I'm not a technical expert" completely invalidates your first sentence 

A question about loading national players... If i load all players of a nation through advanced database but not all the leagues of said nation, then where would the loaded players from those unloaded leagues go ? If the answer is they stay in their unloaded leagues then would they stay there or clear out in few seasons and crowd up other leagues that were loaded ?

5 hours ago, roykela said:

All of them + all leagues and currently around 356k players.
It's the only way i play the game.

What is your machine like? How do you find the game runs after a couple of seasons? Is it very slow? Any crashing? 

4 hours ago, witchplease said:

A question about loading national players... If i load all players of a nation through advanced database but not all the leagues of said nation, then where would the loaded players from those unloaded leagues go ? If the answer is they stay in their unloaded leagues then would they stay there or clear out in few seasons and crowd up other leagues that were loaded ?

I used to load few leagues, but I'd load loads of players through the advanced database. 

I find that not much happens, however if you do this it is difficult to sell players. It is really best to strive for the right balance between leagues and players loaded through the advanced database. Loading one nation and loads of players will mess up your game in the transfer market a bit . 

Every year starting around new year I start playing like a madman until September, so 500 hours a month. I run with mods and about 250 countries and I do sometimes wonder If I'm really the only one. Anyone can share experiences about their speed regarding 8, 10 and 12 core cpu career saves? I'm running on a kaby lake 4/core at 5ghz. Only my own matches are played in full detail and all leagues are playable, progressing a whole day only takes around 2 minutes on a dual monitor setup. Processing other matches is set on fastest which works better with CPU pinning, and I put all other stuff (browser, music, netflix or work stuff on the single spare core), database is set to big, which gives me 700k players and 900k after 1 year. It gets 1 minute slower to progress every day after each passing season.

I do use CPU pinning, so I'm not using the cpu's full potential. Anyone can share experiences about their speed regarding 8, 10 and 12 core cpu career saves with 200+ leagues loaded on playable?

My laptop isn't that powerful, so I only run the UK and Ireland, Germany and Spain. I also have France and Italy on view only. I don't like my game speed being less than 3 stars, I'm always worried I'll be deep into a save and it will crash. Plus I only play LLM anyway so I don't need a massive amount.

57 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

I used to load few leagues, but I'd load loads of players through the advanced database. 

I find that not much happens, however if you do this it is difficult to sell players. It is really best to strive for the right balance between leagues and players loaded through the advanced database. Loading one nation and loads of players will mess up your game in the transfer market a bit . 

I have loaded like 68 divisions from 50 nations on large db, and then through advanced db i included all UK & Ireland players (Using Dan's file to unlock 11 divisions of England for which he had suggested to do so). Player count at that time showed around 140k, now a month into 1st season it says 242k... is this 100k increase because i used the option of having fake players fill up the empty squads ?

Anyway as you said right balance, so which db would you recommend for 60-70 leagues ? Or is my current one fine ?

Edited by witchplease

I usually load England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Turkey and Ukraine at a minimum. On my last FM19 save, I loaded 52 leagues from 26 nations (all playable), with 90,000+ players.

Edited by CFuller

I normally load England, Scotland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Holland, Portugal, Belgium and Brazil to start with. Once I notice a particular nation is producing decent newgens, I will add that league, so have since added Denmark, Croatia and Serbia. Always add all leagues in each nation.

2 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

What is your machine like? How do you find the game runs after a couple of seasons? Is it very slow? Any crashing? 

My computer isn't very special.
It's an i7-9700K @3.6GHz, running on turbo speed @4.7GHz with 16GB RAM.

I'm in 2039 now and it's absolutely fine for me. No crashes and some slowdowns on days like transfer deadline day (the 2 big ones) but otherwise it's fairly quick.
What i do see is that there is a slowdown during pre-season when the news item pre-season team report shows up. Takes a couple of seconds for it to show.
If you have the best scouting packages and a lot of knowledge of players around the world, then the player search screen is very, very slow. Understandably so though, as i'm over 200k players over the recommended limit.
But as i rely on my scouts anyway i hardly ever use that particular screen.

Depending on the league i play in it takes me around 2-4 days to finish a season.

4 hours ago, witchplease said:

I have loaded like 68 divisions from 50 nations on large db, and then through advanced db i included all UK & Ireland players (Using Dan's file to unlock 11 divisions of England for which he had suggested to do so). Player count at that time showed around 140k, now a month into 1st season it says 242k... is this 100k increase because i used the option of having fake players fill up the empty squads ?

Anyway as you said right balance, so which db would you recommend for 60-70 leagues ? Or is my current one fine ?

Generally speaking I just run a Large database with no advanced players, however, I feel if you are running that many nations you should be fine. 

If you loaded 200k players with just a few nations loaded you'd have problems. I think the increase might be having fake players. 

4 hours ago, Jolyon Chen said:

Every year starting around new year I start playing like a madman until September, so 500 hours a month. I run with mods and about 250 countries and I do sometimes wonder If I'm really the only one. Anyone can share experiences about their speed regarding 8, 10 and 12 core cpu career saves? I'm running on a kaby lake 4/core at 5ghz. Only my own matches are played in full detail and all leagues are playable, progressing a whole day only takes around 2 minutes on a dual monitor setup. Processing other matches is set on fastest which works better with CPU pinning, and I put all other stuff (browser, music, netflix or work stuff on the single spare core), database is set to big, which gives me 700k players and 900k after 1 year. It gets 1 minute slower to progress every day after each passing season.

I do use CPU pinning, so I'm not using the cpu's full potential. Anyone can share experiences about their speed regarding 8, 10 and 12 core cpu career saves with 200+ leagues loaded on playable?

Wow! How long does it take you to do a season? Any reason for loading so many leagues> 

2 hours ago, roykela said:

My computer isn't very special.
It's an i7-9700K @3.6GHz, running on turbo speed @4.7GHz with 16GB RAM.

I'm in 2039 now and it's absolutely fine for me. No crashes and some slowdowns on days like transfer deadline day (the 2 big ones) but otherwise it's fairly quick.
What i do see is that there is a slowdown during pre-season when the news item pre-season team report shows up. Takes a couple of seconds for it to show.
If you have the best scouting packages and a lot of knowledge of players around the world, then the player search screen is very, very slow. Understandably so though, as i'm over 200k players over the recommended limit.
But as i rely on my scouts anyway i hardly ever use that particular screen.

Depending on the league i play in it takes me around 2-4 days to finish a season.

I completed my first season with all nations & leagues loaded (Plus Cyprus) in about 13 hours of game time (probably 10 of actually playing). I'm going to give it a second season and see how it goes and then maybe remove some. For me it just gets really slow in transfer windows. 

9 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Wow! How long does it take you to do a season? Any reason for loading so many leagues> 

Playing all my competitive matches in full a season takes about 10 to 15 days (depending on playing European comps in the first season), with those real life responsibilities. After one season it does become slower but with a dual monitor setup I just go studying on the other monitor or watch something so I don't really get annoyed with the processing speed.

I just like seeing the world in the game change and be realistic as most view only leagues just sit there doing almost nothing. Otherwise the countries that are loaded just end end up dominating the world. I do play with several other mods that change the transfer preferences and injuries and such. Club vision in addition helped tremendously this season in keeping cultures of countries intact, so I still enjoy the game after 5 seasons.

7 hours ago, Jolyon Chen said:

Playing all my competitive matches in full a season takes about 10 to 15 days (depending on playing European comps in the first season), with those real life responsibilities. After one season it does become slower but with a dual monitor setup I just go studying on the other monitor or watch something so I don't really get annoyed with the processing speed.

I just like seeing the world in the game change and be realistic as most view only leagues just sit there doing almost nothing. Otherwise the countries that are loaded just end end up dominating the world. I do play with several other mods that change the transfer preferences and injuries and such. Club vision in addition helped tremendously this season in keeping cultures of countries intact, so I still enjoy the game after 5 seasons.

Totally understand you. I do think it is the optimal way to play in general because you also take your time over saves and enjoy every match. But it does get frustrating when the summer takes ages to get by. 

So interestingly, breaking it down by the most popular brackets:

Nations Loaded:

10 Nations or Less: 52.94%

11-20 Nations: 25%

21-30 Nations: 14.7%

51+ Nations: 13.24%

31-40 Nations: 4.41%

41-50 Nations: 1.47%

I gather from this, 1-20 nations are popular because of the standard of machine, or because of preferences for faster gameplay, or they don't see the point.

There are some though that do go crazy and load everything, but not sure if that's just ability to because of a better machine, or you're just crazy about realism :) (Like me). 

16 minutos atrás, Travis Bickle disse:

So interestingly, breaking it down by the most popular brackets:

Nations Loaded:

10 Nations or Less: 52.94%

11-20 Nations: 25%

21-30 Nations: 14.7%

51+ Nations: 13.24%

31-40 Nations: 4.41%

41-50 Nations: 1.47%

I gather from this, 1-20 nations are popular because of the standard of machine, or because of preferences for faster gameplay, or they don't see the point.

There are some though that do go crazy and load everything, but not sure if that's just ability to because of a better machine, or you're just crazy about realism :) (Like me). 

Well, if I had a powerfull enough machine, ofc I would load many more nations, possibly even all of them. Not many people have resources to do so, and in my case, I can't even opt for Stadia as it's not yet avaliable in my country. So I do what I can and I'm sure that's what the majority of players do, as FM player base are not known for high end gaming machines, quite the opposite.

If I’m playing outside of Europe then i will load 45+ leagues so I am freely move around the continent whenever I please. If I’m playing in Europe then I’ll just load relevant countries. So if I manage in Croatia, for example, I’ll load all former Yugoslavian, Soviet, Czechoslovakian and Hungary, Austria and Poland. Or if I play in Norway, I’ll load all the Scandinavian nations and the U.K. nations.

Top 3 leagues for: ITALY, FRANCE, ENGLAND, GERMANY, SPAIN
Top 2 leagues for: BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, TURKEY, PORTUGAL, NETHERLANDS, RUSSIA, BELGIUM
Top 1 league for: All other countries in the game (Canada and Gibraltar included)

-All playable
-Large database, without other tweaks

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

does depend on if im planning a 1 club save or some form of journeyman.

if the latter (as my current one is) 15-20 nations, all divs in the 5 top nations, 2 divs in the rest. Large DB

My computer is brutally slow with FM20 so 6 countries with all leagues loaded is usually my limit. Could do more but then i'd have to cut down lower leagues or use a lower player count which I rarely do.

On FM17 it's much faster so with that I could probably do around 15 countries if I really wanted to push limits.

FM18 is exactly inbetween the two and runs decently with about 10 countries enabled.

Edited by Minuy600

I just watched a youtube video, said to load top division in 30 countries, put the rest on view only. working great so far. im on a laptop. I use to only use a few playable leagues but found that after a few years, Champions league and Europa had a bunch of garbage teams

I'll be setting up a benchmarking thread shortly and the way it usually goes is that you set up the Saves with all leagues loaded but vary the detail level and the time of year (transfer windows)

This year i'm thinking of having another test with a lot less leagues maybe (judging by these poll results) maybe all leagues from 10 nations, that way people with less top end machines can at least get involved in that test

Interestingly I found out last night that there is no difference in speed when you run a test with 5 nations (10 Divisions) running on a high end computer compared to a 5 year old laptop.  Take from that what you will.

Hope a few from here will get involved, i'll hopefully be putting the tests up tonight, let me know beforehand if there are any tests you'd like added and why

4 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I have a i9 9900k but not sure if I should try and run all leagues. I haven't tested it yet to see how slow it runs, I would imagine it will be too slow for me though. 

I have an i7 9700k and in terms of pure gaming performance there is nothing between that and the i9 9900k, any difference is negligible, and seriously, seriously, small.   And my CPU will comfortably run 88 leagues from 40 nations on large DB.  Im almost in 2030 and it still zips through the days/weeks.  Hit continue and its processed almost within seconds.  It has also had every single league loaded and handled it like a dream... so like myself, yours would not be slow

2 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I have an i7 9700k and in terms of pure gaming performance there is nothing between that and the i9 9900k, any difference is negligible, and seriously, seriously, small.   And my CPU will comfortably run 88 leagues from 40 nations on large DB.  Im almost in 2030 and it still zips through the days/weeks.  Hit continue and its processed almost within seconds.  It has also had every single league loaded and handled it like a dream... so like myself, yours would not be slow

Cheers mate.

I'll give it a test as what may be fast for you might be slow for me, I'll update soon. We both have similar CPU's again as I remember you had the i7 3770k before and I had the non k version :D

В 23.02.2020 в 02:14, roykela сказал:

All of them + all leagues and currently around 356k players.
It's the only way i play the game.

Same hère. All nations, all leagues, huge data base. Start unemployed with Sunday League expérience and without managérial licence.

7 minutes ago, BOBORBK said:

Same hère. All nations, all leagues, huge data base. Start unemployed with Sunday League expérience and without managérial licence.

Yup. Exactly like that. It can certainly be a slow start but i do enjoy the challenge.

42 minutes ago, BOBORBK said:

I do that with a UEFA A Licence. My reason being irl you need an A Licence to manage lower division professional teams. Feel it is a more realistic challenge to start with a UEFA A Licence. 

I can't load all leagues, not possible for sure lol. But never did anyway. I just use the leagues of the country where i want to play in and the big 4 just on view only. 

Anyone knows what a balanced database would be to have a balanced transfermarket. I mean if i choose like i do, is a small database ok or advanced i might choose 2 (playable) leagues in the same country and others 
only view and via advanced fill in some extra players of the countries next to the one i manage in. I get then like 20k players. Is there a formula to know if you have a balanced database (transfermarket etc.)...? 

On 22/02/2020 at 23:35, FrazT said:

I ry to run with about 65000 players loaded and with the large database, that usually equates to about 15- 18 countries

That's exactly the same as what i do but i load in some custom players as well in the advanced bit 

Edited by jckc221013jamie