Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

50 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I'm not sure if it's my imagination or what but, the game seems a bit jerky to me in the beta. Like if a ball is kicked long it seems to speed up then slow down then speed back up, the same for players running. It's very subtle. may be the framerate fluctuating?

Ok ignore this, it must have been my imagination. This is a big improvement so far SI.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

All, how do you upload a short instance from a match like this? 

I use Win 10. Alt + Windows Key + R to record. Same again to stop. Clips go to Documents > Videos > Captures. I then up to my Youtube channel.

https://www.howtogeek.com/219947/how-to-record-pc-gameplay-with-windows-10’s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/

Edited by Tiger666

vor 10 Minuten schrieb coolestrock:

Whats happened to the teamtalks again , every game the assistant say "do it for the fans" both before the game and at half time ,,  this bug happened in FM 2019 , have they just copied the same code and forgot to add the fix they put in ??

Please report it here:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/749-public-beta-match-engine/

This build is clearly superior to what we have in the main release. I can see patterns of play which actually resemble football, particularly in the middle third. For me though, I still feel there is an undercurrent of frantic pinball about the game overall. Every highlight feels like the 90th minute with both teams playing as if they need to score to avoid relegation. It is still too easy for players to pick the ball up and dribble 50 yards unopposed, just breezing past defenders as if they aren't there. Wingers on attack accelerate too far ahead of their teammates, leaving them with the inevitable shot from a narrow angle (not as bad as it was, but still a regular occurrence).

Encouraging signs though. I don't know why the Public Beta wasn't utilised earlier; perhaps to stress test the previous update which made me uninstall the game altogether. 

Edited by rdbayly

Have played 8 games with the beta.

It's definitely an improvement. with some of the most egregious things fixed and much more of a feeling like tactical changes make a difference.

Some old problems still not fixed - too many clearances into central areas, for example. And deep-lying strikers still don't get involved in build-up.

And the big problem is that with the long balls nixed, I'm seeing even less creative play in central areas than before. Me and my opponents relying more than ever on crosses and set pieces for goals.

So I feel like the patch has stemmed the bleeding from the catastrophic original, but still needs a lot more work on creative and attacking play if it's going to be anything other than wingback simulator 2020.

10 minutes ago, Kovacevic said:

Have played 8 games with the beta.

It's definitely an improvement. with some of the most egregious things fixed and much more of a feeling like tactical changes make a difference.

Some old problems still not fixed - too many clearances into central areas, for example. And deep-lying strikers still don't get involved in build-up.

And the big problem is that with the long balls nixed, I'm seeing even less creative play in central areas than before. Me and my opponents relying more than ever on crosses and set pieces for goals.

So I feel like the patch has stemmed the bleeding from the catastrophic original, but still needs a lot more work on creative and attacking play if it's going to be anything other than wingback simulator 2020.

Some pkm's uploaded for them to see would help tremendously..

17 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

This build is clearly superior to what we have in the main release. I can see patterns of play which actually resemble football, particularly in the middle third. For me though, I still feel there is an undercurrent of frantic pinball about the game overall. Every highlight feels like the 90th minute with both teams playing as if they need to score to avoid relegation. It is still too easy for players to pick the ball up and dribble 50 yards unopposed, just breezing past defenders as if they aren't there. Wingers on attack accelerate too far ahead of their teammates, leaving them with the inevitable shot from a narrow angle (not as bad as it was, but still a regular occurrence).

Encouraging signs though. I don't know why the Public Beta wasn't utilised earlier; perhaps to stress test the previous update which made me uninstall the game altogether. 

Because the vast majority of people don't actually provide PKMS tbh. For all the talk of people saying let more users test it, this still doesn't happen. One good post with PKMs is so much more useful than 10 pages of circular discussion. I'm hoping that now it's back people will actually use it for what it is...

20 minutos atrás, Kovacevic disse:

Jogaram 8 jogos com a versão beta.

Definitivamente é uma melhoria. com algumas das coisas mais flagrantes consertadas e muito mais um sentimento de que as mudanças táticas fazem a diferença.

Alguns problemas antigos ainda não foram resolvidos - muitas folgas nas áreas centrais, por exemplo. E os atacantes profundos ainda não se envolvem na construção.

E o grande problema é que, com as bolas compridas, estou vendo um jogo ainda menos criativo nas áreas centrais do que antes. Eu e meus oponentes confiando mais do que nunca em cruzamentos e defesas para gols.

Então, sinto que o patch causou o sangramento do original catastrófico, mas ainda precisa de muito mais trabalho criativo e de ataque, se for algo diferente do simulador de wingback 2020.

It makes me frustrated too, although in real football this often happens

I'm actually very happy with what I saw in my first game, my anchor man got an assist by swinging it in from a deep position on the right side of the field towards the far post where my left winger just had to tap it in. Never seen that before. :)

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Because the vast majority of people don't actually provide PKMS tbh. For all the talk of people saying let more users test it, this still doesn't happen. One good post with PKMs is so much more useful than 10 pages of circular discussion. I'm hoping that now it's back people will actually use it for what it is...

Fair points.

I've re-started and loaded 1 league and I've observed goals from set piece goals in full detail (Champions league and UEFA Europa matches in pre group stage in full detail). About comparison to other leagues Turkish football is not the fastest but how strikers with good  headers scoring. I'm yet in friendly matches league didn't start yet. It wasn't convincing about headers.

Edited by baris28

1 hour ago, tractor76 said:

When do you think they will release the update? This weekend?

If you want to try the update for the match engine as it stands, download the public beta. We don't know when it'll get taken out of beta, it depends on if any major bugs appear or not.

34 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

On the other hand, they are customers, not testers so its not that unexpected. Why should paid customers test a game that still has issues in January? Shouldnt they have a working product and not be beta testers in January? I can understand people not so happy about this situation. 

Also, maybe it would be easier to report bugs if they could do it in game with a single click. The current bug reporting process is not that modern tbh. 

This is why it's a beta, and what a beta is for. Paid customers don't have to "test", they can stay on the final version instead. 

Software development always has a beta phase before a roll out. That's exactly what it is, and what these kinds of builds are. Testing doesn't stop and beta doesn't stop just because it was released once to the public.

9 hours ago, JB22 said:

As someone who bares witness to Christian Benteke every week, I thought he was quite close.

haha I ve seen Beneteke missed 7 1on1 against me in one game while every one on one has been come from long balls, I guess acceleration 14 pace 14 is not good enough to mark Benteke😂

2 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

I'm not get to play it yet, has the tackles amount and dribbles amount being reduced?

I'm not seeing average players pick the ball up and dribble the entire length of the pitch in my games so far. Looks like that's been toned down.

Edited by Tiger666

2 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I'm not seeing average players pick the ball up and dribble the entire length of the pitch in my games so far. Hopefully that's been toned down.

so do u play false nine? do they actually drop back or still standing between two CB like 2019? it it's still the case I guess it's just the limit of this match engine 

Edited by robinthebest

3 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

I'm not get to play it yet, has the tackles amount and dribbles amount being reduced?

btw props to SI, finally did something to please customers

IMO players still seem to attempt to dribble too often, I'm not sure if it's been reduced or not, but it's not immersion-breakingly excessive.

this beta public after having done some games we see improvements in the ME, long throws are now better intercepted by the defenders and the 1vs1 have been reduced. From my opinion not bad this beta in my opinion there will be really further improvements now that will release the real patch. I congratulate the SI developers. I look forward to the official release.

So i just got to go on vacation for 2 weeks on the new match engine, didn't watch any game, just over the stats, go the below stats from 3 random games,

https://imgur.com/WOiTUeQ

https://imgur.com/kZoVLxe

https://imgur.com/H6OsduK

According to @HUNT3R

On 14/01/2020 at 18:54, HUNT3R said:

Don't spread something that's blatantly false. SI have acknowledged issues so far and there are several posts about it. One is still highlighted at the top of the page and there's the bugs forum as well.

The ME team will be very aware of the stats that the game produce. They have a long list of stats they keep track of and compare to leagues around the world, top and bottom.

But there are 50 - 70 tackles per games in the matches like before, do the ME team really focus on the real life stats?

Back To FM 2019,

https://imgur.com/nExYFFn

https://imgur.com/VgMRfXR

So why FM 2019 are much more closer than real life but FM 2020 are so far from it? what went wrong?

Edited by robinthebest

Seems like a massive injection of real football in my save, players are acting more realistically and small tweaks to the tactics during the match do make a difference. Had a 1on1 and scored, crossing seems better and less hoofs into touch as well.

Pretty darn good job I think, day off work tomorrow so I will put in at least ten hours.

6 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

So i just got to go on vacation for 2 weeks on the new match engine, didn't watch any game, just over the stats, go the below stats from 3 random games,

According to @HUNT3R

But there are 50 - 70 tackles per games in the matches like before, do the ME team really focus on the real life stats?

Back To FM 2019,

So why FM 2019 are much more closer than real life but FM 2020 are so far from it? what went wrong?

Never seen that many tackles per game...

I usually gauge how good football manager is by managing lower leagues with no qualifications. This makes the game raw. I dont download pre loaded tactics. I start as if new. Thus learning what is good and bad in the new version. After knocking up 300 hours i have decided this current version to be the stand out worst of all. There are to many problems with this version. From annoyingly being told on every job interview that i was embroiled in controversy 25 years ago, or not being able to see my u18s without the long winded development center route or staff responsibilities being change to a tedious way of managing. It strikes me that this is the same base game of fm16, yet they have finally reached the point that they have recycled it so much it has broken down. No real break through ideas so lets throw all sorts to make it look different. The worst part of the game now is the match engine, same goals game in game out. It lazy and boring, it feels like dynamics and morale are all the lead you to victory now. Really is poor. Fm19 is still so much better. 

Same goals getting scored pass out to the winger who casually moves past my full backs cross goal.

Long ball through the middle my defender runs forward enougg not to win the ball but enough for striker to get away, yet the defender has no need to approach.

Corners seem better, was getting done 1 a game

Dont know why i keep hearing strikers are fixed in general and with 1 on 1s, rubbish. 1on1s still miss and my strikers bedt in league yet after 10 games 1 goal. 

The computer for every team just plays 442 wing play 

30 minutes ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

From 2002 I think but he is ex player not realy tactican or somobody who plays game properly.

What does it matter if he plays the game properly? He is an ex top level footballer. 

28 minutos atrás, robinthebest disse:

According to @HUNT3R

Back To FM 2019,

I checked my statistics here and really the number of tackles is very high too

Going to play devil's advocate here as I just shut down the game and can't check it myself, but you may want to take a look at those tackles in game. They may just be actual challenges to take the ball away from an opponent, not tackles as in an actual sliding tackle. 

22 minutes ago, ArchieCourt said:

That 2nd goal is the stuff of dreams, can't wait to play this patch

I was looking forward to it. Early signs are my tactics have stopped working as now my team seemingly could not play football even if their lives depended on it. 

Just had this beauty - I've noticed a lot more variety in the types of goals scored, fewer one-on-ones but more being scored, passing in general, but especially passing rather than taking tight angle shots, more one twos, better crossing behaviour by wingers and fullbacks, better movement by centre backs, and a lot fewer over-the-top balls.

I really like this ME.

2 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Just had this beauty - I've noticed a lot more variety in the types of goals scored, fewer one-on-ones but more being scored, passing in general, but especially passing rather than taking tight angle shots, more one twos, better crossing behaviour by wingers and fullbacks, better movement by centre backs, and a lot fewer over-the-top balls.

I really like this ME.

It really is a beautiful goal! The kind that has been long forgotten since FM 17 :)

I am just so jealous right now that I don't have this beta with the Touch version. This is like torture :(

Edited by bleventozturk

54 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

better crossing behaviour by wingers and fullbacks

I like this patch, too, but I don't think I've seen a completed cross in 10 or so games since I updated. On the other hand, I haven't seen a 70-yard hoofed clearance drop on the right foot, in stride, of a counter-attacking forward. On balance, that seems a fair trade.