Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

Finishing in 1vs1 situations seems to be a lot better. Espescially when the striker is chasing a ball between a FB and CB and then running with the ball at the GK. Before the patch those situations hardly created any goals (for me at least). 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 минут назад, Tiger666 сказал:

Opp instructions on Maddison to press hard, tackle hard, shove on to left foot. None of which seem to happen. There seems to be too many instances of this kind of thing happening, players just dribbling past defenders unchallenged.

lol looks crazy. I never seen something like this in my or opposite team. But I will not be surprised if reason in combo of attacking mentality + run at defence TI + a lot of attacking duties

upd - is #10 a Shadow Striker?

Edited by Novem9

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Unfortunately this issue still hasn't been fixed. :(

Believe as that is something outside of the ME code (as the ad hoardings aren't related) it's something that'll be addressed in the Winter Transfer Update. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Are there any plans to improve goal variety, goals are pretty much only scored from crosses, set pieces, and long shots, why after so many months do we still have a lack of goals created from through balls? This has been a big problem since FM19 and has been highlighted as issue in so many threads

Just now, Weller1980 said:

Are there any plans to improve goal variety, goals are pretty much only scored from crosses, set pieces, and long shots, why after so many months do we still have a lack of goals created from through balls? This has been a big problem since FM19 and has been highlighted as issue in so many threads

You've already posted this in the bug reporting section... and have you tried the brand new build?

19 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Believe as that is something outside of the ME code (as the ad hoardings aren't related) it's something that'll be addressed in the Winter Transfer Update. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for clarifying!

2 minutes ago, Bravefc said:

Why no FMT update? Its the same ME is it not?

50 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's in submission so hopefully depending on approvals will be available within the next day or so. When we have any further info we'll make an announcement.

Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

This is the kind of thing I'm referring to about dribbling. A lot of instances like this:

Opp instructions on Maddison to press hard, tackle hard, shove on to left foot. None of which seem to happen. There seems to be too many instances of this kind of thing happening, players just dribbling past defenders unchallenged.

I'm seeing the same thing. 

1 minute ago, Weller1980 said:

Yes of course and nothing has changed! Nothing has changed for such a long time. You must notice it yourself.

I've genuinely noticed a big difference between the various updates .. this one has improved my experience massively so far.. bit early to tell for sure yet though of course.

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

I've genuinely noticed a big difference between the various updates .. this one has improved my experience massively so far.. bit early to tell for sure yet though of course.

Well I'm surprised, the ME im using is bad. Watch a round of ai v ai games with goals only and you will notice trends in goals scored no one can deny it because its a fact, set peices, crosses and long shot rince and repeat. Come on people surly this isn't good enough. 

45 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

This is the kind of thing I'm referring to about dribbling. A lot of instances like this:

You got also Tight marking allways on Madison and STR? Theres also a double marking to STR

Edited by Pasonen

@Sticx I've removed the last part of your post. To you and everyone else, please keep your feedback to the game only. Comments on SI are neither wanted nor warranted. We have mentioned this enough times now that should it continue, there will be very little leeway given kB action taken, so please heed this. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Well I'm surprised, the ME im using is bad. Watch a round of ai v ai games with goals only and you will notice trends in goals scored no one can deny it because its a fact, set peices, crosses and long shot rince and repeat. Come on people surly this isn't good enough. 

Who just sits there watching Ai vs Ai? I don’t care what the Ai is doing with itself. I care about the Ai of MY team. I can manipulate that. I haven’t tried this new ME yet, but in the last ‘live’ version I’ve been scoring all sorts of goals.

58 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah Jack mentioned in my thread when the Beta came out that it wouldn't be in the ME patch, but should be in the WTU patch - glad it's been spotted/addressed though, that's the most important thing, so I'll wait a few weeks for that one - thanks!

Edited by stevemc

I'm sure people who watch AI v AI games have their reasons (apart from finding a stick to beat SI with). But I've played this game forever and never, not once, looked at an all-AI game. Why would I care?

5 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Watching the AI games shows how flawed the ME is towards open play

Not necessarily. If both AI teams are using the standard AI setup of narrow defensive tactics, there can't possibly be any central play. So it wouldn't be an ME issue, it would be an AI issue.

2 minutes ago, warlock said:

I'm sure people who watch AI v AI games have their reasons (apart from finding a stick to beat SI with). But I've played this game forever and never, not once, looked at an all-AI game. Why would I care?

Err...Attending games to scout a player perhaps?  

2 минуты назад, sparkyunited сказал:

Err...Attending games to scout a player perhaps?  

or check AI team before important game. Like ChL Spring Stage. Some little changes after this and it could be very helpful 

2 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Well whatever the reason at the end of the day central play, open play and through balls very rarely happen, regardless of my tactics or AI tactics. I don't get why people defend it, you must get bored watching the same type of goals being scored over and over again

Thats just not true. Theres a lot of variety in goals after the 20.2.4 patch. Just watched my friend score a goal from breakaway, and volley inside box surrounded with defenders. Its completely different game compared to what public beta was.

Updated to 20.2.4

New save, first game of the season : SEVEN one on one with the Gk ... ALL MISSED !!!

Really ? Really SI ??? SEVEN ( 7 ) ???

Callum Wilson has 17 finishing ... really ?

What do i need ? A player with 20 finishing to score a one on one ???

6 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Thats just not true. Theres a lot of variety in goals after the 20.2.4 patch. Just watched my friend score a goal from breakaway, and volley inside box surrounded with defenders. Its completely different game compared to what public beta was.

I never said it didn't happen I said it rarely happens, I bet your next 10 goals came from either crosses, set peices or long shots. 

14 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Well whatever the reason at the end of the day central play, open play and through balls very rarely happen, regardless of my tactics or AI tactics. I don't get why people defend it, you must get bored watching the same type of goals being scored over and over again

I’m scoring all sorts actually. Screamers, corners, free kicks, throw ins, scrambles, through balls from deep, crosses from deep, wide and close. 

The only type of goal I see very rarely is a through ball from just outside the area. But then I don’t play with an AMC and I play a counter based tactic. Headers seem to be a little lacking, although when I had Haaland he scored quite a few :)

5 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Updated to 20.2.4

New save, first game of the season : SEVEN one on one with the Gk ... ALL MISSED !!!

A tactical tweak? 

4 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

I don`t think you understand : the tactic produced 7 one on one with the Gk , Bournemouth vs Liverpool

What more do you need?

It`s not the tactic, it`s the ME

Yeah, I used to see this too. Then I changed my tactic about a bit and I’m not seeing this anymore :)

(not new ME)

16 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Updated to 20.2.4

To be fair I haven't had this issue at all since the public beta-patch and now I think it's even better.

1 minute ago, Karnack said:

To be fair I haven't had this issue at all since the public beta-patch and now I think it's even better.

I can't wait to test this out when I get home tonight.  I've been creating loads of 1on1s.  I suspect that it will be harder to create those easy chances after the adjustment.  I've been looking forward to this update for a long time.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Ronaldo Beckham:

I uninstalled FM2020 and re-installed it but still got the same issue, it just seems stuck on the start up screen.

Can one of the mods on here help please

I've played five games on the new patch and, to be honest, it's not much better than the public beta. My observations:

• Players' first inclination is still to get the ball out wide as soon as possible. Passing into the feet of a striker or attacking midfielder is seldom the first option, even if these players are in better positions for a pass.
  • Players are dribbling through each other like there's no collision detection at all. It's back to pre-public beta levels.
  • Strikers on support roles remain passive once they've released the ball. They rarely attack the penalty area. 
  • The majority of crosses still go to the back post and are still flighted despite using "Low Crosses" instruction.
  • My goals so far: rebound tap-in, back post header from a set-piece, back post header from an open play cross, long shot, penalty, penalty, long shot.
  • Loopy headers are no longer a thing.
  • Clearances have more power behind them. 
  • My centre backs seem to be getting out-jumped by players smaller than them on an alarmingly regular basis.
  • I can't comment on the quality of finishing yet as I'm still to see a clear, open play chance. 
Edited by JEinchy

49 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I uninstalled FM2020 and re-installed it but still got the same issue, it just seems stuck on the start up screen.

Can one of the mods on here help please

image.thumb.png.6ea7b40bf0c394e73f97fc8b5177b07f.png

Hi,

I had this same problem. Just bought a new computer and was eagerly to start my first new game in FM2020. But this happened, followed all the guide and such to find a way to start it.

For me, my computer got an integrated Iris card, the program called Intel Graphics Command Center did the trick. I started it up, made it search for games, found FM2020 and made a profile for it. In this profile I edited 'anti-aliasing' so this was 'application controlled' rather than 'always off'. Started FM2020 and voilà my game started up perfectly, and has done so ever after.