England V Belgium 1900 BST ITV1 + Tunisia V Panama ITV4

decapitated

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, daylight said:

I'm actually watching the footy on a Belgium channel, the commentator does get excited! :D 
They, the Belgians, also believe.

They're one of the teams I'd like to see win it. When we beat them in the QF and qualifiers recently, their fans have always been humble & generous in their praise. Makes me like them a little bit.

19 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

If we get to a semi final to lose to Spain or Croatia we'll still be talking about how good a run it was in 30 years. Not so much a quarters exit to Brazil. And going out to Japan would be remembered for different reasons...

well that's an idiots mentality IMO, **** a great run. It's about winning

If anything, this match has probably been a testament to how fallible England are against above-average sides. Belgium looked really good, even playing a pretty b-stream side, so they're looking contenders to go far imo. Colombia should dismantle England pretty easily by the looks of things.

Just now, Confused Clarity said:

They're one of the teams I'd like to see win it. When we beat them in the QF and qualifiers recently, their fans have always been humble & generous in their praise. Makes me like them a little bit.

Although I live in Holland I always watch the footy on the Belgium channel, they are just a lot more fun to watch and listen to.

Just now, RedNomad said:

If anything, this match has probably been a testament to how fallible England are against above-average sides. Belgium looked really good, even playing a pretty b-stream side, so they're looking contenders to go far imo. Colombia should dismantle England pretty easily by the looks of things.

Are you aware we played our 2nd string?

Just now, RedNomad said:

Colombia should dismantle England pretty easily by the looks of things.

Not sure if fishing for a response here, but I make England favourites to beat Colombia.

Just now, RedNomad said:

why do you qualify the Belgian lineup as being a b-team but not the same for England?

3 minutes ago, RedNomad said:

Well, they're squad is a lot better than ours. That's news to no one. 

I don't think anyone learnt anything from this game. 

5 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Before the game people wanted us to lose so we get an "easier" draw. Now we have people complain about us losing :D

You do realise it's probably not the same people complaining about both right? :D 

Just now, cms186 said:

why do you qualify the Belgian lineup as being a b-team but not the same for England?

They sure did, but if anything that just means that England lack real depth? Idk man, just taking a pretty neutral approach.

:seagull:

We wont beat Colombia. No chance, well, we might if we catch them on a bad day. Is it really worth sacraficing an easier game against Japan for a very tough one against Colombia just to avoid Brazil? Not for me.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Biggest concern for England should be that defense hasn't been tested at all.

Two games against terrible teams and now they sit the third game out.
Can't gain any chemistry like that.

But Belgium, Croatia, France etc, etc, can? 

I love how all the rules are completely different for England. :brock:

Archived