Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

I just had a match where I had 7 CCCs and 13 HCs and 1 goal. And somehow the opposing keeper had a 6.6 rating. I really think both defending and finishing need to be improved.

CCC's seem to be broken at the moment so I wouldn't read too much into them. I don't know if the actual stat is broken or just the 3D visual interpretation of them but as an example I had a game yesterday where my attackers had three one on one chances. The opposition keeper saved them all and yet the final match analysis stated my team didn't create a single clear cut chance and only created two half chances.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just had a match where I had 7 CCCs and 13 HCs and 1 goal. And somehow the opposing keeper had a 6.6 rating. I really think both defending and finishing need to be improved.

The CCC is a very loose subjective interpretation of an already subjective stat. It's given far more importance by users than it warrants, certainly in it's current state.

Something annoys me like the strikers getting alone in a counter-attack, running, just him and the goalkeeper, he is able to accel more but not, he starts to reduce the speed when he gets close the area, being caught by defenders. This is ridiculos, almost no 1x1 goal really.

Something that's annoyed me for a long time in FM. Forwards with 18 pace, acc and good dribbling being caught by carthorse centre backs.

That and players shooting from the byline..

Just became aware of something i've seen countless times but never really given a thought.

Rodriguez is my ML. I've just made the changes to substiute Rodriguez with Sergio.

I moved Sergio to the MC position and Hajji out to the ML position.

Now, it says that the time of the sub is in the 82nd minute.

I'm at 81:56 now and the ball is still in play.

I'm using a custom team ratings widget panel and a custom skin, but it registers the same way in the official skin and panel.

Is it meant to be that way or is it something worth mentioning in the b-forum?

It happens every time that the subs i'm making shows up immediately on the widget, regardless if it has happened in the match or not.

Then it sorts of shifts it back to pre-sub and then back again to post-sub when the substitution actually happens.

It's been like that since day one.

2518aed95b348f7e0724d5ac8b54c154.png

-EDIT-

Substitution happened at 82:40 and the widget updates to 83rd minute.

It's like the artificial players all want to recreate that one goal Andrei Arshavin scored.

Can you elaborate? Arshavin did score more than once.

Something annoys me like the strikers getting alone in a counter-attack, running, just him and the goalkeeper, he is able to accel more but not, he starts to reduce the speed when he gets close the area, being caught by defenders. This is ridiculos, almost no 1x1 goal really.

I can understand players slowing down when running with the ball to a certain degree, that happens in real life too. I think the thing that really limits the amount of one-on-ones put away is the awful angles players take when clean through.

You can get players with 16+ finishing, composure and decisions but they'll still largely run straight down the middle when through on goal and it mostly ends up in them firing straight at the keeper or well wide because the angle is so bad.

I must say I am finding the transfer system and board decisions really tough to understand this year. In one of my saves I finished 2nd with West Ham. All I spent during the first season was 5 million on Lanzini. I recouped about 4 million in sales. So I finish 2nd with Champions League qualification and a major new TV deal coming in at the start of the 2016/2017 season (is this in FM?) - So what do the board give me? A transfer budget for the next season of a whopping 3.4 million?!?!?! You can't buy a players left boot for that!!

I can't now get Jenkinson and Moses back on loan because I am now considered a divisional rival to their respective Clubs where in a previous save neither would come because I didn't qualify for European football. I can't win!! I now can't afford to buy them not just due to my micro transfer budget but because their respective Clubs are asking for fortunes and value their players in the 40M and 60M brackets,. Ok, maybe I should sell someone but Doneil Henry can't be loaned out or sold even at nothing despite being a Canadian International, I try and boost the coffers by selling 2.4M rated Matt Jarvis and he just goes for free and the offers coming in for my best players who I ideally don't want to sell never go above 7-12 M which is peanuts compared to what Clubs are asking for replacements. Even average players are valued at absolute fortunes and yet the AI comes in with derisory bids for mine and when you try and haggle they just walk away.

It seems very strange that after such a good season it looks like I will end up with a worse team than I had in the previous season which seems a tad harsh for my efforts as when it comes to squad building my hands are tied.

I must say I am finding the transfer system and board decisions really tough to understand this year. In one of my saves I finished 2nd with West Ham. All I spent during the first season was 5 million on Lanzini. I recouped about 4 million in sales. So I finish 2nd with Champions League qualification and a major new TV deal coming in at the start of the 2016/2017 season (is this in FM?) - So what do the board give me? A transfer budget for the next season of a whopping 3.4 million?!?!?! You can't buy a players left boot for that!!

2nd place gets you £20million in prize money. You also get approx £90million in TV money spread over the season. If after this, you're only being given £3.4million as a transfer budget would suggest all that money is being earmarked elsewhere. What's the projection for the next three seasons in the finances screen? Also, don't West Ham move to the Olympic Stadium from the 2nd season onwards? Perhaps the board are keeping money back to pay for that.

It could also be that you're close to the FFP threshold, so the board are holding money back from you so you don't push it over.

There's a multitude of reasons, I'm sure you'll be able to find out if you dig hard enough.

2nd place gets you £20million in prize money. You also get approx £90million in TV money spread over the season. If after this, you're only being given £3.4million as a transfer budget would suggest all that money is being earmarked elsewhere. What's the projection for the next three seasons in the finances screen? Also, don't West Ham move to the Olympic Stadium from the 2nd season onwards? Perhaps the board are keeping money back to pay for that.

It could also be that you're close to the FFP threshold, so the board are holding money back from you so you don't push it over.

There's a multitude of reasons, I'm sure you'll be able to find out if you dig hard enough.

I quit the save in disgust Dave!!!! Where do you find the projection I'll take a look in future saves,. I'm playing FMT and must confess I don't find the finance screens as easy to roam an eye over this year, maybe it's watered down compared to full fat.

I wish the devs leaves mainpart of the game like it is instead of implementing more stuff and once and for all produce an ME that you have use for than just to work as cosmetic. Its just so poor in current state and also feels like some of the factors affecting the team is broken. Which one of them i have no clue, but something is not right this year and its definitely not giving you a good feel.

The away games factor i also way to overpowered.

Not much makes any sense in FM16 (Frustrated Manager 16). Despite tactics, despite teams with good results i must say (and a few poor), nothing makes any sense. Its just randomly programmed and to scripted code with an ME that doesnt show what actually happends on the field. So easy to tell when you or opponent is going to score, can tell early in a game if you gonna win or loose the game pretty much.

Then to the shots, 100% of them is taken when its 100% sure its gonna be blocked, when the actual player has a good opportunity he doesnt shoot, oh yea he shoots when aiming for the cornerflag too.

Defenders dont defend, they stand about looking like 5 year olds no matter what instructions and just 1 striker can score with ease despite 4-5 defenders around, realism that lol, so by other means ME has decicded a goal and that is what it shows on screen. Oh yea, forgot they do some tackling but only to swing the ball to another opponent, otherwise they are rare.

Goalkeepers looks cloned from handball and not from football.

The crosses, i sometimes want to use some other tactic, but really dont show much difference as it used to, the scoring from crosses is still there like a scripted animated boring loop. Its fun even to loose if you get the gameplay looking good etc, its not all bout results. I want to see the impcat on the pitch from the tactic instructions i set or when iam using ingame "gametalk". There is nada of that.

In my own opinion you were ahead of your time once, now its lacking and feels more like a quick money grab than its 100% made with love and affection as it all started out as:). Hope is still there for this brand to get shiny for me once again.

Regards

I quit the save in disgust Dave!!!! Where do you find the projection I'll take a look in future saves,. I'm playing FMT and must confess I don't find the finance screens as easy to roam an eye over this year, maybe it's watered down compared to full fat.

Aye, FMC doesn't show the 3-year projection for whatever reason, because most of the rest of the stuff from the finances screen of the full game is there. However, there is a debt and loans tab, you'd probably find a huge loan to pay for the stadium or something in there.

I'd like to thank the SI team for finding a way of curing my addiction to the FM series.

For this game to be in this state at the end of January is ridiculous. Usually I find SI to be good at fixing glaring errors, but the defending on this game is laughable. Unfortunately because the finishing is so bad, the stats will look fine, so I won't hold my breath over any fixes to the ME.

My biggest issue is defending. Pressing is a complete mess. Multiple players press the same man, which is why there are so many goals from crosses. My two CB's often press the same man, which leaves a huge space in behind to be exploited.

Also, player ratings need fixing. My RB has received MOTM in all 6 games so far this season because of his high key passes percentage (because defending is a mess).

I feel like this series has been in decline over the last few years, although at least I got something out of those games. FM 16 though is a different matter. There is nothing that grabs me, nothing that actually makes me want to play.

Also it might just be a freak occurrence, but my team have missed all three penalties this season. The reason why I bring this up is that SI have never seemed to have found a balance with penalties. In 14 every penalty was pretty much scored, in 13 it was 50/50

Is there any point of unsettling AI players? The amount of players I've made bids for and unsettled yet the clubs NEVER back down and sell them.

Case in point is a right-back from Palermo who I want to bring in. He's 21 and looks to have great potential, valued at £6m. Palermo have just been relegated to Serie B and I've offered £30m, he's complained to his manager saying he wants to go and they won't budge!

It's an absolute pain when one of our players moan and unsettle the squad but the AI just don't seem to care and shrug it off.

Is there any point of unsettling AI players? The amount of players I've made bids for and unsettled yet the clubs NEVER back down and sell them.

Case in point is a right-back from Palermo who I want to bring in. He's 21 and looks to have great potential, valued at £6m. Palermo have just been relegated to Serie B and I've offered £30m, he's complained to his manager saying he wants to go and they won't budge!

It's an absolute pain when one of our players moan and unsettle the squad but the AI just don't seem to care and shrug it off.

If you keep the pressure by making occasional offers & using the media to keep the interest public then eventually the club might start this drop their demands as the player's contract runs down, of course as irl this could take more than one transfer window.

As a general rule AI managers do stand their ground more often when dealing with a want-away player, maybe this is something that more Human managers should be looking to copy.

Is FFP as harsh IRL as it is on the game. I was banned from CL with Inter; PSG and Man City faced fines? Also the little red section told me i'd face no sanctions.

No they are not & this is something I would like SI to remedy in the future.

If you keep the pressure by making occasional offers & using the media to keep the interest public then eventually the club might start this drop their demands as the player's contract runs down, of course as irl this could take more than one transfer window.

As a general rule AI managers do stand their ground more often when dealing with a want-away player, maybe this is something that more Human managers should be looking to copy.

I get that and it's a fair point - I do tend to stand my ground unless they're not a key player.

I upped my bid to £40m on deadline day and they still didn't budge. Are there any recently relegated teams that would turn down £40m for a right-back in real life? I'd say almost 100% no.

Can you elaborate? Arshavin did score more than once.

Arshavin's first goal for Arsenal was against Blackburn Rovers. He received a pass down the left, dribbled inside and basically from the intersection of the byline and the six-yard box beat Paul Robinson at the near post. It was implausible to say the least.

I get that and it's a fair point - I do tend to stand my ground unless they're not a key player.

I upped my bid to £40m on deadline day and they still didn't budge. Are there any recently relegated teams that would turn down £40m for a right-back in real life? I'd say almost 100% no.

Are there any recently relegated team that have received offers anywhere near £40m for a player?

tbh it doesn't side right & the SI testing team are the guys to ask as they'll be able to look at how the AI has arrived at their valuation of the player.

Another consideration is how the player reacted, other than asking to leave has he behaved in a way you'd expect when a club in a higher division shows an interest?

Are there any recently relegated team that have received offers anywhere near £40m for a player?

tbh it doesn't side right & the SI testing team are the guys to ask as they'll be able to look at how the AI has arrived at their valuation of the player.

Another consideration is how the player reacted, other than asking to leave has he behaved in a way you'd expect when a club in a higher division shows an interest?

Well, generally speaking teams that are near relegation don't have players that good. They've been taken by bigger, better clubs already.

One possible example is the Carlos Tevez transfer from West Ham. They'd only barely avoided relegation, and after a single season Tevez moved for £20m, which was a chunk more then than now. On the other hand the Tevez transfers were irregular anyway and not a good standard for anything.

Perhaps another example is Lukas Podolski, who moved to Bayern in 2006/7 for about ten million Euro from relegated Koln. He also went to Arsenal for a similar fee, though that was later and he was a much-diminished player. Ten million Euro in 2006 isn't £40m in 2016/17, but it's close enough to be getting on with, I think.

Make the in-game editor much less immersive (or allow me to turn it on and off). I had not bought this game since the 2013 version and just got the 2016 one a few days ago and purchased the in-game editor along with it, envisioning it as something a bit different than what it ended up being. Perhaps that is because I did try the famous unofficial one out there a few years ago and expected this one to be similar.

Specifically, my issue is how incorporated it is in the game. I think my biggest issue is when I go to personalize my squad page by clicking on "Custom" and then "Customize Current View ...," hidden values are included on that list right with non-hidden ones with no notation whatsoever as to which belongs in which category. Of course, I know that ones like "Important Matches" are hidden, but there are other ones that I am not so sure about, and I don't want to accidentally view information that is supposed to be hidden from me.

Also, if you click on "Scouting" and then "Quick Search," hidden attributes are available there. However, I think they are clearly noted there, so that would be fine if they are. (In other words, does avoiding "Attributes - Hidden," "FM In-Game Editor" and "Hidden" keep the game "normal" when searching for players?)

I purchased the in-game editor so that I could further personalize my own profile as well as have the ability to change competition names. I have no plans to change (or view) anything else and otherwise want the game to be as "true" as possible, but I am worried that I will accidentally view things that I should not be viewing. Point being, I would greatly prefer there be a way to turn on and off the in-game editor once I am in the midst of a save (and I don't mean changing that setting which removes the pen/pencil icon at the top right of the page; I want the ability to also remove my ability to accidentally stumble across hidden values).

Penalty shootouts are bizarre to say the least. Just lost a shootout 2-1 to Liverpool and all penalties bar one were straight at the keeper, two of those he dived so were scored. So that means 1 out of 10 was placed in the corner. Not moaning about just mine the Liverpool ones were just as bad. Noticed this in normal penalties as well the number that are hit straight and the keeper just stands there.

really need to improve recognition of repetition of journalism questions. 3 times in a row i've been asked does killic need to be at a bigger club for a int call up.

happens a lot indeed. press was asking me the same question about one player for 3 seasons every few months. i guess he was young and had potential but he rarely played for me and had only one good season while he was on loan at my rival 3 years ago.

I'd like to thank the SI team for finding a way of curing my addiction to the FM series.

For this game to be in this state at the end of January is ridiculous. Usually I find SI to be good at fixing glaring errors, but the defending on this game is laughable. Unfortunately because the finishing is so bad, the stats will look fine, so I won't hold my breath over any fixes to the ME.

My biggest issue is defending. Pressing is a complete mess. Multiple players press the same man, which is why there are so many goals from crosses. My two CB's often press the same man, which leaves a huge space in behind to be exploited.

Also, player ratings need fixing. My RB has received MOTM in all 6 games so far this season because of his high key passes percentage (because defending is a mess).

I feel like this series has been in decline over the last few years, although at least I got something out of those games. FM 16 though is a different matter. There is nothing that grabs me, nothing that actually makes me want to play.

Also it might just be a freak occurrence, but my team have missed all three penalties this season. The reason why I bring this up is that SI have never seemed to have found a balance with penalties. In 14 every penalty was pretty much scored, in 13 it was 50/50

Genuinely thought I cracked it with a 2-0 win in the league followed by a 6-1 over PSG (which sums up how flawed this game is)

Obviously though I lose 1-0 at home to Stoke with them scoring with their first shot and my side missing 7 CCC's. Just a random game this, no real logic involved.

Genuinely thought I cracked it with a 2-0 win in the league followed by a 6-1 over PSG (which sums up how flawed this game is)

Obviously though I lose 1-0 at home to Stoke with them scoring with their first shot and my side missing 7 CCC's. Just a random game this, no real logic involved.

A permanently disgruntled Arsenal fan, presumably playing as Arsenal, is never going to go smoothly. Your varied results are likely due to a tactical issue. You can't score six in a match unless you have a pretty aggressive system. Sounds like Stoke just countered you to be honest.

A permanently disgruntled Arsenal fan, presumably playing as Arsenal, is never going to go smoothly. Your varied results are likely due to a tactical issue. You can't score six in a match unless you have a pretty aggressive system. Sounds like Stoke just countered you to be honest.

With AJW being an Arsenal fan you would think he would understand varied results given Arsenal lost 2-1 at West Brom and 4-0 at Southampton this season after several matches unbeaten.

With AJW being an Arsenal fan you would think he would understand varied results given Arsenal lost 2-1 at West Brom and 4-0 at Southampton this season after several matches unbeaten.

Yeah this is entirely different. We lost at Southampton due to our issues with pressing and West Brom was a combination of injuries and our usual struggles away to Pulis.

However, you two miss my gripe. It's not that I lost, it's how the entire game panned out. I created 7 CCC's most of which come from Ozil just hitting the ball over the top and letting Walcott run in behind. It was just... so easy. Defenders split and pushed high up the pitch but yet no one really pressed Ozil either. This happened when I won at Southampton too, where Walcott was getting all this joy. It reminded me of the early FM's where pace was king, although this felt far more extreme.

I've just got a massive issue with defending on this game. It's far too easy to create chances (and for chances to be created against you) but finishing is so bad that the scores look somewhat realistic. The games don't resemble football matches to me and as a result it's dull and frustrating to watch when at the end of the day this is meant to be a game.

it's dull and frustrating to watch when at the end of the day this is meant to be a game.

And you know the best thing about it being a game and not real life? If you don't like it, you can switch it off and never play it again.

That's what I do when I play a game I so obviously dislike. FM seems to be one of these games that people torture themselves to the point of insanity with instead of simply putting it off and going off to do something else instead.

Penalty shootouts are bizarre to say the least. Just lost a shootout 2-1 to Liverpool and all penalties bar one were straight at the keeper, two of those he dived so were scored. So that means 1 out of 10 was placed in the corner. Not moaning about just mine the Liverpool ones were just as bad. Noticed this in normal penalties as well the number that are hit straight and the keeper just stands there.

I recently had a penalty shootout where the first 16 penalties were all scored, until one player (with a penalty rating of 3) finally missed.

wjct9x.png

Please give some antidepressants to players. They're always unhappy. Even backup players want first team play and become unhappy.

There's nothing wrong with players wanting conversations about game time. How the conversation goes is far more important.

Two of my key players (one Algerian, one Ivorian) have just missed a league game and a Champions League quarter-final because they're on international duty. Why the hell are African Cup of Nations qualifiers held at the same time as scheduled European domestic fixtures? Is this a bug?
Just had this myself.

I've given up ever hoping they will sort this. It's just one of the game's annoying quirks for me now. Even more annoying when you have players away for pointless International U19/U21 games for a Europa League final!!

Not got that far in FM16 yet, but not surprised that old familiar friend is still around. :(

Question... I am a Guiseley fan and checking out their web site we play in the vanarama nation league then our U21 squad plays in

U21 Premier League and then we have our U19 squad play in U19s Youth Alliance League... anyone know if this will be fixed in a future update or not until fm17?

I've given up ever hoping they will sort this. It's just one of the game's annoying quirks for me now. Even more annoying when you have players away for pointless International U19/U21 games for a Europa League final!!

Not got that far in FM16 yet, but not surprised that old familiar friend is still around. :(

This is exactly what bothers me about what direction is the game going. Instead of adding pointless fluff and features, Essential stuff needs to be looked at pronto.

For example the press conference and interviews logic has been the same since it was introduced, team talks have been the same and the presentation of the match is so basic that it's laughable really. These features are such a let down that a new version where they were removed had to be created. But still I see a very healthy environment in this forum and we can only hope that the core of the game doesn't go wth the wind like so many other titles.

I bought FM16 after 3 years of playing FM13, so it was a fairly big change and 3 years of development have been in between those two versions of games. At first ME looked a bit unfamiliar, because player movement and everything on pitch was a bit different from FM13. In first sight it even looked unrealistic.

Recently I've noticed that when watching real life football, I recognize player and ball movements that are common in FM matches, also in real life football. This feeling is difficult to explain and it might be hidden in small things that weren't there in FM13 - like how player turns with ball or when his back is towards goal or where is his first choices of passing or how defenders come from behind striker to intercept passes or dive to block crosses etc. and all that makes me smile because it's more and more like watching real football match.

I understand that many of players here are not happy with ME. There are a lot of faults, of cours, and always will be, because let's be honest - we demand realism from computer game and it's a huge task to accomplish for any developer. I just wanted to point out that while perfection might be some distance away, I really appreciate all the work done in those 3 years.

This is exactly what bothers me about what direction is the game going. Instead of adding pointless fluff and features, Essential stuff needs to be looked at pronto.

For example the press conference and interviews logic has been the same since it was introduced, team talks have been the same and the presentation of the match is so basic that it's laughable really. These features are such a let down that a new version where they were removed had to be created. But still I see a very healthy environment in this forum and we can only hope that the core of the game doesn't go wth the wind like so many other titles.

With respect, that's completely and utterly wrong. Fm touch is an expanded version of Classic, for people who wanted the ME but a much more streamlined version. People really shouldn't be trying to make up the intentions of why things are done if they don't know.

Essential stuff is always looked at. Some parts of the game far more complex than others, and work on those areas will take a longer time. It's as simple as that.

Just can't catch a break atm.

In the middle of a massive injury crisis. (six players injured on international duty). I play City away, set up to play deep and on the counter. I go 1-0 up early on and do well to contain them, Cech stopping them the very few times they breach the defence.

Obviously then Cech gets injured CATCHING THE BALL and I have to bring Ospina in. Clichy scores one of those awful cross shots that have been a bug for years now and they scrape a point.

Oh and Cech is now out for 9 weeks because catching a ball with no one around him caused his shoulder to pop out. Ok then.

It seems like almost all my quality attacks are coming from right side. I've played about 7 teams including top, middle and lower team with different tactics and for all these team the best players with most assists/successful crosses comes from

right back or right wingers. Match analysis always shows the best passing coming from right side. Something is not right here...

Guest El Payaso
There's nothing wrong with players wanting conversations about game time. How the conversation goes is far more important.

There is. IRL for example Bony and Begovic do know where they signed when they joined as rotation/backup roles. If the first option is fit, then they won't play and still neither of these has handed transfer request. On FM you can sign either of them already in January.

There is. IRL for example Bony and Begovic do know where they signed when they joined as rotation/backup roles. If the first option is fit, then they won't play and still neither of these has handed transfer request. On FM you can sign either of them already in January.

If it's as clear cut as that, it would be quite easy to get them to back down again and just accept that they're not first choice. That was my point.

Just can't catch a break atm.

In the middle of a massive injury crisis. (six players injured on international duty). I play City away, set up to play deep and on the counter. I go 1-0 up early on and do well to contain them, Cech stopping them the very few times they breach the defence.

Obviously then Cech gets injured CATCHING THE BALL and I have to bring Ospina in. Clichy scores one of those awful cross shots that have been a bug for years now and they scrape a point.

Oh and Cech is now out for 9 weeks because catching a ball with no one around him caused his shoulder to pop out. Ok then.

Be careful man! The FM police will be out for your jury!

This year ME is all about crossing. If you dont like it you can still change your wide defenders to FB - Defend but expect much less shots on target. Crosses are overpowered in current state - exploit it or wait for fix :)

i love ppl like you, always thinking you can just wave a magic wand over the match engine and everything will be ok, if they reduced crossed goals from the present match engine then they have to compensate in other areas, you cant just take out a big chunk of goals and not replace them in other areas, not as simple as reduced crossed goals, or a fix would alrdy be here.

I still can't win away. The only difference between my home and away games are that my team just don't finish their chances. That's it. How do I solve that?

You won't be able to get any specific advice, without detailing specific details about your system. If you feel like doing that, please do so in the Tactics subforum.

Archived