Have you ever skipped version of FM to continue playing an old save?

Have you ever skipped a version of FM to keep playing an old save? If so, which one[s]?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever skipped a version of FM to keep playing an old save? If so, which one[s]?

• No
    • FM15
    • FM14
    • FM13
    • FM12
    • FM11
    • FM10
    • FM09
    • FM08
    • FM07
    • FM06
    • Other

I bought FM07 and since then only FM10 and FM14. I don't get too much time to play so it seems silly to buy every year as I would only play a couple of seasons per version

Trust me, you really notice the improvements when you don't buy for 3-4 years!!

Its every second year it seems to improve.

Example

FM2008 - Improved

FM2009 - Cash Cow

FM2010 - Improved

FM2011 - Cashcow

If that makes sense. They spent far too much resources and time changing the presentation more than adding features if you ask me. Miles won't put in the ability for you as manager to spend your in-game wage on anything (Not that I am for that by the way), Yet he is happy to have the movember feature. It's borderline insulting. The entire UI is a giant step backwards. Stop messing around with the UI every year and put some features into this game. People are slowly waking up.

I play every other year to max out my saves-had a really enjoyable one on FM13 with Staines Town, who I took up through the leagues to Premier league and European glory. I kept that save going as I had a couple of regens from the youth academy I wanted to see through. Now launching a new journeyman career on FM15

Wouldnt say I skip a version, but I definitely have had moments where I dont play a particular version as much compared to others. I remember clocking up over 1000 hours on FM11. On the other hand, FM was around about 800 hours, and then FM 12 and 13 were both under 500 hours. Have lost interest over the past 2 years.

I skipped 13, which was the last big ME overhaul. I was still knee-deep in a save on 12, and figured 13 would still be reasonably unpolished as so much had changed. At the time I also couldn't get on with the new UI of 13 at all- as much as I hate 15's awful tactics screen, the sidebar has been a far less dramatic change to get used to than the change from 12-13. I think it was a good call.

Every year I say I'm going to skip the next one to concentrate on good saves from current versions, and every year I end up buying it anyway.

I was adamant I wasn't going to buy FM15 though. FM14 is by miles my favourite in the series, and I have a number of great saves on it. No need to get this years I said. I'll finally skip one...

...pre-ordered it and played 100+ hours on the beta.

Damn you SI :p

Didnt skip FM 14 but i wish i would because it was awful.:-)

Liked FM 13 after the last patch and after i finally knew what to do. FM 15 looks very promising at the moment too.

same boat as you with FM14 i bought it didn't like it and carried on with my FM13 save

haven't played FM properly since just before 14's release - have the demo for 15 downloaded but not sure if i'm gonna like it coming from 13 and into the current version

It was over 67% to under 33% when I typed it, so I was closer than you were. It has changed since.

It was ~60% when I first posted what you quoted, ~60% when I saw your post and ~60% again when I saw this one. You also quote my post and diddled the number for no particularly good reason. 40%, 30%, even 5% is quite interesting. Also worth noting again:

Or nearly 70% of respondents have never once skipped a version for any reason. Statistics.....

No, it wasn't any reason, the thread title and poll clearly state "to continue playing an old save". For even 5% of the main customer base to skip a version would be quite a loss of sales. It seems that there is considerable passive demand for some kind of save compatibility one day.

Skipped FM11 because I had fun with FM10 and my computer seemed to be **** so couldnt be arsed to install FM11. Eventually played FM12 when I had a new laptop and after being highly invested into FM12, decided to skip FM13. The reason I installed FM14 was because my girlfriend bought me a copy for my birthday and I'm going to install FM15 as my housemate sent me a gift on Steam for my birthday. Seems awesome to have a birthday in November.

Well I bought FM07 all those years ago and just kept one save going and going. I don't play day in day out but certainly put many hours in. I grabbed then demo of 14 but didn't purchase as was moving.

However im now going to get 15. The changes in that time are huge. It's taking a long time to get to used to everything. Some similarities still which is nice. Think that's the benefit of skipping a few you don't get the feeling of "not many changes this year" and "it's a churn"

Just playing the demo at the moment and will start a fresh when I get then actual game.

My first FM was FM10 and since then FM11 is the only one I don't have, I did have it for a bit but gave it to my nephew and continued with my save on FM10.

Even after buying 12,13 and 14 I have still gone back to my 10 save, played several different saves on those games but not really got into them the same as I did with 10.

So in terms of buying them the answer is no, in terms of the games I prefer it is 10 & 12, a lot of frustration with 13,14 and now 15, probably won't get 16 but yeah lol I pretty much said the same about 15 a few weeks ago.

Got an FMC game going on 15 that I will keep playing and I did intend starting another game on the full mode but now thinking about going back to 12 for that game.

Never skipped any of them. That said, I suspect this thread is not much more than a thinly veiled pop at FM15 bugs, so it's hardly telling us much.

I still keep a couple of old FM on hand for nostalgia purposes where I can edit (cheat) and have a little fun.

I was really close to doing it this year - I'm kinda limited how much time I have to play FM.

Played my save to 2021 and was so close to making Blackburn the best team in Europe. Had a young squad which were getting close to playing to their potential... But once a new FM is out I can't help it! I buy it and start over... eventhough I feel I have unfinished business.

I'm still playing my FM 07 and will continue to do so.

I first got CM 01/02 and CM 93/94, then I got FM 2006, then FM 2007, and that's been me done so far. I have all the later FMs up to the ones that require a one-use activation code (i.e. can't be bought preowned), but that's because they were in charity shops for £1.50. Haven't played them.

Multi team manager, currently ten in fm12 save. Simply due to the fact that SI have completely lost their way. 15 from what I can see is a disaster. No accountability in the gaming industry because you will all buy it anyway. Like a kid that does wrong over and over and over. If not told otherwise it thinks all is ok. Buy 15 guys. It's complete streamlined rubbish, but when has that stopped the average primate?

Multi team manager, currently ten in fm12 save. Simply due to the fact that SI have completely lost their way. 15 from what I can see is a disaster. No accountability in the gaming industry because you will all buy it anyway. Like a kid that does wrong over and over and over. If not told otherwise it thinks all is ok. Buy 15 guys. It's complete streamlined rubbish, but when has that stopped the average primate?

FM12? Might have something to do with the fact that it was incredibly easy to exploit pace and win easily? just saying...

Btw, personally most of the times I just delay the purchase by a few weeks to complete an old save. that's what I did this year too, and going back to FM14 would be impossible for me now, the improvements to scouting make the old game seem dumbed down and unrealistic, since one report was enough to know everything about life, death and miracles of each single player.

i just started the game with A.S.D Bra in the lower italian leagues in FM14. i'm skipping FM15 because reviews from the main thread shows lots not too happy with it. hope to continue my FM14 save until FM16.

Technically I bought FM 14, but I could never really get into a game that lasted beyond 3 seasons.

Instead, I kept going back to my FM 13 career game, where I started at Wolves and got them back into the Premiership. We became a consistent top 4 team and won the Euro Cup (a really memorable run beating Inter in the final). After 10 seasons at Wolves, I eventually got offered the job at PSG where I used their resources to build a great young team. As things stand, I am in my 12th season at PSG, making 22 in total.

Trying to resist the urge to continue with my FM 13 save and focus on a FM 15 game.

i'm skipping FM15 because reviews from the main thread shows lots not too happy with it.

You really should have been here the last years. The reaction for FM13 and FM14 was WAY worse. If anything, the reviews here show that people are quite happy with FM15 at this moment.

I have never skipped a version but a friend of mine believe or not still plays FM05 on a near daily basis. He had an old computer for a long time that could only just handle 05 and finally bought a new computer around 4 years ago. He then went out and bought FM11 but didn't like it as it had got "too complicated" for him so he just started playing 05 again. Even my telling him of classic mode has failed to peak his interest and he just happily carries on playing 05 and I don't see that changing any time soon, he's happy doing that which is all that really matters.

Archived