England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

It would be odd that you're really into football and don't know about the time roundabout when you were born. As difficult as it is to become a professional football player you'd think it'd be difficult if it was something you wasn't particularly interested in watching

The question becomes whether he was really into football, maybe not

That's not a crime. I do find that very unusual. When I meet guys that have zero interest in football I also find that unusual just cause I couldn't imagine growing up not loving football :D My brothers aren't really into football tbh (weirdos!!)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've booked flights and accommodation for Estonia on the 12th October... only I missed out on match tickets in the England ballot! Hoping to secure tickets by other means when out there, may have to sit in the home end, who knows. Should be a good trip though.

Actually looking forward to this, feeling some positivity. It's not often England go into a qualifying game as underdogs and I think that'll work into our favour as long as we don't do something stupid early on. Think a win vs Switzerland would be massive, would be a big middle finger to the stirring journalists and (maybe) a bit of positivity for Woy who has taken a battering lately obviously.

I'd take a draw tonight. Obviously the press won't, expect Switzerland-directed xenophobia in tomorrow's rags if we don't collect 3 points.

This is an interesting idea from Hodgson. I probably won't watch the entire game but I'll watch the first half at the very least. Switzerland strongest through the middle so more chance of stifling Switzerland's creativity but could also be tough for England to going... Wilshere at DM is also not his position if you ask me. But it'll be interesting, I am sure.

41212 narrow suits England imo. They lack the men in the middle to get full effectiveness out of wingers.

I know the midfield and strikers, what is the defensive lineup?

Also not sure Delph deserves a call-up but at least Hodgson is unafraid to make brave decisions with this sort of thing.

e: agree with Brett regarding Huddlestone. Better choice for the position than Wilshere anyway.

Yep, think it is Sterling in the diamond. Sterling is good out wide but has flourished so much since moving in the centre that you want to see him out wide.

Clyne should move to a top 4 club or so then he will start at RB. Only way it seems Hodgson picks players.

Stones, Baines and Delph play for who, exactly?

Stones, Baines and Delph play for who, exactly?

Haha, give up. Delph is hardly going to be in the squad (unfortunately) when other players return. Likewise, who is better than Baines at LB? Stones is a great up and coming lad, let's not pretend that he will be at Everton forever.

Archived