England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No need to be so defensive mate - you a Cardiff fan you something? :D

Hart is a very good keeper but not world class (I know you've not said he is but that's pretty much what Townsend was getting at with his comment)

I always get defensive over Hart. People make out like he's another Jamie Marshall all the time and it pisses me off. Hart is probably the only City player I get proper protective over :D

Whipped in a bloody good corner for Jones header too. Still looked dodgy at times mind, but a solid performance nonetheless.
For me, his best contribution was pushing the ball on to Sterling in the buildup to the goal. He knew he didn't have the pace to take advantage of the counter, so did the smart thing.

Tidy finish from Welbeck there. :thup:

Also yes, I agree that Rooney has been good tonight. He's looked lively and he has played the role well, sort of linking everything together - dropping deep and playing Sterling and Welbeck in together (which also looks to be promising).

I think that Sturridge/Sterling/Welbeck is probably your best attacking trio but Rooney/Sterling/Welbeck is not far behind imo and if Rooney is a must-have (he's not, but Woy disagrees) then I'd rather, if I were an England fan, see Sterling/Welbeck around Rooney as Sturridge is a bit too selfish at times I feel.

Great finish from Welbeck. Henry-esque with the way he opens his body up there :cool:

I always get defensive over Hart. People make out like he's another Jamie Marshall all the time and it pisses me off. Hart is probably the only City player I get proper protective over :D

I can understand that, think everyone has a player at their club that they love and will always defend.

For me, his best contribution was pushing the ball on to Sterling in the buildup to the goal. He knew he didn't have the pace to take advantage of the counter, so did the smart thing.

Tidy finish from Welbeck there. :thup:

He did well there, I agree. Moved infield taking the defender that was half-watching Sterling with him, and then passed it out for Sterling that was now free. Intelligent play.

This is an excellent result for England. All other teams are manageable, so an away win against the other good team in the group sets them up for a good campaign.

if you're unhappy after that game you have to be a total bell end.

or a scouser

Good performance' date=' wp England, and actually wp Hodgson.

[b']Now to listen to him call it Englands best performance since 1966 or something equally ridiculous, the bit I hate most.[/b]

Who does DP support again? :D

In fairness he does at least say well played to Roy.

Archived