England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're making a really poor team look competent here.

Organised in defence as I expected them to be, but, he havent exactly used any creativity except for one or two high through-balls that the strikers couldnt control.

We're making a really poor team look competent here.

Organised in defence as I expected them to be, but, he havent exactly used any creativity except for one or two high through-balls that the strikers couldnt control.

They are playing narrow and deep, and we are trying to thread the eye of the needle. If we want to play through the middle we need to widen the pitch

They are playing narrow and deep, and we are trying thread the eye of the needle. If we want to play through the middle we need to widen the pitch

Completely agree with you there, only thing I can't understand is why we're not allowing them to have the middle in terms of when we're attacking and speed up the play when we get the ball wide and get the wider players crossing the ball into the middle instead of slowing down and as you say try to thread the ball through the eye of the needle

This team would be far better dropping one of rooney or sturridge, playing another wide man and having sterling as a number 10

Personally I'd drop Sturridge as he's far too concerned with the spectacular and is more interested in looking to shoot first and then spends ages allowing the defence to reorganise before he passes it. Plus he's basically unable to use his right foot

Having said that IIRC didn't Rooney complain about not playing up front in Fergies last season, saying he was a ST not a AMC

Archived