Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, and the probability of this low stat player existing gets higher as you go down the leagues. How have you neglected to consider this?

You are right that success rate is based on the quality of the opposition, but you ignore that quality of opposition correlates with the level you are at.

Again, the ratings can only be determined against the opposition, not the skill level.

A manager can never really stay true to his tactical principles and concepts, because he needs to adapt them to the current interpretation of the ME.

Sorry, but we'll just need to agree to disagree on this. If you have a solid, logical tactic, and have the players to implement it, train them well, be patient with it (and have some good luck with injuries, etc), then you should have success no matter what build of the ME you're playing with.

• Administrators
Performance

- Fixed lag/crash in the Steam Workshop with lots of custom graphics installed

Still crashing here.

Clear your cache: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Make sure you're on 14.1.3 (see bottom right on start screen)

• Administrators
Well, now I can't even get in the game. It keeps loading without end before the main screen. I thought it might be about the graphics folder, but it wasn't.

Raise it in the Tech forum here and we'll try to help - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

We've just released a small update to make the game version 14.1.3, details can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369850-Football-Manager-2014-Update-14.1.3-OUT-NOW?p=9153120#post9153120

Thanks.

So, you're telling us that you've been able to get rid of the low ratings bug without messing around with ME, but you coudn't cope with high ratings in the same way? Or you just thought ME needed some serious tweaking, so you ve messed it up completely with the lates ME patch...

Uh-oh.

Updated the game and launch it. It goes 'Not responsive' after sitting at the loading screen (where is cycles through what I presume is loading in various other languages) for a couple of minutes without ever getting to the main menu screen where you can start a new game or load a previous one.

EDIT - HA! Apparently the fix is to bitch about it on the forums. It finally got to the main menu screen after ~5 minutes.

Again, the ratings can only be determined against the opposition, not the skill level.

You say "Again" as though you are repeating something you said previously.

I disagree. Success rate is dependent on the opposition

This is nonsense as usual. You could put me on a pitch against 11 corpses and there is still the chance I could dribble the ball out of play, trip over my own feet, etc.

For those whose game is freezing up when launching the game, try waiting a minute and see if it does eventually reach the start screen. Mine said not responding but I left it and it loaded after a short while.

Off topic, but have you got a screenshot or anything of this? I'm dying to see it.

Also, I presume we are talking about the keeper, not the centre half?

Lol... no, was just kidding. I have NO idea what this is about :D

I've noticed something that's probably a bug.

I've turned transfer budgets off for the first window, but I'm seeing lots of clubs try and sign players on a free. Which was fine on previous games, but because of the new system, no one can afford to pay the agents fees. So I'm seeing lots of transfers fall through.

I appreciate this may have gotten lost at the bottom of the page, but this is happening loads :D very annoying.

I'm loving the level of detail in this game regarding tactics and instructions, however I urge the fm developers to include a 'track back' for my wingers. They seem to not come back past the half way line when not in possession.

On that note, maybe you should include an instruction section for what players should do when the team have not got possession of the ball, i.e. their movement off the ball.

Have you tried experimenting with setting your winger to "support" or setting him as a "defensive winger"? Or maybe even setting him to man mark the opposing fullback?

Hey Guys, I've had a look in the steam workshop and subscribed/downloaded a few things like skins and tactics to try but when I try and activate them in the Steam Workshop via the downloads it just says Processing Please wait and I presume it gets stuck on that screen because I was waiting for like 10 Minutes for it to sort its self out but to no avail.

Has anyone else come across this or is it just me?

Hey Guys, I've had a look in the steam workshop and subscribed/downloaded a few things like skins and tactics to try but when I try and activate them in the Steam Workshop via the downloads it just says Processing Please wait and I presume it gets stuck on that screen because I was waiting for like 10 Minutes for it to sort its self out but to no avail.

Has anyone else come across this or is it just me?

The problem is your custom graphics... move the graphics folder or rename it and try again... once you've installed the skins etc, move the graphics folder back.

You say "Again" as though you are repeating something you said previously.

This is nonsense as usual. You could put me on a pitch against 11 corpses and there is still the chance I could dribble the ball out of play, trip over my own feet, etc.

And there is a very good chance that you will be more successful in your dribbling against said corpses than you would against Patrice Evra. How succesful you are OVERALL depends on the quality of opposition, that is simple basic understanding of football.

Archived