Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LB engage more and the ratings are better but the stupid plays continue, and my midfieldrs still stay still when a colleage makes a pass watching the other team players making the move and getting the ball, still my players shot against teammates and the opposite gk makes the move and the comentarys say (the ball past the gk) and it didnt even enter the penalty area or the gk area.

Fixed lag/crash in the Steam Workshop with lots of custom graphics installed

still crash . plus there is a skin in the workshop , that makes you game just go to a black screen ... just to tell everyone ... that some folk are up-loaded bad stuff onto there to brick out your game ..... don't use a few are doing it

The LB engage more and the ratings are better but the stupid plays continue, and my midfieldrs still stay still when a colleage makes a pass watching the other team players making the move and getting the ball, still my players shot against teammates and the opposite gk makes the move and the comentarys say (the ball past the gk) and it didnt even enter the penalty area or the gk area.

Again.... nothing ME related has been changed as such... just the minor issue of rating and few other bits.

The morale of the players seems strange, hope it will be fixed, won 3-0 in EL and nothing changed :

u4bg.png

This is how Kyle Walker, usually one of the top performers for me in FM2013, and BETA before update, is averaging :

dbyp.png

I wish all the luck to the people working for an upcoming update, i realise how difficult it must be to fixed these issues :)

again I wanna point out .... that steam work shop is un-safe .. don't use unless you are sure what it is

here is a feed back from it

its a skin on there Don't download this file. I'm really angry this has made my Football Manager go black and despite reinstalling the game, it won't get rid of this terrible skin.

look at the feed back of this skin FMC 2014 FLUT

I MYSELF got this but iv got my game back

OK - found a work around for the graphics - deleted the logos and config entries for Championship, L1 and L2 and the 3 Skrill leagues and it works

Obviously some sort of clash where the default graphics were not being replaced by the ones in the graphics folder (yes I did check in game and the editor to make sure everything had the same ID)

Now if you nice people can get custom player edts working I can start a game :)

(Load database/add players/save as England) does not add those players to the game - new DB is ticked in the custom file screen, UK and Ireland options are ticked in advanced database screen AND so are all the England ones

YES I have reported it in the bugs forum :)

Ok, for anyone who is having the game hang on opening make sure you didn't accidentally click on play twice.

I was heeding the "just let it load up" advice and actually left it for 47 minutes (according to my play clock) on the cargando screen (thought I'd give it ages because of my crazy laptop). Eventually lost patience and ended task and there is a steam alert saying "the game is already running". Clicked play once and the create profile box came up within 20 seconds. Time to play.

Ok, for anyone who is having the game hang on opening make sure you didn't accidentally click on play twice.

I was heeding the "just let it load up" advice and actually left it for 47 minutes (according to my play clock) on the cargando screen (thought I'd give it ages because of my crazy laptop). Eventually lost patience and ended task and there is a steam alert saying "the game is already running". Clicked play once and the create profile box came up within 20 seconds. Time to play.

I always right click on the desktop icon and click open just for that very reason - double clicking caused problems for me since FM12

• SI Staff
I'm Newcastle and:

Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle

Shots: 42-3

You'd think it was Brazil v The Nags Head.

OH, and Krul got a 6.6 despite saving a penalty and being on the receiving end of 17 shots on target.

Sounds legit

Keeper rating aside what are you doing tactically to get out-shot 42-3?

OK, for all who are having problems with the Dark Skin. there seems to be a problem if you have graphics installed facepacks etc. this is the fix.

1. goto your documents folder and locate sports interactive/Football Manager 2014.

2. Change the name of the folder football manager 2014 to HHH

3. Load the game and reload the skin

4. Goto Downloads in the FM menu

5.Click steam work shop, it will now work and install the dark skin.

6. goto the folder you created called HHH you will see that the computer has created the folder Football Manager 2014 again.

7. open that folder and copy the skins folder and paste it to HHH (overwriting is fine here is asked)

8. Delete the Football Manager 2014 folder and rename your HHH back to football manager 2014 again.

9. goto your game preference, clear the cache and restart your game.

10. select dark skin and play.

bit of a pain the the bum but works.

Just a quick question. My Steam just downloaded something, but my game still shows 14.1.1 437482 (ME 4126). Is this normal?

I tried verifying the game's integrity.

Did you use the activation key? I ordered from GMG and got a beta code, but had to enter another code to update to release version.

Keeper rating aside what are you doing tactically to get out-shot 42-3?

I was set up with 2 DMs, 1CM, 2 wingers and a striker, so a defensive 4-3-3. My team are familiar with the tactic as it's one of the prepared three. As far as instructions go I was going for a slow tempo and keeping possession, pretty much just trying to shut up shop. I played the same way away at Man Utd in the previous game and got a 1-1 draw (35-5 shots).

I'm no tactical genius, but surely this should go some way in keeping the opposition at bay. I'm not bothered that I lost, just that defensive/solid tactics still lead to 77 shots in two games. It's demoralising and puts me off even bothering to change my tactics for big teams.

Is it just me or the bonuses a player demands is too high, especially for unused substitute fee?

Not just you. With every new contract i made at Liverpool, all players want double in bonuses. Suarez wanted 35K i appearance fee, Gerrard wanted 30k coming from 10k.

I was set up with 2 DMs, 1CM, 2 wingers and a striker, so a defensive 4-3-3. My team are familiar with the tactic as it's one of the prepared three. As far as instructions go I was going for a slow tempo and keeping possession, pretty much just trying to shut up shop. I played the same way away at Man Utd in the previous game and got a 1-1 draw (35-5 shots).

I'm no tactical genius, but surely this should go some way in keeping the opposition at bay. I'm not bothered that I lost, just that defensive/solid tactics still lead to 77 shots in two games. It's demoralising and puts me off even bothering to change my tactics for big teams.

Let me guess; most of the shots are from distance - outside penalty area right ?. I see this quite often too when the AI plays an attacking strategy, the players shot as soon as they can .

If i can give you a second opinion... you were playing away against very aggressive Chelsea team. You have set up quite deep formation which you have told to keep the ball (did you also use short passing? did you put wingers on attack? if you did you made it worst) but what i think is you have allowed chelsea mnumerous times to get close to your players take the ball and have a shot. since you had a lot of bodies behind they didnt score a lot.

This repeated itself over and over and your wingers were isolated along with striker so they were of no use offensively while your midfield was too deep in the beginning, to connect with them.

just my two cents

I had it on short passing and a deep defensive line. I think my wingers were on 'support'. I knew I'd surrender a lot of the ball and be under the cosh for most of it, regardless of tactics. I just thought 42 shots was a bit much.

But thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts. My mood has improved in the last few minutes after beating Arsenal 1-0. (That was a run of Utd (a), Che(a), Ars(h) with City(a) in the cup to boot - gotta love FM)!)

My version of the game is still 14.1.2

I bought/downloaded the code from GAME online yesterday

Close FM. If the download doesn't start, close Steam and start up Steam again. It should begin downloading.

OK, for all who are having problems with the Dark Skin. there seems to be a problem if you have graphics installed facepacks etc. this is the fix.

1. goto your documents folder and locate sports interactive/Football Manager 2014.

2. Change the name of the folder football manager 2014 to HHH

3. Load the game and reload the skin

4. Goto Downloads in the FM menu

5.Click steam work shop, it will now work and install the dark skin.

6. goto the folder you created called HHH you will see that the computer has created the folder Football Manager 2014 again.

7. open that folder and copy the skins folder and paste it to HHH (overwriting is fine here is asked)

8. Delete the Football Manager 2014 folder and rename your HHH back to football manager 2014 again.

9. goto your game preference, clear the cache and restart your game.

10. select dark skin and play.

bit of a pain the the bum but works.

Alternatively, you just rename the graphics folder to graphics1 and install the dark skin.. and then rename the folder back.

Let me guess; most of the shots are from distance - outside penalty area right ?. I see this quite often too when the AI plays an attacking strategy, the players shot as soon as they can .

Yeh, you're spot on, most are from range. I'm more willing to accept that my tactics forced them into long shots, but 42 was a bit much. Poor Krul

Sorry to ask, but have you logged it as a bug?

No, I've not as I wasn't sure if it really was a bug as I'd not seen anyone else reporting the same issue?

I've never experienced any issues graphically with FM before and my PC is top-end for graphics etc, so maybe it is a bug but I honestly could say when it happens, it seems to be at random when the game is 'thinking'.

So, presumably after I've pressed the continue button...?

Happens rarely but happened three times since latest update.

yeh, you knew you would surrender a lot of the ball yet you went for short passing (which is possession based approach). deep line is fine but you have already a DM (or two?) so they should cover the things, you just invited more pressure by dropping deep, passing short and having wingers in AML/R positions. That is why they had a lot of shots. although low quality i bet as you had a lot of bodies around anyway.

good work on arsenal !

I did say I wasn't a tactical genius haha! Cheers for the advice.. I'll tinker with it and try and get a better balance.

Did you use the activation key? I ordered from GMG and got a beta code, but had to enter another code to update to release version.

I bought through GMG too and they didn't send me a second code. Just chased them up. Pretty annoying.

I bought through GMG too and they didn't send me a second code. Just chased them up. Pretty annoying.

Even though their 1st email said they would, they never sent the 2nd code. Check in your account. It'll be there.

I am very disappointed that the issue with the rules in the swedish reserve league weren't fixed in the patch that were just released. It shouldn't be hard to just change the rules.

I hope it doesn't mean that we'll have to wait until at earliest monday for a new patch.

Archived