Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Macshimmy I think the fact that I am spending time on here interacting reflects the fact that I value this particular subset of our userbase ( yes, you fans ) very highly. So I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly.

It's just that sometimes the negativity on here becomes too much. I'm in a minority amongst the SI team in continuing to post here because of that. Which is rather sad.

Listen, criticism is fine with us when it's constructive, and always will be.

In all fairness it has been very civil this year, I see a lot of the 'vets' helping out other players and trying to calm any of the newer members that get a little heated.

I remember reading a post quite similar to this last year, it actually may have been from you also Paul, last year was bad but I would say that this thread on the whole as been very constructive and for the most part understanding and polite.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was feeding back, feeding back that the background option isn't in the preferences anymore. I had no confirmation that it has been looked at. It was suggested by a moderator that it should be posted in the bugs forum, in one of the backgrounds threads. So that's what I've done.

Excellent but chasing here for an update wont make it happen any quicker - well thats my feedback :D

Macshimmy I think the fact that I am spending time on here interacting reflects the fact that I value this particular subset of our userbase ( yes, you fans ) very highly. So I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly.

It's just that sometimes the negativity on here becomes too much. I'm in a minority amongst the SI team in continuing to post here because of that. Which is rather sad.

Listen, criticism is fine with us when it's constructive, and always will be.

I wonder what the age profile is of all the users of this fantastic site. I have been on here for years but changed my user name a few times due to rude replies and in general unwelcome people. There are of course many wonderful helpful people as well.

I am 45 years old and have played the various forms of CM/FM since it began and will always be amazed how committed you and your team are to us the fans.

Keep going SI and believe me the silent majority really do appreciate what you do.

Now off to try and keep my beloved Palace in the Premier League.....

Excellent but chasing here for an update wont make it happen any quicker - well thats my feedback :D

That's fine. But an acknowledgment that this is actually an issue, and its going to be looked at, would suffice. Would be nice to know that our feedback is valued.

Fairly minor nuisance, but still a nuisance: raising the asking price for a player doesn't deter Italian clubs from attempting co-ownerships, over and over and over.

I could set it to reject all bids, I guess, but there'd still be a rash of news items, and I don't want to flatly rule out the possibility that one of them might actually make a tempting offer in the future.

Fairly minor nuisance, but still a nuisance: raising the asking price for a player doesn't deter Italian clubs from attempting co-ownerships, over and over and over.

I could set it to reject all bids, I guess, but there'd still be a rash of news items, and I don't want to flatly rule out the possibility that one of them might actually make a tempting offer in the future.

This is more than likely a bug... but I actually imagine its the kind of thing that actually happens - Italian clubs constantly pestering eachother :D.

happy people would play the game and enjoy it. people that have bad experiences tend to vent it on forums such as these, so you probably need to realise 90% of feedback online will be negative. Take what you will from it. If someojne doesnt complain about a certain feature, consider it a success, and dont tinker with what works for sake of tinkering.

SteveMC - yep constructive feedback is as Paul says always welcome. I'm hoping that any lack of replies from SI is because they are busy fixing and testing the issues to make us happy. I will also be more happy when the issue with ratings / full backs bustling attackers etc is resolved. In the meantime I must be like a Dr and find some patience :D <groan>

Fred Bloggs - sadly I'm older than you and started off from the first on the Amiga...we didn't even have real names in those days let alone 2D or 3D. I can even remember a Sat night watching some naff film with a girlfriend 18 or 20 years ago and getting her drunk so she fell asleep so I could get away from the film and play some more FM - haha that memory made me laugh

I've been getting low ratings for DCs as well as for full backs. I've also encountered defensive players jogging alongside the opposition without trying to tackle, block or get stuck in...

Also been hitting the woodwork A LOT.

Other than that though, the game is absolutely terrific so far. All I have to do now is try and avoid buying the in-game editor :D

I'm loving the level of detail in this game regarding tactics and instructions, however I urge the fm developers to include a 'track back' for my wingers. They seem to not come back past the half way line when not in possession.

On that note, maybe you should include an instruction section for what players should do when the team have not got possession of the ball, i.e. their movement off the ball.

Low morale bug in SI TEAM ??

Please address this issue quickly....

This will be resolved in a fix to SI performance ratings. Decreased SI Transfer values may need to be re-inflated before pay review time

If either of you had read the post he was replying to, you'd realise the he was pointing out the other guy won when the assistant manager ran his team, but lost when he ran it, suggesting there is something his assistant is doing better than him.

No it suggests that simulated matches are more realistic than animated matches. Edit: given that he ticked the "play with current tactic" button.

No it suggests that simulated matches are more realistic than animated matches.

But you can play back 'simulated' matches and watch them in their full animated glory, which utilises the exact same match engine as if you played the game yourself. Therefore the point still stands, if your team, when controlled by your AM, is doing better than when it's being controlled by you, then surely it stands to reason that it's something you're doing (or not doing!).

by this rate beating the ME with shouts and strategies aimed at countering AI tactics will replace beating the ME through tactics, since there will always be an unrealistic "hole" to exploit in every tactic employed by the AI.

This is the bit that caught my eye.

What (concisely if possible) separates Shouts and Strategies from "Tactics" please?

They are part of the same bundle, especially when you consider "Shouts" effectively cover Player and Team Instructions.

Seemed like a long post to provoke an argument, but where the core of that argument contradicts itself?

But you can play back 'simulated' matches and watch them in their full animated glory, which utilises the exact same match engine as if you played the game yourself. Therefore the point still stands, if your team, when controlled by your AM, is doing better than when it's being controlled by you, then surely it stands to reason that it's something you're doing (or not doing!).

Indeed, if I was the user I would rewatch the game and see what they did, looking at the various analysis. I would also have a look at the team talk feedback (did they respond better to the assistant manager)

SI any chance of letting us know when the next update is likely and what your looking to amend I have my views on whats wrong but looking through the posts I can see that you should be more than well aware of them and me banging on about the same old stuff is not gonna help (have detailed it all in previous posts).

It'd be nice to know cause for me the game is pretty much unplayable at the mo and its kind of tainting my FM experience so I'm gonna wait out for the update, it just pains me that this game would be released with some glaring issues but I suppose it is how it is.

This thread/forum has turned into a Primary school playground. Can anybody recommend a decent FM forum on a sister site?

Do you visit a lot of forums? Most are no better than a primary school playground. This one can be poor at times, particularly around release times, but this is the most positive I've ever seen it after such a major release. Surprising really.

Just watched my full back diligently jog 10 yards behind the wide player he was individually told to mark and mark tightly, making no attempt to get goalside as the player strolled in to score.

We went on to win 2-1 with a late goal, but good grief.

Also, the ratings issue is hitting subs pretty hard, too, because they don't have enough time on the field to produce a decent rating.

Well, where the hell do I begin :/

1. I keep going in winning at HT, and no matter what I say or do, I always either lose or draw. I haven't gone into a game winning at HT and won apart from once. And it's early Feb.

2. I'm Arsenal, so i'm a pretty good side. Yet I can barely score a goal, and i've conceded more than i've scored almost. Then to make matters a lot worse I looked at my formation best used and it's the same as the one i'm worst at playing, however I can barely score with it and the PC is ripping me apart with it, and they're all worse teams than me!

3. It's nearly impossible to shore up the defence. I just can't stop conceding goals no matter who I am, who I have at the back, if I play a DM or not, it's just absolutely ridiculous!

4. Set pieces are OP...if you're the opposition.

5. Transfer offers are just bizarre. I can't get offered more than 2m for somebody, although people have been suffering a lot worse.

6. Mesut Ozil has been decreased from last year for no reason whatsoever.

7. Takes forever for your team to learn a tactic. It's now Feb and my team still aren't 100% on it which is just stupid.

8. Lack of wingers who are class, again, makes things a little annoying, it's hard to buy.

9. Tactics seem to be very hard. I haven't found a tactic after a ton of testing that works.

10. Full Backs have gone from unbeatable to terrible with barely any effect.

There's more, but i'm so frustrated it's not even funny.

SI any chance of letting us know when the next update is likely and what your looking to amend I have my views on whats wrong but looking through the posts I can see that you should be more than well aware of them and me banging on about the same old stuff is not gonna help (have detailed it all in previous posts).

It'd be nice to know cause for me the game is pretty much unplayable at the mo and its kind of tainting my FM experience so I'm gonna wait out for the update, it just pains me that this game would be released with some glaring issues but I suppose it is how it is.

They're not going to answer that. Ever. The line is always "when it's ready" right up until it is actually released. Any issues raised in the correct forums (bugs/crashes etc) will be looked at and if they're reproducable and fixable, then they'll be fixed for the next update.

Since the last patch/full game launch my defenders and def-mids have turned into pudding. The opposition just runs past them and they dont even atempt to tackle, they just track back and eventually if a winger crosses into the ?rea you have 6 players in or around the penalty box, they obviously either fail to mark anyone or clear the ball outside the box where two or three opposition players are always alone just waiting to pounce on it. i've tried everything, higher d-line, stronger tackling, more closing down, but nothing seems to work. i havent seen one of my players make a successful tackle in a couple of matches now, although in the stats it shows that they do tackle, and quite successfully, just cant see it happen and get run-over by weaker teams that i was beating before the patch. it has rendered my save unplayable. all i can do is wait for a nother patch, and it is so frustrating. Before this patch i noticed that some players, especial wing-backs were getting too good ratings and too many tackles. SI has obviously tried to tone this down, but i think they've gone too far. Getting positive ratings is a nightmare now and the opposition looks much more dinamic on and off the ball, in a way that apparently i just cant achieve, no matter what formation or style of play i try. Its like diferente rules apply to both teams. I still manage to win a few games, but its an absolute grind. Im not saying the game should be easier, just more coherent. Anyway... needed to vent this... lol i hope they solve this soon, coz im having no fun at all with this game now, when just two days or three ago, before the last patch of the beta, i was having the time of my life. Remember last year we went through exactly the same issues with the match engine and patches, was hoping it would be diferente this year.

Just dabbled with the demo a bit. My first impressions:

1. UI is refreshing with bright colors, I like the bigger font, makes info easier to read.

2. Depth of interaction has increased, which is good too.

3. Player morale seems to be unpredictable and quite sensitive. I talked to Park Ji-Sung (I chose PSV in my demo), he didn't like two of my responses and his morale went from OK to fairly poor and to poor. During team talks, my team was showing an increase in morale as I talked about them going for the title. One of my players disagreed with the level of ambition, I disagreed with his reaction and thereafter almost the whole team's morale fell.

Anyone else having issue with loading profile picture? I get message could not open the file.:confused:

Loading picture through config file works fine tho. But I'd like to have attached pic to my profile. Right now every time I add new manager I have to create line in cfg file with my ID in the game and then reload skin.

Anyone else having issue with loading profile picture? I get message could not open the file.:confused:

Loading picture through config file works fine tho. But I'd like to have attached pic to my profile. Right now every time I add new manager I have to create line in cfg file with my ID in the game and then reload skin.

Mine works. Its a PNG file.

Since the last patch/full game launch my defenders and def-mids have turned into pudding. The opposition just runs past them and they dont even atempt to tackle, they just track back and eventually if a winger crosses into the ?rea you have 6 players in or around the penalty box, they obviously either fail to mark anyone or clear the ball outside the box where two or three opposition players are always alone just waiting to pounce on it. i've tried everything, higher d-line, stronger tackling, more closing down, but nothing seems to work. i havent seen one of my players make a successful tackle in a couple of matches now, although in the stats it shows that they do tackle, and quite successfully, just cant see it happen and get run-over by weaker teams that i was beating before the patch. it has rendered my save unplayable. all i can do is wait for a nother patch, and it is so frustrating. Before this patch i noticed that some players, especial wing-backs were getting too good ratings and too many tackles. SI has obviously tried to tone this down, but i think they've gone too far. Getting positive ratings is a nightmare now and the opposition looks much more dinamic on and off the ball, in a way that apparently i just cant achieve, no matter what formation or style of play i try. Its like diferente rules apply to both teams. I still manage to win a few games, but its an absolute grind. Im not saying the game should be easier, just more coherent. Anyway... needed to vent this... lol i hope they solve this soon, coz im having no fun at all with this game now, when just two days or three ago, before the last patch of the beta, i was having the time of my life. Remember last year we went through exactly the same issues with the match engine and patches, was hoping it would be diferente this year.

There was no update to the ME when the game went to full launch...

1. I keep going in winning at HT, and no matter what I say or do, I always either lose or draw. I haven't gone into a game winning at HT and won apart from once. And it's early Feb.

2. I'm Arsenal, so i'm a pretty good side. Yet I can barely score a goal, and i've conceded more than i've scored almost. Then to make matters a lot worse I looked at my formation best used and it's the same as the one i'm worst at playing, however I can barely score with it and the PC is ripping me apart with it, and they're all worse teams than me!

3. It's nearly impossible to shore up the defence. I just can't stop conceding goals no matter who I am, who I have at the back, if I play a DM or not, it's just absolutely ridiculous!

5. Transfer offers are just bizarre. I can't get offered more than 2m for somebody, although people have been suffering a lot worse.

7. Takes forever for your team to learn a tactic. It's now Feb and my team still aren't 100% on it which is just stupid.

8. Lack of wingers who are class, again, makes things a little annoying, it's hard to buy.

9. Tactics seem to be very hard. I haven't found a tactic after a ton of testing that works.

I'm having eactly the same issues

I'm having eactly the same issues

Good! Also, my game goes in a mental patch of getting injuries to every player in one position. In the space of a week every DM in my first/reserve team got injured, then I lost all of my RB's! What the actual hell is going on?

Can I just ask, is your match fluidity 'Fluid' or 'Very Fluid', and if so, do you have a lot of specific player roles (eg False Nine, Treq, Shadow Striker, etc). Do you use a lot of team and player instructions?

Here's a list of issues I'm having

1) Defending is pretty poor. And no matter what you say to them they just don't close down often enough. I really wish this was more realistic, would make the game pretty awesome.

2) Strikers take awful shots. I have Aguero and Podolski both with really good finishing. Yet most of the time they can't hit the target. The overall decisions when making shots is pretty bad.

3) Players dont double team unless they are very close to your goal. They will rather just run along aimlessly without any effort to accomplish anything. I really wish there was a tactic to "double team player on ball" or even triple team. There is just not enough defensive aggression

4) When I first started playing the game felt too easy. It is now incredibly hard. Not sure if it's tactics, morale, or just the ME updates.

5) Players clear the ball when there are way better options available. They will literally have a wide open teammate in front of them and suddenly they just boot it. And the commentator says "Toure with a no nonsense clearance". In reality he just gave the ball away for absolutely no reason.

6) Injuries seem way excessive. I have I believe 7-8 injured players right now. I lose a player almost every game. It's like American football lol.

7) Set pieces do seem a bit OP for the opposition.

Anyway you get those issues sorted out along with some other things that people have mentioned. And you will have the best football game ever (which includes Fifa and PES).

FIFA is extremely weak this year. And what makes matters worse is that Fifa's major deficiency is defending. PES has some serious AI issues as well. We just can't catch a break this year lol.

Can I just ask, is your match fluidity 'Fluid' or 'Very Fluid', and if so, do you have a lot of specific player roles (eg False Nine, Treq, Shadow Striker, etc). Do you use a lot of team and player instructions?

Nope, it's balanced. I use no player instructions and just the five team instructions. Wouldn't matter what I did, people still walk through my defence like they're all brain dead.

There was no update to the ME when the game went to full launch...

i only updated to the last patch of the beta just before the full game release, because i read that the ME was worse. Hoped that the full-game release would solve it. Apparently they changed nothing.

Nope, it's balanced. I use no player instructions and just the five team instructions. Wouldn't matter what I did, people still walk through my defence like they're all brain dead.

I'd suggest posting all your formations and tactics in the tactics forum as it's clearly something you're not doing correctly. Think about it logically, if it was the game itself causing this, do you not think there would be complete meltdown on here? Particularly given Arsenal will be a popular choice of team for people to manage.

I woke up with a dodgy knee this morning which is really restricting my movement which gave me a great excuse for an extended session at FM.

First of all the ME seems much better balanced than this time last year: I'm seeing goals from a variety of sources - long shots, corners, tap ins after scrambles, but nothing dominating. After a morning messing around with my tactics I've got one working pretty much as I want, fluid, control, more expressive. Trequartista is working very well for me, doing what he is supposed to and moving round to create space - though to be fair I am playing with Spurs and Eriksen is ideal for the role.

I haven't been able to get my back up tactic, more disciplined and direct, play on the counter working as I'd like yet. Again, could be using Spurs: they've got a lot of creative players who would probably prefer a freer style, but that's my next target, to get a more defensive formation working properly.

The low player ratings are an irritation. I've found I can improve the fullback ratings by giving them more attacking roles. I've switched from two FB automatic to one WB attack and one FB attack and the ratings have gone from 5.9 typically to 6.6, though it remains to be seen if that might be too attacking against tough opposition rather than pre-season friendlies.

One thing I've noticed which does seem to distort the ratings is that missed shots carry too big a penalty. I had an inside forward who'd played very well, it seemed to me watching the first half on comprehensive highlights, but had a 5.6 rating, so I had a thorough look at his stats and everything was fine, good pass completion, winning tackles the only thing he'd done wrong was three out of four shots were off target. He'd been making good runs, getting into good positions and made my best chances, but off target shots made that into a bad performance according to the ratings.

But apart from the ratings being a little off the game seems to be working well for me.

I know were you coming from I'm having the same problems just really upsetting spent like £35 on this game and my team can't even score ohhh mmmyy goooodd

goalposts[/b], las minute comebacks from AI, non existant defending or ball challenges

The amount of shots hitting the goalpost/crossbar has always been a bit high throughout, right from the first Beta match engine. Whilst it's not entirely realistic, it makes watching the game a bit more exciting, so it doesn't really bother me.

The rest of your rant can all be solved tactically. Apart from maybe the injuries which could just be sheer bad luck.

Archived