Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Poor him, LOL!!

I get what your saying mate we're definitely the same in that aspect but I like playing three CB's, LM CM RM, AMC, STR STR STR. I always have done. Where my frustration is coming from is judging from the complaints I've read the problems mostly stem from crosses (NEED full backs) and hoofs up the pitch (which needs midfield flooding) both of which I don't like to play with.

I could definitely sit and analyse how to exploit the ME to get results but I like to PLAY fm not to WORK on it :(

I also feel like my formation is unusable and I know everyone will say you just have to change your tactis but imagine buying FIFA and finding out that you can't go your favourite team just now and to play with another?

I can imagine SAF in his time being told he's got to play with a back four permanantly. I'm pretty sure he did anyway but you get my point.

I do get your point. And i do understand the frustration. I've been in the same boat.

Over the years i've had to change from 4-3-3 to 4-1-3-2 to 4-5-1 and now, for the last few iterations of FM, to 4-4-2.

I am pretty much the same. I want to play FM and not work on it.

Luckily, for me, i found out now, very recently, that the way i'm playing and analyzing became much easier with FM14. But that is just my own personal preference.

I wouldn't have a single clue on how to play without full-backs. Neither with an AMC and 3 Strikers for that matter.

Without knowing too much about what happens in your game i'm pretty sure there's a way around it.

If you haven't tried so i'd recommend the tactics forum. They should be able to help you out.

And it will hopefully be a bit better when they've ironed out the worst ME bugs as well.

My way of dealing with the ME fixes, and very often the need to create a tactic from scratch again, is that i look at it as a real-life rule change.

Like when i was a goalie and they changed to the current back-pass rule. I and my defenders had to rethink our defending strategy as i couldn't pick the ball up with my hands any longer, from a back pass.

That's how i cope with the ME and bug fixes :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poor him, LOL!!

I get what your saying mate we're definitely the same in that aspect but I like playing three CB's, LM CM RM, AMC, STR STR STR. I always have done. Where my frustration is coming from is judging from the complaints I've read the problems mostly stem from crosses (NEED full backs) and hoofs up the pitch (which needs midfield flooding) both of which I don't like to play with.

I could definitely sit and analyse how to exploit the ME to get results but I like to PLAY fm not to WORK on it :(

I also feel like my formation is unusable and I know everyone will say you just have to change your tactis but imagine buying FIFA and finding out that you can't go your favourite team just now and to play with another?

I can imagine SAF in his time being told he's got to play with a back four permanantly. I'm pretty sure he did anyway but you get my point.

I play 3 at the back, I innovate with it see the 3 at the back thread in the tactics forum for reference. Analysis is not exploiting the engine, its being a good manager, the game is called football manager and it involves all aspects of the club if you really want, look through SFraser threads (RIP) to see how much this game has to offer in terms of depth. You are doing yourself and the money you paid a disservice just clicking through games. This game, is begging you for more and when you give it you get it back in spades. To me you are just not embracing the fact that this game is not exactly pick up and play and dominate. The AI is laughable to experienced players, to you they are barcelona circa 2010, play the game embrace all of it, it is the most rewarding simulation of it's kink it is so so full of depth, if you would just approach it in a real managers frame of mind and not a fifa click and play and click and play and continue and continue and not be so cocky about your ability and so belittling of the AI to do over due to your complacency of click click click next match.

This is most of your problem, I hit upon a tactic that worked, I have no idea why pav was "firing them in" but now he isn't, I never really got involved in the game all I know is that it was working to a degree, I was happy, I wasn't a mid table team nor was I winning the league but I was happy, I have no idea whatsover what was making me happy, I clicked "the same team talk" all the time because it was just "working", I've no idea why it was working, I never tried to immerse myself in the game but god damn it, it was working.

Now it is not working, I don't know why it is not working must be because SI are jokers, it has nothing to do with the fact that I never knew why it was working in the first place but I didn't have to think about that because I had no intention in the first place of finding out why, I hit a formula, it worked for a time being, and now the game has cottoned on to me and I can't fix it, I can't fix it because I don't know how I implemented it in the first place. I have no intention of looking at the Analysis tab, players morale, the opposition morale, the oppostion tactics, the effects of morale on the same team talk over and over and over and over again etc etc etc. The fact is you like the game, you like winning but lets face it you have no and I mean no intention of "really" being a manager, you want to find continue and complain/extoll

Hahahahahahahaha. Wow. I'd be slightly offended if you didn't make me laugh so much.

Listen here fanboy. Since condescending is the theme of the night, I'm going to write you up a list of things, and I want you to find them for me. K sport?

1a. Where I implied my Spurs saves were important and that they mirrored the way I usually play the game.

1b. If you couldn't find that, find instead me comparing the two saves to discuss the consistency of the game.

1c. Also find where I said I started the Spurs the game for "an easy save" to get away from my serious Aris save. Did it occur to you I started a pointless save in the beta cause I was waiting for the release and so didn't really put much effort into it something I wasn't going to carry on? Same for post release Spurs.

2. Where I said SI were "jokers" or implied anything such.

If you're going to try and 'help' me I'd really appreciate if you looked at what I said before you try to belittle me.

This thread... is funny. The majority of posts are about the topic of how it was changed one way or another from the previous version.

Sorry, but I paid the money for a new game and I am glad that SI brought something new to the table. Flaws and all- I personally believe that this version of FM, bugs and all, is the greatest to date. All the bugs will get worked out in the end.

Some you posting on here, I bet if you toned it down a couple of notches and tried accomplishing your objective from a different approach, you might find success easily. I have played Panachaiki and Apollon Kalamarias in FM14 and have found success with both teams.

The best advice a lot of you guys need is divorce your tactics you married in FM13 and try something new. If you can't figure out how to make a formation work, someone will basically post something that might work for you eventually.

I really hope you have that view when you buy a car that looks different of the last one but the brakes dont work, a coffe machine that dont warm the water or a tv that the remote does not do what you want.

I play 3 at the back, I innovate with it see the 3 at the back thread in the tactics forum for reference. Analysis is not exploiting the engine, its being a good manager, the game is called football manager and it involves all aspects of the club if you really want, look through SFraser threads (RIP) to see how much this game has to offer in terms of depth. You are doing yourself and the money you paid a disservice just clicking through games. This game, is begging you for more and when you give it you get it back in spades. To me you are just not embracing the fact that this game is not exactly pick up and play and dominate. The AI is laughable to experienced players, to you they are barcelona circa 2010, play the game embrace all of it, it is the most rewarding simulation of it's kink it is so so full of depth, if you would just approach it in a real managers frame of mind and not a fifa click and play and click and play and continue and continue and not be so cocky about your ability and so belittling of the AI to do over due to your complacency of click click click next match.

Where do you get this from??

Don't be so cocky in your ability? When was I cocky in my ability?? I beg you to read what I've actually wrote. If you had you might actually find that my main beef isn't so much with the ME or analysis and more with the luck side of things and the super ass man.

Hahahahahahahaha. Wow. I'd be slightly offended if you didn't make me laugh so much.

Listen here fanboy. Since condescending is the theme of the night, I'm going to write you up a list of things, and I want you to find them for me. K sport?

1a. Where I implied my Spurs saves were important and that they mirrored the way I usually play the game.

1b. If you couldn't find that, find instead me comparing the two saves to discuss the consistency of the game.

1c. Also find where I said I started the Spurs the game for "an easy save" to get away from my serious Aris save. Did it occur to you I started a pointless save in the beta cause I was waiting for the release and so didn't really put much effort into it something I wasn't going to carry on? Same for post release Spurs.

2. Where I said SI were "jokers" or implied anything such.

If you're going to try and 'help' me I'd really appreciate if you looked at what I said before you try to belittle me.

1a, your spurs save was "the save" of your career it made you cry so much about how it has all gone to pot.

1b, consitency of the game is not natural, freak results occur that apply to morale and transfer bids etc one save is not the same as if you reload the same save, jesus!

1c, you keep keep banging on about your spurs save, you know, the one you played twice now to have a go at the game, still haven't wrote up a good detailed argument why "pav" was "firing them in", i'd have a guess that you had no idea how he was doing this and once he stopped now you have no idea how to stop the rut.

2. You sure aren't here to blame yourself so the hole altar boy act now is a little to late. Get yourself over to the tactics forum and learn a little.

Where do you get this from??

Don't be so cocky in your ability? When was I cocky in my ability?? I beg you to read what I've actually wrote. If you had you might actually find that my main beef isn't so much with the ME or analysis and more with the luck side of things and the super ass man.

Cocky, you are in dreamland. I just play the game on it's merits, you are more concerned about assmans, see I never let an assman control a team, because I know my teams, I know how I set them up and I know where they are weak and strong, I don't rely on factors that are almost neglible (for your info) like team talks to sort them out. When I win I know how, and when I lose 90% of the time it's because of my tactical weakness which I am aware of and every tactic has or the other 10% I failed to motivate them and it was so so close they nicked it.

Then learn to enjoy losing??? You are going to have to figure that part out for yourself.

The complaints are not about losing, they are about the Match Engine and the bugs in the game.

Winning 4-1, with 3 of the goals for you totally unrealistic, and the oppositions goal, a terrible player dribbling 50m with 3 defenders refusing to tackle him from 2ft away the entire time.

IS NOT LEARNING TO ENJOY LOSING.

Watching both your full backs get horrible ratings no matter what is no enjoying losing, especially when you also win.

IT IS A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE MATCH ENGINE AND THE BUGS.

The complaints are not about losing, they are about the Match Engine and the bugs in the game.

Winning 4-1, with 3 of the goals for you totally unrealistic, and the oppositions goal, a terrible player dribbling 50m with 3 defenders refusing to tackle him from 2ft away the entire time.

Watching both your full backs get horrible ratings no matter what is no enjoying losing, especially when you also win.

Just out of personal curiosity.....which league are you playing in?

1a, your spurs save was "the save" of your career it made you cry so much about how it has all gone to pot.

1b, consitency of the game is not natural, freak results occur that apply to morale and transfer bids etc one save is not the same as if you reload the same save, jesus!

1c, you keep keep banging on about your spurs save, you know, the one you played twice now to have a go at the game, still haven't wrote up a good detailed argument why "pav" was "firing them in", i'd have a guess that you had no idea how he was doing this and once he stopped now you have no idea how to stop the rut.

2. You sure aren't here to blame yourself so the hole altar boy act now is a little to late. Get yourself over to the tactics forum and learn a little.

YES!! YES!! More childish replies! You're so cute when you try to act clever with your wee attitude :)

It's obvious you can't read very well. I've in no way implied either Spurs saves were of importance to me.

Thats my argument, looks like you're finally getting it champ, I understand no two saves wil ever be the same but I'm questioning whether they should fluctuate so wildly whilst doing everything the same.

Going to go over this part one more time and if you're still lost I'll draw you a picture. I have no detailed argument as to why Pav was banging them in. I have no argument as to what was going on in any of those saves. Guess why? 'Cause one was a pre release fool around and the other was what I thought would be an easy game to play whenever the analysing and proper playing got to much for me in my Aris save. The reason I'm talking about the Spurs saves is because it so happened I played both of them exactly the same as the other which allowed me to use them in a comparison.

Again, I never claimed to be an Altar Boy. I'm on this FEEDBACK thread to give FEEDBACK. ;)

Cocky, you are in dreamland. I just play the game on it's merits, you are more concerned about assmans, see I never let an assman control a team, because I know my teams, I know how I set them up and I know where they are weak and strong, I don't rely on factors that are almost neglible (for your info) like team talks to sort them out. When I win I know how, and when I lose 90% of the time it's because of my tactical weakness which I am aware of and every tactic has or the other 10% I failed to motivate them and it was so so close they nicked it.

cocky1

ˈkɒki/

adjective

adjective: cocky; comparative adjective: cockier; superlative adjective: cockiest

conceited or confident in a bold or cheeky way.

Which of us do you think that applies to? You are, as it says, the superlative of the adjective.

Incidentally, I'm concerned with an assman doing a ridiculously impossible job with a shocking squad when his stats are extraordinarily low in the exact same way you would be concerned with a striker with ludicrously poor stats barely good enough for league 2 scoring 25+ in the premier league. Perspective.

Don't want to start handing out infractions here, so am going to quietly request people to remain a little more civil when posting.

@ huntelaar19: While there may be a bug that makes the assistant manager a super-tactician, it is far more likely that your problem stems from something you are or are not doing very well. If you are sure it is the former, I suggest you visit the bugs forum and upload a save game so they can investigate. Personally, I think it is a long shot, but we've seen some strange things before.

What might be more useful is if you engaged with the possibility that your current approach to FM is slightly flawed. Every year dynamic decision making has become more and more important. It has become increasingly impossible to beat the ME through designing a super-tactic (which, incidentally, in recent editions at least, tended to be very narrow with three FCs). The shift away from sliders to the new tactical system is one more in that direction. You cannot simply load up a tactic, have a go to teamtalk and press continue. You have to think about things a little more than that to succeed.

It's up to you how you move past your current frustration of course, but I'd advise the latter route over the former.

Don't want to start handing out infractions here, so am going to quietly request people to remain a little more civil when posting.

@ huntelaar19: While there may be a bug that makes the assistant manager a super-tactician, it is far more likely that your problem stems from something you are or are not doing very well. If you are sure it is the former, I suggest you visit the bugs forum and upload a save game so they can investigate. Personally, I think it is a long shot, but we've seen some strange things before.

What might be more useful is if you engaged with the possibility that your current approach to FM is slightly flawed. Every year dynamic decision making has become more and more important. It has become increasingly impossible to beat the ME through designing a super-tactic (which, incidentally, in recent editions at least, tended to be very narrow with three FCs). The shift away from sliders to the new tactical system is one more in that direction. You cannot simply load up a tactic, have a go to teamtalk and press continue. You have to think about things a little more than that to succeed.

It's up to you how you move past your current frustration of course, but I'd advise the latter route over the former.

I'm under no illusions that it's something I'm doing. I 've not implied it's down to a bug once. I came to this feedback thread to offer feedback in the hope that I could clarify with others that it is indeed something I am or am not doing. Again, I think like a couple of others you haven't fully read my arguments. The way I approached my two Spurs saves were flawed, purely down to the fact they weren't serious saves (a pre release fiddle and an easy save when I was stuck with my serious save).

I won't sit here and say I sit and study tactics and stats for ages 'cause I don't. I work six days a week, I'm at uni five days a week and in amongst all that I have people to see and places to be so i'm looking for a fun game for when I've got a spare hour not a job. Too imply that is a 'flawed' way to play the game is silly. Isn't it my game? If I wanted to save and replay, couldn't I? Surely the way you wish to play the game you paid for is your perogative and in no way flawed?

cocky1

ˈkɒki/

adjective

adjective: cocky; comparative adjective: cockier; superlative adjective: cockiest

conceited or confident in a bold or cheeky way.

Which of us do you think that applies to? You are, as it says, the superlative of the adjective.

Since it is in a conceited, bold or cheeky way I would have to go with neither, since it comes from playing the game for years, and 1) being too immature at one point to accept I knew next to nothing about football other than Micheal Owen was fast and clinical. 2) Applying myself to the game and religiously soaking up all the tactical and otherwise data from the tactics forum for about 3 years before I could understand I was years behind what others knew. 3) Studying the teams from years gone by and watching these matches and any recent matches that catch my eye to understand the game better.

Anyway its you who paid the money mate, you get out of the game what you give, nothing more.

In every feedback thread there are people who self-appoint to challenge people who have issues with the game. This thread appears to be Dagenham_Dave's floor.

It's a feedback thread ffs, there are always going to be vents and rants.

There is a difference between ranting and venting and it's like taking a ****, if you shake it more than three times- you are playing with it.

I don't think there is any "rule" or "law" that forbids discussing any issues in feedback. Some people disagree with some people are posting and I don't see any reason why not to have discussion a game people are heart-felt about.

I am not denying that there bugs nor the issues with the fullbacks, SI acknowledges it even. I didn't buy the game with the expectations of it being flawless.

As far as being distraught about the FB, why not just push them up to WB or tone down their duties. I have played FM14 for 50+ hours so far with beta and live. I have seen some pretty amazing goals, comebacks, and issues. Sorry, but in all the FM's, even the worst of players have their 15 minutes. A player with all 1 in stats can still score given the right chance.

Since it is in a conceited, bold or cheeky way I would have to go with neither, since it comes from playing the game for years, and 1) being too immature at one point to accept I knew next to nothing about football other than Micheal Owen was fast and clinical. 2) Applying myself to the game and religiously soaking up all the tactical and otherwise data from the tactics forum for about 3 years before I could understand I was years behind what others knew. 3) Studying the teams from years gone by and watching these matches and any recent matches that catch my eye to understand the game better.

Anyway its you who paid the money mate, you get out of the game what you give, nothing more.

Not really sure what I'm supposed to take from that. It seems you just want everyone to know how good you are at the game and you jump at the chance to inform those who aren't doing so well that you are and it's their fault they aren't as good as you?

Yeah, I did and to be quite honest I wish I hadn't.

I'm all for things being realistic... if you have the time. Can you imagine being ten (the age I first got FM) and realising that you have to analyse stats create a different tactic every match so as to exploit your opponents weaknesses whilst also overcoming the ME?

I'm under no illusions that it's something I'm doing. I 've not implied it's down to a bug once. I came to this feedback thread to offer feedback in the hope that I could clarify with others that it is indeed something I am or am not doing. Again, I think like a couple of others you haven't fully read my arguments. The way I approached my two Spurs saves were flawed, purely down to the fact they weren't serious saves (a pre release fiddle and an easy save when I was stuck with my serious save).

I won't sit here and say I sit and study tactics and stats for ages 'cause I don't. I work six days a week, I'm at uni five days a week and in amongst all that I have people to see and places to be so i'm looking for a fun game for when I've got a spare hour not a job. Too imply that is a 'flawed' way to play the game is silly. Isn't it my game? If I wanted to save and replay, couldn't I? Surely the way you wish to play the game you paid for is your perogative and in no way flawed?

Let's not go down the "haven't fully read my arguments" route. If I haven't understood them, it's likely they are poorly articulated or poor arguments.

You are more than welcome to play the game "your" way. What you cannot expect that "your" way should necessarily win and that the whole game needs recoding so that it can. If you can't take losing and won't or can't adjust your playing style (for whatever reason), then perhaps FM isn't the game for you. If you do want to keep playing it and enjoying it, then perhaps you need to look at your own methodology and adjust. Don't assume it is like a job and necessarily takes a long time to play in a way you've never tried either. It isn't and it doesn't.

I am not denying that there bugs nor the issues with the fullbacks, SI acknowledges it even. I didn't buy the game with the expectations of it being flawless.

I think the point is these issues were glaringly obvious and acknowledged on the beta, and lo and behold, we get that same match engine as the official release.

Of course people are going to feel cheated. I certainly do. It's game-breaking for those who don't want to make their wingers defensive and for those who discipline players for poor performance.

Not really sure what I'm supposed to take from that. It seems you just want everyone to know how good you are at the game and you jump at the chance to inform those who aren't doing so well that you are and it's their fault they aren't as good as you?

Yeah, I did and to be quite honest I wish I hadn't.

I'm all for things being realistic... if you have the time. Can you imagine being ten (the age I first got FM) and realising that you have to analyse stats create a different tactic every match so as to exploit your opponents weaknesses whilst also overcoming the ME?

I don't know mate, different tactic every match is a bit extreme, if you are a top team you shouldn't need to worry about that too much since your most potent weapon in attack if you use them right and have the right set up around them are too much, and if you got a great defence you can get away with sins. I agree though family, work, etc can take away from the immersion and I sympathise with the time some people only have to put in, but to be fair to SI the game is a simulator of Football Management, the kinda thing that made Jose grey and gave Greame Souness/Gerrard Houliler heart attacks, not saying SI want us to have health problems but you can see the depth in the game if you want it.

Finally, you know I am ok at the game I wouldn't be at people like rahsid1 or cleon's ability and if I can get good as I am and enjoy it as much as I do then really anybody can if they really enjoy football and are interested deeply in the game, to be a manager etc.

Let's not go down the "haven't fully read my arguments" route. If I haven't understood them, it's likely they are poorly articulated or poor arguments.

You are more than welcome to play the game "your" way. What you cannot expect that "your" way should necessarily win and that the whole game needs recoding so that it can. If you can't take losing and won't or can't adjust your playing style (for whatever reason), then perhaps FM isn't the game for you. If you do want to keep playing it and enjoying it, then perhaps you need to look at your own methodology and adjust. Don't assume it is like a job and necessarily takes a long time to play in a way you've never tried either. It isn't and it doesn't.

No, lets. I can assure you, they are no more poorly articulated than anything you or anyone else has wrote so we can scratch that option. If, in your opinion, they are poor arguments then so be it but you either read them or you don't. Making assumptions on arguments you haven't read might get one into trouble on a forum.

Again, if you revert back to my earlier comments I never once demanded that I should be winning. I have made it clear I came on to see if people were struggling in the same manner as myself, I was offering my own feedback to this feedback thread. I've in no way implied the whole game needs recoding.

Sorry, I thought we were assuming things. You may be able to find stats and analyse them quickly, many others cannot. There seems to be a surplus of people on here who think because they can do something quickly and efficiently then everyone else should be able to do just as well.

Therein lies your problem. You're making assumptions.

This isn't my only save.

Infact since you ask us to explain things we can't, let me throw one backatcha.

In beta I started a Spurs save. I used my usual 3-3-1-3 tactic. Couple of instructions here and there for the team and players, signed pavlyuchenko only. He was firing them in and I wa doing pretty well (3rd in january). When the full release came out and my Aris game wasn't going so well I decided to have another spurs game on the go just for when the Aris game was getting to much for me I could have an easy save. Did everything the exact same. Signed pav. Same tactics, exact same instructions (I checked my beta save to check). I was sacked in November lying in 12th place.

How can there be such drastic differences having done absolutely nothing different?

luck?678

I don't know mate, different tactic every match is a bit extreme, if you are a top team you shouldn't need to worry about that too much since your most potent weapon in attack if you use them right and have the right set up around them are too much, and if you got a great defence you can get away with sins. I agree though family, work, etc can take away from the immersion and I sympathise with the time some people only have to put in, but to be fair to SI the game is a simulator of Football Management, the kinda thing that made Jose grey and gave Greame Souness/Gerrard Houliler heart attacks, not saying SI want us to have health problems but you can see the depth in the game if you want it.

Finally, you know I am ok at the game I wouldn't be at people like rahsid1 or cleon's ability and if I can get good as I am and enjoy it as much as I do then really anybody can if they really enjoy football and are interested deeply in the game, to be a manager etc.

Every match is definitely extreme, I was exaggerating there. But still, every two or three matches is still something I just don't have time for just now. This wasn't even what I had an issue with as I understand it's what the people want and what a simulator should be. I'm just saying that I don't have time to do it the 'proper' way and I imagine so many people both adults and especially kids won't have the time and/or patience to play anymore.

I guess it feels like half of us are being left behind and given FM07 (classic mode) to keep us shoosht.

No, lets. I can assure you, they are no more poorly articulated than anything you or anyone else has wrote so we can scratch that option. If, in your opinion, they are poor arguments then so be it but you either read them or you don't. Making assumptions on arguments you haven't read might get one into trouble on a forum.

Again, if you revert back to my earlier comments I never once demanded that I should be winning. I have made it clear I came on to see if people were struggling in the same manner as myself, I was offering my own feedback to this feedback thread. I've in no way implied the whole game needs recoding.

Sorry, I thought we were assuming things. You may be able to find stats and analyse them quickly, many others cannot. There seems to be a surplus of people on here who think because they can do something quickly and efficiently then everyone else should be able to do just as well.

So your point is "I'm not doing well and I used to. I don't understand why either. Are there others in the same boat? Don't give me any advice on how to get better though, because I won't like it and react. Just back me up."

I've seen this all before. Simple answer is that there will be others in the same boat as you. Some will listen to advice and improve. Others will not. It is as it always has been. Why have we had to go through this rigmarole if all you wanted to do was see if some other people were struggling to play FM as badly as you are? You could have read back through the thread to see that. Just like I read all your posts before replying to them.

Not at all. You really haven't read. I came on to find out if people were having problems not using full backs. I wasn't reading back through 600 comments. I was dragged into arguments by self righteous people telling me how to play the game. Yourself included.

Really would have rather not reveal this as I don't want the usual sympathy **** that comes with it but I'm dyslexic. Big surprise considering how unarticulated and non sensicle my posts have been huh? Actually, it's more if not solely now only with numbers. If i'd to have a proper sit down and analyse the stats of a match, I'd be there for hours. Believe me I've tried, hence why I lost patience and need a save where i can just click and go. So maybe you're right, perhaps FM isn't for me anymore.

Not at all. You really haven't read. I came on to find out if people were having problems not using full backs. I wasn't reading back through 600 comments. I was dragged into arguments by self righteous people telling me how to play the game. Yourself included.

Really would have rather not reveal this as I don't want the usual sympathy **** that comes with it but I'm dyslexic. Big surprise considering how unarticulated and non sensicle my posts have been huh? Actually, it's more if not solely now only with numbers. If i'd to have a proper sit down and analyse the stats of a match, I'd be there for hours. Believe me I've tried, hence why I lost patience and need a save where i can just click and go. So maybe you're right, perhaps FM isn't for me anymore.

You've now gone beyond the Defcom Three of "not reading my arguments" and gone nuclear by playing the sympathy card. If you weren't so ridiculously defensive we might be getting somewhere. I'll try again.

You don't need to look at the stats. Just look at the analysis screen to see your shot positions, passing patterns and average positions. Read the Twelve Step Guide and have a play around with its ideas. Be prepared to think slightly differently. Slow down ever so slightly. Take twenty minutes to learn how to play rather than an hour and twenty minutes complaining about the game.

Currently 1-1 after 70 minutes with ten men against a much stronger Morecambe with my Leamington side.

Player ratings as follows:

GK: 5.6

DR: 4.9

DC: 5.1

DC: 5.6

DL: 5.2

So - do I discipline them for poor performance despite the positive result? Do I ignore it and let the media slate them?

@huntelaar19, maybe just cool your expectations for a save or two until you get to grips with the game, just enjoy it for reading the Analysis tab seeing where roles are bad ideas etc and not be so focused on results, just enjoy the learning experience for a save or two, I am telling you it will make a world of difference.

. No ones playing a sympathy card here, you're just so narrow minded that you can't for a second think how others might be struggling playing this 'game' because you find it so delightfully easy. For a moderator your attitude is abysmal, instead of defusing a situation you've been condescending and patronising.

Your last paragraph was perhaps your best of the night. Maybe if you'd started with that and trying to find what I was really having the issue with in terms of stats etc rather than trying to impose your superiority we'd have gotten there sooner and in more ammicable circumstances.

Currently 1-1 after 70 minutes with ten men against a much stronger Morecambe with my Leamington side.

Player ratings as follows:

GK: 5.6

DR: 4.9

DC: 5.1

DC: 5.6

DL: 5.2

So - do I discipline them for poor performance despite the positive result? Do I ignore it and let the media slate them?

In my experience if your whole defence was rubbish singling out a player will make him feel hard done by. You said you were not a favourite for the game anyway, why be harsh?

Go **** yourself mate. No ones playing a sympathy card here, you're just so narrow minded that you can't for a second think how others might be struggling playing this 'game' because you find it so delightfully easy. For a moderator your attitude is abysmal, instead of defusing a situation you've been condescending and patronising.

Your last paragraph was perhaps your best of the night. Maybe if you'd started with that and trying to find what I was really having the issue with in terms of stats etc rather than trying to impose your superiority we'd have gotten there sooner and in more ammicable circumstances.

I don't want to antagonise you any further but, mate, your answer for everything is "oh well just becuase you find it easy". You are not listening to advice at all. Your frustration is turning into a hatchet job here, maybe you just need a few hours out to cool down?

Go **** yourself mate. No ones playing a sympathy card here, you're just so narrow minded that you can't for a second think how others might be struggling playing this 'game' because you find it so delightfully easy. For a moderator your attitude is abysmal, instead of defusing a situation you've been condescending and patronising.

How is it possible for me to give the advice you want when you constantly react badly to anyone giving you advice. I don't appreciate the abuse either. I suggest you take peleJunior's advice.

noticed this in beta but it happened again, sometimes at kick off the starting player kicks the ball at the other guy standing there, it bounces off and leads to lost possesion.

If you can get a PKM please bug report it, I've not seen that.

I don't want to antagonise you any further but, mate, your answer for everything is "oh well just becuase you find it easy". You are not listening to advice at all. Your frustration is turning into a hatchet job here, maybe you just need a few hours out to cool down?

Thats all I'm getting though mate, all I have to do is this, it's easy. It won't take ages 'cause it's easy.

Thats all I'm getting though mate, all I have to do is this, it's easy. It won't take ages 'cause it's easy.

Nobody is saying that. We are saying that an alternative way of playing won't take the amount of time you think it will. It may be a steep learning curve, and you may get frustrated at times, but you will come out the other end the better for it.

You have to realise that we've seen this before and know what we are talking about. We don't exist in a vacuum you know.

Who said it was easy, all I was asking is just spend a little time relating to the more analytical side of the game. That is all. I didn't say even that was easy, I might have implied with more experience of football and the game you would find it easy but that was to push you on to learn with a bit more enthusiasm for the game not to put you off!!!!

How is it possible for me to give the advice you want when you constantly react badly to anyone giving you advice. I don't appreciate the abuse either. I suggest you take peleJunior's advice.

Your first piece of advice was that the way I play the game is flawed. We then got deeper into it and I told you it takes too much time to analyse and creating new tactics constantly feels like a job to which you replied "it doesn't and it isn't". Surely if you were advising me on something you'd have told me then why it doesnt take so long and why it isnt like a job, then maybe I'd have understood better.

Your first piece of advice was that the way I play the game is flawed. We then got deeper into it and I told you it takes too much time to analyse and creating new tactics constantly feels like a job to which you replied "it doesn't and it isn't". Surely if you were advising me on something you'd have told me then why it doesnt take so long and why it isnt like a job, then maybe I'd have understood better.

It's been stated over and over, you need to review how you approach the game and adjust, move on. Stop getting caught up in the choice of words people are using to get this point across.

After accepting your point that there may be a bugged super assistant and you could upload an example:

I know, with all due respect, there are so many fanboys on here who can't for a second question the game and ridicule people who's opinion isnt plucked from an SI members post or tweet and will therefore always reply with the 'it's your tactics' rubbish but surely theres a holiday/ass man bug in there somewhere if nothing else.

I suggested an alternative perspective

What might be more useful is if you engaged with the possibility that your current approach to FM is slightly flawed.

I don't know how to make advice softer than that. Maybe if you'd asked "how", we'd have got somewhere?

Archived