Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing this is some kind of new poster hazing.

Well done, very funny!

No bother mate, if you'd rather just have a rant at the game than accept advice of how to get to the root of your problem, then that's cool. Just means less people will be inclined to listen to you/help you.

Bye.

A few people raised this issue earlier in the thread but I haven't seen a response...

Selling players in the lower leagues is pretty much impossible. In the beta I played a game as Forest Green, got promoted although my finances were rapidly deteriorating due to one of the highest wage bills in the league. Once I got promoted, my wage bill got cut in half, while expectations were to finish in the top half of the table. I tried to sell some of my best and highest paid players, but there were no takers, even on a free. No offers for loans, either.

So after release I start a new, non-beta game, and it's exactly the same. January is almost over, I need to offload some of my better players, but nobody wants them. Both saves had "disable first window transfer budgets" enabled, so I thought playing until January would help, but nothing has changed.

The most frustrating thing is that, as a player, I'm going to be punished for success. I'm well within my wage and transfer budget, but the club is rapidly losing money and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Does it have something to do with my chairman's hidden ratings? For example, is this the game's attempt to model something like Leeds or Portsmouth, where the owners set unsustainable budgets? Even if that's the case, there's no feedback for the player.

As far as I'm concerned, the lower leagues aren't really playable right now. It's really frustrating that an issue that's been present since beta hasn't been resolved at all.

Is it just me thats find this incredibly difficult? I'm doing my usual Aris Salonika save only objectives are to avoid relegation. No transfer budget and no spare wages. Shockingly poor squad especially when compared to olympiakos etc so poor results are innevitable.

My first season is as expected shocking. Just avoid relegation. Start second season with largely the same squad as still no cash results are even worse no matter how much I tinker and I start to get frustrated as I'm usually making some great strides by now in FM.

Four losses and a draw later I pass over to my new assistant in frustration who has 15's for judging ability and potential but 4's and 5's for everything else. I give him the reigns until mid january and instruct him to use my tactics and my selection. He loses twice. Between his two losses comes a period of nine wins and two draws in a club record undefeated run. He hands back over in second place 1 point behind PAOK.

Can someone please please please tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can start to enjoy the game and wipe that smug smile of giannoupapdaoupbatzis or whatever my ass mans name is!!

Edit - My ass man is called Asaura and he's Argentinian...oops.

so what did I do wrong?

played with higher tempo, offside trap, route one,

attacking style 4 3 3

A 4-3-3 attacking style away to one of the best sides in the league? With route one tactical instruction? And you're wondering where you went wrong?

If this is a wind up, then well done, you got me!!

so what did I do wrong? 21ccktv.png

giroud, walcott were injured but overall a good side can anyone help me as to why I lost with such a bad result?

attacking style 4 3 3

Route 1 away at Chelsea with Arsenal? No wonder it didn't end well. They owned you in midfield.

No bother mate, if you'd rather just have a rant at the game than accept advice of how to get to the root of your problem, then that's cool. Just means less people will be inclined to listen to you/help you.

Bye.

This is happening game after game with different teams and tactics. I'm well aware that these kind of results do happen now and again, but they also usually work both ways and even themselves out over a season or two.

This is one way traffic, all in favour of the AI, game after game and even worse than usual.

This is happening game after game with different teams and tactics. I'm well aware that these kind of results do happen now and again, but they also usually work both ways and even themselves out over a season or two.

This is one way traffic, all in favour of the AI, game after game and even worse than usual.

What are you doing about it in game? How do you set up? What have you changed since noticing this issue?

I played the Demo and, about the match engine, I found several things not working properly. I'm referring to short throw-ins, horrible finishing, huge amount of shots from both sides, corner loop, goalies catching the ball wherever it is kicked from (40 yds. or 1, whatever) etc. etc.

So I wanted to ask whether the final version still suffers these issues or whether you find the engine runs smooth. I know it's almost impossible to see a bug-free game, but I expected a huge step forward compared to FM13, and I haven't seen it so far.

The ME cannot distinguish between AI and Human. Did you read my previous reply to you? Do you agree with it?

hahahahahah what should I do then just sit back and defend

Try playing a possession based counter game, keep the ball. Pass to feet. At the moment you're humping it upfield at the first opportunity, and without Giroud there to hit balls up to is it any wonder you're losing possession to launch their attacks?

hahahahahah what should I do then just sit back and defend

Perhaps try and retain posession and hit them on the counter? Perhaps try and outnumber them in midfield and try and nerf their more creative players? Maybe shut down their striker(s)? There's a number of things you can do that doesn't necessarily equate to simply sitting back and defending.

Of course, you could still lose the game 3-0 doing all that, but that's football. Chelsea are a world class team, particularly at Stamford Bridge. It's difficult, even for a side like Arsenal to do well there.

I bet Chelsea's centre-backs really struggled with all those long balls forward to Arsenal's notoriously physical strikeforce.

Although, to be fair, Chelsea have exactly the right kind of players to excel in this version of the ME (exceptional wide men who dribble at pace), and Arsenal's full backs aren't exactly comparably stellar to begin with.

A few people raised this issue earlier in the thread but I haven't seen a response...

Selling players in the lower leagues is pretty much impossible. In the beta I played a game as Forest Green, got promoted although my finances were rapidly deteriorating due to one of the highest wage bills in the league. Once I got promoted, my wage bill got cut in half, while expectations were to finish in the top half of the table. I tried to sell some of my best and highest paid players, but there were no takers, even on a free. No offers for loans, either.

So after release I start a new, non-beta game, and it's exactly the same. January is almost over, I need to offload some of my better players, but nobody wants them. Both saves had "disable first window transfer budgets" enabled, so I thought playing until January would help, but nothing has changed.

The most frustrating thing is that, as a player, I'm going to be punished for success. I'm well within my wage and transfer budget, but the club is rapidly losing money and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Does it have something to do with my chairman's hidden ratings? For example, is this the game's attempt to model something like Leeds or Portsmouth, where the owners set unsustainable budgets? Even if that's the case, there's no feedback for the player.

As far as I'm concerned, the lower leagues aren't really playable right now. It's really frustrating that an issue that's been present since beta hasn't been resolved at all.

As Forest Green, no-one is really going to buy your players though, are they? The most likely scenario is that you offload (release on a free) players and replace them with better ones. I would imagine that most teams at that level are in a similar boat and can't afford to take on your best players.

Is that the sort of problem you're having? I must admit I haven't been too embroiled in the transfer system thus far. But what I have seen, has been ok. It can be tough after you've been promoted. Your players want a pay rise and you have nothing in the pot.

Try playing a possession based counter game, keep the ball. Pass to feet. At the moment you're humping it upfield at the first opportunity, and without Giroud there to hit balls up to is it any wonder you're losing possession to launch their attacks?

okay thank you for your advice

so what did I do wrong? 21ccktv.png

giroud, walcott were injured but overall a good side can anyone help me as to why I lost with such a bad result?

attacking style 4 3 3

A wild guess?

Your problem is that you gave up possession far too easily, allowing Chelsea to repeatedly take advantage of catching your side in transition between defence and attack. Your players became increasingly frustrated with repeatedly losing the ball, causing their morale to drop and them to lose their composure. You didn't remedy the problem at half-time or with tactical changes, and Chelsea dominated easily (because you kept handing them the ball), scoring three times purely because of the sheer volume of efforts on goal even though (on the plus side) it looks like your defence had an OK game and kept them at bay enough to prevent clear cut chances.

That's just guesswork, though, because the match stats don't provide nearly enough information. You need to look at the analysis of passes, at where tackles were being lost (probably in midfield), etc etc etc.

The ME cannot distinguish between AI and Human.
So i've heard, never believed it though.
Did you read my previous reply to you? Do you agree with it?

No, i don't just play one way, i change things if/when needed.

Just like 99% of FM'ers i'll just end up using a Super Tactic, there alway's is one. No point trying to play properly when the game can't even play fair.

Just like 99% of FM'ers i'll just end up using a Super Tactic, there alway's is one. No point trying to play properly when the game can't even play fair.

There are no "super tactics". Just tactical instructions that particularly suit a collection of players, enabling them to do what they do best while limiting their options to do the things that they do badly. Management - whether in football or anywhere else, as you can swap the word "players" for "staff" easily enough - is about precisely that.

Of course, if you mostly play as top teams - Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, Barcelona, Dortmund, Munich, that Champions League winning Wrexham team in 2027, etc etc - then you'll find that some particular tactics work with all of the squads nearly equally well, but that's because the players are so broadly talented that they're far more adaptable than less gifted sides, and also because all of those teams have similar goals, so have quite similar squad composition. In those cases, it's not that the tactic is "super", it's that you have intelligent, talented footballers to work with.

TBH, what you're doing tactically is obviously not working. With the attitude that you're posting with, you might not get much help either. You should rather consider posting in the Tactics forum and let them help you there. Those guys know what they're doing!

lmao, that guy moaning that the game is broken when he gets dominated trying to play route one football with Arsenal's side of 5"7 technically proficient players against Chelsea who probably have Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill/Luiz at the back. There are obvious issues with the game but when people try and make out like these are purely the engine's issues....dear me.

And again, as with every other year, people are moaning about dominating games and losing 1-0 against a team who create very few chances and once again most of us don't seem to be suffering from this so called "gamebreaking bug." :lol:

TBH, what you're doing tactically is obviously not working. With the attitude that you're posting with, you might not get much help either. You should rather consider posting in the Tactics forum and let them help you there. Those guys know what they're doing!

It's not tactical, it's a game issue, just like the poor ME and low player ratings and morale issues, how more blatant does a problem have to be?

As Forest Green, no-one is really going to buy your players though, are they? The most likely scenario is that you offload (release on a free) players and replace them with better ones. I would imagine that most teams at that level are in a similar boat and can't afford to take on your best players.

Is that the sort of problem you're having? I must admit I haven't been too embroiled in the transfer system thus far. But what I have seen, has been ok. It can be tough after you've been promoted. Your players want a pay rise and you have nothing in the pot.

But that's the issue, I offer my players for free, set them to transfer listed, not needed, and nobody wants them. My assistant rates them as good/decent for League 2, so you would think a League 2 club would take them on a free. At first I thought that maybe it's just a problem with Forest Green in particular, there is one player on 3k/week and two others on 2k, when most players in the league are under 1k. However, I just tried to sell my star striker (rated as good for league 2, when I'm a league below) who is on 800/week for free. He's at 22 appearances, 10 goals, 7.17 average rating. And yet nobody wants him, even on a free. Even offering him on loan with zero wage contribution gets no takers.

Seems with any click I make in game, it takes at east 5 seconds to process. I have a very powerful computer so I cant understand why this is happening. I am using the dark skin and have facepacks, logos and such loaded too. It would sometimes lag like this in the beta but its even worse in the full game.

anyone else experienced this?

Could not resist I just had to play the game again, all seemed good, won 4-1 in the first game also brought in a new player and played the second game and again won 4-1, still had my left back get a 5.9 and a 5.6 in both games but decided I would just try and ignore it as I wanted to play.

Was adding players to the unwanted list in a final bid to try and sell someone for a decent amount, just as I was adding the third player to the list the game crashed, I can not even remember the last time I had a crash on FM.

I will just have to fight the urge to play, it is a bit like asking an alcoholic to stop drinking just after you handed him a beer. :)

And how did you conduct extensive market research to reach the 99% figure? Your posts started badly and are deteriorating noticeably. 12 posts, 1 infraction...enough said. I suggest you either take the good advice/help that was offered or leave the boards as they may not be for you

I do understand your frustration but the example you gave was a typical giantkilling, you get these every year, if a lower league club batters a Prem team to death then something may be fishy but that was not the case.

The only "super tactic" is the one you make yourself to suit your players, grasp that or be very unhappy,

Striking seems way too overpowered for me. In Sweden the lowest division is split into five groups. In my group teams are averaging three goals a game whereas everyone else in the other divisions are managing about a goal a game. Sovaborg who scored 27 last season have scored 21 already this year - after 6 games.

It just seems like when the CPU gets hold of the ball - they pretty much never miss. All it takes is the defence just to slip up once and the strikers punish them instantly. Seems unrealistic at the lower levels. You're more likely to see more misses that strikes - especially from distance - where they seem to be almost too accurate.

Fm2013 was perfect for me - but this version way too imbalanced.

And how did you conduct extensive market research to reach the 99% figure? Your posts started badly and are deteriorating noticeably. 12 posts, 1 infraction...enough said. I suggest you either take the good advice/help that was offered or leave the boards as they may not be for you

I do understand your frustration but the example you gave was a typical giantkilling, you get these every year, if a lower league club batters a Prem team to death then something may be fishy but that was not the case.

The only "super tactic" is the one you make yourself to suit your players, grasp that or be very unhappy,

Calm down

At the end of the day whoever this upsets, i've had this conversation with Pro Footballers AND Managers(you'd be surprised who takes notice of this game) i have conversed at length about this issue and you'd be surprised how many(mainly players) who get p*ssed off with this ridiculous and massively over looked issue.

Calm down

At the end of the day whoever this upsets, i've had this conversation with Pro Footballers AND Managers(you'd be surprised who takes notice of this game) i have conversed at length about this issue and you'd be surprised how many(mainly players) who get p*ssed off with this ridiculous and massively over looked issue.

Classic. I know people. Nod and a wink.

I like you Jimbob1000. You know football. Don't listen to the oiks here. They know nothing. ;)

Calm down

I agree it is an issue but if professional footballers are getting annoyed about a computer game they really are not living their life and spending their fortune correctly.

I agree it is an issue but if professional footballers are getting annoyed about a computer game they really are not living their life and spending their fortune correctly.

Most Pro's are footy mad and will get an extra fix anywhere they can and believe me they take these things very seriously.

Archived