Match Engine Update 13.1.3 - quick overview. ME feedback here please.

In fairness, your tactics should be set up in line with the strengths of your squad, the attributes your players have, and on occasion how you think the opposition will set up. .

This just doesn't work for me. I look at the squad I have, set it to wide play - yet the great wingers I have never seem to do anything, then a narrow 532 works.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, because that only happened in the imagination of some people on here, rather than in the actual game.

Hope this helps.

I've posted videos of these occurrences. In the general feedback thread. How can it be in the imagination of people here? You need to take your rose tinted glasses off and stop rejecting potential defects.

Too few goals. Neither of my strikers have scored since the patch despite getting at least 3 CCCs every game. At least one of them was scoring a goal every game before the patch.

Games are now boring to watch but quicker.

Through balls are far too effective regardless of the pace of the runner. Crouch should not be running in behind with impunity against quicker defenders.

Long shots have been drastically reduced.

Pressing is much better but defenders are often far too eager and leave gaping holes in defence.

Wow, maybe I was a bit too quick to praise the latest ME version...

Seems I'm now experiencing many of the problems others are mentioning but above all, doesn't seem to make much odds what I do, my team just wont create GSC's or even have shots at goal...game got BORING.

I've been replaying the same fixtures over and over trying new tweaks with my 4-4-2 and very little makes a difference.

Shouldn't the game be easier to make a significant difference in matches?

I'm not moaning, though saying it's boring is a bit of a moan I guess but I just sense some things are a little too difficulty and unrealistic.

I'll keep plugging away with my tactics though.

It's nice to see updates being made to fix bugs and make improvements but you can't just completely change the way the match engine works. It's just ruined my save which i am 3 seasons into!

I agree with this, it's utterly ridiculous to release what is essentially a completely new game a month after release, we should have the ability to chose which ME version we want, that way if we were comfortable with the current match engine we could just roll back the update.

I agree with this, it's utterly ridiculous to release what is essentially a completely new game a month after release, we should have the ability to chose which ME version we want, that way if we were comfortable with the current match engine we could just roll back the update.

Also agree! I have built my squad around a specific tactic for 4 seasons, a tactic that is now utterly useless :(

Absolutely 100% agree. I was perfectly happy with the match engine and would have been delighted with an update that fixed the tax issue and nothing else.

Now I'm scared to start a new save incase the match engine changes again next week!

My tactic went from 10 wins in a row (pre patch)... to... 5 games without winning post- patch (2d-3L).

I play a 451 formation, and i belive (well, i used to believe) that i had a very good and balanced tactic. All that stuff that wwfan talks about... having players to move between lines, etc etc, just stop worked for me.

It's a bit strangem and the truth is, at this point i dont know what should i do to improve the tactic.

I'm having games were i spend 45 minutes without a single shot made.

I want to believe that a well balanced tactic, with the right players will always have sucess in FM. But sometimes i see this kind of events that really leaves very confused.

The ME was worse than terrible before the patch. I didn't thought that it was possible for it go get worse but... Congratulations SI, you succeded. There's no word to describe how terrible it is now.

In the matches i've played so far i havn't won a single one, i have had at least one injury and one send-off (for both teams) in every match. In terms of injuries and send-offs it was great before the patch, why fix something that ain't broken?

No shots, few goals. All player ratings seem to be a few steps lower than before too.

I liked how in the last ME players from all over the park would score goals, post patch and after 3 games I have scored 11 goals, all from my strikers bar 1. And my centre backs have averaged 8.4 over 3 games in which I have conceded 2 goals in each game and the centre backs have played rubbish.

Oh and Gervinho had an open goal, so turns around and passes it to the edge of the box? Thought this had been fixed? :D

It could be that you've discovered a completely new version of the bug that had nothing to do with any previous issues - if you can, please post about it in the bugs forum with an uploaded PKM.

The GOALKEEPER DISTRIBUTION is completely screwed up with this update. I have it set to defender collect and I've just conceded two goals in one match where the keeper kicked it straight to the opposition under no pressure for an open goal shot.

PKMs and bugs forum, please.

I have played 7 games since new patch (testing it with different tactics) and I have had at least 2 injuries in every single game. sometimes 3. They don't always turn out to be long termers. Just pick up knocks in game.

I experience this too, and the amount of fluke/random goals has not diminished at all! Rather, they seem to have increased. There are several of them every match I play, and pushing up is more dangerous than ever. At the moment I am still tweaking, though. So might be the pre-patch tactic having some weaknesses - but the amount of bad clearances in front of both goals is huge, and I don't see how the clearances or "plays the ball forward" decisions by defenders can be my fault when the full backs are at 10 (mixed) both mentality and passing range.

No shots, few goals. All player ratings seem to be a few steps lower than before too.

Weird, my 3 games post patch have been 5-2, 4-2 and 2-2 (17 goals in 3 games) and my ratings are much higher than before. Oh and I have had 0 sendings off and only 1 minor injury so far.

Ok, I'm going to save myself some time:

If you are experiencing issues with the new update, please post your feedback here and also post in the bugs forum, uploading a PKM of the match to SI's FTP (instructions on how to do this can be found in the bugs forum).

A whole year to get the Match Engine right, and SI are still making weekly changes to it, I just don't get it.

If you don't like how they keep screwing up stay with the older versions! /Sigames =x

I'm getting the injuries thing myself, I'm also seeing goals go up and down rather randomly. Some cracking 4-3, 5-4 scores and stuff that is being a bit silly.

Weird, my 3 games post patch have been 5-2, 4-2 and 2-2 (17 goals in 3 games) and my ratings are much higher than before. Oh and I have had 0 sendings off and only 1 minor injury so far.

You playing that 3-5-1-2 tactic? I tried that with Monaco but just concede loads. As I do with 442

Something else i've notice in 13.1.3 is the amount of long balls going out of play by both human and AI teams, almost feels like the players are kicking it too hard/over hitting it, it happens IRL i know that but it feels a bit excessive in the current game i'm playing (full match)

A whole year to get the Match Engine right, and SI are still making weekly changes to it, I just don't get it.

I agree. As i posted earlier, i am 3 years into my save and my team is built around a specific tactic with players brought into the team who can play this tactic. Now after this update the tactic is completely in-effective.

We all want bugs to be fixed but to change the match engine so much weeks after the full release just should not be happening

My tactic went from 10 wins in a row (pre patch)... to... 5 games without winning post- patch (2d-3L).

I play a 451 formation, and i belive (well, i used to believe) that i had a very good and balanced tactic. All that stuff that wwfan talks about... having players to move between lines, etc etc, just stop worked for me.

It's a bit strangem and the truth is, at this point i dont know what should i do to improve the tactic.

I'm having games were i spend 45 minutes without a single shot made.

I want to believe that a well balanced tactic, with the right players will always have sucess in FM. But sometimes i see this kind of events that really leaves very confused.

All I've done post update is change the roles of two players, this got things ticking over pretty much as before and the only real difference is in shot counts (which was way too high before anyway)

I agree. As i posted earlier, i am 3 years into my save and my team is built around a specific tactic with players brought into the team who can play this tactic. Now after this update the tactic is completely in-effective.

We all want bugs to be fixed but to change the match engine so much weeks after the full release just should not be happening

Agreed, at least give is the ability to roll back. This update will ruin many people's saved game because you can't just change to a completely new tactic in the middle of the season

Agreed, at least give is the ability to roll back. This update will ruin many people's saved game because you can't just change to a completely new tactic in the middle of the season

Make a thread in the tactics forum, with all the details of your tactic and where your struggling, within a few posts people will get you back going again.

Sadly, this has probably to do with the high number of, er, individuals who shouted the loudest about the whole game being 'broken'. And that's the problem with this being the official forum.

In reality, the tax issue, a few of the animations, and a small tweaking of some of the ME was all that was required.

All that said, I'm yet to be convinced it's changed all that much and my teams' declines may well just be a natural loss of form. I guess time will tell.

Experiencing the same things

1. A lot of injuries. (probably down to me playing high closing down and tacklings, but still too much)

2. Before I was winning, now I was losing. I am sure this has to do with the closing down and tackling fixes, as I find the opposition team having like 5 CCCs per match. But it's not like I can say what I should change. I mean high closing down at home against the bottom table team can't be that wrong. I am playing with 3 CBs so counter attacks and through balls should be defended a lot better than with only 2 CBs. But it seems like they suddenly dont know anymore how to defend

All I've done post update is change the roles of two players, this got things ticking over pretty much as before and the only real difference is in shot counts (which was way too high before anyway)

It's true that before patch there were too much shots, no argue there.

But even your example, dont you think it's a bit odd? What you are saying is something like..."before patch, my tactic was ok, after patch it stop from working, but i've changed the roles in two players, and everything is working ok again".

I know this is a game, but dont you think things are a little but too volatile?

I would like to believe that a tactic that worked fine pre-patch, should also work fine post-patch, unless the tactic would take advantage of some bug the ME had... which is not the case.

I'm not to worry... i know that sooner or later i'll build a tactic that work again... i just think things should not work like this.

Just want to say big thanks for the improvements, very positive in game match experience for my save which is over five seasons and through the updates from beta. I have a consistent tactic and no drastic change in results while using. What's wrong with a few injuries to players? That's why you have a squad. Thanks again looking forward to continued improvements over time.

I would like to believe that a tactic that worked fine pre-patch, should also work fine post-patch, unless the tactic would take advantage of some bug the ME had... which is not the case.

Yep, that's the way I see it too. Well said.

I can't understand why someone is experiencing more injuries and others don't at all.

Which is the truth ?

Could depend a lot on tactics, both of the player and the AI. Defenders are more aggressive now so it could be that there's just more tackling, but the injury/tackle rate is unchanged.

As some people have said there seems to be alot of own goals, and just now I ran into a situation which seems like a ME bug as neither the goalkeeper or defender is interested in stopping the ball from going in. I also saved the PKM if anyone from SIgames wants to investigate

[video=youtube;U1XxGoqfa3A]

I can't understand why someone is experiencing more injuries and others don't at all.

Which is the truth ?

I guess those who use high closing down or hard tackling are starting to see that the match engine now factors in the higher risk of injury playing that way. If so then its a realistic approach as in real life you would expect more injuries if you have players making more high energy sprints and turns, but its a bit of a shock factor when you spent half the season rarely getting injuries and all of a sudden its like emergency ward 10 at the training ground post patch.

I'm not too sure on whether i have noticed all that much of a change in the match engine to be honest. I am getting the results i should although it has been a while since we put six past a team! I have noticed a large increase in knocks and injuries though. I will post anything else i pick up as i notice but for the most part i think it's a success.

Anybody having good experiences with the match engine?

With all the negativity is there anybody who is enjoying it or not experiencing an unreal amount of own goals or injuries?

I am loving it for the most part. Defenders just seem much more alert and realistic than in the 13.1.2 ME. I've seen an uptick in injuries but not enough to be unrealistic.

• Administrators
This has gone over the top... Now the game has way too few shots at goal... Please test this a little more before releasing?

How many different tactics have you tried to determine this? Do you have a seasons worth of matches to compare with real life statistics?

I only use commentary only so cannot comment regarding the actual gameplay but few observations.

* There definately is higher chance of injuries occuring. As few have said I think it is down high closing + hard tackling orders. Injuries seems 4-6 weeks in range mostly. I haven't had excessive amounts but notable rise there.

* The scores seem less random and less "late" + injury time goals. Which I think is good.

* Amount of shots is definately less.. I guess that reflects reality better. Very few +30 shots games.

* Direct freekicks still blazing over... very very few goals from them.

I haven't had any troubles winning games.. It might be the tactic I use and also due more harsh teamtalks. The game favours that approach much more this time. KInd of vice versa from previous version.

Haven't watched the games though so for the actual gameplay cannot comment.

Archived