Match Engine Update 13.1.3 - quick overview. ME feedback here please.

Better than something you've never experienced?
That's the curse of these forums, and the snowball effect they have on people. I'm willing to bet my life savings if this forum didn't exist, at least half of the worst 'moaners' wouldn't think there was a lot wrong with the game.

Such is human nature though.

I wonder if he went to the trouble of reading your posts?

As you clearly never read his.

So fingers crossed for a Christmas release because I couldn't put up with a lot of the issues. I remember one where I singled out a player from another team and instead of showing my name (or my club's name I forget) it showed a bunch of code that was like broken/not complete. Similar to "Wants to prove #19387278, wrong next game".

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did he let a striker run past him multiple times? All throughout the game? Or just when the other team scored? Have a look at his tackling stats, the areas he covered on the field, etc. The stats give a better representation of performance than watching a few key highlights. May have been his only mistake during the game. Also, players do, you know, make mistakes. Per Mertesacker, an international class defender. How many times does he get caught flat footed against a pacy striker?

It's not just that he got "caught flat footed" it's that I could see the play developing (attacker starting his run) several seconds before the goal was scored and the defender set to cover who is supposed to prevent exactly this sort of thing didn't even react!! I mean, maybe my biggest problem is that I can see goals coming a mile away now. There are about 2-3 ultra common scenarios that lead to what seem like a majority of goals, and it's painful to watch them develop because you can see it happening. There's the fullback giving the winger way too much space to cross, and then the through ball that the CBs don't react to. I see these over and over and over again. Not to mention egregious errors like defenders tackling into their own net, and defenders misplacing passes back to the keeper. These things happen FAR more than I see them happen when watching actual top flight football.

It desperately needs a version of the dubious goals panel. I just won the FA Cup 4-1, and three were own goals. That's an extreme example but it must be around 10% or so of the goals scored in my game are OGs. Not even in a "lies, damn lies and statistics" way either. SO many OGs.

Archived